SC - Susan Smith engaging in phone sex with sugar daddies in anticipation of parole - July 2, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Clearsky

Reaction score
1719928156444.png

Smith was a 22-year-old mom when she let her car roll into John D. Long Lake in Union County, SC, with her sons — 3-year-old Michael and 14-month-old Alexander — still strapped into their car seats. She stood on the side of the lake as the vehicle sank to the bottom, drowning both boys.

Men interested in a woman convicted of killing her own pre-school children?

Today, from NY Post, as @Clearsky linked:
"Killer mom Susan Smith is preparing to get out of prison — and she’s giving phone sex to sugar daddies who want to take care of her...

Nov. 4 parole hearing coming up. In March, a suitor told Susan that he -
"has a large nest egg waiting for her if she’s paroled — a combination of funds from the sale of family property, gifts from admirers and money that he has saved up."

Atm suitor may be genuinely enamored of her. But the ostensible nest egg "he has saved up."???
Selling "family property?" His fam's prop? Her fam's prop? Which he would have control of, um, exactly how?
Other "admirers" put $ gifts for her in his hands?
A bit puzzling imo.

Brings to mind Sherri PAPINI, perpetrator of kidnapping hoax, convicted of telling tall tales about it. See "Sherri Papini kidnapping hoax" on wiki. Or

One should not forget all the facts of the Susan Smith case circa 1994. And least of all the false identity of a supposed abductor. Let’s hope that the Parole Board and its members don’t overlook that element either.

This is an October 25, 2019 Washington Post recap article by Marisa Iati of the case entitled “She captivated the nation by saying a black man kidnapped her sons. Police knew she killed them.” (It may be paywall for some):

One should not forget all the facts of the Susan Smith case circa 1994. And least of all the false identity of a supposed abductor. Let’s hope that the Parole Board and its members don’t overlook that element either.

This is an October 25, 2019 Washington Post recap article by Marisa Iati of the case entitled “She captivated the nation by saying a black man kidnapped her sons. Police knew she killed them.” (It may be paywall for some):

unfortunately, i'm sure many many gross men wouldn't think that was a problem at all.

Sadly, I'm not surprised that this piece of human excrement may be getting out of prison. What nimrods make these decisions?! Wow.

Not only did she commit a heinous act by killing her own children - but in addition to this, she also pointed the finger at a fictitious person/persons to try to deflect suspicion from herself. And, it's obvious that if she hadn't eventually confessed - this case may have resulted in 1 (or more) innocent people going to jail for something they didn't do. Horrific.

She's lucky she just got a prison sentence. She should have been executed for these heinous crimes. However, at the least - she deserves prison without parole. Sickening.

Last edited:
wow she sure looks different
I always get her confused with Darlie Routier
didn't they both kill their two sons and blame a black man?
@LadyL
Yes, they each killed two of their sons. :(

Darlie Routier blamed the deaths & her injuries on an "unidentified intruder." I don't remember much detail from the book I read years ago and at link,* I did not see any ref to intruder's race but could have missed it.

Regardless, seems both Susan Smith & Darlie Routier are where they belong. And should remain for a verrry looong time, imo.

Parole. Possible in Future?
why would she ever get parole? I don't get it
@ilovewings
Briefly, per link*
"Smith was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole after 30 years[2]
"According to the South Carolina Department of Corrections, she will be eligible for parole on November 4, 2024."
(ETA: Keep in mind, under terms of her sentence, she gets a parole hearing in Nov., but being "eligible for parole" does not mean she will be paroled. Many convicts have series of parole hearings but end up dying in prison.)

Not so briefly:
"....she confessed on November 3, 1994, to letting her car roll into nearby John D. Long Lake." Kids were in the car.

From The Trial section below:*
"It took the jury only two and a half hours to convict her of murdering them. During the penalty phase, Tommy Pope, the lead prosecutor in the Smith case, argued passionately in favor of sentencing Smith to death. The jury ultimately voted against imposing the death penalty.[16] Smith was sentenced to life in prison in 1995 for the murders of her two sons. Smith's defense psychiatrist diagnosed her with dependent personality disorder and major depression.[9]"

Last edited:
Men interested in a woman convicted of killing her own pre-school children?

Today, from NY Post, as @Clearsky linked:
"Killer mom Susan Smith is preparing to get out of prison — and she’s giving phone sex to sugar daddies who want to take care of her...

Nov. 4 parole hearing coming up. In March, a suitor told Susan that he -
"has a large nest egg waiting for her if she’s paroled — a combination of funds from the sale of family property, gifts from admirers and money that he has saved up."

Atm suitor may be genuinely enamored of her. But the ostensible nest egg "he has saved up."???
Selling "family property?" His fam's prop? Her fam's prop? Which he would have control of, um, exactly how?
Other "admirers" put $ gifts for her in his hands?
A bit puzzling imo.

Brings to mind Sherri PAPINI, perpetrator of kidnapping hoax, convicted of telling tall tales about it. See "Sherri Papini kidnapping hoax" on wiki. Or
Parole? Aw HELL no!

Parole. Possible in Future?

From The Trial section below:*
"It took the jury only two and a half hours to convict her of murdering them. During the penalty phase, Tommy Pope, the lead prosecutor in the Smith case, argued passionately in favor of sentencing Smith to death. The jury ultimately voted against imposing the death penalty.[16] Smith was sentenced to life in prison in 1995 for the murders of her two sons. Smith's defense psychiatrist diagnosed her with dependent personality disorder and major depression.[9]"

This is exactly why "Life in Prison" doesn't mean a lot if the perp. is going to be eligible for parole at some point. And, if there's a perp. that never deserves parole - it's this scum-bag.

Last edited:
Smith. Motivation to Kill Sons? Sugar Daddy?
Somehow wasn't it her infatuation with a sugar daddy that led to said murders of her sons?? I fear she hasn't learned anything from her time in prison.
@SweetDreamsAreMadeOfCheez
FWIW, per wiki,
"Her motivation was reportedly to facilitate a relationship with a local wealthy man named Tom Findlay. Prior to the murders he sent Smith a letter ending their relationship and expressing that he did not want children."

I have no clue as to whether he fit into a "Sugar Daddy" stereotype as it may have existed in the mid-1990's.
Seems motivations behind her current interactions w men are clearer.
From NY Post article in post #1 on this thread:

"... she’s hard at work finding sugar daddies willing to bankroll her life on the outside. And the 52-year-old inmate is not above engaging in a little phone sex to lure them in, according to family sources and South Carolina prison call recordings reviewed by The Post."

IDK if she has learned anything from her incarceration.

Smith. Motivation to Kill Sons? Sugar Daddy?

@SweetDreamsAreMadeOfCheez
FWIW, per wiki,
"Her motivation was reportedly to facilitate a relationship with a local wealthy man named Tom Findlay. Prior to the murders he sent Smith a letter ending their relationship and expressing that he did not want children."

I have no clue as to whether he fit into a "Sugar Daddy" stereotype as it may have existed in the mid-1990's.
Seems motivations behind her current interactions w men are clearer.
From NY Post article in post #1 on this thread:

"... she’s hard at work finding sugar daddies willing to bankroll her life on the outside. And the 52-year-old inmate is not above engaging in a little phone sex to lure them in, according to family sources and South Carolina prison call recordings reviewed by The Post."

IDK if she has learned anything from her incarceration.

Edited to add more

Idk where her ex husband is at these days, but I hope he's able to send (and have his family send) letters to the parole board expressing that SS should NOT be granted parole
David Smith, who has since remarried and welcomed two additional children, and his family plan to vehemently oppose her release.

This is exactly why "Life in Prison" doesn't mean a lot if the perp. is going to be eligible for parole at some point. And, if there's a perp. that never deserves parole - it's this scum-bag.
She deserved LWOP
nothing less
If her horrific crime against her own children, in the cruelist
Manner, where they suffered , drowning slowly, over a period
Of time, and blaming a black man, did not get her LWOP, my
God, what is wrong with our system of justice?

Somehow wasn't it her infatuation with a sugar daddy that led to said murders of her sons?? I fear she hasn't learned anything from her time in prison.
Sort of. That guy who said her kids were the coffin nail in their relationship? He also knew that she had been unfaithful to him, but he did not know at the time that it was WITH HIS FATHER. I don't know if either of them knew about the other at the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back