Found Deceased SC - Tevin Thompson, 25, missing after crash, Spartanburg, 8 Jan 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

KatzEye

Reaction score
Help officers find missing man Tevin Thompson

Police said Tevin Thompson, 25, of Spartanburg, was last seen on Jan. 8 at about 10 p.m. at a family member’s apartment, located on East Main Street in Spartanburg.

Thompson’s sister told officers he was in a crash and went to their cousin’s apartment in downtown Spartanburg following the crash.

Tevin-Thompson.jpg

Police: Man goes missing after crashing his car in Spartanburg Co.

According to police, 25-year-old Tevin Thompson was last seen by his cousin around 10 p.m. on Jan. 8. Thompson's cousin told police Thompson had been out drinking and wrecked his orange Ford Focus. He reportedly went to his cousin's apartment on East Main Street and that is where he was last seen, according to the missing persons report.

Did he stayed the night at his cousin's appartment?

After a crash you always have to wonder if someone sustained a head injury. Injuries to the head from a car crash can lead to personality changes, memory problems, vision and/or hearing issues.

Did he stayed the night at his cousin's appartment?

After a crash you always have to wonder if someone sustained a head injury. Injuries to the head from a car crash can lead to personality changes, memory problems, vision and/or hearing issues.

I agree with the concern for head injury, especially if he had been drinking like the MSM article states. I have not seen it reported that his car was ever found. It is still missing IMO.

Police: Man goes missing after crashing his car in Spartanburg Co.

Articles states it was updated 4 hrs ago, unsure what info is new however.

“According to police, 25-year-old Tevin Thompson was last seen by his cousin around 10 p.m. on Jan. 8. Thompson's cousin told police Thompson had been out drinking and wrecked his orange Ford Focus. He reportedly went to his cousin's apartment on East Main Street and that is where he was last seen, according to the missing persons report.”

Seen by whom? The cousin that reported him missing? Did he just walk out/off? Where’s the car? MOO

“According to police, 25-year-old Tevin Thompson was last seen by his cousin around 10 p.m. on Jan. 8. Thompson's cousin told police Thompson had been out drinking and wrecked his orange Ford Focus. He reportedly went to his cousin's apartment on East Main Street and that is where he was last seen, according to the missing persons report.”

Seen by whom? The cousin that reported him missing? Did he just walk out/off? Where’s the car? MOO
Follow the FB last name trail to see his missing poster. They are looking for his car as well.

Last edited:
Noting location last seen from this post - 2096 E Main St. This does not appear to be a residential area. I believe that is Hillcrest Shopping Center, but my knowledge of the area is very rusty. Depending on the area he was last seen, there could be some video there. JMOO

Map of area :

Google Maps
Weird. When I put the address in I get this (which appears to be more correct):
Google Maps

I’ve been trying to figure out what feels “off” here. I’m surprised nobody knows or has said where he was going after he left his cousin’s place. If they have ideas (home, favorite hangouts), that would be helpful for searchers. It was said he had been drinking, had an accident of some sort, got out of that predicament, went to his cousin’s and left by 10pm. It would obviously depend on what time he started drinking, but that seems like a short time frame to me.

I have the same questions!

Tevin walked to his cousin’s place?
Has the cousin made a statement or been interviewed?
Did he just walk out the door and not say anything to his cousin?

Last edited:
So far this year, there have been seven reported missing person cases in Spartanburg. Littlejohn said among these cases is Tevin Thompson, 25, who was last seen Jan. 8. His whereabouts remain unknown.

Click here for tables: Missing person cases reported in the City of Spartanburg & Missing person cases reported in Spartanburg County.
Family continues looking for answers about missing Wellford woman

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganemma
Back