GUILTY SC - Vinson Filyaw for abducting, holding 14yo girl captive, Lugoff, 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good, they are putting that away forever so he can't touch another girl.

I looked at the pictures of the bunker and just seeing it disgusts me, I couldn't imagine having to sit there.

Any word on how Elizabeth is doing?

This case was just on Dateline last night (I think it was Dateline, maybe it was Primetime?). Anyway, I wasn't familiar with it and did a search and found this thread.

They interviewed Elizabeth and she seems like such an incredibly strong young woman. It said she had a blog, but I don't have a clue how to find it. My prayers for her continued healing.

ETA: Yes, it was definitely Dateline - just found this while searching my Yahoo tv guide listings:
Originally Aired: March 07, 2008
High-school student Elizabeth Shoaf manages to escape an underground bunker where she was held captive for 10 days; Vinson Filyaw, Shoaf's captor; footage of their courtroom confrontation.

ETA2: Link to MSNBC about the show

Some murders are less repulsive than what the sicko child molesters do though. I think the law and judges should work to try and equate child molestation and rape equal with murder and worse than in some instances.

I saw her and her parents on one of the morning shows. What a brave young girl!

Just watched her story on ID channel last night (think the weekly program was called Surviving Hell)

Just an amazing young woman she is!

I'll be his public defender:furious: Course, he may never see daylight again. :D

Yeah, and the women need a flogging, I agree.

JMO - "mom" should be charged with Failure to Protect her daughter. Her ability to retain custody is questionable at best. :moo:

What an amazingly and brave girl! I hope she gets the support and help she will need to recover from this, physically, psychologically, and emotionally. :praying:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The poor kid doesnt have a chance surrounded by people like that.
What a bunch of ^%$^#^&*(s.

I'll be his public defender:furious: Course, he may never see daylight again. :D

Yeah, and the women need a flogging, I agree.

They need to spend the rest of their pathetic lives behind bars for conspiracy to rape a child.

They need to spend the rest of their pathetic lives behind bars for conspiracy to rape a child.

I agree Linda, and through all the years here at WS, it's been your love for the victims, that have made me love you so very dearly!

I agree Linda, and through all the years here at WS, it's been your love for the victims, that have made me love you so very dearly!

Awww thanks....blushing,,.

Thank you for the warning...I decided to not look...I'd rather focus on the 421 years...too bad he can't serve every single one of those days...

This. YES

'Girl in the bunker' kidnapper serving 421 years is found dead in his South Carolina cell | Daily Mail Online

A man serving a 421-year prison sentence for the kidnap, torture and rape of a 14-year-old girl he kept hidden in an underground bunker rigged with explosives has died in jail.

Vinson Filyaw, 51, was found unresponsive in his cell at McCormick Correctional Institution in South Carolina on Monday having served 14 years of his sentence, sources said.

There were no immediate signs of foul play and an autopsy will be performed, The State reported.

McCormick County coroner Faye Puckett confirmed that a prisoner had died but would not name him due to state corrections policy which says only the coroner can formally name dead inmates.

The case was the subject of a Lifetime movie entitled The Girl in the Bunker, which aired in 2018.

'He was a bad guy — as bad as you can get without killing anybody,’ former 5th Judicial Circuit Solicitor Barney Giese, who prosecuted Filyaw’s case, said in an interview Monday.

‘He got 421 years and deserved every day of it,’ Giese said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub
Back