GUILTY SC - Zachary Frison, 15 mos, dies in hot car, Aiken, 4 April 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BhamMama said:
Seven kids here and not once, not ever. Even with three in diapers and one of those being a newborn at the time. The loss of sleep alone would have been a valid excuse!

I use to have dreams too! They were so real it was scary! My mom said she had them too. Weird what the brain does while you are sleeping. Guess it was my biggest fear, therefore the most dreamt about.
I've had dreams like that too. Fortunately, I have never really done it. I've forgotten a lot of things in my life, but never them.

That baby would have been screaming it lungs out to have died in the car ... Did noone see or hear it? I have sat by a locked car at the cupermarket because a tiny baby, probably only afew weeks old was left unattended just to make sure it was okay until the mother came back, I never said anything to her, her imbarassment was enough, she knew she had done wrong. We had a case here once of a 3 week old baby screaming so much it feel between the two front seats and dieing, the poor child, his parents were at the TAB horse race gambling, there are so many women who want child and can`t have them, and then there are parents who concieve so easily and yet don`t know or want to look after them properly.

Any women who leaves a baby in a car for nine hours,doesn't deserve to be a mother.Thats pretty obvious.Is she suffering?Well,did that poor helpless little baby suffer?Should she be charged with murder?It is what it is.

mssheila said:
When my children were infants I was plagued with nightmares that I would leave the baby at the store... just forget him- and go back- and he was gone. Or one that had scared me half to death, that I left the baby carrier on top of the car and drove off with him.
When I was pregnant with my daughter, I had a very vivid dream that I was remembering that 3 days earlier someone had given me a baby to take care of and it would still be in the car. I remember in my dream, walking to the car - not wanting to see inside to see what a three day dead infant would look like and hoping for a miracle it was still alive.

That was by far the worst nightmare I've ever had.

Oh my GOSH! How awful! Dreams are meant to tell us something, I believe. When I was pregnant with my first child I had repetitive dreams that it would be a boy. Even with 3 ultrasounds (done by 2 different doctors) saying it was a girl. I believed the ultrasounds and had QUITE a suprise when HE was born! :eek: I said "Its a WHAT????":laugh:

But I had dreamed it all along.

Anyway... I hope this woman gets what she deserves. By leaving her child in the car all day long while she worked she not only showed utter depravity for the child, but a lack of a conscience. Who could do that? KNOWINGLY?

mssheila said:
When my children were infants I was plagued with nightmares that I would leave the baby at the store... just forget him- and go back- and he was gone. Or one that had scared me half to death, that I left the baby carrier on top of the car and drove off with him.
I always had nightmares when my now grown son was an infant. I would always dream that after loading my groceries in my car, I would drive off, leaving him sitting in the shopping cart. My dreams would always end with me frantically trying to drive back to the parking lot, but no one would get out of my way!

Nowadays, if I have my little granddaughter with me, I always strap her in the car first. Then after I load the goods, I leave the cart sitting right there. I know there is a proper place for putting your empty carts, but I don't want to take a chance of someone stealing her while I'm trying to find it.

I hope dreams aren't meant to tell us something! When I was pregnant I also dreamed my daughter was a filet of fish sandwich when she was born and my husband and I were poking her with a fork to see which was lunch and which one was our daughter!

Perhaps there is something in prenatal vitamins that we ought to subject to further clinical trials... :-)

Me too! We were told by two ultrasound techs that our 2nd was a girl. But I dreamed he was a boy with the name of A------. My husband thought I was crazy to not buy any girl stuff but the dream was right!

mssheila said:
Oh my GOSH! How awful! Dreams are meant to tell us something, I believe. When I was pregnant with my first child I had repetitive dreams that it would be a boy. Even with 3 ultrasounds (done by 2 different doctors) saying it was a girl. I believed the ultrasounds and had QUITE a suprise when HE was born! :eek: I said "Its a WHAT????":laugh:

But I had dreamed it all along.

It is what it is, Oaktown, I agree. She is suffering???don't give a crap, think how much suffering the 15 month old endured.....so sad and lonely, such a waste of a little angel life. Alone, scared, hot, screaming, crying, totally abandoned...I can't even imagine.

The father who left the 5 year old at home - that I could see, to a degree. But this mother - no way. Murder it is. Everyone knows you don't even leave pets in the car on a sunny day. An infant, in the car, for 9 hours - no earthly way.

I've got some sympathy, especially since I know how tough it can be to make ends meet - and the federal programs don't generally pay enough for childcare - my mom used one for us, and she still had to pay plenty out of pocket. And it didn't take much for us to be earning too much to qualify for help, while still earning really not enough to keep afloat! But then you bring the kid in, call in sick, even try to get a nearby semi-responsible child to watch the kid. You don't kill the kid - which is what she really did choose.

From June 2007:

http://savannahnow.com/stories/062707/180510143.shtml#.Vfb-V7T8FWY

A 36-year-old North Augusta mother was sentenced to 20 years in prison after locking her toddler son in a car for nine hours in April 2006, leading to his death from heat stroke.

Karla Edwards pleaded guilty Tuesday to a charge of homicide by child abuse, but she offered no answers when asked why she left her 15-month-old son, Zachary Frison, in her car while she was at work.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back