Found Deceased SD - Angela Armstrong, 45, Sioux Falls, 3 June 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is there any chance someone could ask them when they last pinged her phone? And also, up to how many miles from the tower is the phone located??
When, and for how long, the pings occurred and lasted would be good info. But honestly, there is probably a good likelihood that the phone was discarded and isn't anywhere near Angie or her car. So while it seems like one of the best things we have to look for, even if it's found, it may not provide the answers we want. Not that I don't feel like it's worth searching for. The realist in me though has examined some of that area where it has been said to have last pinged and there is a LOT of long grass, rural, native, wetland type of area in that small location where it would be difficult to find something as small as a phone. Access to her phone records could provide big clues, but I also *really* wish we could get info on her vehicle OnStar/GPS information. Lack of access to her phone records or vehicle location could be the roadblock that prevents us from ever knowing where Angie is or what might have happened to her.

Is there any chance someone could ask them when they last pinged her phone? And also, up to how many miles from the tower is the phone located??

I have seen people asking for similiar info but that info isn't be shared. My guess is that the family is being asked to share limited info by LE.

They would likely only have a trangulation of where the phone was when it last connected to that tower. I think is that is why they just told the public which tower it was. Not sure on how far away it could be, maybe someone with more knowledge on how all that works will respond here.

I don't know the timeframe of the last ping but my understanding is that they had that info early on since the family shared they had a general idea of the last ping on the Missing page within a few days and stated they had been searching in that area.

I would assume LE is getting phone records and all that. Maybe once they learn more, we will get more info.

All MOO

His sentencing date was 6/3/2020 - yes, you read that correctly, I said 6/3/2020! - when he received 5 yr and 1 yr terms. There is a note listed there referencing "Suspended" but, since his status is listed as "Active Inmate" & not something like released or paroled, it leads me to think only a portion of the sentence was suspended and that he was likely incarcerated when Angela disappeared.

Not necessarily...if he had court that day and was sentenced, he might have not been in custody earlier in the day before his court appearance IMO

I'm a little confused on the date she was last seen with this "midnight" thing...was it:

June 3rd at 12:01 am,
June 3rd at 11:59 pm, or
June 4th at 12:01 am?

It could mean the difference of 24 hours.

She was seen since June the 3rd. So last say 23.50 pm on the 3rd. Which is around midnight.

The Sioux Falls PD tweeted about her for the first time on June the 4th, 22.47 pm.

I'm a little confused on the date she was last seen with this "midnight" thing...was it:

June 3rd at 12:01 am,
June 3rd at 11:59 pm, or
June 4th at 12:01 am?

It could mean the difference of 24 hours.

They’re saying she disappeared between the hours of 12:00-1:00am on Wednesday, June 3rd. And her mother notified LE around 5:30pm that she was missing.

BUT then some girl who seems to have ties to the family posted in one the groups about a 911 call that took place like an hour before she went missing. Well, that 911 call was on JUNE 4TH. So maybe she did disappear on June 4th?? I have no idea. It sure would be nice to know. Especially if she did go missing on June 3rd and her ex wasn’t locked up.

Not necessarily...if he had court that day and was sentenced, he might have not been in custody earlier in the day before his court appearance IMO
Yeah There's some confusion about whether she went missing early on Wednesday morning between midnight & 1AM, or if she was last seen on Wednesday and went missing that evening (Thurs morning) between midnight & 1AM Thur. So if Angie did go missing early Wednesday morning, and if CJE (the Ex) had bonded out after being booked into the Minnehaha County Jail on the 5/28, then he could be a suspect. But if Angie went missing Thurs morning, that's after what's listed on the SD DOC website as being CJE's sentencing date. (Offender Locator :: SD Dept of Corrections) So, assuming he was present in court for that at the time, I'd think he'd have been taken into custody at that time and wouldn't have been able to interact with Angie after midnight on the morning of the 4th. So that timing of her disappearance is pretty important. As are some of those other details about whether or not he bonded out after his initial booking, and if he did, whether or not he was present and immediately taken into custody after that sentencing date on 6/3.

Yeah There's some confusion about whether she went missing early on Wednesday morning between midnight & 1AM, or if she was last seen on Wednesday and went missing that evening (Thurs morning) between midnight & 1AM Thur. So if Angie did go missing early Wednesday morning, and if CJE (the Ex) had bonded out after being booked into the Minnehaha County Jail on the 5/28, then he could be a suspect. But if Angie went missing Thurs morning, that's after what's listed on the SD DOC website as being CJE's sentencing date. (Offender Locator :: SD Dept of Corrections) So, assuming he was present in court for that at the time, I'd think he'd have been taken into custody at that time and wouldn't have been able to interact with Angie after midnight on the morning of the 4th. So that timing of her disappearance is pretty important. As are some of those other details about whether or not he bonded out after his initial booking, and if he did, whether or not he was present and immediately taken into custody after that sentencing date on 6/3.

Yes very confusing!

I found a couple instances of family and friends who have said "late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning"

It is with broken hearts that we share with you today that Angie Armstrong, mother, daughter and friend was found deceased. She was full of love, hope and life. She was our treasure. As we honor her memory and all of the joy that she brought to us, we want to thank you for your love, support and encouragement as we made our way through the last few weeks.

In honor of Angie, we ask you to share love and kindness with those near you. Let's make this world a better place in her honor.

Missing Angela Armstrong

Townhomes and apts. in the area. This is very near where here phone last pinged as well.
She lived at the complex located in that 5800 range of addresses. Crazy to think that she was that close by the whole time. I'd sometimes driven thru other apartment complexes and thought how you could hide a car in an unused garage by simply knowing that it was unused, parking the car there, & closing the door. It likely wouldn't be found until the unit was rented again. Now I'm wondering if someone else put her and the car there, or if Angie was upset and went there for whatever reason on her own.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back