GUILTY SD - Briella, 4 mos, died, mother passed out drunk, boyfriend smoked meth, Sioux Falls, 1 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
UPDATE: Mother now in custody in connection to infant's death

Sioux Falls Police have arrested the mother of a four-month-old who died on Wednesday. Authorities took 22-year-old Angelia Berg into custody shortly after 5 p.m. on Friday. Investigators say she was passed out drunk leading up to the baby girl's death. She faces charges of child abuse, contributing to abuse and knowing a child is around meth.
upload_2018-8-4_1-56-57.jpeg
According to court papers, on Wednesday, police arrested Daniel Uecker for meth possession. He's allegedly tied to this case as he was Berg's boyfriend.

This isn't the first time Berg's been in trouble. We also did a background check. She pleaded guilty to drug charges last September. In May, a judge sentenced her to two years probation.

Berg Charges

Sioux Falls woman wanted in death of four-month-old child

A friend of the mother says that the home was unfit for a child and called both the Department of Social Services and Sioux Falls police.

Officer Sam Clemens told me how they handle welfare checks and how difficult it can be to track someone down who doesn't have a permanent home.

"Well, we get a lot of welfare checks to start," he said.

A friend of Angelia Berg believes Sioux Falls Police and Social Services failed the four-month-old baby.

Sioux Falls Police talk about welfare checks after infant death

Here are 4 of her FBs.

https://www.facebook.com/mikaeyla.berg.74?lst=696239605:100006753721701:1533353147

https://www.facebook.com/Berg.4079

Savannah King

Mikaeyla Gabriella

Witnesses say that they saw an officer perform CPR on the four-month-old baby in the street, outside the home and that the baby's face was purple at the time.

The same person says once the ambulance pulled away with the baby inside an investigator entered the home.

A person we spoke to earlier said she had been inside this home before and saw cockroaches running around.

They say that people have made multiple calls in recent months to the Department of Social Services about the situation.

more found at: Witnesses react to infant death investigation in central Sioux Falls

Also lots of interesting comments on our local media on their FB pages about this:
Argus911 This is an offshoot of our local newspaper site where they share current events and stories from the paper.

ETA: Got the link to work.
Court Papers Give New Details on Infant's Death

Here is another:
Arrest Warrant Issued In Connection With Infant Death

What's up with all the different names?

I know, just crazy!

My guess based on some local things posted is so people couldn't find her on FB and see what she was up to.

I have some some mutual acquaintances of the baby's (Briella) dad. I am not sure if he is bio dad but as far as I know is listed on the birth certificate and considered himself her dad. Based on his posts that have been shared and local info, it sounds like he was trying to get custody of Briella and had been trying to keep her away from Angelia. Multiple calls to DSS, Angelia's probation officer, police, maternal grandparents and such warning them about meth use, the boyfriend, and conditions of the house. Others also called DSS and the police based on the above new stories that I shared.

Supposedly, DSS told dad he had no right to keep his daughter from his Angelia. Dad also found out via the news about what happened. Dad is trying to talk to the news so there will probably be an interview with him at some point.

Briella was so cute. I don't have a photo since they are all on private FB posts but there are photos of her on one of Angelia's FaceBooks I shared above.

Such a heartbreaking situation :(

Angelia spelled Briella - Brielia.... just wanted to know the correct spelling.

Any court dates yet?

Just looked for Mineehaha County - must pay $2 if you want to search.... !!

Last edited:
A Sioux Falls woman charged with child abuse after her 4-month-old daughter was found dead last week was given a $25,000 cash-only bond on Monday.

Angelia Mikeayla-Gabriel Berg, 22, sobbed as Judge Sara Pokela addressed her in a Minnehaha County courtroom on Monday afternoon.

Mother gets $25,000 bond in child abuse case

Per the artclie, she is scheduled to have a preliminary hearing in 15 days.

Also, the autopsy showed cause of death to be undetermined but police are waiting on further tests to be done that could help with cause of death.

Mother gets $25,000 bond in child abuse case

Per the artclie, she is scheduled to have a preliminary hearing in 15 days.

Also, the autopsy showed cause of death to be undetermined but police are waiting on further tests to be done that could help with cause of death.

re 15 days - so she appeared on the 6th - so 21st? or do they count Saturdays & Sundays?

re 15 days - so she appeared on the 6th - so 21st? or do they count Saturdays & Sundays?

Sorry for not replying sooner. We had no internet for almost 2 days and had to limit data usage so was on here.
Once they post more info, I will update you. I am not positive on how the day countings go but I saw someone else replied.

Tuesday, August 21st:
*Prelim Hearing – SD – Briella (4 mos) (August 1, 2018) – Angelia Mikeayla-Gabriel Berg (22) “mom” arrested & charged (8/3/18) with child abuse, contributing to child abuse & knowing a child was around meth. Was passed out drunk leading up to baby’s death. Is on 2 years probation for drug charges in Sept., 2017. $25K cash only bond.
*Daniel Uecker () arrested & charged (8/2/18) for meth possession.
8/6/18 Update: Had 1st appearance before Judge. Bail set at $25k cash only, prelim hearing in 15 days (8/21).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back