ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know nothing about why she was placed there or her state of mind, and certainly not enough to cast blame on the facility.
I will say this much. I keep seeing her as 5 or 6, and I have to keep reminding myself that she is 9. 9-year-olds can cover a lot of ground in a surprisingly short amount of time. The only thing that would have slowed her down was the weather, but that's a BIG factor, obviously. Under normal circumstances, an athletic 9-year-old can walk quite far. Certainly farther than a mile.

I wonder if she tripped & injured herself & succumbed to the elements.
Horrible.
I don’t see her making plans to escape.
I’m wondering about the couple cutting wood. Did they not think it odd to see a little girl w/o winter attire?

Simply horrible. I can’t believe she could get so far, so fast, to not be found.
This facility needs to be out of biz, imo.
I cant find one negative review on this place, granted I haven't looked since she went missing so who knows what "surfaced" but seems this home has done very good with helping children and families. one tragedy shouldn't shut someplace down. these aren't average school kids

Maybe she was impulsed by the other child who ran and decided to go for a run as well. when she got outside and was like OMG BRRRR, she ran back inside and hid because she didn't want to get into trouble! I know, I know, this is the longest shot ever but hey, it's my hope that she is warm and safe and just scared about getting into trouble

I cant find one negative review on this place, granted I haven't looked since she went missing so who knows what "surfaced" but seems this home has done very good with helping children and families. one tragedy shouldn't shut someplace down. these aren't average school kids
The facility is one of the oldest nonprofits in the state and seems to do pretty amazing work. The temp when she ran was 41, the only way I can see them being negligent was maybe not forcing her to wear a coat, but it still wouldn’t have kept her alive this long.

ETA: jumping off your post and agreeing with you!

One incident is one too many, imo.

Search for missing 9-year-old South Dakota girl turns into recovery effort | Daily Mail Online

9477462-6671273-image-m-7_1549478952811.jpg

Maybe she was impulsed by the other child who ran and decided to go for a run as well. when she got outside and was like OMG BRRRR, she ran back inside and hid because she didn't want to get into trouble! I know, I know, this is the longest shot ever but hey, it's my hope that she is warm and safe and just scared about getting into trouble
This had occurred to me as well, but it has been too long. She would have been found by now, I would think, unless she is really good at hiding and sneaking food. But I would think that one of the first things they did was go over every square inch of the facility.

Specially-Trained Dogs Being Brought In To Search For Serenity Dennard
KELOLAND's Sarah McDonald interviewed Pennington County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Willie Whelchel about the search and recovery of Serenity Dennard.

Whelchel said the winter weather in the Black Hills is slowing down the search efforts on Wednesday.

(See video in the article for the interview with the Chief Deputy)

The facility is one of the oldest nonprofits in the state and seems to do pretty amazing work. The temp when she ran was 41, the only way I can see them being negligent was maybe not forcing her to wear a coat, but it still wouldn’t have kept her alive this long.

ETA: jumping off your post and agreeing with you!
They were inside the gym, to which would not require a coat.

It breaks my heart to see others blaming the workers there, when they did everything right. I guess one has to work in such an environment for at least a year to understand how difficult some of these children/teens/adults can be. Not all are runners, not all are violent, but for those that fall into one or both categories- it can be very challenging daily and very unpredictable. Sometimes they are triggered, other times, they are not. Again, until the workers are blamed by LE, people need to understand that right now, their hearts are breaking right now and are devastated along with everyone else. Blaming them is not helping find this poor child.

This had occurred to me as well, but it has been too long. She would have been found by now, I would think, unless she is really good at hiding and sneaking food. But I would think that one of the first things they did was go over every square inch of the facility.
Not to mention, all of the food is locked up securely along with utensils, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova