Search Warrant Sought Items From Anthony Home Dec. 20th

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey Sweetwater, it took me forever to post my other post......I'm getting too old and slow,,,,,,,,,,,anyway, if we chalk it up to absurdity and confusion what made them rush to get the trash bag from the towing company dumpster and KC's cell phone that night?

Did they retrieve her cell out of courtesy or was it confiscated that night? Do we know?

By the time I get this post done you guys will probably on the the sentencing stage....Please wait for me!!!!!!!!!!

At that stage the "Crime" was not yet defined.
It was a "missing child" inquiry. No doubt the cops were rapidly changing their minds, but I imagine they would normally be on their way to an Amber alert, rather thn taping off the grieving parents car?

Furious parents recovered stolen car.
I've always wondered why Cindy tried to report the car as stolen? To distance herself from the disturbing evidence of a decomposing body in a car registered in her name?:waitasec:

At that stage the "Crime" was not yet defined.
It was a "missing child" inquiry. No doubt the cops were rapidly changing their minds, but I imagine they would normally be on their way to an Amber alert, rather thn taping off the grieving parents car?

Was there an Amber Alert ever called on this case?

No Amber Alert because of 31 Days. It did not meet the other criteria required for an AA either.

Hey Sweetwater, it took me forever to post my other post......I'm getting too old and slow,,,,,,,,,,,anyway, if we chalk it up to absurdity and confusion what made them rush to get the trash bag from the towing company dumpster and KC's cell phone that night?

Did they retrieve her cell out of courtesy or was it confiscated that night? Do we know?

By the time I get this post done you guys will probably on the the sentencing stage....Please wait for me!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, Scorp. Sorry. I meant to create a context for the absurdly confused and convoluted series of stories and locations that Casey offered up as the Detectives drove through the streets with her that night. Of course they were on top of details.
I've got to go back and read Yuri's and others reports, it's been how long now? 6 months. Jeez. Seriously Searching is much clearer about this right now than I am. I recall that George told them about the trash bag, that clearly had to be fished out of the dumpster pronto. The cell phone that was controversially retrieved by Lee was turned over to LE that night, around 2-3 AM, I believe.

There could be several reasons why LE did not smell the car immediately. I believe Lee said they conducted much of the interviews in their own vehicles for one. I don't think the smell was permeating the house at the time and LE would not have been free to wander around the home at that point without a SW.

In most missing person/abduction cases, the crime scene would have been where the person was last seen. In this case, it was supposed to be at Sawgrass Apartments which is where they took Casey to begin the investigation. The other officers were in the living room with Cindy except when Lee was there and the officer stepped out allowing Cindy to steal Amy's money from Casey's wallet.
yeah but the smell was reported in the 911 call. They didn't have to notice it, Cindy herself reported it. I kind of think they would think since there was a missing baby and the car smelled like a dead body they should have a look see.
I am sure there is a logical explanation, but imo if the car smell was so bad that everyone should have known exactly what it was , then it should have been top priority to seal off that car and make sure no one even scratches the trunk.:)

missing person+decomp smell called into LE in car child last seen in=big trouble

No Amber Alert because of 31 Days. It did not meet the other criteria required for an AA either.

There were never any kidnapping charges filed, either, were there? I think that's important, here. None of the A's ever went so far as to formally file a kidnapping report, did they? They just talked it up, right?

yeah but the smell was reported in the 911 call. They didn't have to notice it, Cindy herself reported it. I kind of think they would think since there was a missing baby and the car smelled like a dead body they should have a look see.
I am sure there is a logical explanation, but imo if the car smell was so bad that everyone should have known exactly what it was , then it should have been top priority to seal off that car and make sure no one even scratches the trunk.:)

missing person+decomp smell called into LE in car child last seen in=big trouble

I'll go check the timeline again. I think it must be a SW and arrest issue.
From the bond hearing, referring to the car at the home:
"The smell I smelled was that of decomposition," Melich told the judge.

I'll got check the timeline again. I think it must be a SW and arrest issue.
From the bond hearing, referring to the car at the home:
"The smell I smelled was that of decomposition," Melich told the judge.

I don't doubt it, but my question is, if they smelled strong decomp why would they let anyone even remotely close to that car? Maybe they didn't, I just don;t know that at this point. Didn't they drop KC off at home and then come back and arrest her?
Did they look in the trunk at that time does anyone know?

There were never any kidnapping charges filed, either, were there? I think that's important, here. None of the A's ever went so far as to formally file a kidnapping report, did they? They just talked it up, right?

I think they called the police and told them a child was kidnapped. what else would they do? That is filing a kidnapping report.

I think they called the police and told them a child was kidnapped. what else would they do? That is filing a kidnapping report.

No, they didn't file a kidnapping report. Cindy didn't say Caylee was kidnapped, JBean. And I'm positive, when G&C met with the FBI, they never formally filed a kidnapping report. There was never any evidence of a kidnapping and when George and Cindy met with the FBI, they couldn't file one. Casey never filed one. If your child had been kidnapped, and you or in this case, your offspring was being held and investigated for murder, wouldn't one of you file a report? Unless, of course, that would get you into the territory of lying to a federal officer, falsely reporting a federal crime....
About the car, I agree, it's disturbing not knowing what all went on, who was there on duty, what all went on while the car was sitting there, the washing machine running, the trash being dumped, ....
I just re read Yuri's initial report. He was called in at 12:45 AM the night of the 16th. Yes, Casey got to go home after the first go round, which is when, according to Yuri's report, George told LE that something was very wrong, car smell,... Casey lying, etc.
This has always bothered me, too.

George voluntarily allowed LE to take the car, no search warrant was required.

Oh, sigh.
The Detective/s were out driving around Orlando with Casey, then did their report and then went back for the car. The Anthonys had friends, relationships with various LE, according to Lee he went to school with one of the officers there on the night of the 16th. Surely C&G did, too, given his work history. It's my impression that there were some communication issues that may have gotten in the way of smooth operations that night, too.
I don't think LE had any idea of brutality that had befallen Caylee, much less the depths of the depravity that was about to engulf them, and all of us. :mad:

Yet people believe that Cindy and George were supposed to immediately conclude that Casey murdered Caylee simply because of the smell. I just don't get it.

Yet people believe that Cindy and George were supposed to immediately conclude that Casey murdered Caylee simply because of the smell. I just don't get it.

With all due respect Chilly, I think some people are inclined to believe that Cindy may have thought Caylee was already dead because of Cindy's own words in the 911 calls..."my grand daughter is missing...... we found my daughter's car and it smells like there's been a damn dead body in it." What would make Cindy say that? Did she REALLY think it smelled like a dead body, or was it just a figure of speech because it stunk so bad?

No, they didn't file a kidnapping report. Cindy didn't say Caylee was kidnapped, JBean. And I'm positive, when G&C met with the FBI, they never formally filed a kidnapping report. There was never any evidence of a kidnapping and when George and Cindy met with the FBI, they couldn't file one. Casey never filed one. If your child had been kidnapped, and you or in this case, your offspring was being held and investigated for murder, wouldn't one of you file a report? Unless, of course, that would get you into the territory of lying to a federal officer, falsely reporting a federal crime....
About the car, I agree, it's disturbing not knowing what all went on, who was there on duty, what all went on while the car was sitting there, the washing machine running, the trash being dumped, ....
I just re read Yuri's initial report. He was called in at 12:45 AM the night of the 16th. Yes, Casey got to go home after the first go round, which is when, according to Yuri's report, George told LE that something was very wrong, car smell,... Casey lying, etc.
This has always bothered me, too.
I don't know what you mean? How do you file a kidnapping report? I thought when you called the police and told them your daughter was missing because someone took her that was filing a kidnapping report? I am not following you.

then that decomp smell must not have been so awful.

Lee sure said it was awful! He was talking about the stink being unbearable and coming off the car in waves. Lee had a hard time staying in the garage.

With all due respect Chilly, I think some people are inclined to believe that Cindy may have thought Caylee was already dead because of Cindy's own words in the 911 calls..."my grand daughter is missing...... we found my daughter's car and it smells like there's been a damn dead body in it." What would make Cindy say that? Did she REALLY think it smelled like a dead body, or was it just a figure of speech because it stunk so bad?

Yep, Gypsy, and the fact that Amy says Cindy told her she had to find Casey or the police may have to get involved. INVOLVED OVER WHAT AT THAT POINT? Seriously. At that point she called Amy all that was the problem was a stinky car and she had not spoken to Caylee but she claims she had no idea anything was WRONG. Cindy does not tell LE that at that point she knew anything was seriously wrong. You can't have it both ways, can you? Telling people on the side that essentially, "We have to find Casey or the police might have to get involved." But then claiming that until Casey said someone took her that was when there was a real problem. I want to know "Which is it?"

That is just one of the more compelling facts! But don't ignore the MOUNTAIN OF FACTS that they could have noticed! I don't think anyone here on WS is looking at one "fact" and making a conclusion but instead are looking at a whole series of facts that lead obviously and inevitably to the likelihood that Casey murdered Caylee.

I won't bore you with laying them out...

:)

was it ever documented whether or not they taped off the car or restricted access to it between the late hours of the 15th and 19:46 on the 16th? This time lag of taking the car has always bothered me. But if they sealed the car off on the 15th and just did not impound it until the evening of the 16th it would make a bit more sense.

I'm just now getting around to reading through the threads today...so, DITTO this JBean. I thought of this also. Does anyone have the answer to this? I'm telling ya, while I do believe LE did a great job, I'm more inclined to believe that they didn't do it to the best of their ability. I think it'll come out in trial. If KC is guilty, which I think she is based on her actions alone, then I hope she gets whatever she has coming to her. It would be alot easier to find guilt in a case like this years ago, but in todays day & time, we live in a scientific and technically advanced soceity that almost always comes back to haunt us. I'm still trying to get around the fact that LE didn't make sure the clothes GA & KC described Caylee was wearing weren't actually in her closet/dresser. IMO, that's shoddy police work and leaves a loophole in and of itself. Something else that's bothered me, the knife that CA gave to LE...do we know if they just took that one knife that she handed over...or did LE take all of them? One would think they'd need all of them to forensically test just in case CA gave them the wrong one. Peace be with you Caylee. I hope you see from heaven the difference you made in this world with bringing all of us together.

Something else that's bothered me, the knife that CA gave to LE...do we know if they just took that one knife that she handed over...or did LE take all of them? One would think they'd need all of them to forensically test just in case CA gave them the wrong one.

OCSO has the one knife because CA gave it to them. There are numerous search warrants in this case, but none of them seek knives or silverware from the home. OCSO has never been interested in any knives other than the one CA gave them from the car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann
Back