Search Warrant Sought Items From Anthony Home Dec. 20th

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
GA thought "Caylee" first when he smelled the decomp because the car had been in the lot for 16 days and CA had talked to KC during these 16 days, but no one had talked to Caylee.

While I don't think they sealed it off, this is during the time they did have officers at the home while they were taking Casey all over creation following up on her fantasy tales. The only people with access would have been the A fam and LE. (With limited access for the A fam, imo.)

Yuri discussed the time lapse with the car with Cindy who had said it was days and Yuri refreshed her memory that it was less than 24 hours, IIRC.

The discussion was about the items given to LE at the start of the case, including the hairbrush and the pants. It was questioned whether the A's were cooperative at THAT time. Obviously, they were.

Oh, please.
Context is everything.
And so is duplicity.

I'm asking this because I don't really know: Assuming GA did recognize the odor of a dead body and did think that the car could have contained a dead body... could he have imagined that the dead body could have been KC? Did he have any specific reason to fear a dead Caylee instead of a dead Casey?

Well, let's see. How about the fact that they talked to/ Casey virtually everyday, or exchanged texts, she and her brother had mutual friends, she was running around using the credit card, but she could never quite get it together to bring Caylee by to visit, sleep, eat, or get some clothes,...:eek:
Has anyone seen the text messages from Cindy to Casey? I haven't.

While I don't think they sealed it off, this is during the time they did have officers at the home while they were taking Casey all over creation following up on her fantasy tales. The only people with access would have been the A fam and LE. (With limited access for the A fam, imo.)

Yuri discussed the time lapse with the car with Cindy who had said it was days and Yuri refreshed her memory that it was less than 24 hours, IIRC.

I don' think we ever thought it was more than 24 hours and in reality it was probably half that.I think LE left in the wee hours of the 16th didn't they? But IMO, if they really felt strongly about that decomp smell they would not have let anyone touch that car.
Imagine any crime scene being left available even for a few hours with access by the potential perpetrator's family. Kind of weird imo. UNLESS they did seal it off and not let anyone near it and the impounding just meant actually hauling it off. IIRC, GA and CA offered the car up with no hesitation and the search warrant was just a formality.

was it ever documented whether or not they taped off the car or restricted access to it between the late hours of the 15th and 19:46 on the 16th? This time lag of taking the car has always bothered me. But if they sealed the car off on the 15th and just did not impound it until the evening of the 16th it would make a bit more sense.

This is the first time I realized they didn't impound or rope off the car until late on the 16th, they were sure fast in retrieving the trash bag from the towing companies dumpster and KC's cell phone from AL's.

In LA's transcript he stated that he went to Tony's to retrieve KC's phone, when he arrived was informed that LE had already been there and done that and AL gave LA the laptop and other stuff.

LE went and retrieved the trash bag and phone in the middle of the night and did not secure the vehicle that had a horrible smell described as a "dead body" as part of their investigation.

Why was the car not impounded at least the morning of the 16th? If LE was so sure where their instincts and noses followed them, this one was right under their noses. Does anyone know if there is any video of the vehicle being at the home all night and day without being disturbed? :confused:

Using that same logic, I would think the detectives who went to the Anthony home on the night of the 16th would have also recognized the smell and would have impounded the car on the spot, yet they didn't.

Oh, sigh.
The Detective/s were out driving around Orlando with Casey, then did their report and then went back for the car. The Anthonys had friends, relationships with various LE, according to Lee he went to school with one of the officers there on the night of the 16th. Surely C&G did, too, given his work history. It's my impression that there were some communication issues that may have gotten in the way of smooth operations that night, too.
I don't think LE had any idea of brutality that had befallen Caylee, much less the depths of the depravity that was about to engulf them, and all of us. :mad:

I would have to go check on what Yuri said about who was with the car and the situation, but they did not have a legal right to seal the car until they had the SW, imo. However, who was there besides LE and the A fam? I don't recall anyone else being at the house until they arrested Casey.

The car did not move because George had disabled the car by taking out the battery.

This is the first time I realized they didn't impound or rope off the car until late on the 16th, they were sure fast in retrieving the trash bag from the towing companies dumpster and KC's cell phone from AL's.

In LA's transcript he stated that he went to Tony's to retrieve KC's phone, when he arrived was informed that LE had already been there and done that and AL gave LA the laptop and other stuff.

LE went and retrieved the trash bag and phone in the middle of the night and did not secure the vehicle that had a horrible smell described as a "dead body" as part of their investigation.

Why was the car not impounded at least the morning of the 15th? If LE was so sure where their instincts and noses followed them, this one was right under their noses. Does anyone know if there is any video of the vehicle being at the home all night and day without being disturbed? :confused:
This bothered many of us at the beginning of the case. the police officers walked into the Anthony house immediately after or during the phone call where Cindy was telling the 911 operator that the car smelled like a dead body.She was pretty animated at the time so I doubt she forgot to mention it to them. One would think that the potential for the car to be the crime scene would have been huge and that car would have been off limits for anyone to even look at. Now even though they were there on a missing persons call, LE would certainly think missing person+decomp smell=bad situation.

I would have to go check on what Yuri said about who was with the car and the situation, but they did not have a legal right to seal the car until they had the SW, imo. However, who was there besides LE and the A fam? I don't recall anyone else being at the house until they arrested Casey.

The car did not move because George had disabled the car by taking out the battery.

SS when there is a murder how do they seal off the crime scene? IMO, the car could have easily been the crime scene and CA and GA offered the car IIRC.

No one should have any kind of access to that car. hopefully they didn't but i just don't know.

SS when there is a murder how do they seal off the crime scene? IMO, the car could have easily been the crime scene and CA and GA offered the car IIRC.

No one should have any kind of access to that car. hopefully they didn't but i just don't know.
At that stage the "Crime" was not yet defined.
It was a "missing child" inquiry. No doubt the cops were rapidly changing their minds, but I imagine they would normally be on their way to an Amber alert, rather thn taping off the grieving parents car?

Right on, SS. I over abbreviated my thoughts and recollections.
No one else was there until LE showed up, and then it appears that there were more than a few officers present and milling around for quite some time, if not until Casey was formally arrested which was, after all, the following day. I need to go back and read Yuri's report.

At that stage the "Crime" was not yet defined.
It was a "missing child" inquiry. No doubt the cops were rapidly changing their minds, but I imagine they would normally be on their way to an Amber alert, rather thn taping off the grieving parents car?
then that decomp smell must not have been so awful.

Why was the car not impounded at least the morning of the 15th? If LE was so sure where their instincts and noses followed them, this one was right under their noses. Does anyone know if there is any video of the vehicle being at the home all night and day without being disturbed? :confused:
(bold above by me)

Something that's been bothering me for a while is that the intensity of this horrible smell seems to vary.

If it was so bad ALL the time it seems that there would be more consistently documented discussion of it. CA on 911 call says terrible. Tow truck driver doesn't notice. GA finds trash and then disregards. LE leaves car hanging around overnight. For that matter the car was driven around, and then abandoned for some period of time without remark by any chance passersby.

Odors are a very subjective thing. We had a neighbor who moved because the people in the apt. upstairs cooked curries, and they couldn't stand it. I happen to like curry just fine, but OUR upstairs neighbor likes fried fish, and sometimes that's an issue for wifey and me.

We all know how many things in this case have managed to get blown up all out of proportion to reason. I wonder if the issue of the odor may not be similarly overworked.

Please understand, I'm not suggesting that the subject be discounted entirely.

Just curious about the car being put in the garage of the A's home on the 15th...If the smell was of a "dead body" (which I have no idea how that smells) is so bad that no one could stand it, why park it in the garage? Just asking...

We live in the country (many acres) and believe me we know when a cow, horse, dog, bird has died not only the smell but the vultures........I could not imagine parking a vehicle near my front door if it smelled that bad. At the least in their neighborhood (to be respectful of the neighbors) I would've parked it at the end of my driveway so the smell would not linger into my house. Believe me after a day walking our place and if one of us steps in a fresh pile of it, they wash their shoes/boots at the fawcett and shoes are left in the tree to dry so the dogs do not get them.

I could never understand why they parked the vehicle in the garage w/ all the doors open, people coming in and out of the house and....that is where LA and KC had a talk and LA finally decided he couldn't stand the smell. Did the LE not get the Clue?

I so agree. This car thing bothered me a lot in the beginning, but I just chalked it off to the confusion and absurdity of what LE had to unravel those first hours of their involvement. On a timeline, it's not that bad, contrary to Cindy's spin. :eek: George was a security guard and talking a good story, I imagine, so the car was left sitting in a reasonably secure place. Maybe Yuri had that on his list of things to deal with as he wandered around Orlando with Casey, listening to her Bs, until he charged her and went for the car.

Darn it, JB. You jumped my post while I was typing.

Are you using that fancy disco globe to steal our thoughts?

I guess I'm going to have to get the foil helmet back out.

Originally Posted by JBean

There could be several reasons why LE did not smell the car immediately. I believe Lee said they conducted much of the interviews in their own vehicles for one. I don't think the smell was permeating the house at the time and LE would not have been free to wander around the home at that point without a SW.

In most missing person/abduction cases, the crime scene would have been where the person was last seen. In this case, it was supposed to be at Sawgrass Apartments which is where they took Casey to begin the investigation. The other officers were in the living room with Cindy except when Lee was there and the officer stepped out allowing Cindy to steal Amy's money from Casey's wallet.

Bolded by me. I agree with this completely and I'm not one of those A bashing people in a general sense. I feel very sorry for them and have them in my daily prayers. But still, Caylee is the focus...which is why we're all here.

Caylee was brutally murdered. Justice for Caylee requires those interested in advocating for her, to hold those most directly entrusted with her safety to account for their words and actions. Cindy waited hours to call LE, and then first reported grand theft, her car and money being stolen, even after other reasonable people had encouraged her to call LE.

There could be several reasons why LE did not smell the car immediately. I believe Lee said they conducted much of the interviews in their own vehicles for one. I don't think the smell was permeating the house at the time and LE would not have been free to wander around the home at that point without a SW.

In most missing person/abduction cases, the crime scene would have been where the person was last seen. In this case, it was supposed to be at Sawgrass Apartments which is where they took Casey to begin the investigation. The other officers were in the living room with Cindy except when Lee was there and the officer stepped out allowing Cindy to steal Amy's money from Casey's wallet.

:star1::eek:nline:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliviamadyy
Back