Search

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Those photos were taken at a time of year when the creek is at its fastest/highest point. When they were searching last year and even when Deorr went missing the creek's volume would have been noticeably less.

I'm not so sure about that. My experience is the creeks don't slow down until later in the summer. It's may be a little less but these pictures were take a month (and few days) prior to the 1 year anniversary of DeOrr's disappearance. In this part of Idaho water tends to run high through July.

Didn't it take about 8 weeks for an official statement from LE after the first set of evidence was sent to FBI for analysis? I am just speculating as to what kind of a time frame we can imagine hearing something, if there is any news.

I'm not so sure about that. My experience is the creeks don't slow down until later in the summer. It's may be a little less but these pictures were take a month (and few days) prior to the 1 year anniversary of DeOrr's disappearance. In this part of Idaho water tends to run high through July.

Have you had a chance to visit the site since you live in Idaho?

Have you had a chance to visit the site since you live in Idaho?

I don't live in that area any longer. I moved away when I retired from my job.

We used to have a camp in a similar area, east of Leadore and there was a creek that ran through the camp. We spent weekends there from Easter through Elk season and the creeks did not slow down until late summer - early fall. Idaho has a huge white water rafting industry and rivers run high and they have more difficult rapids to deal with from spring thaw to late July. In addition to spring run off (melting snow) there is the irrigation factor. While Timber Creek may not be used directly for irrigation (and I honestly don't if it is or isn't) most bodies of water are affected by irrigation needs when tend to be higher during the summer months, June, July, & August.

Those photos were taken at a time of year when the creek is at its fastest/highest point. When they were searching last year and even when Deorr went missing the creek's volume would have been noticeably less.

I agree. Some of the early threads if I recall had discussions from the searchers or LE that indicated the water was so low in the creek that you could easily search the creek to see if he was in there. I havent weant back to review the early threads but I remember the discussions and the searchers had no problem determining he was not in the water. They searched down the creek quite a ways.

They of course could have missed him but LE became confident he was not in the creeks water after they had finished their searching.

I think we even had photos at the time but not sure if those were from search photos or not.

This creek is a little different than other creeks in that I believe it is a spillway creek that is fed by the upstream lake. The lake has a earth dam on it and since the campground is not too far downstream then there is not a lot of chance for the creek to swell unless there was lots of rain or if the lake above had water rushing over the dam. I don't think any of that was the case at the time he went missing.

July 10-June 10.

11 month anniversary of little DeOrr being missing. Where ARE you little one?

I agree. Some of the early threads if I recall had discussions from the searchers or LE that indicated the water was so low in the creek that you could easily search the creek to see if he was in there. I havent weant back to review the early threads but I remember the discussions and the searchers had no problem determining he was not in the water. They searched down the creek quite a ways.

They of course could have missed him but LE became confident he was not in the creeks water after they had finished their searching.

I think we even had photos at the time but not sure if those were from search photos or not.

This creek is a little different than other creeks in that I believe it is a spillway creek that is fed by the upstream lake. The lake has a earth dam on it and since the campground is not too far downstream then there is not a lot of chance for the creek to swell unless there was lots of rain or if the lake above had water rushing over the dam. I don't think any of that was the case at the time he went missing.

I went back to the first thread. In post #27 there is a comment saying a man just came from that area and there are fast moving creeks that wined through to campground. This is not verbatim but I'm not sure if it is against the TOS to cut and paste a comment from a closed thread.

Also in the first few pages of thread #1 it indicates LE states they were confident DeOrr was not in the creek after only two days of searching it. To be honest I didn't go much further and really have no desire to read through all those posts in all those threads.

I went back to the first thread. In post #27 there is a comment saying a man just came from that area and there are fast moving creeks that wined through to campground. This is not verbatim but I'm not sure if it is against the TOS to cut and paste a comment from a closed thread.

Also in the first few pages of thread #1 it indicates LE states they were confident DeOrr was not in the creek after only two days of searching it. To be honest I didn't go much further and really have no desire to read through all those posts in all those threads.

Do you think two days was not long enough?

[video=youtube;qvZbH7NSadA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvZbH7NSadA[/video]

Watch this video. Shallow and not very fast moving IMO. Plus they said as they searched they were just starting to remove debris from the creek. If you look when Nate Easton is talking about the hill down to the creek, there's a large tree that goes across the creek. I imagine there were many "blockages" of that nature throughout the creek, which is probably one of the reasons why they were able to rule out that he went into the creek. It wasn't just that there was no sign of him in the creek, it was that his body would not have been able to make it past some of these blockages IMO.

Do you think two days was not long enough?

Not really

[video=youtube;qvZbH7NSadA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvZbH7NSadA[/video]

Watch this video. Shallow and not very fast moving IMO. Plus they said as they searched they were just starting to remove debris from the creek. If you look when Nate Easton is talking about the hill down to the creek, there's a large tree that goes across the creek. I imagine there were many "blockages" of that nature throughout the creek, which is probably one of the reasons why they were able to rule out that he went into the creek. It wasn't just that there was no sign of him in the creek, it was that his body would not have been able to make it past some of these blockages IMO.

And in the most recent video posted on this thread it clearly shows he creek moving more swiftly in places.

<modsnip>

Stop the bickering and personalizing in this thread. You all know what happens if it continues ... and we don't want THAT to happen.

Post accordingly.

:tyou:

I apologize. I was on my phone and in trying to be brief, I wound up being rude. I'm sorry.

Not really

And in the most recent video posted on this thread it clearly shows he creek moving more swiftly in places.

<modsnip>

And it's moving more swiftly because, as I previously stated, there is way more snowfall melting at that time as compared to July. The video I showed with Nate Easton was taken days after the disappearance, so I'm gonna go by that.

Hi everyone! FWIW, Just thought I'd chime in on the creek. Like many of us, when he first went missing "he's in the water" was my initial reaction. I looked at maps and videos and every photo I could find of the creek and came to the conclusion that there is no way he could be in the creek. At the time he went missing it was very shallow, with the deepest spots being about knee deep. (as shown in the photo Raymonde posted above.) There was so much debris in the water that his little body could not be washed downstream. The searchers thoroughly checked any of the deeper holes and under all the rocks and fallen branches in the area. If he had fallen into the creek and drowned he would have been found right away, unless somebody moved him.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sodapop99
Back