Searching for Anna - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed....We are here for the duration!

I have been in and out of the hospital for the last two weeks and will continue to be for the next few weeks, but I am checking in when I can and researching when I can.

We remain here for Anna and her family.

I am in for the long haul too, still searching daily on adoption sites or just anything I can think of to help bring Anna home. Wonderful news about the national media, this could break the case. I was on vacation last week with grandchildren and couldn't wait to get home to see if any news of Anna. God bless each one who is trying so hard to find a resolutiion. I really believe we will find her with God's help. Keep praying and searching!

I think a solid next step might be for us to put together a "press kit" with the basic case information, pictures of Anna at 5 and the age progression photos and areas we are exploring. More information then we have listed on the missing person web sites and less than reading the entire forum or the book.

The purposes of the press kit would be to get more publicity and to push information out where we might get our next lead. For example, it is time to push information out to numerlogy groups and any group/church that is linked to the Kabalarians. I really think we are going to have to push hard to get this information pushed to Canada and into the hands of people who had insight into the Kabalarians. In addition to trying for newspaper, magazine and TV publicity we need to push to any crime bloggers and online discussion groups that could help.

I'd also like to encourage Anna's brothers to consider hypnosis to get more information on the lady in the car. I'd be willing to attempt a fundraiser if money is the holdup.

Lastly, without the book in front of me I can't remember the town I think it Bakersfield that Anna's mom dreamed out but I hope that someone who is skilled with searching will look for that town or names that are close in Canada.

Canada keeps coming back to me because it is an easy and forgiving boarder and the link to the Kabalarians. If Anna is remembering parts of her childhood, it is possible is she was raised in Canada that she is looking in Canada. The woods, mountains -- the rural area.

Long haul hear we come.

HeartofTexas said:
Doogie, I agree... we're in this for the long haul.

Your news re possible national TV exposure is very exciting. I will keep my fingers crossed that this develops into something very positive.

In the meantime, my silence on Anna's forum means either (1) I am busy with real life, (2) I'm looking for Anna on some of the many adopted forums but haven't found anything, so there's nothing to report, or (3) I'm recuperating from the very sad letdown that Anthony Giordano was not George Brody.
What HOT said.....we are in for the duration here.....you know if you all need anything done, PM or email me.......

Same as HOT..... if you don't see me posting, I'm searching, or researching, or dealing with my 2 boys, or work, or life in general, but Anna and her family are ALWAYS on my mind!

Great suggestions, Rideforfun.

One quick comment: Annasmom and I have discussed the possibilty of accepting donations for various expenses and a possible reward fund and it is Annasmom's opinion that she finds the idea of soliciting funds in Anna's name "abborhent". We recognize the good-hearted generousity of offers such as yours (and others) and appreciate the spirit that those offers represent, but we also never want to be in a position of defending against a charge of being in this "for the money" (not by anyone here, but as media exposure grows, the pool of potential critics also grows).

The few out-of-pocket expenses that have occured in the search for Anna have been covered by myself or family members. Joe Ford made an exceptionally generous donation that reimbursed me for my expenses, and other family members have expressed their desire to help however they can financially, so money will not keep us from persuing any potential leads (within reason).

So, Rideforfun, I sincerely thank you for your offer, but must respectfully decline. Your interest, your research suggestions and your encouragement is all we can gladly accept. Thanks!

I thank you all for your words of encouragement and dedication during this lull in progress on Anna's case.

At the risk of sounding "new-agey", there appears as if some cosmic dark cloud has been passing over the regulars here - nothing horrible, but distractions that have kept us preoccupied. Last week, my car was broken down for several days. The day I finally was able to repair the car, my air conditioner on my home broke. And this weekend, I am remodeling my bathroom. I can hardly wait to come to work so I can finally get some sleep.

We should probably look back over several items that got shuffled aside as "more promising" leads came up that turned out to be duds. I recieved an email from a poster concering a different boxer that was mention right before we focused on Bobby Wolgast - upon second look, it seems like someone we should research further. (I'll have to review the posts to bump that info forward for everyone to take a look at.)

rideforfun said:
I think a solid next step might be for us to put together a "press kit" with the basic case information, pictures of Anna at 5 and the age progression photos and areas we are exploring. More information then we have listed on the missing person web sites and less than reading the entire forum or the book.

The purposes of the press kit would be to get more publicity and to push information out where we might get our next lead. For example, it is time to push information out to numerlogy groups and any group/church that is linked to the Kabalarians. I really think we are going to have to push hard to get this information pushed to Canada and into the hands of people who had insight into the Kabalarians. In addition to trying for newspaper, magazine and TV publicity we need to push to any crime bloggers and online discussion groups that could help.

If Annasmom agrees, I think that pictures of the family members at the age that Anna woud remember them, should be included in the "press kit". Also maybe pictures of the house and property, animals etc that might exist. Sometimes you only get one shot in the media. And since part of the idea is to try to reach out to Anna, to jog her memory so to speak, they should include things that might be familiar to Anna.

How about sending a copy of Annasmom's book to 48 hours mystery?
I think Anna's story would fit into there show.

mjak

Dr. Doogie said:
Great suggestions, Rideforfun.

One quick comment: Annasmom and I have discussed the possibilty of accepting donations for various expenses and a possible reward fund and it is Annasmom's opinion that she finds the idea of soliciting funds in Anna's name "abborhent". We recognize the good-hearted generousity of offers such as yours (and others) and appreciate the spirit that those offers represent, but we also never want to be in a position of defending against a charge of being in this "for the money" (not by anyone here, but as media exposure grows, the pool of potential critics also grows).

The few out-of-pocket expenses that have occured in the search for Anna have been covered by myself or family members. Joe Ford made an exceptionally generous donation that reimbursed me for my expenses, and other family members have expressed their desire to help however they can financially, so money will not keep us from persuing any potential leads (within reason).

So, Rideforfun, I sincerely thank you for your offer, but must respectfully decline. Your interest, your research suggestions and your encouragement is all we can gladly accept. Thanks!
Doogie, I am sure you are like family to Annasmom and Joe. Your dedication and commitment are to be commended.:clap: I understand the decision not to accept private donations but I read that the Carol Sund Foundation will put up reward money and I think Polly's foundation does too.

Anna deserves every resource available and it's only the mean-spirited, uninvolved people that would dare insinuate there was any intent to get money for any other purpose than to find Anna.

itsreenw said:
I understand the decision not to accept private donations but I read that the Carol Sund Foundation will put up reward money and I think Polly's foundation does too.
I would have to discuss it with Annasmom (she should be available sometime this week), but establishing a reward fund through an bona fide missing person's organization seems to me to be an acceptable possibility. I know that Annasmom has had communication with Marc Klass (though he has his own organization and is no longer affiliated with the Polly Klass Foundation), but I do not know the nature of their relationship. And the Carol Sund Foundation is located in the SF Bay Area, so they might be interested in Anna's case from a local standpoint.

itsreenw said:
Anna deserves every resource available and it's only the mean-spirited, uninvolved people that would dare insinuate there was any intent to get money for any other purpose than to find Anna.
The strongest defense against those "mean-spirited, uninvolved people" is for us to stay as pure as possible in our finances. We are already open for scrutiny since Annasmom's book will be sold as a "for profit" publication (eventually), but the proceeds will be used to further the search. No one has ever suggested anything other than benevolent motives in our actions, but we want to keep it that way.

mjak said:
How about sending a copy of Annasmom's book to 48 hours mystery?
I think Anna's story would fit into there show.

mjak
Yep, I agree.

Very interesting site on the Kabalarians. I read through it quickly and we need to know more. They offer name analysis and I think we need to run Anna's name before and after the change. Dr. Doogie -- can you do the requests because you fill in birthdate, nick names, and some other stuff and I don't want to make any mistakes. The Kabalarians believe that your name creates your pattern of thinking -- you are your name. A balanced name is your only hope for a successful life. Without a balanced name the odds are just too stacked against you. They are also big into seasons and cycles. If we get a deeper understanding of the problems of Anna's name before the change and what the analysis looked like after the change we will understand more about the thinking. My new thinking (hey, I didn't even get a name change) is that maybe Brody was not happy because after getting the name change he didn't have faith that the new name would be used -- that Anna's mom couldn't be trusted to see it carried out. Then, if he matched the need to give Anna a different home to a favorable cycle it might explain the unlikely day (i.e. if the math adds up you are going to be successful and you don't worry about the weather) and the attempt a month before. (try, fail and wait for the math to come right again before another attempt) Couldn't find any quick reading on the cycle thing but it will all be a math formula. I suggest we study the site, run the name anaylsis and then Doogie makes contact and explain we need their help. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't help -- we have someone who was very involved in their beliefs and we need their help to locate Anna and understand the meaning behind the missing date (if any). If we could determine the date of the first attempt and it would match the math of the missing date I think we would know that Brody was involved. If we find a math significance on the missing date that isn't as good as matching the previous attempt and the missing date but it is still really strong. After learning more,we will need the Kabalarian society to post Anna's information in their newsletters and help us find people who might remember Brody. I think we can do all that by coming at it from a partnership point of view -- we respect their beliefs and appreciate their help and make sure we never suggest that the organization would have supported Brody in taking Anna. Since you aren't open to the fundraiser deal I'd like to pay for the name analysis. Can you provide me an address to reimburse you. I think it is going to be good information and to run the names both ways we are talking $70 I think. I don't want to break any websleuth rules about money so give me some guidance on how I can contribute without breaking any rules. The Kabalarians seem committed to a balanced and positive life -- think what a positive thing they will be doing when they help us find Anna. Also important is in this name analysis they describe your personality and the sort of things you should do for a career and I even saw hints of what might interest you. If Anna was raised with the Kabalarian beliefs and had reinforced what things she should like and do that will give us other areas to look. We know she should be gifted in art and music -- this might help us see what interests would be reinforced. On the site you can put in your first name and get a quick analysis and then you get a pitch for the full deal.

I hope others will believe this is a good path to explore. I can see Brody having successful converted George to this thinking taking the next step and wanting Anna raised in the Kabalarian environment and making some money for himself along the way. We might even want to get someone from the Kabalairan society to look at that Brody note and see if any of those names ring any bells in that specialized world.

rideforfun said:
Very interesting site on the Kabalarians. I read through it quickly and we need to know more. They offer name analysis and I think we need to run Anna's name before and after the change. Dr. Doogie -- can you do the requests because you fill in birthdate, nick names, and some other stuff and I don't want to make any mistakes.

It would also be interesting to find out if the name "George Brody" does, in fact, add up to 27 in the Kabalarian numerology system. Perhaps GB used an unknown middle name, or his real name, or something other than the obvious.

Annasunc said:
It would also be interesting to find out if the name "George Brody" does, in fact, add up to 27 in the Kabalarian numerology system. Perhaps GB used an unknown middle name, or his real name, or something other than the obvious.
Good point...I have been trying to find a free number thingermabob, and I can't find one, you have to pay for all the name reports I have found so far.....now, you can do the first name, but not middle or last w/o paying....still searching....I'll let y'all know if I find one.

BTW, this stuff scares me...all the numerology stuff, gives me the willies. I get a bad feeling in my spirit when I visit these sites. If that makes any sense.

christine2448 said:
Good point...I have been trying to find a free number thingermabob, and I can't find one, you have to pay for all the name reports I have found so far.....now, you can do the first name, but not middle or last w/o paying....still searching....I'll let y'all know if I find one.

BTW, this stuff scares me...all the numerology stuff, gives me the willies. I get a bad feeling in my spirit when I visit these sites. If that makes any sense.

The group purports to be "a registered non-profit Canadian charity," so maybe they would donate their services. However, approaching them would be a bit tricky, and certain relevant information should be withheld that may affect their determining the right (or wrong) "magic number" (if they were/are involved in an ongoing conspiracy, paying for the information instead may not make a difference). I noticed they have a forum (http://www.kabalarians.com/forum/default.asp) but most threads need a password to enter; it doesn't appear that a fee needs to be paid to register to use the forum. Anyone feel like developing a strategy?

P.S. Oops, rideforfun already did that in post #314.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro