Searching for Anna - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask DrDoogie if it would be alright to email the news article to our email contacts and he said it would be fine. This would be a great way to get the story out to different states. Now, my problem is that I can't get into the site. Has it been taken down? If someone has saved it and can email it to me I will get it sent to my out of state contacts. Please just pm me and I will give you my email address and we can get started getting the word out this way....thanks

kyresearcher said:
I ask DrDoogie if it would be alright to email the news article to our email contacts and he said it would be fine. This would be a great way to get the story out to different states. Now, my problem is that I can't get into the site. Has it been taken down? If someone has saved it and can email it to me I will get it sent to my out of state contacts. Please just pm me and I will give you my email address and we can get started getting the word out this way....thanks
http://hmbreview.com/articles/2006/09/20/news/local_news/story02.txt

This link is still working fine for me. Is it working for you?

Annasmom said:
Definitely the right hand, Gina.
Thanks, Annasmom! I figure handedness isn't something that's likely to change over time. I think it is ingrained in us. My mom told me that when I was very young, she would hand me a toy or a spoon, and I always reached with my left hand.

i went to google and i went into language tools and put in the name from the link and didn german to english this is what it gave me For Mischu but id also get some other responses as the language tool is not always accurate

I think the word you mean is für, meaning "for". Mischu might be a name or nickname. For some reason, I want to say that is a German-Jewish nickname.

A relative of mine sent this notice of something she saw on television--last night, I believe. Does anyone know the case she's talking about, or the particulars? She writes:
"Yesterday I saw a show that I felt may be about Anna. The sheriff was trying to find the relatives of the body of a little girl he had found in 1978 here in NY not far from where I live. I know it is very painful for you, but if you would like to talk about this, I am eager to speak to you about it."

Annasmom, can you tell me what town it was? I am looking through the TV guide but I need to know what area of NY it was shown in.

I didn't see anything in the Doe Network but I am still looking

itsreenw said:
Annasmom, can you tell me what town it was? I am looking through the TV guide but I need to know what area of NY it was shown in.

I didn't see anything in the Doe Network but I am still looking
The last address I have for this aunt is Salamanca, N. Y. Her area code is 716, if that's any help. (Obviously we are not in very frequent communication; I was really surprised to hear from her.)

Thanks, that helps. The body was found close to that city??

I wonder if she had the year off and meant 1979.

"Cali" as this Jane Doe is called by some.

www.doenetwork.us/cases/1ufny.html

I will keep looking also for somebody from 1978. I looked up her area code and only found that it appears near the Canadian border. I don't know where Livingston County is (where the above Jane Doe was found).

itsreenw said:
Thanks, that helps. The body was found close to that city??
She said "not far from where I live." It's a little late to call the east coast tonight, but I can call her tomorrow if you think there's anything to this story. I was just assuming that it was a story on network television, which probably means they've already been through available channels to try to identify the girl.

Annasmom said:
She said "not far from where I live." It's a little late to call the east coast tonight, but I can call her tomorrow if you think there's anything to this story. I was just assuming that it was a story on network television, which probably means they've already been through available channels to try to identify the girl.
I searched the NY TV Guide listings for regular cable and the dish network, satellite, etc.. from 5pm to 11pm and none of the listings were about a little girl's remains being found.

Now I am looking through news archives.

I just finished reading Searching for Anna. I am only 6 months older than Anna but seeing her pics while reading about her daily life and all that we were innocently discovering about the world in 1973 made me want to hold her so tight and make her safe at home again.

I was humming the tune to "Brandy, you're a fine girl" as I reread the posts from WS that are in the manuscript. I can remember those days so clearly. Listening to Dr. Don on KFRC, the Bay Area's pop radio station back then. I remember coming home from school to a snack and hot cocoa and warm clothes and of course my mom's smile on rainy days.(Rest her soul-I miss her so much)

Annasmom, if she is on this Earth. please know that she remembers those days just like I do. She knows you are somewhere in this world, we just have to find her.

After reading the manuscript, my suspicion of Craig Barrick has only deepened. I don't care how good of a friend he has been over the years. He was the last person to see Anna alive and I found it peculiar that when Annasmom started screaming for Anna, he didn't immediately head in the direction he said he saw her in and seemed to have hesitated to mention that he saw her on his way in.

I don't recall if it was ever answered but I previously asked the question if Joe was expecting Craig that afternoon or if he just popped up. I know they got off work early that day but I'm curious to know if they agreed at the end of work that Craig would come by that afternoon. We established that he liked the neighbor but according to previous posts, he and Joe worked together but were not exceptionally close so I don't see it appropriate that he just drop in unless the neighbor girl expected him.

His story just doesn't jive. Especially all the after thoughts, he stopped to pet horses (in bad weather??). I wish LE would've checked for tire tracks where he said he pulled over to pet these horses. I think it's a crock. Then he recalled seeing the white panel van. As paranoid and mysterious as G&G were it's unlikely that they would wave at a stranger after abducting Anna. Could he have been hired by the 2 Georges to take Anna?? Was he trying to deflect guilt onto them to take any suspicion off himself?

Or as in one of the dreams that were mentioned. could his wife have been the woman that "wanted another daughter"? Through research, Doogie and I determined that he was getting a divorce at that time and had a daughter close to Anna's age. Odd that he never mentioned her, or did he and I just didnt read about that?

Another thing that I found confusing was the bootprints. When the 2 set of boot prints leading to the creek were found, the neighbor (Suzanne?) mentioned that she and Anna had once jokingly traded boots. ONCE traded boots??? How long prior to that day did that take place? Why would she think that was relevant? Was she saying that those may have been she and Anna's prints from a time prior? The boots were size 4, right? And found to be another childs?

Call me skeptical but we can't leave any stones unturned. Even if it is offensive to some.

How acquainted did Craig and Suzanne become in the months after Anna disappeared. I am wondering if the first failed attempt to take her (the couple in the Chevy) prompted the Georges to pay someone to take her. Someone that could get close to the family and Anna would be familiar with. Not accusing, just thinking out of the box.

If Craig was going to pay child support/alimony after his pending divorce, and work was limited to the weather conditions, money may have been enticing. Never say never. Anything and anyone is subject to scrutiny until we find Anna. I'll apologize later.

itsreenw said:
After reading the manuscript, my suspicion of Craig Barrick has only deepened. I don't care how good of a friend he has been over the years. He was the last person to see Anna alive and I found it peculiar that when Annasmom started screaming for Anna, he didn't immediately head in the direction he said he saw her in and seemed to have hesitated to mention that he saw her on his way in.

Another thing that I found confusing was the bootprints. When the 2 set of boot prints leading to the creek were found, the neighbor (Suzanne?) mentioned that she and Anna had once jokingly traded boots. ONCE traded boots??? How long prior to that day did that take place? Why would she think that was relevant? Was she saying that those may have been she and Anna's prints from a time prior? The boots were size 4, right? And found to be another childs?
Craig was inside the house when I discovered that Anna had disappeared, and he did indeed immediately begin searching for her with Suzanne. When sheriff's deputies found footprints near the creek, they at first thought they were Anna's, but Suzanne said she thought they were hers, since she and Craig had just been there, searching. Her boots and Anna's were the same size, she said; they had jokingly exchanged boots before. Craig was a very casual workmate, and people did often just drop in, where we lived. As Doogie has said, there is no indication that Craig was involved. He has remained in this area ever since 1973. He was questioned by LE at that time, and his statement about the horses and the men in the van was in response to their questioning.
I hope this has answered some of your questions; if not, ask more. I'm here.

annasmom you posted something about a relative of yours contacting you about a a little girl or someone they found somewhere did they find the person in ny or california? do they have any more info on the person other than what u were told?

smile22 said:
annasmom you posted something about a relative of yours contacting you about a a little girl or someone they found somewhere did they find the person in ny or california? do they have any more info on the person other than what u were told?
I'm trying to get more information on this right now, and I'll post whatever I find out later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member