Searching for Anna - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
smile22 said:
annasmom you posted something about a relative of yours contacting you about a a little girl or someone they found somewhere did they find the person in ny or california? do they have any more info on the person other than what u were told?
I just got the particulars of this broadcast from my aunt in Livingston County, New York. The report was on Fox News at 10:50 P.M. eastern time Friday, and the reporter was Greta Van Sustern, (spelling?) in a segment called "On the Record". The reporter was interviewing a detective (we don't have his name.) Someone on WebSleuths may be able to pin this down from the time of the broadcast. The thing which so startled my aunt was that the picture of the girl (she didn't know how the picture was constructed) looked like me, Annasmom. She said the young girl's body was found in that county 28 years ago, but pollen tests were done on her clothing and that the pollen was only found in southern California and a few places in Arizona. The pollen tests were done by a scientist at Texas A & M who trained in England and who specializes in this type of research. Apparently the girl was about 13 when found, which would make her too old for Anna in 1978 or 1979. The photograph showed a girl with an oval face, bangs, and long curly hair. The detective said he had searched all over the United States, in Europe, Mexico and Canada, trying to find the girl's identity. Does this ring any bells?

Annasmom said:
I just got the particulars of this broadcast from my aunt in Livingston County, New York. The report was on Fox News at 10:50 P.M. eastern time Friday, and the reporter was Greta Van Sustern, (spelling?) in a segment called "On the Record". The reporter was interviewing a detective (we don't have his name.) Someone on WebSleuths may be able to pin this down from the time of the broadcast. The thing which so startled my aunt was that the picture of the girl (she didn't know how the picture was constructed) looked like me, Annasmom. She said the young girl's body was found in that county 28 years ago, but pollen tests were done on her clothing and that the pollen was only found in southern California and a few places in Arizona. The pollen tests were done by a scientist at Texas A & M who trained in England and who specializes in this type of research. Apparently the girl was about 13 when found, which would make her too old for Anna in 1978 or 1979. The photograph showed a girl with an oval face, bangs, and long curly hair. The detective said he had searched all over the United States, in Europe, Mexico and Canada, trying to find the girl's identity. Does this ring any bells?
I think that we have a thread on her here. I'll look fir it.

As long as we are examining UID's, there is a case that has bothered me for some time. I originally dismissed it because there were two bodies discovered that LE assumed were siblings, but recent DNA testing showed that the two were not related. Here is the link to the NCMEC site: http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=400033&orgPrefix=NCMU&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US The estimated age of the female is 14 years old in 1979, which again would be too old for Anna (who would have been 12), but not so far off to dismiss this outright. The two most likely scenarios are that Anna was abducted and is alive today, or that she was taken and murdered almost immediately. The least likely scenario would be that Anna was taken and kept alive for a period of years, only to be murdered at a later date. This would need to be the scenario for this UID to be Anna. However, Willits in Mendecino County is just a few hours away from HMB, as compared to upstate New York with the other UID. This would certainly be more plausible, but any location is possible over the course of six years.

There are two threads dedicated to these unidentifieds on Websleuths:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40071&highlight=willits

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22420&highlight=willits

I assume that a forensic anthropologist would be pretty accurate about the ages of all these poor children.
They often are, but they've also been known to be off by a decent number of years. The older someone is, the harder it is to pinpoint. I think even in this case, where they suspect she is around 13-14, they gave a leeway of about 7 years.

This is the one that I was referrring to above.

Does anybody out there have the ability to run a credit check for activity on a Social Security Number? If so, please email me at the address below. Thanks!

I have sent an email to Gerry Nance of the NCMEC to see what procedure is required to get a DNA sample from Annasmom for comparison to the various Jane Does that are possible matches for Anna. I believe the possibilty of these JD's being Anna is slim, yet we would be remiss if we did not look into them. I will keep you posted on what I hear back from the NCMEC.

Has anyone contacted WA state DMV to see if they have archived records of vehicles registered in 1973? Annasbro gave a great description of the plate and type of car he recalled seeing.

itsreenw said:
Has anyone contacted WA state DMV to see if they have archived records of vehicles registered in 1973? Annasbro gave a great description of the plate and type of car he recalled seeing.
No, I believe that we have too wide of a search parameter as of now to try and match up a car with a person. If we get something to narrow this down, we can follow up on that idea. (In other words, if we got a list of every owner of a late 1960's green American sedan in Washington, it would contain thousands of enteries. If we had a name, we could see if that person had a car matching that description in 1973. Does that make sense?)

Dr. Doogie said:
I have sent an email to Gerry Nance of the NCMEC to see what procedure is required to get a DNA sample from Annasmom for comparison to the various Jane Does that are possible matches for Anna. ...I will keep you posted on what I hear back from the NCMEC.
I heard back from Gerry Nance and he said that the local San Mateo County Sheriffs should be the ones to collect the sample. I am waiting to hear back from the detective assigned Anna's case on other items of interest - I will push him to arrange for a test when he contacts me.

Dr. Doogie said:
No, I believe that we have too wide of a search parameter as of now to try and match up a car with a person. If we get something to narrow this down, we can follow up on that idea. (In other words, if we got a list of every owner of a late 1960's green American sedan in Washington, it would contain thousands of enteries. If we had a name, we could see if that person had a car matching that description in 1973. Does that make sense?)
Yup, makes perfect sense. I just thought we could check for familiar last names but you are right. Where would we even start??

Dr. Doogie said:
I heard back from Gerry Nance and he said that the local San Mateo County Sheriffs should be the ones to collect the sample. I am waiting to hear back from the detective assigned Anna's case on other items of interest - I will push him to arrange for a test when he contacts me.
DrDoogie, when the detective contacts you will you ask him if there is anyway to contact the phone company in Seattle, Wa. to see who the phone # was assigned to that was found in GW wallet? I know a supeona can be issued through the court system to obtain that info, if it is still avaliable, and feel like that the sheriff would also be able to obtain that info, since it pretains to a missing child.
I have searched every site that I can find but haven't found anything yet. If there is anyone from Seattle,Wa. posting here, will you please call your local phone company and see what proceedure we need to go through to get this info.

Dr. Doogie,
Are there any updates to the lead you had, regarding the young lady who claimed she spoke to Anna who was taken by a 'childless' couple? I aplogize if I missed it already.

ttfn
tuitsweet

I have to say that this girl really looks like Anna. Click Here.

It was mentioned before but i think it is worth another look and certainly some DNA analisis. Many blonde children do not stay super blonde after the age of 8-9. Just a thought

tuitsweet said:
Dr. Doogie,
Are there any updates to the lead you had, regarding the young lady who claimed she spoke to Anna who was taken by a 'childless' couple? I aplogize if I missed it already.

ttfn
tuitsweet
Not yet, beyond the evidence that her testimony may not be factual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oh_silly_me