Searching for Anna - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those questions were flying fast and furious at that lady. Also, when asked about Anna's picture, no one explained to her who it was and why they were asking. I think that poor lady was confused and thought it was the same girl in the pic taken from Synanon...

Dr. Doogie said:
A woman who was at Synanon during the timeframe that Anna disappeared is currently posting on the Rose L. Cole thread. Posters asked her if she recognized a picture of Anna and she said yes. When showed the picture of the young girl having her hair dried, she stated that she knew this girl and her parents - that she was born in Synanon (so she could not be Anna. What I am not clear on is is the girl in the picture the same girl who she identified when shown the picture of Anna, or could they be two different girls and one of them could still be Anna? The mystery intensifies...

She also stated that she did not recognize the names George Waters or George Brody. This is not a deal killer because the connection between Waters and Synanon could also have occured at the alcoholism clinic that Waters was working at (i.e. he may have worked with Synanon people but never set foot in a Synanon site).

MagicRose99 said:
Those questions were flying fast and furious at that lady. Also, when asked about Anna's picture, no one explained to her who it was and why they were asking. I think that poor lady was confused and thought it was the same girl in the pic taken from Synanon...
Magic,

Yes, the questions were flying pretty fast however if you will notice in Post #433 I told her that some of us hear at WS's think the 2 little girls in the pictures could be the same person and also provided her with a link to Anna's thread. HoT also explained that to her in one of her posts.

MagicRose, when I posted my question to Julie, I only used the picture from Synanon of the girl whose hair was being dried... and I did mention we were wondering if it could be a girl who was abducted named Anna Waters. While things were moving incredibly fast on that thread, every attempt was made to ask questions in a clear-cut and precise manner.

Shadow, Julie was back posting on Rose's thread first thing this morning, so you might want to re-address your questions to her when you have time. Perhaps she can answer more specifically about when she first met the little girl and what her age was at the time.

Dr. Doogie said:
(mome) = MONY (Mutual of New York)
ACE = Anna Christian Eifee
B=Beneficiary
L=Lawyers / Lloyd's (of London) / ? (still unclear)
I do not think that "L's" has anything to do with lawyers or Lloyd's of London. I think we all agree that the note refers to a plan to obtain insurance, most likely through MONY, with a scheme to change beneficiaries after increasing the dollar payout. I find it illogical to think that they would need to consult with a lawyer to obtain insurance, or wait for any "arrangements" with a separate insurance company like Lloyds of London before applying for insurance through MONY. Does Lloyd's of London even do the type of accidental death insurance that GW and GB seemed so fond of?

The term "final arrangements" and the date "Jan 1973" occuring in close proximity seems very damning to me. "Final arrangements" implies a plan separate from the plan outlined in this note. I think it's logical to assume that "Ls" may stand for someone's last name, perhaps the couple in the car and that "final arrangements" could very well refer to Anna's kidnapping.

natasha-cupcake said:
I do not think that "L's" has anything to do with lawyers or Lloyd's of London. I think we all agree that the note refers to a plan to obtain insurance, most likely through MONY, with a scheme to change beneficiaries after increasing the dollar payout. I find it illogical to think that they would need to consult with a lawyer to obtain insurance, or wait for any "arrangements" with a separate insurance company like Lloyds of London before applying for insurance through MONY.
Point well taken.

natasha-cupcake said:
Does Lloyd's of London even do the type of accidental death insurance that GW and GB seemed so fond of?
Evidently it did. I have a letter from Waters to Brody mentioning the type of insurance and policy numbers.

natasha-cupcake said:
The term "final arrangements" and the date "Jan 1973" occuring in close proximity seems very damning to me. "Final arrangements" implies a plan separate from the plan outlined in this note. I think it's logical to assume that "Ls" may stand for someone's last name, perhaps the couple in the car and that "final arrangements" could very well refer to Anna's kidnapping.
Since they had done similar transactions with obtaining insurance and listing Brody as the beneficiary prior to this note, the "final arrangements" for something to happen January 1973 is something distinct from all of their other insurance purchases. Based on hindsight, it had to have been Anna's disappearance. If "L's" were "Lawyers", it may relate to some sort of a black-market adoption or some other shady legal manuever involved with Anna's abduction. "L's" may also relate to someone's last name.

Sorry to seem illogical about the "L" being for lawyer(s) but in the field I had worked in, it was not to me...I thought of it in regards as finding loopholes or whatever in obtaining the insurance, how long to wait for someone to be declared dead after missing, info on changing the beneficiary or setting up their wills to each other, etc.

SherlockJr said:
Someone suggested earlier that we start an e-mail chain & attaching Annas picture to the e-mail. I really believe it's worth a shot! Note in the e-mail believed to be living at Synanon.
Sherlock, I think with the lack of media coverage back in 1973, this would be a great way to get the story out now. I email to different states where they probably haven't heard of Anna Waters, so I do think this would be a good idea.........

The people at The Lineup on the Fox News might be interested. They run all sorts of stories, from cold cases to current events. With the ammount of twists this story has, I have a good feeling they will run with this story.

sorta ot but kinda relates to this case i just reccently joined an aviation web board and posted a question about children in the 70s who were kidnaped and them getting through customs of some sort to be in another country they said back then the chance were proably greater than now with all the hightened security. if anyone wants me to post anything related to missing persons that involves airplanes or out of country stuff let me know

Thanks to the hard work of SherlockJr, we now have a name for the girl in the Synanon picture. Because of privacy issues and WS TOS's, that name will remain confidential for now. A few of our crack researchers are looking into what we can find out about her and her family. They have found some anomalies in the public records about this girl, but those may be paperwork issues, not evidence of suspicious activity. We will let you know what they find.

I PM'd my info to Sherlock earlier today. What I find disputes what Sherlock found, but I'm not certain I'm the last word on this stuff. I very much appreciate those details being kept off of WS and thank you for doing that.

MONY/AXA replied to my email-here it is:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please advise full date of birth for George Waters and his last four
digits
of his social security number. Once I receive that information, I will
pass it along to the person who may be able to help you out.
If you need further assistance, please contact us again and we will be
happy to assist you.

Sincerely,
Michelle Bishop

Dr. Doogie, can you please contact Michelle Bishop at service@axaonline.com and provide her with the info she is requesting. I know you already have enough to do but if they want to speak with someone I'd rather you take over from here.

itsreenw said:
Dr. Doogie, can you please contact Michelle Bishop at service@axaonline.com and provide her with the info she is requesting. I know you already have enough to do but if they want to speak with someone I'd rather you take over from here.
Thanks, Itsreenw, for hunting this down. I will send it off this weekend.

Has anyone in the family requested the original police file of the investigation?This may have a lot of useful info to put together with what has been discovered here. The original case file must be available to the immediate family at this point in time.

Speaking from personal experience, I had to request the file on a very old murder investigation numerous times before I actually received the copies of the huge file instead of the one sheet initial police report.

I received the following email today from Jerry Nance at the NCMEC:

Doug,

I have forwarded the pictures to the forensic artist. The first picture of Anna is a bit off in the plane of reference needed for a comparison.
If you rotate the features around for more than just a few degrees,
everything will be off.

I have hopes for something out of the second picture, specifically, that
he can work with the ears. That is one of the best guides we have when
dealing with kids, since the features mature as they grow.

Thanks for the additional information, give my best to (Annasmom) and I
will let know what they find out. Jerry Nance

My reply to Jerry Nance:

Dear Mr. Nance:

Thank you for forwarding the photos to the proper department. I will examine theother pictures that we have of Anna and see if any of them show the same angle and the picture of the two girls. This may be of help to your forensic artists. I will forward those pictures shortly.

The picture of the two girls is dated "about 1975". They are a picture of two children who were being raised in Synanon in Oakland, CA. As you may be aware, Synanon started out as an innovative drug treatment program, but by the 1970's had declared itself a religion and had become, by most definitions, a "cult". In addition to drug abusers, there were many members who were "lifestylers" (people who had no drug problem, but chose to live within the seclusion that Synanon offered. Most of the children in Synanon were the offspring of these lifestylers.

It has been suggested by members of Websleuths.com that Anna could have been placed in Synanon by her birthfather for safekeeping. While no evidence exists that Dr. Waters was a member of Synanon, he was employed at an alcoholism clinic in San Francisco at a time when Synanon-educated drug and alcohol counselors were a major force in the local treatment community, so the odds are in favor of the fact that he knew several members. The hypothesis is that he convinced members to abduct Anna and raise her within the confines of their church.

At first, I was not convinced, but I now am more open to this possibility. The younger girl in the picture does seem to look like Anna to this untrained eye. A former member of Synanon said that she recognized a picture of Anna as one of the children who was at the facility (however, she identified her by two different possible names, both of which can be traced by birth records to not being Anna). Her memories are undoubtedly murky with the passing of thirty years, but a possible sighting of Anna is certainly worth us following up on.

I anxiously await the NCMEC's analysis. Thank you, as always, for your work and dedication.

(Dr. Doogie)

Jerry Nance also apologised the delay in his response. His assistant, a very nice woman by the name of Stacie Dotson, has been ill for several months and as a result, he has been falling behind in his busy work load.

Stacie has been very helpful as a resource at the NCMEC for us. I would ask that, if you are prone to this sort of thing, please keep Stacie in your thoughts and prayers.

I received a second email from Jerry Nance this afternoon asking for detailed information concerning GW and GB and the possible Synanon connection. I answered his questions, but also suggested that he visit this forum for a more detailed listing of what we have all been accomplishing here.

I am grateful for this followup by him - his input and expertise will be extremely helpful in furthering the search!

It's not been dismissed and they are looking at it seriously, so that is good news. BTW, excellent letters Dr. D.

I received an message from Annasmom this morning that the phone lines were down for the entire Half Moon Bay area, so she may not be able to visit the forum for a few days. A landslide took out a fiber optic line and has blocked the east/west route to HMB. This is on top of a landslide from a few weeks ago that has closed the north/south route. This means that the only current means to leave HMB is to travel south many miles, then cut across the Coastal Mountain range on one lane dirt/gravel roads. Aahh...now I remember why I moved from Half Moon Bay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444