Sent to the White's

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been a long time lurker here, but a first time poster.

The Ramsey's agreeing to send BR away after the "kidnapping" has always struck me as so very off. I do understand that the R household was chaotic and filled with people, many of whom hadn't any need to be there. Unless LE enforcement cautioned the Rs that BR's safety was at risk by staying at the house, I don't see the need for BR not to stay with his parents. Especially if there was small foreign faction targeting that family. Also BR was a vital witness, as one of the four people inside the house at the time of the crime.

I can see it both ways. It was a tense situation for everybody there, and nobody has the time to tend to the needs of a young boy. No parent wants their child to see them break down or lose it under stress. So sending him to another location may have been a good thing.

However, I think it is very suspicious that nobody mentions whether the boy was quizzed about what he might have seen or heard. That would have been the first thing I did if I found my daughter missing.

Also, Patsy's scream to John, who was in a third floor bathroom, was loud enough to bring him running, but not loud enough to wake Burke who was on the same floor? Again, their story just doesn't make sense.

IMO Burke was aware of the situation and knew that his life with his parents depended on him staying in his room and saying nothing.

Now if I was in FWs position, I would have questioned the heck out of that boy during the car ride. Although I'm pretty sure he would have said he saw and heard nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see it both ways. It was a tense situation for everybody there, and nobody has the time to tend to the needs of a young boy. No parent wants their child to see them break down or lose it under stress. So sending him to another location may have been a good thing.

However, I think it is very suspicious that nobody mentions whether the boy was quizzed about what he might have seen or heard. That would have been the first thing I did if I found my daughter missing.

Also, Patsy's scream to John, who was in a third floor bathroom, was loud enough to bring him running, but not loud enough to wake Burke who was on the same floor? Again, their story just doesn't make sense.

IMO Burke was aware of the situation and knew that his life with his parents depended on him staying in his room and saying nothing.

Now if I was in FWs position, I would have questioned the heck out of that boy during the car ride. Although I'm pretty sure he would have said he saw and heard nothing.

I can understand all that was going on that morning may have scared a child, so I can see it both ways too. But this was his sister and when French wanted to talk to the boy JR interrupted him and said he was asleep and didnt hear, know anything. They just wanted him out asap so he couldnt slip about something

I can understand all that was going on that morning may have scared a child, so I can see it both ways too. But this was his sister and when French wanted to talk to the boy JR interrupted him and said he was asleep and didnt hear, know anything. They just wanted him out asap so he couldnt slip about something

I think this is one of the two reasons why JR rushed his son out of the house that morning. The other reason is that he didn't want to take a chance of JB's body being found while BR was in the house and possible being seen as the grotesque, stiff, macabre mannequin she was at that point. Whatever his role, BR needed to be protected from that sight. I don't know whether Officer French had the right to override parental wishes on that matter, but I would certainly have raised the point that it was important to know whether BR had seen or heard anything, being that his room was down the hall from his abducted sister. That JR was so determined to get his son out of the house (and safe from any questions) was the FIRST red flag the police should have noted. Any other parent would WANT the remaining child to be thoroughly questioned as to what they may have seen or heard. In the Elizabeth Smart case, the younger sister, present in the room when Elizabeth was abducted and frightened into pretending she was asleep, eventually reported she recognized the voice of the kidnapper as a former handyman who had been to the house before.
Now, obviously with JB, she wasn't really kidnapped, but at the time BR was sent away, police (and presumably the R friends) did not know that. This was a kidnapping at that point.

Oh I agree with you 100%. I'm just saying that I don't think it would have been overly odd for an innocent parent to want the child out of that environment.

Oh I agree with you 100%. I'm just saying that I don't think it would have been overly odd for an innocent parent to want the child out of that environment.

Yes. An innocent parent would definitely want the child away from what all was going on. Just like a child that knew (alot of anyway) of what happened that night would know not to say anything. An innocent child(I should say a child who knew nothing about what happened to sis) would be asking all sorts of questions about why all the people in house, LE, and why the delay for their trip

Did burke ever ask those questions that you would expect a 9 year old boy to ask? Where's Jonbenet? Are we going to the lake? Are we going on the big red boat? Why are these people here? I just don't get it.

Did burke ever ask those questions that you would expect a 9 year old boy to ask? Where's Jonbenet? Are we going to the lake? Are we going on the big red boat? Why are these people here? I just don't get it.

He was said to ask NOTHING. He was mostly concerned in having his new Nintendo with him. I think BR's voice on the 911 tape (which happened before his exit from the house) indicates he knew he was't going on any trip and JB was no longer there.

:sheesh:
He was said to ask NOTHING. He was mostly concerned in having his new Nintendo with him. I think BR's voice on the 911 tape (which happened before his exit from the house) indicates he knew he was't going on any trip and JB was no longer there.
Also, JR and FW had time with him upstairs and could have filled in any blanks then. Crime scene photos of Burke's room show it tidy with the bed made ( by FW) so enough time to make sure Burke would have nothing to say once downstairs.

Just to throw it out there but would that not indirectly clear Burke of any involvement? If he had been involved then he would already have seen her body.

I disagree that it was odd to send BR off with the White's. In a situation like that with police all over the house, it made sense that he not be there, esp if he had no useful information to contribute about the kidnapping. That is assuming the parents believed it to be a kidnapping. I believe both parents knew, at the time the 911 call was made, that JB was dead so it is not relevant to talk about the kidnapping as if it was real. I agree they did not want him to see the body which they expected to be found shortly.

Just to throw it out there but would that not indirectly clear Burke of any involvement? If he had been involved then he would already have seen her body

I disagree that it was odd to send BR off with the White's. In a situation like that with police all over the house, it made sense that he not be there, esp if he had no useful information to contribute about the kidnapping. That is assuming the parents believed it to be a kidnapping. I believe both parents knew, at the time the 911 call was made, that JB was dead so it is not relevant to talk about the kidnapping as if it was real. I agree they did not want him to see the body which they expected to be found shortly.

Anyhoo,
Of course it makes no sense to talk about the kidnapping as if it was unreal. What a scenario, we have a RN and JonBenet is missing and BR wants to talk about ... not really!

If BR, as alleged, by many on this forum is linked to the death of JonBenet, why should viewing his sisters body be problematic?

When did the R's know JnBenet's body would be visible to BR? Do you get the logic. She was kidnapped, i.e. not available for viewing.

Moving BR out of the house that morning represents more than a house keeping exercise, since if JonBenet has been kidnapped and lies atop some Colorado mountain peak, then whats the problem?

No BR was relocated precisely because he knows something that JR wishes nobody else to know, simples!

So if your daughter is kidnapped in the middle of the night, why would you let your other child out of your sight? It's obviously a suddenly dangerous community & why wouldn't you think the kidnappers wouldn't want to double-up the ante by taking your other child?

It makes no sense to send him to a neighbor's/friends house. I would want my other child within my sight at all times. I'd even have a hard time letting him go with a Detective (LE) for safekeeping!!

I wonder how Burke responded to being woken up and whisked away from his parents and his sister gone. Myself, I'd have cried, told them I didn't want to leave them and probably made a bit of a fuss. If I had no idea what was going on. It would be pretty scary.

If you're being targeted by a "small foreign faction" that is watching your house and has your child, the last thing that needs to happen is separating your OTHER child from you and the police. There is NO way they would be advised to send BR away, it's too dangerous if they truly believe it is a kidnapping by a terrorist group. Implausible, IMHO.

Just to throw it out there but would that not indirectly clear Burke of any involvement? If he had been involved then he would already have seen her body.

No, I don't think it clears him of involvement. First of all, he may have not actually seen her DEAD body. It was the strangulation that ended her life (although the head bash would have eventually done it whether she was strangled or not). He may have seen her unconscious, but that is VERY different than seeing her CORPSE- especially the way it would have looked by that time. I can totally see the parents wanting him out of there, and not just to keep him from seeing her body. They also did not want him questioned by anyone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back