Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She watches the video, makes stills, uploads into her laptop. (My computer asks me if I want to delete my camera content as I'm importing. I ususally say yes.)
Or she deletes everything from the camera manually.

It is a viable possibility IMO.

JMO but if any video was taken that day it was a sex video like they discussed making on May 10.

So, we have some things that are explainable:
Tire Service=oil change? flat tire fix?
Priceline=ticket to Phoenix
Airport=parking
PPL=payback for being lazy

Gas in Yreka=cash? Stolen from her grandparents? Stolen from Travis? Kept in her rediculous safe under her bed?
She could get all the way to Sacramento if driving the Nissan. Did she still have the Infiniti?
Gas in Benicia = almost to Bay area.
She went to Santa Cruz? The whole point of leaving from SAC was so she could quick go over to Santa Cruz? Maybe this was the time she talked to MM about the murder?
She could have flown from Medford, Yreka, Redding....
Cash for gas back to Yreka? She "borrowed" it from someone?
Didn't she go and see her half sister at some point? Or does she live in Sac? She was the one who mentioned that JA gave her phone number to guy on plane.

I never heard anything about a Nissan. Was that the car Sandy rented for Jodi to flee?

I know I read it somewhere that Jodi met up with MM after she got back to Yreka after she killed Travis. Hmm, she'd just seen him a few days before in Monterrey,had sushi and totally rocked (and carried MM) singing in a bar.

I think her name is Julie, and yes there was something about her handing out her phone number to man on the flight. So, Julie picked her up at the airport?

The Trial Diaries, 02/03/2015:-- Julie Arias was interviewed. Jodi's half sister - Jodi stopped at Julies after TA's memorial. Jodi gave a guy her name and number and then she called this guy from Julies house."

I never heard anything about a Nissan. Was that the car Sandy rented for Jodi to flee?

I know I read it somewhere that Jodi met up with MM after she got back to Yreka after she killed Travis. Hmm, she'd just seen him a few days before in Monterrey,had sushi and totally rocked (and carried MM) singing in a bar.

I think her name is Julie, and yes there was something about her handing out her phone number to man on the flight. So, Julie picked her up at the airport?

The Trial Diaries, 02/03/2015:-- Julie Arias was interviewed. Jodi's half sister - Jodi stopped at Julies after TA's memorial. Jodi gave a guy her name and number and then she called this guy from Julies house."

I do remember in JM's book the car she was packing to flee Yreka when arrested was a white Chevy Cobalt

Couldn't edit previous post to add that I'm sure Trey the Boston is a great addition to their family. Very cool dogs, playful, love people, smart and easy to care for.

I do remember in JM's book the car she was packing to flee Yreka when arrested was a white Chevy Cobalt

Couldn't edit previous post to add that I'm sure Trey the Boston is a great addition to their family. Very cool dogs, playful, love people, smart and easy to care for.

Maybe I'm confused in the car being called an infinity,but it's still a Nissan product?

Correct, IBP. Infiniti is the luxury brand from Nissan, like Lexus is the luxury brand from Toyota.

On her bank statement, that Juan introduced at trial, there was a charge of 24.54 to Weldon's tire shop on the 16th of June, when she was on her way to Travis's funeral and blew a tire. She then bought a plane ticket through Priceline the same day to fly to Sacramento California, and there is a charge of 28.00 on the 20th to Sacramento County airport, then she stopped at an Arco and spent 30.04. So that was for gas?

That must all be for the memorial service and not the funeral?

I wrote ^^^^ my idea about what those expenses were for.

BBM If it was, then 281129 drove roughly 50-60 miles west - towards San Francisco - to buy that gas. Of course she is known to drive hours in the wrong direction so I guess anything's possible. lol

I'm thinking she went to Santa Cruz..... MM? Gus?

I'm thinking Jodi parked her car at the airport. Then flew to Phoenix.

On her bank statement, that Juan introduced at trial, there was a charge of 24.54 to Weldon's tire shop on the 16th of June, when she was on her way to Travis's funeral and blew a tire. She then bought a plane ticket through Priceline the same day to fly to Sacramento California, and there is a charge of 28.00 on the 20th to Sacramento County airport, then she stopped at an Arco and spent 30.04. So that was for gas?[/QUOTE

The Memorial Service was June 16, not Travis' funeral. That all looks legit on her bank statement IMO. As for the $19.95 charge for PPL, that was probably how much they charged monthly to access their database, much like Beth's monthly access charge.
There are no travel costs to Riverside for the funeral listed on that statement which is partly why I don't think she even made an attempt to drive south to his funeral. I don't think she could have afforded back to back flights - one to Phoenix and then to SoCal for the two separate events. She planned to drive to Riverside from Yreka to his funeral, not fly. But that was all a lie anyway. I bet the real friends and family of Travis gave her a huge negative vibe at the Memorial so much so she shuddered at the thought of attending the funeral, so she lied about the flat.
She went to Travis' memorial to get the "buzz" and to assess what was being said about her so she could double back on her alibi and cover her tracks with any info she gathered from his friends. She said during her testiphony that it would have looked weird if she hadn't gone. Since sociopaths such as the killer do not feel normal feelings as we do, she wasn't feeling humiliation at the service,she just wanted information. She doesn't think like us, who wouldn't even have thought about going to the Memorial service of someone we just murdered (thank goodness we will never have to entertain that thought as we are not murderers) but not the killer - she didn't care about that, nor his family or friends, again thinking of just herself.
I watched the killer's sentencing hearing yesterday between doing laundry loads. I listened to poor Samantha say she was standing a few feet from the killer and knew in her heart that CMJA was responsible for murdering her brother. Imagine that feeling. And then to hear the killer's response that Samantha was just "wrong" about poor CMJA not being abused as a child.
Samantha really gave the killer a talking to in her impact statement at sentencing but the killer, even then when she should have been expressing remorse and apologizing, the killer chose to use her time to be evil towards the family once again. She is where she belongs - in prison for the rest of her life. She is a danger to society.
Regarding the possibility that CMJA made a video of the murder, respectfully I disagree. Any pic from a video would have to have been downloaded from the camera on a computer. She would have had to have the camera cable and computer close by, it was his camera not hers, he would have to have had the Cybershot software installed on his computer to be able to download from the camera, then after all that - the killer would have to choose those pics to delete and gone through the five step delete process plus delete the pics from his computer hard drive or disk. Not enough time for that to have been done IMO.
(PS pls excuse any grammar and spelling errors - I've not been able to edit my posts).

JMO but if any video was taken that day it was a sex video like they discussed making on May 10.

IMO no video was taken that day. She told Flores that they made a sex video because she was thinking about her month -long work of manufacturing emails and texts and sextape to make it seem TA still had an unquenchable desire to have wild sex with her.

Lies, and transparent lies, IMO, remembering how she scrambled on the stand to keep up with her own contradictory lies about taking video on TA's unfamiliar camera, until she defaulted and said she'd taken the video on her own camera. Lies.

JM wrote in his book that she still had the camera on her much later than I'd thought during trial. I wondered if she was holding it in one hand and stabbing with the other (highly unlikely). IMO she must have put her own strap on it, and Pocket's work convinces me it was likely a neck strap. Makes sense to me, because she'd need both hands free, and because if it were attached to her wrist I'd think there would be accidental photos of her struggle with him in the bathroom, of her stabbing-frenzy there and down the hallway.

With all due respect to Geevee and Pocket and others, I don't believe she made a video of the murder. I think she intended to kill him in the shower and be done. Not much a video thing. Wouldn't be surprised if she planned on taking a few trophy pics on her Canon. Maybe she did.

But I agree that it makes little sense for her to have made video then taken the time to do stills, then to delete.

Unless....unless the whole photo shoot in the shower was a video, with her capturing stills at intervals to make it appear she was just taking pics, and the stills later on were taken by the shutter button being pushed accidentally?

But that doesn't account for the perfectly posed last photo of TA's face, which was a still, and obviously intentional.

My vote is- no video that day.

IMO no video was taken that day. She told Flores that they made a sex video because she was thinking about her month -long work of manufacturing emails and texts and sextape to make it seem TA still had an unquenchable desire to have wild sex with her.

Lies, and transparent lies, IMO, remembering how she scrambled on the stand to keep up with her own contradictory lies about taking video on TA's unfamiliar camera, until she defaulted and said she'd taken the video on her own camera. Lies.

JM wrote in his book that she still had the camera on her much later than I'd thought during trial. I wondered if she was holding it in one hand and stabbing with the other (highly unlikely). IMO she must have put her own strap on it, and Pocket's work convinces me it was likely a neck strap. Makes sense to me, because she'd need both hands free, and because if it were attached to her wrist I'd think there would be accidental photos of her struggle with him in the bathroom, of her stabbing-frenzy there and down the hallway.

With all due respect to Geevee and Pocket and others, I don't believe she made a video of the murder. I think she intended to kill him in the shower and be done. Not much a video thing. Wouldn't be surprised if she planned on taking a few trophy pics on her Canon. Maybe she did.

But I agree that it makes little sense for her to have made video then taken the time to do stills, then to delete.

Unless....unless the whole photo shoot in the shower was a video, with her capturing stills at intervals to make it appear she was just taking pics, and the stills later on were taken by the shutter button being pushed accidentally?

But that doesn't account for the perfectly posed last photo of TA's face, which was a still, and obviously intentional.

My vote is- no video that day.

Miss Hope, we agree again. :bodyguard:

The Memorial Service was June 16, not Travis' funeral. That all looks legit on her bank statement IMO. As for the $19.95 charge for PPL, that was probably how much they charged monthly to access their database, much like Beth's monthly access charge.
There are no travel costs to Riverside for the funeral listed on that statement which is partly why I don't think she even made an attempt to drive south to his funeral. I don't think she could have afforded back to back flights - one to Phoenix and then to SoCal for the two separate events. She planned to drive to Riverside from Yreka to his funeral, not fly. But that was all a lie anyway. I bet the real friends and family of Travis gave her a huge negative vibe at the Memorial so much so she shuddered at the thought of attending the funeral, so she lied about the flat.
She went to Travis' memorial to get the "buzz" and to assess what was being said about her so she could double back on her alibi and cover her tracks with any info she gathered from his friends. She said during her testiphony that it would have looked weird if she hadn't gone. Since sociopaths such as the killer do not feel normal feelings as we do, she wasn't feeling humiliation at the service,she just wanted information. She doesn't think like us, who wouldn't even have thought about going to the Memorial service of someone we just murdered (thank goodness we will never have to entertain that thought as we are not murderers) but not the killer - she didn't care about that, nor his family or friends, again thinking of just herself.
I watched the killer's sentencing hearing yesterday between doing laundry loads. I listened to poor Samantha say she was standing a few feet from the killer and knew in her heart that CMJA was responsible for murdering her brother. Imagine that feeling. And then to hear the killer's response that Samantha was just "wrong" about poor CMJA not being abused as a child.
Samantha really gave the killer a talking to in her impact statement at sentencing but the killer, even then when she should have been expressing remorse and apologizing, the killer chose to use her time to be evil towards the family once again. She is where she belongs - in prison for the rest of her life. She is a danger to society.
Regarding the possibility that CMJA made a video of the murder, respectfully I disagree. Any pic from a video would have to have been downloaded from the camera on a computer. She would have had to have the camera cable and computer close by, it was his camera not hers, he would have to have had the Cybershot software installed on his computer to be able to download from the camera, then after all that - the killer would have to choose those pics to delete and gone through the five step delete process plus delete the pics from his computer hard drive or disk. Not enough time for that to have been done IMO.
(PS pls excuse any grammar and spelling errors - I've not been able to edit my posts).

I guess, depending on her car situation...ten hour drive from Yreka to Riverside...she could do it but would need to borrow/rent a car and pay the $4/gallon gas...flights take about 3-4 hours with one stop...probably $200 bucks for a ticket (?). How much money could she have? She'd spent quite a bit on her murder trip...then spent money to travel to the memorial in Mesa and is only working a few shifts at some small place in Yreka.

So probably right, she likely didn't want to go to Riverside after picking up on the feelings at the first memorial. Yet, she thinks it will look bad if she doesn't go. So she's calling Mario and Maria, asking them to pick her up at the airport for the June 21 funeral. This serves two purposes...she gives the appearance of the caring ex gf, trying to get to the funeral and she can also see what Travis's friends are thinking and if there's any news they might have about the police investigation. Then she can always have last minute "car trouble"

IIRC pocket said the stamps reflected the time the stills were taken on the camera, not time uploaded to computer.

Stretching credibility IMO that IF a video of a murder WAS taken on the victims camera, not Jodi's, then after the killing she sits down and watches the video and for some reason takes still pics over a period of 11 minutes then deletes them...?

I've always felt a camera strap was a possibility (for at least some of the time) because it was a new camera. Pocket's point on this aspect, I agree with. A contributor asked if a strap had been found. It was a good question. I can't remember by whom, sorry. If a new strap was found in the box/case - unmarked by blood - that may rule the strap theory out. In a bathroom with tiles, would an accidental dropping be something a careful Travis would likely risk? My husband always makes sure I have the camera securely on when using his video. They are expensive instruments.

The expert witness was clear that the stamps were made by the camera, not uploaded to a computer. The expert witness stated that recovering a deleted video was harder to do (nothing found in this case).

(...)

Deeply moving, Salsberg7. I underlined your writing on Samantha as it brings the horror of what that family suffered into sharp focus. It's like a creation of fiction - made infinitely worse by being real. You only have to imagine how that might feel to know Arias must never be free to kill again.

I agree with your conclusion on the video of the murder. Improbable. Well thought through reasoning. She would also have risked contaminating further areas with DNA or blood evidence. Great post.

I've always felt a camera strap was a possibility (for at least some of the time) because it was a new camera. Pocket's point on this aspect, I agree with. A contributor asked if a strap had been found. It was a good question. I can't remember by whom, sorry. If a new strap was found in the box/case - unmarked by blood - that may rule the strap theory out. In a bathroom with tiles, would an accidental dropping be something a careful Travis would likely risk? My husband always makes sure I have the camera securely on when using his video. They are expensive instruments.

The expert witness was clear that the stamps were made by the camera, not uploaded to a computer. The expert witness stated that recovering a deleted video was harder to do (nothing found in this case).

There could have been a strap, but it was not the one that came with the camera. That one was found still in the package. Did she use hers? Very possible but she'd have to remember to take it off and with her...

CayleeAdvocate posted this pic a few pages ago

image.png

The camera is smaller than I imagined it. I've begun to wonder if she shoved it into a pocket on her jogging pants perhaps taking the first accidental pic of ceiling (testimony is camera 2-3ft off ground) . When she bent over to slit his throat it falls from the pocket. She must keep up with the camera, has to delete those photos before leaving. She picks it up and puts it back into the pocket. In the struggle of dragging the body it falls out, perhaps several times, twice taking accidental pics.

image.jpeg

Who knows, strap or pocket? But the camera had to make it from the shower area to the hall in some way

TexMex: Your recall is consistently sharp. I think that rules out the strap, although it is a possibility she used hers. My instinct now is that she didn't.

Regarding the sweat pants - Jodi claimed to have a white pair with a black stripe. I remember the Detective Flores' interviews very well as I thought he was outstanding. Remember her face when he asked about the sweat pants? It's worth watching that small section to see how EF toys with her. A little further on is the, "Well, enough about your cat" quip. It still tickles me - Detective Flores' flat, dry delivery.

[video=youtube;tl01kF96-10]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl01kF96-10&index=16&list=PLrAJFqIjBGeBWQ8jumn4nJ92njqRQwm0k[/video]

Sweat pant statement from 11.00 minutes in. The ones that Caylee Advocate posted are grey but Arias admits to having two pairs. She looks like she is lying - (surprise!) so that pic may be the exact ones. Then again, she lies so much, always have to filter through as much evidence as possible.

I forgot to add - at 12.20 minutes in - she makes a sound like Detective Flores actually knocks the wind out of her (as opposed to Arias faking having the wind knocked out of her in court). It comes out as a strangled, slumping 'Hmmppph'. It's a joy to watch how skilled EF is. He then leaves her to consider that she is well and truly - caught.

1. Every Phoenix-Yreka/Yreka/Phoenix flight she mentions in her journal indicates Sacramento as her/her family's CA airport of choice.

2. Her Infiniti wasn't repossessed until late June, iirc, or even as late as July. That would be the car she bought working as a waitress, car payments in addition to a $1400 per month mortgage payment, her half of the total payment due, and half of all utilities for the house. No wonder she felt so driven by summer 2007 to find and marry a rich man, PDQ.

3. Her tire repair bill. What caught my eye is another instance of the 's endless TIRE stories. What is it with this killer and tires?Tire slashings- three times, supposedly buying tires for a BMW that already had 4 brand new tires on it because of her knife fetish and rage, and this, tire as excuse for not going to a funeral she never wanted to attend.

Such redundancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member