Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Take your time in the typing (if you intend to), I'm grateful not only for the time and effort you put into it but also the context and reasoning you add, always so on the mark and well thought out.

Like Rickshaw, I have to wonder how much involvement they had with his relationship/breakup with Deanna, they didn't seem to be able to keep their noses out of his private business.

All through the first trial I couldn't figure out why so many seemed to think so much of these two, when with what we knew then the word that kept coming to mind was 'meddlers' and not the true friends to TA as they held themselves out to be.

It had never occurred to me before Rickshaw posted about it, but thinking it over, I find it impossible to believe that Sky did NOT interfere with TA's relationship with Deanna.

I don't think she was responsible for TA not committing to Deanna, but I can easily imagine her pressuring him about his relationship, repeatedly.

It was Sky, remember, who told Travis in February 2008 to, quote unquote "dump" Lisa so he could pursue Mimi, someone he had never gone out with, and someone Sky didn't hestitate to tell Travis was out of his league. Some friend.

Another BTW. During trial, Sky & Chris loved to tell the story of how they caught snooping outside their bedroom door and were so terrified by the evil they saw on 's face that they feared for their children's safety that night.

Really? Because every text they sent Travis about the in 2008, a full year & longer later, suggests otherwise. It seems fairly clear they felt scorn for her, but fear? No. Fear for Travis? No.

It's altogether pointless to ask this, but....would this story have had a different ending if Chris & Sky had handled that January 2007 weekend differently?

If they had immediately told the - Travis is our friend who we love unconditionally,and though we're sorry to hear you have problems with him, those problems are for the two of you to work out, and none of our business.

Or, if that was too much to be expected of them, if after indulging the 's manipulations & bashing of Travis, they had gone to their room and said- wow. That was really weird, and totally inappropriate. Should we give TA a head's up that something is off here?

Or, if removing themselves & having some time to reflect on what had just happened didn't change what they were thinking or feeling, perhaps it should have struck both of them that it was certainly wrong and odd and disturbing that after promising she wouldn't talk to Travis about what had been said until Sky had a chance to speak with him first, as soon as the Hughes had gone to bed, the had snuck out into their garage to call Travis? Which Sky had observed her doing?

One would think. But, Sky instead told Travis she was GLAD that the had called him, that it was her intention all along the tell him everything that had been said, and yep, that Travis was responsible for the 's pain, AND for her unwillingness to tell him directly about all those many things he was doing to cause her that pain.

PS to Rickshaw, about Sky initially believing Nurmi that Travis was a pedophile AND that he had expressed interest in molesting the Hughes' son.

Whatever benefit of the doubt I was inclined to give Sky vanished when I heard this. Sky believed Nurmi. Period. Her alleged reasons for doing so do not explain why she was instantly willing to believe something so terrible about her unconditional friend Travis. Period.

Chris didn't believe Nurmi. Why did Sky?

Last edited:
As for TA's friends noticing the many red flags that were there from the very beginning. Actually, many of TA's friends DID think something was off about the . At least several of his women friends thought the was downright creepy from first meeting. Taylor was completely alienated by the acting as if she was the lady of the house, greeting TA's friends at the door as if she lived there.

This kind of thing is why it seems unbelievable that Sky would side with over Travis. Everyone knew who was. Everyone must have been talking about it. By Christmastime. And she does a repeat by showing up uninvited at Chris and Sky's house and sticks around for 3 days? This is nuts.

So talented??!!!
laugh3-smiley.gif

O/T.

I still plan on posting the remainder of the Travis-Hughes texts, but am occupied in the meanwhile completely re-doing my DS's room, from painting, new furniture, rugs, etc., while he is away for 2 weeks in California (right outside Yosemite) visiting with my step-daughter & grandkids.

It is sooooo hot here- around 100 degrees, and we don't have central air conditioning (house is about just about 100 years old) (which is about how old it's easy to feel laboring away when it's this hot)....;)

O/T.

I still plan on posting the remainder of the Travis-Hughes texts, but am occupied in the meanwhile completely re-doing my DS's room, from painting, new furniture, rugs, etc., while he is away for 2 weeks in California (right outside Yosemite) visiting with my step-daughter & grandkids.

It is sooooo hot here- around 100 degrees, and we don't have central air conditioning (house is about just about 100 years old) (which is about how old it's easy to feel laboring away when it's this hot)....;)

Going to have to get used to the new quote feature, the one above should have been in my post above.

O/T.

Your DS is a lucky boy, Hope Mom.
I've been in a deep rabbit hole in another case for a while but feel like here is my home. Always.

I have NO idea what the "edit bar" is??!!
dont-no-smiley.gif
Me either Niner....ne2studd is hard to learn!

anyone having trouble logging in fine, but then go to a different forum and you have to log in again? Yes I checked the box to stay logged in...I made sure of that. It has been happening for days! Especially from the Lucas Hernadez forum to another one is the worse....:(

My improvised smilies :( ;)

Me either Niner....ne2studd is hard to learn!

anyone having trouble logging in fine, but then go to a different forum and you have to log in again? Yes I checked the box to stay logged in...I made sure of that. It has been happening for days! Especially from the Lucas Hernadez forum to another one is the worse....:(

My improvised smilies :( ;)
Oh....I did not post those actual smilies!!! I used the key board colon, semi colon, and parans! Surprised they came out! I will keep,logging in Niner....computers keep,us on our toes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966