Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if it's already been discussed, but 48 Hours did a new program entitled "Unraveling Jodi Arias's Lies". Maureen Maher showed clips of her previous interviews with her and how influential they were in the trial. It was hard to watch how bold-faced and sickeningly sweetly Jodi can just lie to the camera or anyone. I particularly found it hard to watch the parts of the trial they showed with Samuels and La Violette. We know they both lied for her too. It was done to refute the lies about Travis being a pedophile, and to show how much Jodi changed her story, but they tried too hard to be unbiased, and I didn't like them interviewing one of Casey Anthony's defense team. That's the pot calling the kettle black. Also, I don't believe the Hughes's were true friends of Travis's, so they shouldn't be giving them face time either. Maureen also mentioned at the very end the negative attention focused on Juror 17, but nothing about her being a stealth juror. But it was a good try.

I feel her entire diary for months prior to Travis' passing was made up hogwash.. to throw detectives off her scent, she premeditated her own diary entries for months for the trial evidence. :facepalm:

'I love Travis so much, but he's so abusive sometimes, so mean to me, but I am so fragile and harmless what's a girl to do?'
Actually, I think she went back and changed entries, just like Casey Anthony did. The abuse defense was her 3rd story. She didn't think of it initially.

I'll hoist a beer to you, Nosey. I suppose it should be rye whiskey, but I can't stand the stuff. :canada:

Sorry I missed this before, eh? Cheers on Canada's Day Eve Becky and Nosey.

[video=youtube;8gper3YkzMg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gper3YkzMg[/video]

That she could OBVIOUSLY do a better job than he did. But when caught, agree to do several interviews like she had no choice, someone was abusing her in the system. :jail:

I know, I'm sorry, I felt I should respond this way... :blushing:

Matt evidently got severely drunk on grape gin (?) and got diarrhea from food/water poisoning. Slowed him down.... Made him stupid. Sounds like the kind of thing Jodi would do ("stupid is as stupid does"), but then, she's not "handy" like Matt and Sweat nor would do a lick of work to get herself where she wants to go. I doubt she'd deign to crawl under her bed, either. I suppose she's more likely to con someone else to do the heavy lifting so she can escape. Plunked-in-the-desert Perryville ain't no Adirondacks, either: no water for miles, baking hot, and nowhere to hide. Oh, I almost forgot.....no strawberry frappuccinos: what's a poor girl to do to sustain herself on the run?

Looked at the Shawyna Forde FB page today and apparently Perryville is doing a very thorough job on JA mail, both to and from. Even SF's mail to her FB adm with talk about JA seems to have been intercepted or somehow lost. One of JA's bestest fans is claiming he's written constantly yet is hearing JA hasn't rec'd a single one of his letters. Aww, poor JA. How's she supposed to get attention if they won't let all this info in & out of her little pod?

eta: Also JA fans who have rec'd mail from her say it's all been read and marked then envelope taped, or in some cases they claim to have rec'd only empty envelopes.

I'll bet her "fans" can't get on her mail list owing to criminal records. Or else they're inmates at other prisons.

Yes, all mail is subject to perusal. My favorite criteria for BIG trouble, if the item:

Substantially hinders efforts to treat or rehabilitate the inmate; however, legal mail will not be withheld for this purpose.
Threatens the intended recipient.
Promotes, aids or abets criminal activity or violation of Department
rules, including but not limited to rioting, extortion, escape, illegal
drug use, conveyance of contraband, solicitation of funds, violence
towards others, and promotes or encourages security threat
groups.
Has content written in code or that contains hidden messages

OR
if fans sent her stuff that's not allowed, like sexy photos, stamps or crayons or items that can change inmate's appearance (aka makeup?).

JA has to use pre-stamped envelopes for domestic mail and stamps are not sold in the commissary. A pre-stamped envelope would limit the number of pages that can be sent at any one time. As I understand it, packages can be sent, but only through a contract carrier.

AZ DOC regulations: https://corrections.az.gov/sites/default/files/policies/900/0914.pdf

Oh, by the way, at intake inmates are not allowed any personal property except legal papers, contact lenses, and a wedding band if married. Everything else has to be mailed away, at inmate expense. #909. Love it, love it..... Bwahaha: all that fan mail, all her hex dolls, all her dildo substitutes, all her ersatz KY... GONE!

I'll bet her "fans" can't get on her mail list owing to criminal records. Or else they're inmates at other prisons.

Yes, all mail is subject to perusal. My favorite criteria for BIG trouble, if the item:

Substantially hinders efforts to treat or rehabilitate the inmate; however, legal mail will not be withheld for this purpose.
groups.

OR
if fans sent her stuff that's not allowed, like sexy photos, stamps or crayons or items that can change inmate's appearance (aka makeup?).

JA has to use pre-stamped envelopes for domestic mail and stamps are not sold in the commissary. A pre-stamped envelope would limit the number of pages that can be sent at any one time. As I understand it, packages can be sent, but only through a contract carrier.

AZ DOC regulations: https://corrections.az.gov/sites/default/files/policies/900/0914.pdf

Oh, by the way, at intake inmates are not allowed any personal property except legal papers, contact lenses, and a wedding band if married. Everything else has to be mailed away, at inmate expense. #909. Love it, love it..... Bwahaha: all that fan mail, all her hex dolls, all her dildo substitutes, all her ersatz KY... GONE!
BBM - This explains the sour look on her face in her mug shot. :happydance:

No more prop glasses either! And I'm betting no prescription for contact lenses. Too bad, so sad, she never really needed them, and nothing to see now.

It was 106 in my area today, wonder how hot it was in Perryville??? Hopefully hotter.

groups.

OR

BBM: That ban on solicitation of funds has gotta hurt, although I'm certain she will try to get around it. And we already know she's pretty stupid at coded messages.

BBM: That ban on solicitation of funds has gotta hurt, although I'm certain she will try to get around it. And we already know she's pretty stupid at coded messages.

Wow, I was so focused on the ban on coded messages, that the ban on solicitation of funds completely escaped me! Well, that would sure cause all JA's envelopes to be emptied by authorities before leaving the prison. The "fund" is the only purpose of the "fan" base, the only reason to communicate with them.

You gotta think that every time she tries to get a letter out that breaks the rules, she's gonna get privileges docked. Delicious.....

I'll bet she hasn't demonstrated mastery of the manual she was required to read at Intake, something like, "How to Behave in Perryville."

FYI, this is the structure of incentives such as phone calls and visitation (if this is still current): https://corrections.az.gov/sites/default/files/policies/800/0809.pdf
One 15 minute phone call per week? Gotta hurt!
One non-contact visitation for 2-hour block? Gotta hurt!

Given that DOC is playing a hard line with her, I'm thinking whatever she tries regarding fund solicitation will backfire big time. They are used to dealing with this stuff: Jodi is very unoriginal as far as criminal thinking goes, so it's all been tried before. In fact, it's very likely that her fund account pops up regularly on a government computer, just to check for criminal activity. The Gov't may be interested as much in her depositors and the pattern of deposits as in JA herself.

RickshawFan, Mar.2014 revisions to that incentives order were posted here awhile ago. New rules can be found under Director'sInstr #326 - the chart for Max/Lumley is Attachment J.

I find the AZ DOC Guidelines to be fascinating reading:
https://corrections.az.gov/sites/default/files/policies/900/0906.pdf

For instance, on hobby crafts:
-An inmate has to apply for the program
-there can be no pending disciplinary action
-completed craft items must be mailed or sent out with a visitor OR submitted to the prison outlet where they can be sold
-all mailing costs are paid for by the inmate
-25% of anything that gets sold in the store goes to the DOC as a processing fee
-in Max, Phase I, no hobby crafts are permitted
-in Max, Phase II, choose one: origami or pencil drawing
-IIRC, all craft supplies must be purchased at the commissary, not received from outside
-how many of which item inmates are allowed to have: https://corrections.az.gov/sites/default/files/policies/900/0909.pdf in the last few pages

Otherwise interesting:
-but yes on antacids, beano, and diarrhea meds, in small quantities
-no insect repellent for max inmates
-no dental flossing loops for max
-1 package of TP, but no kleenex for max
-no emery boards in max
-pretty much no makeup in max
-you can have 3 golf pencils, but no sharpener in max
-you can have 24 colored pencils in max, but not in phase 1
-no paints or markers in max
-no craft scissors or erasers in max Phase 1 or 2; the only scissors allowed at any level are the plastic kids kind
-no greeting cards
-no pinochle cards allowed in max
-no mirrors allowed in max
-inmates can have an ice chest
-no arch supports in max
-no orange shirts permitted in max; the outfit is onesies
-no hats or thermal underwear in max
-only 10 books, excluding library books
-no CD's in max
-no linen/bedding purchases in max, including no blankets
-arts and crafts supplies cannot be sent to inmates

Ooooohhhh....... if prohibited items are sent in the mail (e.g. fund solicitation, contraband, letters in code), the offending item is sent to the criminal investigation unit

Actually, I think she went back and changed entries, just like Casey Anthony did. The abuse defense was her 3rd story. She didn't think of it initially.

Really? She denied having seen him that day, then there were ninjas, but I always felt she moved away from Travis JUST so she could have some type of denial for law enforcement. "I moved on, why would I care whom he's dating, how could I drive without gas cans, etc etc." Why NOT forge her diary entries as well?

She doesn't like thinking of herself as evil, has she even ever wrote in terms of "I am not having the best of months, Travis is all I can think about, my job sucks (and she has BPD, this is common with them)." She's always lying to herself, I think she forged them earlier... it would have been harder for her to go back just because I don't believe she's ANY good with sequence of events and sensory memories. She only vividly recalls emotions and single moments, but ordered writing/novelization, um, sorry I don't think she can pull that off, what if they came for her that night? She did enough that she thought she'd need an alibi the night of... She would have started writing under a type of strain and I think her entries would have been more obvious about that in that case.

Oh well, I don't suppose it really matters, there were many other things she did and said to indicate just how disturbed she is. Her being on the stand was the scariest, yet telling thing, ever. The abuse thing, like the pedophilia, who knows, her lawyers are just as twisted as her IMO, whomever came up with that. But I think self-defense was always going to be her story, IF they forced her hand (or hand print, as it was).

Matt evidently got severely drunk on grape gin (?) and got diarrhea from food/water poisoning. Slowed him down.... Made him stupid. Sounds like the kind of thing Jodi would do ("stupid is as stupid does"), but then, she's not "handy" like Matt and Sweat nor would do a lick of work to get herself where she wants to go. I doubt she'd deign to crawl under her bed, either. I suppose she's more likely to con someone else to do the heavy lifting so she can escape. Plunked-in-the-desert Perryville ain't no Adirondacks, either: no water for miles, baking hot, and nowhere to hide. Oh, I almost forgot.....no strawberry frappuccinos: what's a poor girl to do to sustain herself on the run?

That's what I meant, Jodi in wilderness, ha. Just the master manipulation of consultants/staff to the prison to get those tools in. How anyone could stand to listen to her has always been beyond me, yet apparently, at the very least, the woman accused of assisting the NY duo stated to someone "they made her feel special."

I think the art of conversation can easily dupe some into thinking that individual is truly fond of their presence and entirely miss the fact that they are being conned (at least initially). If anything, JM's a con-artist.

RickshawFan, Mar.2014 revisions to that incentives order were posted here awhile ago. New rules can be found under Director'sInstr #326 - the chart for Max/Lumley is Attachment J.

For some reason, that particular update keeps escaping me. The general drift might be more important than precise details, however.

Ooh, yes, I had been looking for those rules...

Is Jodi in restrictive housing?

That's what I meant, Jodi in wilderness, ha. Just the master manipulation of consultants/staff to the prison to get those tools in. How anyone could stand to listen to her has always been beyond me, yet apparently, at the very least, the woman accused of assisting the NY duo stated to someone "they made her feel special."

I think the art of conversation can easily dupe some into thinking that individual is truly fond of their presence and entirely miss the fact that they are being conned (at least initially). If anything, JM's a con-artist.

Jodi in the wilderness: hiking to Havasupai with 50 lbs of hair products and a hair dryer.

For some reason, that particular update keeps escaping me. The general drift might be more important than precise details, however.

Ooh, yes, I had been looking for those rules...

Is Jodi in restrictive housing?
Yes, I agree that the general idea is that she is now owned and managed by DOC - and they will eventually get her to accept that fact. They've seen it all and from the info re: her mail, they're way ahead of her in terms of controlling her 'celebrity/fan club' activities, fund raising, etc.

She was classed as restrictive housing for the first few weeks, but she's been 'special management' since mid-May when they finalized her custody scores. On the count charts they use 'SMA', but I think that basically means the Max unit (yard 30) @ Lumley - there are currently 103 inmates in that group. It's for females with a 5 custody level. The only other Max classification (other than intake/reception) @ Lumley is Restricted Housing, and there is only one in that group now.

Jodi in the wilderness: hiking to Havasupai with 50 lbs of hair products and a hair dryer.

That always make me laugh. Did she assume the trees and rocks would have electric outlets? If so, there's a certain narcissistic logic there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmariah