Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all that have posted the texts and commented. It has helped put a lot of things in perspective.

Truthfully IMO, whether they had sex the day she murdered him or whether she planted pics or not, changes nothing for me. She was intent on so much destruction, acting with such hatred and rage, which she accomplished unfortunately.

The text exchanges are fascinating in that they show conflicted, mixed messages and just how entangled Travis was with Heinous. What is so sad is that he was in so deep that he couldn't say no and his poor choices combined with her "instability" cost him his life. Oh how I wish he had had the tools, knowledge and experiences to know how to extricate himself from that "relationship". If only...

Long....

March 28-29 2008 texting binge between Travis and E. They texted between 11:45pm to 3:15AM. E had just met him at a "luau" party that night, and had tucked her number into Naps' collar.

The texting would likely have begun earlier had T's phone not died for at least several hours.

The first part of the texting are general introductions. Within a few minutes after travis has begun texting with E, C. Lay texts :

"what do you like better? I want C Lay? Or I want to lay C?

Travis ignores her and goes back to texting with E.

Travis pretty quickly wants to know how old she is. He tells her he's 33 , which makes him some 13 years older then her. Asks, you don't have a problem flirting with a guy 13 years older than you?

She says no, it doesn't bother me . Does it bother you? He says no , my last girlfriend was younger than you...."if there is any reason to avoid me it isn't age. ' Is older men your thing? She says no.

Next T asks what she knows or has heard about him. She says just what's she has seen for herself and that a mutual friend speaks well of him. He also wants to know if she knows Lisa or Elena.. She says she's not close to either, T explains that Lisa is his ex -girlfriend.

She says she knows that, Travis asks how, she said she'd just heard it around.

Travis says that he didn't tell anyone that they had broken up because "I don't like creating enemies, so the less I talked about it the less I could upset her. But it didn't work. She doesn't speak to me now."

She says girls are tricky and impossible aren't we? He responds, "We all process things differently. She's an amazing girl still. I don't think any less of her. Break ups are hard. "

..."when people trash their ex I am always tempted to ask what's wrong with them , to date someone so horrible."

He asks her what attracted her to him...she tells him he's funny. He tells her she looks younger than 20, that she's a little thing. She says everyone always tells her she looks older then 20....and that she likes to think she'll age well.

They chitchat for a bit about interests, and they share several, including travelling.

Travis chides himself for talking too much and starts asking her questions about her Mormonism... born into or a convert, etc., how committed, basically.

He asks her what her greatest weakness is. She says- physical stuff. "Don't judge me!! I try to keep myself out of danger."

Travis says haha. I don't judge you. Me too .....we don't think about (religion?) when things get heated.

E: Very true.
T: Otherwise we wouldn't have any problems.
E: I agree. We all have this problem..
T: "Some more then others. Try being 30. it's hard freaking work."
E: I can't imagine .

T: "it is impossible to be 30 , single, and unscathed."

T: " I'm not justifying my past transgressions, but its a rough road at my age. I'm going against nature."

E: I have no excuse. Or I didn't anyway.:( oh, I don't know. We all have a sex drive. I think its hard on all of us.

Travis sees that her texts are getting shorter, it is 3:15AM, he asks her if she's sleepy, they talk about seeing each other that night, and how much each has enjoyed the texting. Texting ends.

30 odd minutes later, at 3:49am,Travis texts the killer-

"You didn't bring me breakfast."

8:05am. J to Travis. " I hope ur hungry."

10:14 am. T to C Lay: so which one is it?
10:16 am. CLay: I have to say the 1st because the 2nd hasn't been tested yet. ;)
10:16am. T to CL: let's test it then....

(End )

Above BBM

Okay, so I guess my confusion is "who" is E that Travis is texting and ignores CL? He was texting "E" about being 33... right?

Okay, now my head is spinning... when did Travis meet Brooke Rogers, or is "E" really Brooke? LOL... I need a beer.

Also, did Travis have a date with Mimi the same date as the sex tape with the murderess? I guess I could look for myself, but just thought someone has the info handy. If he did, then it wasn't the self proclaimed "goddess" who had him excited, :laughing:

Okay, now my head is spinning... when did Travis meet Brooke Rogers, or is "E" really Brooke? LOL... I need a beer.

Also, did Travis have a date with Mimi the same date as the sex tape with the murderess? I guess I could look for myself, but just thought someone has the info handy. If he did, then it wasn't the self proclaimed "goddess" who had him excited, :laughing:

I'm sorry for the confusion. "E " is not Brooke, and "E" in that exchange is a 20 yr old girl Travis had met that night. It's probably silly, but I just don't feel OK posting the names of the women he texted with who weren't named at the trial or if texts are about explicit flirting.

No I think E was Travis' menu selection. T is Travis and J is Jodi.

I was thinking Jodi troll. She had done this kind of thing before, where she got online and pretended to be someone else.

I don't think she tried to plant pics on his camera. Too complicated, risky, and most of all-- unnecessary. If she had them, all she had to do is print out nude pics of herself on T's bed and to leave them in his desk, where she'd know they would be found.

I think she didn't do that in part because she didn't have any nudes of herself on T's bed, and none of T nude anywhere.

I also can't imagine why she would go through the trouble of bringing her own stick or stealing one to put on T's camera. If she wanted a trophy photo she could have taken a photo of him dead on her own camera.

I think the simplest explanation for the pics is that they were taken that day, and the expressions in their faces in the pics tells me neither felt happy whatsoever that day.

The main problem I have with the nudes is the timing; How did she get her big rear end off that bed and turned around to pick up the camera and positioned herself slightly behind TA to get his photo, where he appears to be asleep in 50 seconds. Talk about run on sentences!!!! I hope you understand what I was trying to say

I'm sorry for the confusion. "E " is not Brooke, and "E" in that exchange is a 20 yr old girl Travis had met that night. It's probably silly, but I just don't feel OK posting the names of the women he texted with who weren't named at the trial or if texts are about explicit flirting.

No, not silly at all. There is so much out there on SM from his journals and texts that I don't see it as outing the girls. JMO

Travis' journal entry dated 5/9, so date with Mimi would be 5/10. Isn't May 10th the date of the sex tape?

5/9/08: Life is good. Life is very good. Anyhow I got my mountain bike, that’s pretty cool. I have a date w/ Mimi tomorrow. I won’t lie, I’m excited but I hope it goes better. Alright I’m done for now. Peace.

FYI

BK has posted on her site the four recent motions from Friday, Nov 6, '15.

Taking advantage of a couple quiet days to post chunks from texts.

This one is from Jan 17, 2008. Part of the text was introduced into evidence during the guilt phase. This is the whole (raunchy) text. You've been warned. :D

Starts at 5:02pm with the killer asking him what he's doing after the briefing. He says I don't know, why?

She says that Mimi's is asking her to work, but she wants to check what he is up to first. Then she says, the reason I am asking about later tonight is because I want to give u a BJ, and I want a nice facial in return. Whaddya say?

Minutes later, no response, she says....or we can just grind.

he says that's a good close. She says... to the evening? He says...there you go.
J- well I agree. Yr house is better, my roommates are light sleepers, thus no laundry at night.
J- let me know when its right time. I AM ALREADY HORNY!! :)

A few minutes later she asks....what did mean by a good close?

T- "alternative favorable option close. Wld u like a BJ or grind? The only choice is what u give them. It's a sales technique."

5:38. T- why don't u just come over now.
J- ooooh! I learned something new. Ok. Would u like to: A. Grind. Reverse cowboy, etc. B. Receive BJ. C. Eat my smooth p-. D. 69. E. All of the above.

............Note:feeling like a *advertiser censored* peddler....Eek.

Travis- E. But let's do it now.
6:04. T- where is my picture.
606. J- headed to the bathroom
636. J- yr wish is my command. And vice versa. ;)
637. T- I mean for tonight.just so you know.
638. J- absolutely.
638. T- good girl.
639. J- My p- IS SO WET!!!!!
640. T- sounds delish
641. J- yes. The perfect dessert. :)
643. T- Can't wait. I'll be home by 9.
645. J- ok. I'll try to keep my fingers out of my p- until then.
646. T- yah. Don't be selfish.
702. J- roommates home tonight?
703. T- nope.
704. J. :)

She tells him that the nearest store is in Phoenix, and that she's going to swing by to pick up her car " for the GPS and tires, " and that she'll put it back.

9:33pm. J - be there in 30. Unless u want braids. Add 10 for that.

936. J- yeah.just finding a lot of fluff so far.
937. J- . Yep!
9:40. J- Yes I think. Will check label. 15? I think?
942. J- Let's go for 18.
10:03. J- Are pony tails ok? Braids take longer.
10:03. J- okey done.
10:05. J- will do. Hands are tied up now. Text u when I'm leaving.
10:07. J- I want to take a bath with you.
10:20. J- I'm dressed like a little *advertiser censored*. I can't go into Walgreen's at this point. Any chance u can go to WalMart or CVS?
10:24. J- is there a Walgreens on ....street?

End of texting for the night. Don't know why only her texts and not his are there for the last bit, as he was definitely communicating with her.

I remember her acting so ashamed and sad telling that stupid story on direct. How TA made her go to the drug store when she was dressed like a little girl *advertiser censored*. But these texts show it was her idea from the start and her talking about her body parts says it all. JM should have put that text on the big screen and impeached her testimony

Taking advantage of a couple quiet days to post chunks from texts.

This one is from Jan 17, 2008. Part of the text was introduced into evidence during the guilt phase. This is the whole (raunchy) text. You've been warned. :D

Starts at 5:02pm with the killer asking him what he's doing after the briefing. He says I don't know, why?

She says that Mimi's is asking her to work, but she wants to check what he is up to first. Then she says, the reason I am asking about later tonight is because I want to give u a BJ, and I want a nice facial in return. Whaddya say?

Minutes later, no response, she says....or we can just grind.

he says that's a good close. She says... to the evening? He says...there you go.
J- well I agree. Yr house is better, my roommates are light sleepers, thus no laundry at night.
J- let me know when its right time. I AM ALREADY HORNY!! :)

A few minutes later she asks....what did mean by a good close?

T- "alternative favorable option close. Wld u like a BJ or grind? The only choice is what u give them. It's a sales technique."

5:38. T- why don't u just come over now.
J- ooooh! I learned something new. Ok. Would u like to: A. Grind. Reverse cowboy, etc. B. Receive BJ. C. Eat my smooth p-. D. 69. E. All of the above.

............Note:feeling like a *advertiser censored* peddler....Eek.

Travis- E. But let's do it now.
6:04. T- where is my picture.
606. J- headed to the bathroom
636. J- yr wish is my command. And vice versa. ;)
637. T- I mean for tonight.just so you know.
638. J- absolutely.
638. T- good girl.
639. J- My p- IS SO WET!!!!!
640. T- sounds delish
641. J- yes. The perfect dessert. :)
643. T- Can't wait. I'll be home by 9.
645. J- ok. I'll try to keep my fingers out of my p- until then.
646. T- yah. Don't be selfish.
702. J- roommates home tonight?
703. T- nope.
704. J. :)

She tells him that the nearest store is in Phoenix, and that she's going to swing by to pick up her car " for the GPS and tires, " and that she'll put it back.

9:33pm. J - be there in 30. Unless u want braids. Add 10 for that.

936. J- yeah.just finding a lot of fluff so far.
937. J- . Yep!
9:40. J- Yes I think. Will check label. 15? I think?
942. J- Let's go for 18.
10:03. J- Are pony tails ok? Braids take longer.
10:03. J- okey done.
10:05. J- will do. Hands are tied up now. Text u when I'm leaving.
10:07. J- I want to take a bath with you.
10:20. J- I'm dressed like a little *advertiser censored*. I can't go into Walgreen's at this point. Any chance u can go to WalMart or CVS?
10:24. J- is there a Walgreens on ....street?

End of texting for the night. Don't know why only her texts and not his are there for the last bit, as he was definitely communicating with her.

ALV tried to label that domestic violence? Why isn't she being held accountable?

She isn't swinging by to pick up his car? I don't understand about her car and the GPS and tires.

It strikes me that a lot of this exchange could be about Jodi having a reason to get hold of his car and she wants it for something that has nothing to do with the sex talk.

Interesting, it seems this pic of JA(with hair colour very similar to what she had in the braids pic) may have been superimposed over one of Brian Bierwiler Photography/Four Alarm Pictures. This is something some of us had speculated she'd done with more than one of her travel pics, both with and without TA. I guess that's one way to keep someone from figuring out what the real date of the pic would be. :/

http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/jodi-arias-close-up/1/
https://www.facebook.com/FourAlarmP...75122.357033087697688/358114234256240/?type=3

Oh, so you're suggesting she photoshopped the nude pictures of herself onto the background of Travis's bed and they were never really taken there???:thinking: Interesting idea, when I first learned to do photoediting, I used to put my dog's swimming pictures on a surfboard, and make it look like we'd been to the Eiffel Tower and Ayer's Rock in Australia- never been to either place. But everyone knew it was a joke, didn't try to claim they were real.

FYI

BK has posted on her site the four recent motions from Friday, Nov 6, '15.

Special appearance to argue State's motion to unseal docs unrelated to her appeal was made by Assistant AG Paul Ahler, head of that "fraud squad."

Ahler also made the motion to seal both his original motion to unseal and the court's response to that motion. All kinds of sealing going on...layers and layers.

But....the best part. The COA's response to her attys' lengthy diatribe about JM and his book and ethical concerns and wanting to see it and have it reviewed and of their assertion that the Superior Court has no jurisdiction over the trial records, yada yada:

Another two sentence smack down..... We, judges 1 2 and 3, received your whine. IT IS DENIED.

:cupcake: (all around). :)

She isn't swinging by the pick up his car? I don't understand about her car and the GPS and tires.

It sounds like she was going to take his car because hers didn't have GPS and probably had bald tires. Wasn't this around the time he would have put new tires on his car? (due to her slashing them)

I know either scenario is possible, but sneaking up on him unawares in the shower introduces an element of unpredictability as to his reaction and risks putting him in an alert and defensive state of mind. Even though he was vulnerable in the shower either way, if he had by chance spotted her from ten feet away, out of the blue, he would immediately be on the defensive and aware that she meant him harm. Much better to get him accustomed to her presence with a false agenda, trusting and vulnerable, and turn on him at the best possible moment, when he was the most helpless and unsuspecting. She knew how to manipulate him, and I believe she would use those skills rather than just sneak up on him like any random intruder.

Your point about the roommates being home at 4am and having to wait until they left is a good one, but it was a weekday so they were probably gone by 8 or 9am.

I think she stun gunned him in the shower- his reaction of fear indicates that he didn't know she was there. She told him she had one (why lie about that?) and in 2-3 of the time sequence shots of the shower there are long jaggy white lines (I think they show the arcing of the stun gun) near his shoulder that I believe are when she stun gunned him to get him into the sitting position- I DO NOT believe these are artifacts on the photos.

Might it have been an "adult" toy store? YIKES, an 18?:shame: I imagine Mesa has stores though, what would be in Phoenix and not Mesa though?

I took the 18 to be a youth size in boy's clothing, e.g. at Walmart. Underwear?

Alternatively.....I'm not sure anyone would jump to the idea that a sex toy might ever be able to get purchased at Walgreens. And, if an adult toy store is what's being explored, there are several possibilities for a size 18: 18 mm in diameter, 18 oz., 18 cm long..

It seems sick to me that Jodi doesn't have any money, but she's turning down work.

She isn't swinging by the pick up his car? I don't understand about her car and the GPS and tires.

She says "my" car. Of course she might have considered everything he owned as hers. Either car could have had GPS but yah, he would have had newer tires since she'd slashed his in December. How casual is her mention of those better tires....

I think you may be right on the money, Hope.

I still feel it was her idea to cozy up to him by using all of her feminine charms (such as they are), get naked and take the pics in hopes of getting invited to Cancun, but perhaps also as sort of a swan song to their relationship. She may have also wanted nudie pics of Travis for the purpose of blackmail or revenge at some point in the future, but once she killed him she knew she had to delete them off the camera card altogether (if they hadn't already been deleted by Travis).

But, the naked pics certainly didn't fit into her pre-formulated road trip alibi because all she had to offer Det. Flores was "I fell asleep", "I got lost", "I was nowhere near Mesa", "I wasn't there", "I didn't do it", "if I hurt Travis, I would BEG for the death penalty", yada, yada, yada.

Yup! Flores blew her away with her nudie pix- her response, "Well it certainly looks like me..." As if!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV