Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes. Remember when Jodi asked Travis to send her something in the mail and to include a handwritten note? That was very soon after she left Mesa - looking back I bet that was part of her plan to learn to write like Travis, or copy/paste his writing to make that letter. Could she really have been planning that far back?

I believe she started making plans as far back as June 2007, perhaps not consciously to murder him, but definitely to make him pay in some way for how she felt she'd been mistreated. She often complained about the time and money she'd wasted on him.

Umm, recycle bin... why would TA put his own journal in the recycle bin... what else did she send him?

If it's in the recycle bin, wouldn't it be an electronic copy? From a CD maybe?

Jodi is interspersing fake texts with her own.....she's setting up material she can go to the bishop about....she is experimenting with this technique....she's trying to figure out what will work....she eventually settles on the sex tape concept.

You know I'm the first one to call Jodi a liar, and we might not know for sure until all the texts come out, BUT, she writes in her manifesto that Travis found out about her trip a week before she started it. a week before was 5/26. I have to listen to the "sex tape" again, but in it, he's responding to her about her trip. He sounds surprised, as if it was the first time he'd heard of it, hence the "why are you going there...?" So it's possible that this section of the sex tape came from 5/26.

From a theory I read, the tapes were in sections on her phone. The court put them together. I wonder how they chose to order them. The problem would be the 5/10/08 date--unless she can somehow manipulate and backdate those on her phone. we know she had the phone the whole time, right?

This is just me speculating. I am speculating that she started recording parts of calls once she moved, so she could hear his voice and get her fix while in Yreka. I think that's why we have segments that don't make sense, like the singing together. What do you think?

She outlined it in the manifesto on page 13 at the bottom into page 14. At the very least, he can't have learned about the trip a week prior, 5/26 -- AND have learned about it 5/10.

I'm also thinking her little CD thing and virus thing might be a coverup for her being on his computer, trying to erase something incriminating. Just a theory right now on that one.

One thing is clear, the texts through April do not talk about him going to see her.

One thing I think is strange. She started coloring her hair before she moved. So I wonder if she wore a wig to rental agency. Though, I wouldn't know how she'd explain that to her BIL. Might be wrong about that, but I wouldn't call her hair color before 6/3 blonde. She did darken it, according to the pictures. I don't know, just pondering.

I'm watching "murder made me famous," and they are positing that 5/26was about her sending him sex offender pamphlets. they believed her story on that?!

Probably yet another of her long winded letters and/or pics to him, likely with some malware attached.

Umm, recycle bin... why would TA put his own journal in the recycle bin... what else did she send him?

No. In the post before, when I originally wrote about this, I said I believed he was talking about the postmark, which is on the envelope. For Val's comment, it can't be electronic if she is surprised it got there already. She said she sent it 2 days ago. If Travis said he got it, but it had been an email, she wouldn't be surprised that it was already there. His first text to her on the subject was about his book. In the post I did on the other page, I showed you how many text messages he was sending because he wanted:

1. the handwritten book
2. pictures on a CD

She was taking her sweet time sending this stuff. First she claimed not to have money. So he made it simpler. He said scan it and email it, and then mail the pages when she had money. He told her to send nap's pictures and the shaving pics via email.

A couple days later, he was helping her with something and sending her something. He was asking for her address. I am assuming it was money because she was over the moon grateful. Then later, he was pissed at her for working on wedding CD's instead of doing what he had asked her to do above. She claimed she started doing it but her computer froze.

Then, on the 16th, he asked for the progress on getting him the handwritten pages. I do not know if she scanned and emailed them as he asked. That's when she tells him she mailed it two days ago. I can't be clearer without posting the text messages somewhere and you know where, Elle, for you to read. This thing with him wanting the pages goes on for several pages in the text stack.

ETA--sorry. You are Val1! LOL. I thought I was replying to Elle at first! Well, this post is for both of you. :)

No. In the post before, when I originally wrote about this, I said I believed he was talking about the postmark, which is on the envelope.

My point is that a recycle bin is on a computer and would also explain how he could have received anything sent within two days, unless it was sent by express/purolator/etc., but if you are suggesting that there was an actual physical item, ie. envelope(isn't a week or more a more common timeframe for delivery for pretty much any regular postal system?), then wouldn't a recycling bin be the appropriate term?

My point is that a recycle bin is on a computer and would also explain how he could have received anything sent within two days, unless it was sent by express/purolator/etc., but if you are suggesting that there was an actual physical item, ie. envelope(isn't a week or more a more common timeframe for delivery for pretty much any regular postal system?), then wouldn't a recycling bin be the appropriate term?

I understand. I used to sell items on ebay, and I was surprised by how fast the items could get to people going first class. I looked at it closer and she must have found money by 4pm and priority mailed it. That would get to him in 2 to 3 days. Back then, priority was about $3 or or $3.95 if I remember correctly from my ebay days. I'm gonna assume priority for 1, the speed, and 2, to track it in case the mail lost his papers.

Here are the reasons I have to conclude it is mail:

1. Travis wanted it mailed. When she whinned about scrounging money to send it, he asked her to scan and email to hurry up, but still, he wanted them and the CDs mailed when she got money.

2. She uses the word "mailed," not "emailed."

3. She's surprised he got it already; surprise wouldn't happen with an email. They go instantly, depending on how big the file is and you know pretty instantly that it did or didn't go. She can see her own email sent date and time in her sent files.

4. She used the word "post-dated." We use "post-marked" on this side of the country, but isn't that usually a postal phrase?

5. I'm not sure if everyone's email is like this, but my email says "trash" or "deleted items." My computer and laptop have recycle bins, but I don't ever remember my email clients naming the deleted emails area "recycle bin." The recycle bin on the computer wouldn't tell him when an email came in. Only the email client will tell him that, right?

6. I cannot imagine, either, that he would want the papers so badly and then put the whole email in the trash --unless he downloaded the file first. But because she has made no mention, by text at least, that she emailed him, I have to assume mail. And since he's reminding her about it, I'm thinking she hadn't done either email or mail to his knowledge until now, on this 4/16 text.

Just had a thought.

Maybe she acted that way because she actually took the money to send it overnight and wanted him to notice she'd done it? That seems like something passive aggressive she'd do. I notice not another text came or went after that. She probably had an attitude that he tossed the envelope away without praising her for scrounging $12 to send it overnight. I think she might have done this because he was ignoring her after she'd whined about trying to do his stuff but the computer blew up.

Thanks for making me look at that more closely.

Is there any evidence that JA and TA had sex while Travis was dating Lisa?

Also, one thing on Interrogation Tape #1 got my attention this evening. Jodi said she knew they started "dating" in early February 2007 (3rd?). She says Travis always maintained he had no idea when they began dating.

I think Jodi slipped up. What I got out of this is I don't think TA even thought of their relationship in dating terms..... In fact, they never went on a single "date", no dinner at a restaurant, no movie, no tickets to a baseball game..... Everything they did, as far as I can tell, she had to pay her share.

I'm going to have to quote here... credit below..

I know saying that Travis really cared about Lisa may sound crazy to some, but he did. Before he was killed, he was in agony because he knew how badly he had messed up with Lisa and how deeply he had hurt her. He was a jerk for cheating on her. He knew it, and he felt awful. I have said more than once that Travis had “commitment issues.”

Hughes, Chris; Hughes, Sky (2015-04-22). Our Friend Travis: The Travis Alexander Story (Kindle Locations 880-882). BookBaby. Kindle Edition.

There is a bit more about how Sky confronted Travis when he asked to take Lisa on a trip to Disneyland. She stated 'good, invite her, then I can tell her you're cheating on her with Jodi.'

Their initial meeting:
He met Arias as "an associate" at a PPL event. He asked her to be his date for a PPL dinner banquet (this was the second week of September 2006). Apparently she couldn't find a dress for the night. Sky let her borrow one, else Travis was eager and seemed let down when she couldn't attend. She introduced herself with enthusiasm from what it seems. The Hughes also held a dinner/PPL networking party at their house a weeknight later. Travis invited JA (the Hughes already felt she was weird but chalked it up to her being an 'artist'). However, he kissed her for a bit that night, and then stopped, he wanted to show her he respected her. Travis was still dating other people, sorry, I am just trying to get the timeline down here so I can't really tell to what degree his interest was in the other(s). At this point, he was not even truly over Deanna.

Sky maintains there's no evidence JA and Travis were ever involved in a *serious* relationship.

The rest of their 'relationship:'
JA was always inviting herself over to the Hughes house on weekends, when she supposed Travis was in town. That's why Sky can't stand her, she got fed up because JA would start coming over unannounced, eventually complain terribly about how Travis *wasn't* interested enough in her (as in commit to her with wedding ring already), and eventually use her stay as a means to divide the Hughes from Travis (painting a dirtier picture of him than was true, which provoked them to rebuke him based on false allegations quite a few times).

Jan 2007, Arias wants Travis to commit to her, she got baptized "for Travis" (JA's words) by November 2006 after all, and initiated the complaints to Sky about his interest in committing to her by then. The entire time, however, she was still living with and involved with Darryl. Jan 2007 was also when Travis started having arguments with the Hughes due to Arias' manipulations. There are a lot of letters/emails between them by this point, and others knew they were dating (something about their social media making it clear enough). He took her to events, group trips and the such. But he was having problems with her the whole time, she was using men like Abe and others (married men) to instigate Travis into marriage. He was not yet over Deanna. In April of 2007, things got even worse, she even got kicked out of the Hughes house during one of her stays (with Travis). At this point, she had issues, conversations, all about Travis with Sky, *A LOT.* There were other observers to the madness - her flirtatious behavior with others. And that's it, end of June 2007, they broke up! He realized she wasn't the one due to all of the craziness. August, she moves to Mesa, goes on a trip with Travis, the Hughes, others, and they argue the whole time. He shouts at her why did she moved to Mesa as she has no other reason aside from him, to do so.

There we go, he met Lisa in August of 2007 and he was immediately smitten, they started dating that month, actually.

There we go, he met Lisa in August of 2007 and he was immediately smitten, they started dating that month, actually.

Thanks for the rundown. It gives a good cyclical overview. The original question was about February 3rd. Jodi made it seem like after that Hughes email fight, travis went ahead and "made it official." I suppose we have no outside corroboration of that. i was under the impression he did it to satisfy Jodi and the Sky, really.

Also, I believe in that a June 2007 journal, Jodi mentions Lisa is over at his house, making brownies with them. Lisa testified that she and Travis began dating in early July. Travis and Jodi "broke up" June 29th. Ironically, brownie day was the exact same days that she made her fateful trip in 2008. June 3rd 2007 was the day Lisa came with Elena to make brownies. They wound up making cookies and it was a disaster. So Jodi was getting a front row seat to Lisa and Travis falling for each other just a year prior to his death. I am starting to think she was looking through his phone for his communications with Lisa. She might have found others, too, but I believe watching him and Lisa might have led to this.

I understand. I used to sell items on ebay, and I was surprised by how fast the items could get to people going first class. I looked at it closer and she must have found money by 4pm and priority mailed it. That would get to him in 2 to 3 days. Back then, priority was about $3 or or $3.95 if I remember correctly from my ebay days. I'm gonna assume priority for 1, the speed, and 2, to track it in case the mail lost his papers.

Here are the reasons I have to conclude it is mail:

1. Travis wanted it mailed. When she whinned about scrounging money to send it, he asked her to scan and email to hurry up, but still, he wanted them and the CDs mailed when she got money.

2. She uses the word "mailed," not "emailed."

3. She's surprised he got it already; surprise wouldn't happen with an email. They go instantly, depending on how big the file is and you know pretty instantly that it did or didn't go. She can see her own email sent date and time in her sent files.

4. She used the word "post-dated." We use "post-marked" on this side of the country, but isn't that usually a postal phrase?

5. I'm not sure if everyone's email is like this, but my email says "trash" or "deleted items." My computer and laptop have recycle bins, but I don't ever remember my email clients naming the deleted emails area "recycle bin." The recycle bin on the computer wouldn't tell him when an email came in. Only the email client will tell him that, right?

6. I cannot imagine, either, that he would want the papers so badly and then put the whole email in the trash --unless he downloaded the file first. But because she has made no mention, by text at least, that she emailed him, I have to assume mail. And since he's reminding her about it, I'm thinking she hadn't done either email or mail to his knowledge until now, on this 4/16 text.

Just had a thought.

Maybe she acted that way because she actually took the money to send it overnight and wanted him to notice she'd done it? That seems like something passive aggressive she'd do. I notice not another text came or went after that. She probably had an attitude that he tossed the envelope away without praising her for scrounging $12 to send it overnight. I think she might have done this because he was ignoring her after she'd whined about trying to do his stuff but the computer blew up.

Thanks for making me look at that more closely.

Thanks for all that... re postdated, the only time I've ever heard the term was in relation to postdated cheques and the recycle bin is where you'd send unwanted files, like pics you don't want or perhaps emailed attachments like scanned files of pedo pamphlets... maybe his email was set up so he'd have to save attachments before he could open them?

No. In the post before, when I originally wrote about this, I said I believed he was talking about the postmark, which is on the envelope. For Val's comment, it can't be electronic if she is surprised it got there already. She said she sent it 2 days ago. If Travis said he got it, but it had been an email, she wouldn't be surprised that it was already there. His first text to her on the subject was about his book. In the post I did on the other page, I showed you how many text messages he was sending because he wanted:

1. the handwritten book
2. pictures on a CD

She was taking her sweet time sending this stuff. First she claimed not to have money. So he made it simpler. He said scan it and email it, and then mail the pages when she had money. He told her to send nap's pictures and the shaving pics via email.

A couple days later, he was helping her with something and sending her something. He was asking for her address. I am assuming it was money because she was over the moon grateful. Then later, he was pissed at her for working on wedding CD's instead of doing what he had asked her to do above. She claimed she started doing it but her computer froze.

Then, on the 16th, he asked for the progress on getting him the handwritten pages. I do not know if she scanned and emailed them as he asked. That's when she tells him she mailed it two days ago. I can't be clearer without posting the text messages somewhere and you know where, Elle, for you to read. This thing with him wanting the pages goes on for several pages in the text stack.

ETA--sorry. You are Val1! LOL. I thought I was replying to Elle at first! Well, this post is for both of you. :)

The way I understand it, this is what was keeping him reeled in.

I still believe the sex tape is one phone call, so I won't touch that one. ;)

But yes, the interaction between the 2 was like she sent them via mail. But how could they up in the recycle bin? That was TAs reply. Unless, there is more than 1 chapter?

And, someone mentioned her reason to go there was to drop off his journals amongst other things, written copies of the book?

I have GOT to quote 6-10-07 to you.

"Yesterday, I sang for Travis. Karaoke rule. I sang 'My Guy' by Mary Wells. Every line in that song is so true. My loyalty and devotion to him runs very deep. I also sang 'Don't know why' by Nora Jones. He was so adorable during this song. He knelt down and watched me w/a smile on his face. He gives me butterflies even after all the time I've known him. He told me later that he liked the way I sing. A huge compliment to me. He's so wonderful in every way. He takes my breath away at times. no joke. JA."

Puke bucket. Do people really write this way after knowing a man 7 months? She's acting like the relationship is brand new. That's why I do not believe that they had all that sex all the time. I think Travis holding off, doing foreplay, making out, and all that made her more "in love" because she was obsessing about what she wasn't getting--or rarely getting.

All this just 19 days before breakup day? Wow.

But yes, the interaction between the 2 was like she sent them via mail. But how could they up in the recycle bin? That was TAs reply. Unless, there is more than 1 chapter?

And, someone mentioned her reason to go there was to drop off his journals amongst other things, written copies of the book?

Her manifesto says she was bringing the chapter. I randomly guessed she was bringing the journals, not the chapters. I think she was lying about bringing the chapters because there's indication that she already mailed them. He didn't throw the chapters away. He threw away the post-marked envelope into the recycle bin, which was possibly in his office. She asked when it was post-dated. He said he threw it away already. therefore, I assume he means he threw away the postdate, which is on the envelope.

Also, I think she said it was the chapters she brought on june 4th because she had permission to have those. She did not have permission to have those journals. And those journals have never resurfaced, have they? I know we have his April journal, but in that, he says that his past journals about Lisa and Jodi are missing. I do believe they are still "missing." I know sky and chris had some of his journals, but unless they've specified which, I think they had all of them except the lisa/jodi time period.

Longing for Lisa as he was, I'll bet money she said, "Travis, let me in. I found your Lisa journals." She probably gave them to him and took them back after the murder. I do not believe the chapters were mentioned in trial. Just the CD's.

I'm guessing she stole those journals to verify that Travis "had been seeing Lisa the WHOLE time," (as she puts it in her journal.) I think her reading that journal is what started the "I'm moving. Well, here's all the guys I was messing with while you were messing with Lisa" drama. Maybe he got her off Lisa's trail after the tire slashing, but she got back ON Lisa's trail when Travis resumed dating Lisa in January and February.

I assumed the sex tape was one call, too, until I realized it was found in several files on her phone, dated the same. I always wondered why that call made no sense, cutting off and jumping topics. I posted in some thread about another person's theory that she taped it at different times on speaker phone and started putting those recordings on her phone in 3 minute segments through the memo recording feature. The person did a VERY elaborate study on this. I'm still getting around to testing the theory but for now, I kind of believe them.

Plus, I kind of believe Travis didn't know about this trip or wasn't planning to see her back as far as may 10th. But we'll see what the texts reveal.

6-17-07

In her journal she has taked to her bishop, and he asks her if she is dating someone. she therefore has to tell him about Travis, which is of "particular interest" to the bishop. She's been yearning to "talk to someone" about him, especially a church member, especially who holds a priesthood because it involves a man.

Whateva, Jodi!

I thought the Bishop's job was to be up in their personal business? Wouldn't her bishop have known this already? Travis baptized her. You can't tell me that if she was going to a church, or if she was even going outside her house, that she didn't tell everyone she came in contact about Travis! Why is she acting like people at her church don't know? He never visited and went to her church? Cause she sure as heck was at his FHEs and stuff when she visited him!

This can't be the first meeting she's had with the bishop since she got baptized in November 2006, can it? It sounds like it -- unless she actually got called in because she really was running her mouth and it got back to the bishop about her trips with travis. In this entry, it says the bishop wanted to know all about the relationship status and warned her about their trips. She believes he was hinting at the law of chastity. "His time and care with me was appreciated...."

People do not look forward to being called into the bishop's office, right? I get that from Travis and Chaitanya's texts. So unless this was a regular meeting of some sort or she requested it, she got called in, right? What's your opinions?

Talk about reputation issues. If I was less than 10 days from a breakup and had talked to my bishop adoringly about Travis, I might want to move, too! LOL

Thanks for the rundown. It gives a good cyclical overview. The original question was about February 3rd. Jodi made it seem like after that Hughes email fight, travis went ahead and "made it official." I suppose we have no outside corroboration of that. i was under the impression he did it to satisfy Jodi and the Sky, really.

Feb 2007 they were NOT exclusive. Sky had the same reaction to Arias' statement under oath.

"Jodi said that she and Travis were not girlfriend/ boyfriend in an email she’d sent to Travis in mid-February."

Hughes, Chris; Hughes, Sky (2015-04-22). Our Friend Travis: The Travis Alexander Story (Kindle Location 1575). BookBaby. Kindle Edition.

This was an email she claimed to send to Abe A., however Abe never received the email is what is written here. And the Hugh fight was in April, so I don't know, but Sky states again there was no evidence of their exclusivity, yet the signs were that they were headed towards a more serious relationship; hence their intervention. Travis may have started to seem happier with her in Feb, but that changed/fluctuated.

Maybe she sent her version of his book and that's what he tossed?

4/16
Travis:completion reminder. My book. =) Have a great day.
reply: Remind yourself. I mailed it two days ago! =)
reply Silly-willy
Travis: I got it. Are you still gonna type it?
reply: Wow,you got it that fast. When is it postdated?
Travis: It's already in the recycle bin. I don't mess around.

BBM. As always, Jodi has the wrong word. "Postdated" means to put a date on your check that's after the date you're handing the check over to the recipient. You do this if you're late with your rent and your paycheck hasn't come in yet. Here "post" means after. Jodi evidently means postmarked.

There has to be a reason why Jodi wants anything about postmarking inserted in that text. She knew when she had mailed it. Travis had the book. Why would postmarking even be relevant?

That's why I think she inserted that line of text herself.

Thanks. This explains it all to me. I thought that was weird, too. The recycle bin. It could be that he put just the envelope in the recycle bin, but why waste your breath on a discussion about an envelope?

Yikes. Remember when Jodi asked Travis to send her something in the mail and to include a handwritten note? That was very soon after she left Mesa - looking back I bet that was part of her plan to learn to write like Travis, or copy/paste his writing to make that letter. Could she really have been planning that far back?

I think she was planning a bunch before this. And I also think she's experimenting with doctoring handwritten text as well as "texts" and such.

To me "recycle bin" here sounds like the Windows version. But there could be an ambiguity. It could mean the blue box you keep in the mud room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove