Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG. I just found this "old" post for The Purple Plum. Their site shows new owners who renovated and the food looks yummy. :happydance:

"Purple Plum is now looking to hire, one server with experience, and one very good cook. Both able to handle the pressure of a busy shift with a smile on your face. Drama free only. Please inquire at the restaurant. DO NOT CALL. Thank you."

One of the most hilarious parts of ALV's testimony, IMO, is that she called herself "old-fashioned." I anticipated that she meant she didn't want to question JA about various bluash-able sex acts and practices. But NO. She was too "old fashioned" to ask about who brought the KY? Bwahaha! She's too "old fashioned" to be familiar with KY or want to talk about it? It's not like KY is a modern novelty! In fact, KY is quite "old-fashioned"! [She's never seen it in a doctor's office?] It's so G-rated, they sell it at Walmart. It's so old-fashioned, I don't think they generally sell it in sex-toy shops, which represent the latest and greatest in adult play.

Ironically, too, the whole KY thing demonstrates that Jodi is quite out of touch when it comes to modern pleasures. She seems to assume she's oh so cutting edge! Quite the contrary, Jodi's quite "old-fashioned" in this regard! I think this is hilarious too.

That's what you call a cheap ho, never willing to upgrade. Oh but she used to use baby oil. :laughing:

According to one author discussing SWSD (Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs)

“While Snow White may have been a poster-child for the fairest and most innocent of them all, “Snow White” is also a street term for cocaine! Snow White and cocaine may both be powder-white, but let us take it a step further: Snow is cocaine, which causes exhaustion (Sleepy), mood swings (Happy, Grumpy), allergies (Sneezy) and alteration of personality (Bashful, Dopey) eventually resulting in a trip to the doctor (Doc)”.

According to one author discussing SWSD (Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs)

“While Snow White may have been a poster-child for the fairest and most innocent of them all, “Snow White” is also a street term for cocaine! Snow White and cocaine may both be powder-white, but let us take it a step further: Snow is cocaine, which causes exhaustion (Sleepy), mood swings (Happy, Grumpy), allergies (Sneezy) and alteration of personality (Bashful, Dopey) eventually resulting in a trip to the doctor (Doc)”.

Well, we could also do the Freudian interpretation and, well, there's the domestic violence interpretation. Using ALV's evaluation process, we are unlikely to be able to do the "context", the "big picture" or "the collaterals", so where does that put us with SWSD?

I did finally come to the conclusion that JM in the SWSD line of questioning was arguing that mapping DV onto a fairy tale like SWSD is exactly what ALV was doing by mapping DV onto Jodi's fairy tale of lies.

Who could ever forget the silly frog story? Ribbitt...Ribbitt:frog:

LaViolette: There is an analogy that if you throw a frog in a pot of boiling water, the frog is gonna' boil, but it is gonna' jump out. But if you put a frog in a pot of water and slowly turn up the flame, the frog gets boiled because its gradual and it doesn't know what's happening.

Wilmott: Oh, okay. So can I guess to abusive relationships, when they're gradual like this, the person doesn't necessarily have that reckoning, that it is happening to them? Is that what you mean?

LaViolette: Yes, that is what I mean.

ALV may have told the jurors about how a "frog" reacts but she purposely didn't tell the jurors how a "snake" (JA) reacts.

A snake will squirm, slither, sneak, and crawl out of that water and bite you no matter what temperature the water is.
:devil:

I especially don't think they had sex on the murder day, since from the texts, Travis evidently had other irons in the fire. He had been juggling many other options, and was enjoying flirting and close proximity with many women. I would guess that he actually had his head together enough to overrule his privates and be able to push Jodi away sexually, simply because he had some way better stuff going soon, if not right away. Jodi had become completely irrelevant.

Does anyone think Jodi might have followed through on her murder plan that day because Travis wouldn't have sex with her? He made her leave and then she came right back with the weapons when he was in the shower?

The things she said in the first hour of her interrogation, when Det. Flores asked her why she felt guilty:

She said because Travis wanted her to see her so badly and that she just couldn't make it (she said this in her usual rather child-like whiny tone) he kept texting her for sex, she ignored him often after moving out from Mesa (TA wanted her to stay *cough*), she broke up with him, rarely would he not text her back, often calling three times if she didn't answer her own texts *choke* (i got a little tipsy when I was watching this, but i made notes). IMO, she was getting more and more ticked off because he denied to drop everything and visit her (see her sing? or whatever it was that she really wanted).

I always thought her grip was fading towards the end. Not just because of Mimi. Because don't exes usually say enough is enough, Travis would have moved on just fine.

A remarkable thing about this interrogation, IMO, is how much detail Flores already had (just a few weeks after the event) about so many aspects of the investigation, including the reality of JA's and TA's relationship, that TA was a "player", etc. He was on top of all the names, events, perspectives, texts....Some of the vocabulary might have been on purpose to irk Jodi (e.g. the "player" and "flirt" words made her flinch), but EF was exactly right on as it eventuated. All that footwork and all that detail going on in one's head was an immense achievement for such a new project.

I saw that, she kind of jumped when he referred to TA as smooth with the ladies. Lol, I laughed, I am sure he was saying it (regardless of his own courting ethics), to get that reaction as well.

I especially don't think they had sex on the murder day, since from the texts, Travis evidently had other irons in the fire. He had been juggling many other options, and was enjoying flirting and close proximity with many women. I would guess that he actually had his head together enough to overrule his privates and be able to push Jodi away sexually, simply because he had some way better stuff going soon, if not right away. Jodi had become completely irrelevant.

Does anyone think Jodi might have followed through on her murder plan that day because Travis wouldn't have sex with her? He made her leave and then she came right back with the weapons when he was in the shower?

JMO
I have flipped back and forth quite a bit about that. I finally concluded that they probably did have 1 last sex escapade after Jodi may have convinced Travis to have sex 1 last time "for old time sakes" and convincing him that she will leave him alone after that day. Like good bye for good sex.

I think JA went there to try to convince Travis to take her back and take her on that trip. I think the trip was driving her crazy with the thought of Travis taking someone else on that trip.

I think it ate at her and she finally couldn't stand the thought of someone else alone with Travis on that trip.

So after arriving at his house her plan was to try to win him back and she convinced him to have sex one last time and she thought he may change his mind. I think what happened after the sex was Travis finally told her he had to get ready for his trip and told her to leave and she knew her plan was to kill him if he didn't take her on that trip and take her back.

As far as the pics I think they were a mix of some old ones and some from that day. Remember how she told us that they would sometimes take photos and then immediately delete them from the camera. I think that is what she was telling him as she took some of them. I think she also deleted the sex pics in front of him to try to prove to him they were gone off the camera. But I think she also had some others on another camera card and some got merged together while he was in the shower. I think part of her plan was to leave some sex photos on the camera to exploit him but then realized police would think she may have killed him if they somehow found out she was in the area. She thought she had a good alibi but was not totally confident about the pics after thinking about it at his house so chose to take the camera with her instead of trying to be sure all were deleted. It was a last minute decision to take the camera to make it easier. But....

After she killed him she went on a mission to clean up everything and I really think she had placed the camera on top of the washer with the lid open as the cycle started. I think it fell into the washer by accident and as she threw more stuff in the washer she just couldn't find the camera anywhere. She was running out of time and had to leave it there. Someone could have came home and she heard a noise downstairs and may have had to leave abruptly.

I maybe wrong about some of this because I keep flip flopping on some thoughts about it.
She was such a bizarre person that other theories could be true about her intentions and actions.

That is what made this case so intriguing is she was a very bizarre person. A lot of people in their circle under estimated how bizarre she truly was.

Imagine how Ryan felt after he learned what she did. I bet he feels lucky to be alive in a way.
If he had somehow got in a heated argument with her then there is no telling if she would have snapped on him and killed him too.

JMO
I have flipped back and forth quite a bit about that. I finally concluded that they probably did have 1 last sex escapade after Jodi may have convinced Travis to have sex 1 last time "for old time sakes" and convincing him that she will leave him alone after that day. Like good bye for good sex.

I think JA went there to try to convince Travis to take her back and take her on that trip. I think the trip was driving her crazy with the thought of Travis taking someone else on that trip.

I think it ate at her and she finally couldn't stand the thought of someone else alone with Travis on that trip.

So after arriving at his house her plan was to try to win him back and she convinced him to have sex one last time and she thought he may change his mind. I think what happened after the sex was Travis finally told her he had to get ready for his trip and told her to leave and she knew her plan was to kill him if he didn't take her on that trip and take her back.

As far as the pics I think they were a mix of some old ones and some from that day. Remember how she told us that they would sometimes take photos and then immediately delete them from the camera. I think that is what she was telling him as she took some of them. I think she also deleted the sex pics in front of him to try to prove to him they were gone off the camera. But I think she also had some others on another camera card and some got merged together while he was in the shower. I think part of her plan was to leave some sex photos on the camera to exploit him but then realized police would think she may have killed him if they somehow found out she was in the area. She thought she had a good alibi but was not totally confident about the pics after thinking about it at his house so chose to take the camera with her instead of trying to be sure all were deleted. It was a last minute decision to take the camera to make it easier. But....

After she killed him she went on a mission to clean up everything and I really think she had placed the camera on top of the washer with the lid open as the cycle started. I think it fell into the washer by accident and as she threw more stuff in the washer she just couldn't find the camera anywhere. She was running out of time and had to leave it there. Someone could have came home and she heard a noise downstairs and may have had to leave abruptly.

I maybe wrong about some of this because I keep flip flopping on some thoughts about it.
She was such a bizarre person that other theories could be true about her intentions and actions.

That is what made this case so intriguing is she was a very bizarre person. A lot of people in their circle under estimated how bizarre she truly was.

Imagine how Ryan felt after he learned what she did. I bet he feels lucky to be alive in a way.
If he had somehow got in a heated argument with her then there is no telling if she would have snapped on him and killed him too.

Bizarre is not the correct word, dangerous, very dangerous would be better, and. Am sure there is even a better word to use.

As to her saying they would take pictures and delete them....the murderer is a liar, I do not believe this at all. She is a proven liar. She knew exactly what she would do with any pictures she took. The rest of your theory could be one of many theories, but I thnk she would have killed Travis no matter what, just a matter of time.

Thanks for posting a link directly to the sandwich eating portion. It really is ...weird, in a way I can't quite express. Rickshaw's right that it is animalistic, as in feral. Ignoring the sandwich, pretending indifference, sniffing for danger, then attacking it, ripping off pieces of it with her giant hands or with her teeth, smacking loudly, going back to ignoring it until she attacks it again.

I've never seen anyone eat like that...

Such precision for anything or anyone she consumes.. That must be what she does to other inmates... the last one was begging to get away from her, she probably celebrated that day.

Active link below HERE16~123.GIF

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 38m38 minutes ago
Wishing @_nurmilaw the best...cancer is very devastating and A life changer. My thoughts are with you at this time

http://nurmilaw.com/cancer/

Has anyone seen this update from Nurmi? Must be why he was wearing that stupid hat to cover his bald head in that one interview...

A lymphoma might be a very good reason to get a book out quickly and sloppily, especially in the very uncertain days between when you learn it might be advanced and when you learn that the chemo might be effective. I am sure a person would be influenced by the reality that every day could be their last to be lucid.

Snipped...

I have always believed that the camera went into the washer with everything else because after murdering Travis, and cutting her finger on the knife - she needed to clean her blood off of the camera because she deleted pics after the murder(and her finger was bleeding).

I also believe that's why she moved his body into the shower and washed it off, and watered down the floor - to get rid of and/or dilute her blood evidence. She forgot about putting her hand against the wall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

With all the talk about whether or not the photos were taken and deleted that day I have more questions. JA's painfully looooong speeches tell us that she and Travis were reviewing and deleting photos as they took them. My question is; Was there really enough time between photos in the shower to go through the process of deleting? If I remember correctly Juan said it was a five part process to delete a photo. Were there other photos? Did she have enough time to view and complete that process?

I agree, he threw he out and she came back thru that window with the missing screen, that they found on the ground.

Active link View attachment 85376

Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 16m16 minutes ago
WATCH | Kirk Nurmi shares details from his controversial new book, including #JodiArias' behavior with male... http://fb.me/6QbcYzveA

He just can't shut up. But one of the comments on the video said he had cancer. I hadn't heard that before. I hope he beats it, if he does have it. no one deserves that awful disease, even CMJA. He may be winning the talking heads over like Monica Lindstrom and Beth Karus, but he is not winning the general public over. And definitely not the good people here at WS.:happydance:

She might have overthought the thing with the DNA, since she had to leave every single thing pertaining to the lunch in that room and, besides, she was under their control although she doesn't seem to have figured that out yet even though her feet were in shackles during that 2nd day of interrogation.

Remember when she told Flores she felt so powerless. She knew she could not control those detectives and she was losing it at that time.

Has anyone seen this update from Nurmi? Must be why he was wearing that stupid hat to cover his bald head in that one interview...

Well I guess that confirms it. I sincerely hope he does beat it. My former neighbor, age 56, was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in September of 1998 and died in 2001. He had several years of remission. I hope Nurmi gets more than a few years. I hate cancer. My husband died of cancer and so did his mother and father at very young ages. Cancer is a very evil disease.

With all the talk about whether or not the photos were taken and deleted that day I have more questions. JA's painfully looooong speeches tell us that she and Travis were reviewing and deleting photos as they took them. My question is; Was there really enough time between photos in the shower to go through the process of deleting? If I remember correctly Juan said it was a five part process to delete a photo. Were there other photos? Did she have enough time to view and complete that process?

Not only was there not enough time between pics to review/delete but had any been deleted they would have gone to unallocated space and their files overwritten by subsequent photos - none of the shower pics had been overwritten and were fully recoverable by Melendez.

I haven't read upthread yet but will shortly, just wanted to weigh in on your question. I took a little time away from this case for mental health reasons (after a while it just drives ya crazy lol).

Very sorry to read Nurmi's blog post, I wish him well and hope it happens that after his last chemo he'll be cancer free. If you read here Nurm (and I betcha do ;)) best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfred1221