Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she went to Lake Powell at all, we know she was in Mesquite because of the debit on her bank statement and going to Lake Powell from Mesquite would have added 9 extra hours to her drive up to SLC. Not that she couldn't have, given how much extra time there is between the VM to Travis and her arrival in SLC but I doubt it since I'm not sure the 3 cans of gas would have gotten her to LP and then SLC (617 miles from last gas purchase in Mesquite).

It would not be 9 hours..... it would be 55 miles one way out of her way, going back and forth on the interstate. She could have done that to "prove" she hadn't gone to Arizona.

March timeline, comparing texts, etc. with her journal entries. (Text and journal information are from Beth Karas On Crime subscription website. I've paraphrased both journal entries and texts).

Saturday March 1 - Sunday March 2.

(On Thursday Travis is desperately trying to meet his player's club end of the month quota and the killer is "helping." This is when she first gets Zach's number.

On Friday Travis had his rock climbing date with Mimi. He texted her a thanks for the date around 11pm. At 11:51pm the killer texts him that his garage door is open, he tells her to close it, she says close it yourself, she’s halfway home).

Saturday. 3.1.08 (from texts). TA text-flirting with CL. Into the early AM, ask each other if they’re going to the tax seminar next day, neither commits to going and they agree to check with each other in the morning to ask. At 9:40am CL tells TA she’s not going.

Right before 11am killer texts TA-I have an idea, he says -oh boy, she suggests going to the pizza place he was planning on taking her to the week before, but she blew him off and went to Las Vegas instead. Because there are “4 hours open now.”

He doesn’t respond. 11:20am she texts- guess that means no.

He replies to a Sky text at 11:51am, then no texts until a 6:55pm blast about his UFC party in 40 minutes.

She texts him at 9:28pm that she hopes he is enjoying the party, and can she drive his car to church the next day, that she’ll return it someday afterwards. He says sure. A little before midnight she says she’s out and about, can they switch cars now? Next and last text is from TA to CL at 1:47am saying she had stood him up.

Note: This is the day (Saturday) she says Travis hit her in the car when she told him she was moving back to Yreka.

Sunday. 3.2.08. (texts). Texted with Lisa a few times before noon, friendly, about safe topics. Next texts are around 4pm.
TA is having brake problems with her car- she tells him to pump the brakes, that she herself is stranded and needs his help, she’s missed church; then, never mind I solved the problem but I know you would have rescued me.

ALL of these texts are sent within a minute- at 4:06.

Travis replies- at 4:22 -- you don’t keep your word. Just return my car.

Three minutes later he invites folks over for a cookie bake, telling friends he’s in a bad mood and needs cheering up. He tells Michelle he has drama to tell her about.

The killer leaves him a message while his friends are over, he tells her that and that he’ll save her some cookies. Friends stay at least until 11pm.

She texts him at 2:04AM that “you try so hard to be wonderful and you are.”

COMPARE:

Sunday. 3.2.08. (her journal). Went to TA’s on Friday. Fell asleep cleaning, was there when he came back from Mimi rock date. Seemed to go OK.

On Saturday Travis picked me up to go to the tax seminar. We didn’t go, though. Ate out for breakfast at Fili B's (a Mexican restaurant, fwiw).

On the way back from that I told him I was moving back to Yreka, and some things I’ve wanted to say for a long time. Bittersweet…..he kissed me 3 wonderful sweet times.

I also told him I wouldn’t be doing PPL anymore. Then we went back to his house so I could pack up a few things, but we got naughty instead. Moving will help with that. I helped him clean for his UFC party. I don’t like UFC, but Lonnie asked me over to watch it there, and I went and enjoyed it.

Travis called after me after I got home and we talked for an hour and a half. We made jokes about Facebook and what our kids would look like. “Just funny funny.”

(A second journal entry for Sunday, March 2). Wish I could turn back the clock and make different decisions. Anxious about moving. Need to “breathe deeply and flow.” Looking forward to seeing Luna and siblings (She’s flying back to photograph a cousin’s wedding).

Is that the cookie bake where TA tried to make a special cookie just for Lisa?

Would it make sense she could go to Lake Powell before visiting the friends (Ryan?) house OR is that totally out of the way?

I see that it is not too far from Hoover Dam area.

It's not at all close to Hoover Dam, and there's no direct route since the Grand Canyon is in the way. However, I'm still thinking on the Lake Powell option.

Does anyone recall where her phone pinged when she left that awful phone message for Travis? When she called RB?

I suppose her grandparents could also have had a silencer that got stolen along with the .25. They might even have forgotten they owned such a thing so that it wasn't reported missing.

Lake Powell was an unlikely way to get to SLC from Mesa, since her phone pinged in NW Arizona IIRC not far from Kingman. I believe she also had some receipts from the Las Vegas area. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

On the other hand, I don't put any stock in whatever she told Byrnes about her whereabouts when she called.

The Lake Powell route does have some potential—theoretically she could have seen a sign that Las Vegas was around 100 miles away (a detail she gave to RB)—but dropping murder weapons downstream from the dam would have been a really bad plan, since the Grand Canyon is chock a block with tourists, rafters, hikers, paddlers.... Upstream, a murder package could have become snagged on the dam intakes and/or got itself beached as the reservoir lowered.

She might also have considered the Lake Powell route but decided not to go that way. She's such an interstate kind of gal, and I doubt she had a chance to scout out Lake Powell. When was that "Lake Powell!" written?

Does anyone know exactly where her phone pinged? Per the EF interrogation, I thought it was in NW Arizona not in the same valley as the interstate, but I've seen on this forum that it was Kingman?

If she went via Lake Powell, she coulda got to SLC a bunch sooner than she did....

BBM - April 9, 2008 according to what I could see in her journal on BK's site.

Her phone apparently pinged from a tower 45 miles North of Kingman(which according to the testimony would have put it 12 miles from the NV border).

She testified that while at TA's house on the 4th she realized that she wasn't going to be able to reach Lake Powell before sunset-- the route she said she intended out of AZ on her way to SLC. So she stayed awhile longer to make Travis happy.

There was no point to that testimony except as a lie. What difference did sunset make? None.

It would not be 9 hours..... it would be 55 miles one way out of her way, going back and forth on the interstate. She could have done that to "prove" she hadn't gone to Arizona.

I was trying to figure out the difference in mileage to see how that added up with the mileage we know she must have used from that 2834 total and totally confused myself... I may try again on a not so "blonde" day.:facepalm:

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/02/11/jodi-arias-trial-tragic-roadtrip

I don't think she went to Lake Powell at all, we know she was in Mesquite because of the debit on her bank statement and going to Lake Powell from Mesquite would have added 9 extra hours to her drive up to SLC. Not that she couldn't have, given how much extra time there is between the VM to Travis and her arrival in SLC but I doubt it since I'm not sure the 3 cans of gas would have gotten her to LP and then SLC (617 miles from last gas purchase in Mesquite).

Mesquite to SLC is 340 miles, all on the interstate.

Sorry everybody, I have to throw another monkey wrench to our baffling timeline. Almost don't want to post what I found, but this fact may become handy later...

[video=youtube;LdKpVpc-ank]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdKpVpc-ank[/video]
Day 33, retrial, Brown's testimony
Watch from 21:00 to 23:30.

According to Brown, Travis' computer was set on Pacific Standard Time (California time).
And because his computer automatically adjusts to Daylight Savings Time,
The time on computer (ie, 2:44 pm in June) = Arizona time (ie, 2:44 pm in June)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other words,
During winter (Nov - Mar) : Mountain Standard Time = AZ time
During summer (Mar - Nov) : Pacific Standard Time = AZ time
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other words,
During winter : Travis' computer 1:44 pm = AZ time 2:44 pm.
During Summer: Travis' computer 2:44 pm = AZ time 2:44 pm.

So the spybot access time was at 2:44 pm, because it was during summer. (if Brown is correct vs Neumeister)

Was 1:44 in the original scheme crucial? Or does 2:44 still work?

She writes this:

5/30/08: Well, I’ve decided to go next week to Utah. I’m pretty stoked about it. It works for my budget & my schedule. Plus, I’ll have 2 whole days to spend w/Ryan. I’m hoping to hit up a few National Parks that are on the list while I’m there and I’d be stoked if Ryan came w/me. Definitely Zion N.P. & maybe even Lake Powell, although it might be too far out of the way, perhaps the Utah side? I’ll have to MapQuest it.

Was 1:44 in the original scheme crucial? Or does 2:44 still work?

Very crucial.
1:44 pm = probability of sex in the afternoon is very small if that.

2:44 pm still works for me, because I always thought that T's camera time is incorrect.

If Travis' camera was set to Greenwich time by default.

-YouTube activity
4:08 am Daft Drunk
4:11 am Daft hands
4:15am Daft Hands Double Speed

-Youtube web proxy
4:24 am

-G mail
4:30 am

-travisalexander.net
4:33 am
4:35 am

-Enrique leaves
6 am

-Nude pictures (?????????????????)
6:42 am - 6:47 am + 2 w/no date and time

-Shower pictures
10:22 am - 10:33 am

-Chris texts to Travis
10:51am
JA to Chris
12:13 pm

- Spybot access (JA in T's bedroom, door locked, Zach has no idea T is gone)
1:44 pm or 2:44 pm (Neumeister or Brown)

-Zach comes home 3 - 4 pm

-Last activities on laptop
3:34 pm -per Martinez direct Melendez
4:19 pm - per Flores report (email activity)
4:54 pm - per Wilmott cross Melendez

-Enrique comes home
6 - 6:30 pm

She writes this:

5/30/08: Well, I’ve decided to go next week to Utah. I’m pretty stoked about it. It works for my budget & my schedule. Plus, I’ll have 2 whole days to spend w/Ryan. I’m hoping to hit up a few National Parks that are on the list while I’m there and I’d be stoked if Ryan came w/me. Definitely Zion N.P. & maybe even Lake Powell, although it might be too far out of the way, perhaps the Utah side? I’ll have to MapQuest it.

This is all irrelevant, a retroactive invention, because there was no reason to be in Pasadena except that she planned to go to Mesa. And if she didn't need to go to Pasadena, the best way to get to SLC from Santa Cruz is on I-80, directly across northern Nevada. 400 (?) miles from the route she took, 400 miles from Zion. She would have had to travel 797 miles on I-80 vs. 952 on a route that went through Las Vegas from Santa Cruz.

Lake Powell is nowhere near Zion... And the "Utah side" is ummmm across the river from the "Arizona side"? Same diff? Her whole 5/30 bla bi di bla is a crock. Even the language is rediculous: it's so stiff and fakey.

All of this was for the benefit of LE. Hilarious that it's one of the first things she got interrogated about, since it was all so bizarre-o.

Is that the cookie bake where TA tried to make a special cookie just for Lisa?

No. Travis and Lisa had broken up for the 3rd and last time mid-February. The killer's role in that contributed greatly to T's depression and anger from March through May 28.

Just for perusal (although I still don't think Lake Powell was on the itinerary, don't think she had the gas for it):

MesaLPMeqsSLCmap.jpg

MesaMesqLPSLCmap.jpg

This is all irrelevant, a retroactive invention, because there was no reason to be in Pasadena except that she planned to go to Mesa. And if she didn't need to go to Pasadena, the best way to get to SLC from Santa Cruz is on I-80, directly across northern Nevada. 400 (?) miles from the route she took, 400 miles from Zion. She would have had to travel 797 miles on I-80 vs. 952 on a route that went through Las Vegas from Santa Cruz.

Lake Powell is nowhere near Zion... And the "Utah side" is ummmm across the river from the "Arizona side"? Same diff? Her whole 5/30 bla bi di bla is a crock. Even the language is rediculous: it's so stiff and fakey.

All of this was for the benefit of LE. Hilarious that it's one of the first things she got interrogated about, since it was all so bizarre-o.

Yep. Her May entries were definitely written after her 3 phone interviews with Flores gave her (she thought) some clues about what holes in her story she had to fill.

Ryan Burns didn't seem to have any interest in traipsing about with her. He was working and focused on PPL.

She didn't have the opportunity to shape- shift into a Ryan's perfect companion persona....

Very crucial.
1:44 pm = probability of sex in the afternoon is very small if that.

2:44 pm still works for me, because I always thought that T's camera time is incorrect.

If Travis' camera was set to Greenwich time by default.

-YouTube activity
4:08 am Daft Drunk
4:11 am Daft hands
4:15am Daft Hands Double Speed

-Youtube web proxy
4:24 am

-G mail
4:30 am

-travisalexander.net
4:33 am
4:35 am

-Enrique leaves
6 am

-Nude pictures (?????????????????)
6:42 am - 6:47 am + 2 w/no date and time

-Shower pictures
10:22 am - 10:33 am

-Chris texts to Travis
10:51am
JA to Chris
12:13 pm

- Spybot access (JA in T's bedroom, door locked, Zach has no idea T is gone)
1:44 pm or 2:44 pm (Neumeister or Brown)

-Zach comes home 3 - 4 pm

-Last activities on laptop
3:34 pm -per Martinez direct Melendez
4:19 pm - per Flores report (email activity)
4:54 pm - per Wilmott cross Melendez

-Enrique comes home
6 - 6:30 pm

Is it known what was accessed on his laptop in that 3-5pm stretch? An email to whom? Need more info to even guess who might have been using the laptop then.

But.....the timing of the computer activity fits JM's sex-computer-shower timeline.

Just for perusal (although I still don't think Lake Powell was on the itinerary, don't think she had the gas for it):

View attachment 87730

View attachment 87731

There's something wrong with the mileage on those maps... Is the program maybe set to roundtrip or something?
Page is 288 miles from Mesa
SLC is 387 miles from Page or 427 miles, depending on route.

There is about a 110 mile detour if you go to Mesquite, using the 427 route.

I have personally driven a lot of that trip...

Screen shot with map scale: Screen Shot 2016-01-20 at 9.49.37 PM.jpg

There was no point to that testimony except as a lie. What difference did sunset make? None.

Well, sure sunlight makes a difference if one is sight seeing, which was the point of the 1,000 places list, which she used as a dessicated fig leaf for her murder-tour.

There's something wrong with the mileage on those maps... Is the program maybe set to roundtrip or something?
Page is 288 miles from Mesa
SLC is 387 miles from Page or 427 miles, depending on route.

There is about a 110 mile detour if you go to Mesquite, using the 427 route.

I have personally driven a lot of that trip...

Dunno, it's google's standard route for those legs, I didn't select any specific road(s) to travel on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc