Series 2 of Making a Murderer announced

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What is wrong with Len Kachinsky? Time hasn't done him any favours- it's like he can't even talk properly now.

He really aged, didn't he? I am not sure, but I do think he may have been or is battling cancer.

I started episode 6 last night, didn't finish it and I have been busy all day, hoping to watch a few more tonight, but have to work tomorrow :( They could have waited until xmas again to release it when I have more time LOL

I started watching MaM 2 as soon as it dropped.

Watching KK again is nauseating, and watching Brendan get interviewed again is as hard to watch as it was the first time. It was sad to see him (and the family) get so excited about his possible release. Poor guy just wants to go home and eat a hamburger and fries :(

There is a support FB page for Brendan, with an address where to write him. And it gives a link to putting money on his commissary. I'm going to do both. He is a very kind person and is not only innocent of murder, but from all I can tell, innocent of any kind of cruelty, ever.

He was just a child when he was coerced into a clearly false confession. The grownups handling that interview had to have known there were problems, when the physical evidence contradicted the entire confession. Horrifying.

Last edited:
There is a support FB page for Brendan, with an address where to write him. And it gives a link to putting money on his commissary. I'm going to do both. He is a very kind person and is not only innocent of murder, but from all I can tell, innocent of any kind of cruelty.

I used to be on a support page on FB where Karla and Sandra posted but I had to change my account and forget the page name.

I totally agree re Brendan, he wanted to leave his dominos for others to play in his unit. What a miscarriage of justice, he has lost all his formative years :(

I used to be on a support page on FB where Karla and Sandra posted but I had to change my account and forget the page name.

I totally agree re Brendan, he wanted to leave his dominos for others to play in his unit. What a miscarriage of justice, he has lost all his formative years :(

I'm not sure whose page I'm on. But they are NOT asking for money directly, so I have a feeling it's on the up and up. Brendan Dassey Project

I just double checked. It's out of Australia, so not the family, but it gives links that are useful if you want to help.

steven avery & brendan dassey project (official family discussion page)

I think that is the one you are looking for.

Just a note: always be very careful about who and where you are sending anything to! I have followed for the last 3 years, I like some of the facebook pages, but I don't post on them, I'm a bit of a worrier though and wouldn't want my personal information out there ;-)

Netflix's Making a Murderer: Season 2 Review

But again, there's not a huge amount of new material to cover here. Season 2 lacks the novelty that fueled Season 1's popularity, and it also struggles to justify such an in-depth exploration of the events of the past three years. There's simply not enough meaningful content to justify ten hours of new content. A follow-up special, yes. A whole season, not really.

Making a Murderer simply doesn't have the same impact in Season 2 it had the first time around. Part of that is simply the lack of novelty. Viewers know this story intimately now, and there's not much new to add three years later. But the series also fails to satisfactorily address the criticisms of Season 1 when it comes to its one-sided narrative. Barring any major developments in the years to come, perhaps it would be best if Season 3 moves on to new territory.

Netflix's Making a Murderer: Season 2 Review - IGN

Making a Murderer Part 2 is more entertainment than investigation. It feels a little gross.

The continued absence of the Halbachs and their feelings in season two shades the way viewers think not only about Making a Murderer but also about who does participate on behalf of the Halbachs. It’s particularly icky listening to Halbach’s college friend provide season two’s voiceovers defending the Halbach family— the thought being that if Halbach’s immediate family didn’t want to appear on the show, how much of a “friend” could this person really be?

In concert with season two’s gory mannequin blood splatter reenactment and responses to viewer conspiracy theories, it really makes you think about the Halbach family’s 2015 statement regarding the show being more entertainment than a thorough investigation. Making a Murderer unfortunately feels more like the former than the latter.

Making a Murderer Part 2 is more entertainment than investigation. It feels a little gross.

He really aged, didn't he? I am not sure, but I do think he may have been or is battling cancer.

I started episode 6 last night, didn't finish it and I have been busy all day, hoping to watch a few more tonight, but have to work tomorrow :( They could have waited until xmas again to release it when I have more time LOL

He has aged a lot since the MAM1!
Although he is reprehensible, I do give him credit for agreeing to be on MAM2.

I still haven't finished the series, dang work getting in the way!

KZ tweeted this morning:

The only 2 questions: 1. On 11/3 who knew SA’s finger re-bled & he went to his trailer to get tape? 2. Who had access to SA’s burnpit on 11/4-11/5 bf cops arrived to plant bones from a burn barrel?-hint Bear did not bark. @lifeafterten @michellemalkin #MakingAMurder2 #KillerId

looks like she is still going with Bobby?

I understand Zellner will be conducting a 'live' commentary on Episode 5 of series 2.

jjpeb3wlktt11.png

#askzellner hashtag on Twitter

Making a Murderer: Was Season 2 Worth the Wait?

While it was definitely interesting to dissect details about bullet fragments and sweat DNA — and more than once you were probably left wondering whether Avery would have been convicted if any of Zellner's experts had been called to the stand to cast doubt on the state's case - there was a lack of suspense and energy to the second season that made it more of a chore to watch than a pleasure. There was also that niggling little feeling that this whole "righteous search for the truth" was only happening in order to create Making a Murderer Part 2 rather than out of any burning need to actually free Avery.

Making a Murderer: Was Season 2 Worth the Wait? | TV Guide

‘Making a Murderer’ Review: Part 2 Is a Long, Painful Look at Old Evidence with Little New to Say

“Making a Murderer” was never an impartial examination of a two-sided case. It was and remains an advocacy piece, meant to draw out empathy for Avery’s repeated victimhood at the hands of a corrupt judiciary system. At its best, “Making a Murderer” exposes issues beyond Avery’s case, making his unfair treatment an example from which Americans should learn.

If the new episodes manage to create another sensation around Avery’s case and help right an injustice — or, somehow, prove justice has been done — it’s a valuable endeavor. But right now, Part 2 feels like false hope, and the filmmakers would’ve been better off waiting for something to happen before pushing out another wearying report.

‘Making a Murderer’ Review: Part 2 Is a Long, Painful Look at Old Evidence with Little New to Say

Personally I found the second series to be every bit as compelling as the first - even though I was familiar with many of the events documented in the second series before viewing it.

I would recommend it to anyone interested in the functioning of our court system in the United States, and its impact on real people.

Some might find it 'boring' but this is a documentary, not a drama.

Personally I found the second series to be every bit as compelling as the first - even though I was familiar with many of the events documented in the second series before viewing it.

I would recommend it to anyone interested in the functioning of our court system in the United States, and its impact on real people.

Some might find it 'boring' but this is a documentary, not a drama.

In a way, I think it's funny that some people think that we should have heard or seen something more in the series. Some of us have followed all these years, and there were only a few things that were "new" to me (I have only made it to episode 6). I have enjoyed watching the conversations with the experts, and seeing the family clips, but I totally agree with you @proudfootz this is a documentary, not a drama.

After reading several reviews I doubt there will be a season 3.

Probably a few episodes in I thought about watching something else. But things started getting good. There were a few things that were new to me. And it kept my interest. I wanted an episode 11....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back