Shannan Gilbert Found, death declared an accident. #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, I did not realize you were a man until just now.
I did not say you have to see eye to eye with me; but throwing up non sense BS does not help anyone. Just like your post where you said there was no current in the brambles and then the next sentence you said the current carried her pants 300 yards.
I do not have ot say anything; you say enough yourself.

Read what I wrote, not want you want to hear. There is no current back there. The wind moved the items along the surface of the water, once there was enough water to float them. That's my reasonable theory/explanation of how her belongings were separated from her remains. You seem to call anything not in line with your own thoughts "nonsense BS".

Are you saying that unless I start to see things the way you do, I'm not welcome here? If I weren't a man, there'd be some kind of rolling on the ground laughing smiley face right here in place of these words.

Here, have some quiche. :poke:

I am not suggesting there wasn't some nefarious activity with the camera system. I was just trying to explain it from my past experiences with these sort of things.

My guess is the tapes were intentionally allowed to be erased to cover up something the residents didn't want known. With SCPD most anything is possible and probably is.

In the Tankleff Case the communications broadcasts just 'disappeard' like a fart in the wind. SCPD and DA said the system failed for a critical time when the cops were gathering up Marty Tankleff, calls were being made to the SCPD advising them Marty had a lawyer. PooooooF, just like that it disappeard. Never happened before and hasn't happened since. SCPD has now been in business for 52 years.

continued.........a few years back a certain person(s) believed to be 'important' members of the SCPD caused an anonymous phone call to me made to a very high ranking police official's wife. The call was made to inform the wife that her husband was carrying on with a certain well known female. This is what some veteran SCPD officers have told me.

The lady takes the phone call and goes berserk. Takes the keys to the police car ( her husband is asleep) and goes riding on the highways and byways in a police car while using the police radio to advise the troops her husband is a cad.

Next thing I hear is "they" rush down to Communications to erase the tapes. But they can't do that because the tapes are on a digital format. My source explained that can't be done anymore.

A real man who won't use smilies but loves the quiche. :floorlaugh:

More like a single man who would never make it himself or order it out anywhere, but really likes when someone is making him breakfast and would never complain about what's being served.

Now let us skip to my favorite topic: The Case of my SIL as it relates to video tapes.

The charge that stuck was the burglary of the King Kullen Supermarket on 11/8/99.
The testimony of the informant suggests all concerned were present inside and outside the KK for at least one hour. Documented evidence strongly suggests it was more like 13 minutes. It changes the whole story.

The camera and alarm system was not as sophisticated in 11/99 as it is now. One thing they ALWAYS had was that little black 'eye in the sky' globe over-looking the safe.

This was a major burglary by anyone's standards. When you break into a store to drill open a safe it does attract attention. The officer charged with writing up the complaint will usually secure the videos of the incident. In this case it would have been what was on tape for the entire hour between 1:03 and about 2:03. The 'eye' would have captured the images of those attempting to drill open the safe. It is usually taken and given to the detectives. There was NO such tape offered into evidence.

King Kullen has their own investigation department. They had at least 4 retired cops on staff. One such investigator responded to the scene several hours after the burglary. There is ONLY ONE piece of paper from this officer. Where the heck is the entry about the tape over the safe? OK, maybe it was broken or not turned on. Who knows because it has NEVER been accounted for. If it was it disappeared like that 'fart in the wind.'

I have been to KK Investigations. It sits right outside of the main offices of the KK executives. One would think a chief investigator looking to keep his job is going to go overboard with reports to his boss, if only to show how thorough he and his investigators are. All I got was a couple of sheets of paper from an investigator. No recommendations to corporate to upgrade the system, ( which they did shortly after that burglary) nothing!

The police officer charged with writing up the burglary complaint and securing any tapes was the officer that got the job twice and NEVER showed up until after the burglary was confirmed by the SIL. Truth is he avoided all efforts on my part to speak to him. He was safely stored at the Marine Bureau by that time patrolling the shorelines for Nazi submarines. Maybe he was the Marine Bureau guy that got the SG call....it seems to fit.

The SHORT and TALL of all of the above is: IF SCPD AND THE DA ARE TELLING US SOMETHING YOU CAN USUALLY COUNT ON IT NOT BEING TRUE.

A couple of points here, Peter.

First just because one has no evidence of an event taking place, that does not preclude that event having happened. For example, I have no awareness how my ancestor died, but he still died.

Second, if somebody accused you of doing something nefarious, I think you would not be silent. In this age of instant communication most people at least make an attempt to clear their name.

Third, the point here is not if CPH 'did it' but if CPH met SG that night.

MOO

Yeah, and from there spawned the theory of that one-legged super sprinter who hunts girls through Oak Beach in King Laurin's cape (because nobody actually saw CPH, all witnesses saw only SG). Yeah, right!

More like a single man who would never make it himself or order it out anywhere, but really likes when someone is making him breakfast and would never complain about what's being served.

Arrrrrg...I have no defences against charm. :thud:

THANK YOU.

I have spoken to three of those junior people on the phone today and two from another news agency and all five of them basically said the exact same thing as you posted! They admit that names get mixed up sometimes as a result of the pressures put on them by their supervisors to be the first news source to release the story. Then they also told me "off the record" that sometimes they write stuff that they "heard through the grapevine" and then later find out that the grapevine was full of ***** (not my words, it was theirs!).

I am waiting for an official email response so I can post it here. The "off the record" info I received today is that there is only one (YES ONE) resident in all of Oak Beach who is spreading rumors that CPH told neighbors that he saw SG running away in the night. When asked to go on record, that neighbor would not do so. When asked for the names of the other neighbors who allegedly heard CPH make this statement, he could not produce them. Seems like this one neighbor has much trash talk to say about CPH but he cannot put any credibility behind his claims. Forgive me if this should be posted in the "rumors" discussion instead of here. I promise to post the official response. Hopefully it will cover some of what was spoken to me.

and, sadly, that neighbor has had his own agenda since day 1

Inquiring minds want to know,

Has the neighbor been mentioned in the media?

Does he post on this forum?

So the plot thickens, I guess I won't ask for his name from fear of the wrath of the mods. but if he was pushing that agenda on here with no evidence to back it up and after LE says they don't think foul play is involved, thus the sleuthing of the case at hand is interrupted and derailed. If I were a mod I would come down on him like a pile of bricks.

Read what I wrote, not want you want to hear. There is no current back there. The wind moved the items along the surface of the water, once there was enough water to float them. That's my reasonable theory/explanation of how her belongings were separated from her remains. You seem to call anything not in line with your own thoughts "nonsense BS".

No I just belive in physics. Any ebb and flow creates a current. But please continue to defy them.

No I just belive in physics. Any ebb and flow creates a current. But please continue to defy them.

Hey, we have that in common. I'm a physics/science type myself.
The movement of water back there seems to be where we see things different. While I'll agree that the filling and emptying of that marsh would create some type of current, the one time event that filled it to where the items floated did not create the repetitive tidal ebb and flow you were talking about when you mentioned ropes and maybe jeans tying themselves in knots around poles, branches and bones.

A couple of points here, Peter.

First just because one has no evidence of an event taking place, that does not preclude that event having happened. For example, I have no awareness how my ancestor died, but he still died.

Second, if somebody accused you of doing something nefarious, I think you would not be silent. In this age of instant communication most people at least make an attempt to clear their name.

Third, the point here is not if CPH 'did it' but if CPH met SG that night.

MOO

That depends. If someone was accusing you of something you would only know if you heard or read their comments. If CPH is not doing the rounds of WS and similar sites, he would probably be completely unaware of what is being said.

And even if he was, there would be no point in responding. Going after anonymous random people is a no win situation, it costs money and will only attract more attention to any misinformation they are spreading. Plus, as soon as you correct one, another will pop up somewhere else and start it all over again. It is like trying to put moles down.

If you want to try to experience what it will feel like, go to any high activity WS thread and correct a popular misconception - I guarentee that in a day or less your post will be 50 or 60 posts back and forgotten by everyone else, who will continue with the original misconception as though nothing happened :). You can try, but after a while you come to realize that it's pointless. :fence:

Hey, we have that in common. I'm a physics/science type myself.
The movement of water back there seems to be where we see things different. While I'll agree that the filling and emptying of that marsh would create some type of current, the one time event that filled it to where the items floated did not create the repetitive tidal ebb and flow you were talking about when you mentioned ropes and maybe jeans tying themselves in knots around poles, branches and bones.

A deposition will reveal if she was wearing her jeans when she ran out of JB home. Her jeans would have been found with her remains if they were on her when she went running down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member