Shannan Gilbert Found, death declared an accident. What do you think?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously we need a link to the prison record for sex trafficking. If one isn't provided, this information will be removed.

here is a link that Robin Sax discussed SG being human trafficked
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xatfi4RIjcE"]Robin Sax | Shannan Gilbert human trafficking victim - YouTube[/ame]

I dont know how to find a record from a prison regarding MP
i do know how to find the footage of Robin discussing MP being prosecuted and spending time in (jail? prison?) for bringing a woman over the ocean - in a commerical airplane wiht a false passport.

he was proscetuted (spelling?) for human trafficking.
i dont know how to find the prison record - i only know that robin sax has said it numerous times.

not wishing to defame or slander his name
so feel free to take down the......post.

On camera Pak stated that she said "you guys are trying to kill me".
I think Pak is telling the truth with that statement, he would know better than to lie on national tv, after being interrogated by LE and having his statements corroborated by the 911 call.

It is verified, but I don't think Pak was trying to kill anyone, nor do I think his bringing an illegal into the country can or should be viewed as sex trafficking. That statement is slanderous. You can't go around calling every illegal alien in this country a sex worker and anyone that helped bring them here a sex trafficker, that is extremely ignorant and irresponsible. (I'm not saying you said that PAX)

TS I know your work on this case and I appreciate your passion, a quick question, you want me to believe PAK when he says SG was screaming someone was trying to kill her, so are we supposed to ALSO believe Pak when he told police SG had a HISTORY of flipping out in this same fashion at other John's houses, and for no reason?

Human trafficking is defined as the illegal trade of human beings for the purposes of reproductive slavery, commercial sexual exploitation, forced labor, or a modern-day form of slavery. [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_trafficking"]Human trafficking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Yes you have millionaires, you also have laid off financial advisors, you also have doctors who declared bankruptcy.

You also have LE who may want to "cover up" the truth, until they can get their man, and so that they can catch their man. That is the only cover up I think is happening. If the public or media knew everything LE knew, the whole investigation would be blown, you would never be able to catch let alone convict the SK if the whole world knows who he is.

Also, TKM, you are grounded enough not to believe the hogwash that is spread by LE for the purpose of their investigation. Not everybody can see that, some of them will always believe that SG was scared to death by the 10+ ghosts of sex workers past.

The one person we should all be interested in is the NON-LE person in this world who is trying to convince everyone of the same hogwash as LE. That NON-LE person isn't actually investigating anything, he is trying to spin a web of lies over your eyes but his behavior has become transparent in the process. His motive is clearly to convince everyone there is no SK on jones island. Those who can see through the web of lies know the truth. LE knows, people close know, I know, at this point he is merely "a #@#$ing rat in a maze".
BBM

And who would that person be? Are you trying to suggest those of us who feel it may be an accident are somehow in cahoots with or trying to protect a possible serial killer?

Obviously we need a link to the prison record for sex trafficking. If one isn't provided, this information will be removed.

here is the link....

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-18559_162-20078763.html?pageNum=4

and here are the paragraphs....

Pak, who also wouldn't go on camera, told "48 Hours" he drove around looking for Shannan for about an hour. He couldn't find her, he says. So he left.

"If you are the driver and you are responsible for this girl's transportation back home, you would think you'd give it a little more than an hour. At least to wait until the police came to force them to start looking together to be able to find her," says Sax.

Michael Pak is another odd character in this strange story. He's a dog owner - obsessed with his pet Chihuahuas, dressing them up in YouTube videos.

But Michael Pak is also a convicted felon, having served time in federal prison for conspiracy to misuse a passport.

"Michael Pak has his own checkered history," Sax explains. "He was arrested...for bringing in a Chinese lady to the United States."

Robin is talking of his human trafficking - but - again - as already stated - i dont know how to look up a prison record for a person.

here is the link....

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-18559_162-20078763.html?pageNum=4

and here are the paragraphs....

Pak, who also wouldn't go on camera, told "48 Hours" he drove around looking for Shannan for about an hour. He couldn't find her, he says. So he left.

"If you are the driver and you are responsible for this girl's transportation back home, you would think you'd give it a little more than an hour. At least to wait until the police came to force them to start looking together to be able to find her," says Sax.

Michael Pak is another odd character in this strange story. He's a dog owner - obsessed with his pet Chihuahuas, dressing them up in YouTube videos.

But Michael Pak is also a convicted felon, having served time in federal prison for conspiracy to misuse a passport.

"Michael Pak has his own checkered history," Sax explains. "He was arrested...for bringing in a Chinese lady to the United States."

Robin is talking of his human trafficking - but - again - as already stated - i dont know how to look up a prison record for a person.
Thanks for the link, I do need to point out that conspiracy to misuse a passport is NOT the same as SEX/HUMAN TRAFFICKING, big difference in fact.

TS I know your work on this case and I appreciate your passion, a quick question, you want me to believe PAK when he says SG was screaming someone was trying to kill her, so are we supposed to ALSO believe Pak when he told police SG had a HISTORY of flipping out in this same fashion at other John's houses, and for no reason?

That new tidbit from the newsday article never said Pak. It is presumptuous to assume he is talking about Pak. just another one of the many mistakes many people here are making.

"During the investigation, I interviewed an individual who drove Gilbert to her "dates" in the past."
http://www.newsday.com/opinion/letters/letter-all-out-effort-for-shannan-1.3473520

That individual could be Diaz or any number of people we don't know.
If you don't make mistakes, this case can be seen more clearly.

BBM

And who would that person be? Are you trying to suggest those of us who feel it may be an accident are somehow in cahoots with or trying to protect a possible serial killer?

No. Just that some are easily persuaded.

To be clear, if the serial killer wanted to blur the line between his boogey man SK life and his "normal" life he could have attended this party, known that he couldn't "murder" this girl because she was connected to the house and the party yet still enjoy his sadistic ways via sneakily slipping a (potentially lethal) drug into her drink, then send her an ominous txt message ("we are all going to kill you in this house") or violent picture from his burn phone once he knew she would be tripping, this would instill massive fear in her, resulting in her "irrational" behavior and seemingly accidental death. This scenario is plausible and is reminiscent of the behavior of poisoning deaths by sk doctors, or sk women in the past. (See Dr. Swango and arsenic to co-workers).

This is one possible scenario that explains all of the known oddities of this case.

Thanks for the link, I do need to point out that conspiracy to misuse a passport is NOT the same as SEX/HUMAN TRAFFICKING, big difference in fact.

Hi Paximus.

I am not a lawyer - but i do know that MP went to (prison) as Sax points out - for trafficking. When you go to court - a lawyer makes a deal with the prosecutor - and his deal (on paper) was misusing a passport.

<modsnip>

I am not a lawyer so i don't know how to ....word...it...appropriately.
sorry about that. I also don't know how to look up where he went to prison - or his criminal record. I have no idea how to look those up.

MP is lieing about a few things...which can not be discussed here.
but the truth will come out - it is just taking a little more time than anyone expected.

The more a person lies - the easier it is to prove their lack of credibility - in a court of law. Isnt that so - Paximus? you know the law.

No. Just that some are easily persuaded.

To be clear, if the serial killer wanted to blur the line between his boogey man SK life and his "normal" life he could have attended this party, known that he couldn't "murder" this girl because she was connected to the house and the party yet still enjoy his sadistic ways via sneakily slipping a (potentially lethal) drug into her drink, then send her an ominous txt message ("we are all going to kill you in this house") or violent picture from his burn phone once he knew she would be tripping, this would instill massive fear in her, resulting in her "irrational" behavior and seemingly accidental death. This scenario is plausible and is reminiscent of the behavior of poisoning deaths by sk doctors, or sk women in the past. (See Dr. Swango and arsenic to co-workers).

This is one possible scenario that explains all of the known oddities of this case.
BBM, that goes both ways, TS.

On camera Pak stated that she said "you guys are trying to kill me".
I think Pak is telling the truth with that statement, he would know better than to lie on national tv, after being interrogated by LE and having his statements corroborated by the 911 call.

It is verified, but I don't think Pak was trying to kill anyone, nor do I think his bringing an illegal into the country can or should be viewed as sex trafficking. That statement is slanderous. You can't go around calling every illegal alien in this country a sex worker and anyone that helped bring them here a sex trafficker, that is extremely ignorant and irresponsible. (I'm not saying you said that PAX)

This is true, as slimy as I think Pak is, IIRC it has never been stated as fact that he bought the woman into the US for prostitution and he claimed otherwise.

Human trafficking is defined as the illegal trade of human beings for the purposes of reproductive slavery, commercial sexual exploitation, forced labor, or a modern-day form of slavery. Human trafficking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I do think we need to make a clear distinction on different types of people who get involved in the sex business: there are those who are trafficked as defined above, there are those who are desparate and feel they have nowhere else to turn, but there is also a group of young domestics- my friend who was a male prostitute being one of them- who sell themselves either for drugs or for easy money or both. It is my understanding from everything I've seen-MOO, but strongly supported I think- that SG falls into the last category. She was a smart girl who graduated from high school and was going to college, her family appears to be of modest means but not destitute, she had no children to support, etc. I have a hard time swallowing that she was a "victim of trafficking".

I think SG was likely a victim of some type of foul play although I'm waiting on more evidence and regardless of how she perished, the situation is sad to the nth degree. But to imply that she was trafficked to me is pushing it. I think she chose the lifestyle.

JMHO.

Robin Sax's opinions are interesting, but they do not meet the litmus test for facts on this site.

I know that, if anyone can find factual documentation of MP's record, the excellent sleuthers here will do it.

In the meantime, please move the focus of this conversation back to what happened to Shannan, and off the speculation about human vs sex trafficking.

:tyou:

I can find it. Just give me a minute. I just woke up. First cup of coffee.

I do think we need to make a clear distinction on different types of people who get involved in the sex business: there are those who are trafficked as defined above, there are those who are desparate and feel they have nowhere else to turn, but there is also a group of young domestics- my friend who was a male prostitute being one of them- who sell themselves either for drugs or for easy money or both. It is my understanding from everything I've seen-MOO, but strongly supported I think- that SG falls into the last category. She was a smart girl who graduated from high school and was going to college, her family appears to be of modest means but not destitute, she had no children to support, etc. I have a hard time swallowing that she was a "victim of trafficking".

I think SG was likely a victim of some type of foul play although I'm waiting on more evidence and regardless of how she perished, the situation is sad to the nth degree. But to imply that she was trafficked to me is pushing it. I think she chose the lifestyle.

JMHO.
Good points but we werent discussing SG being a victim of trafficking, the discussion was whether PAK was charged with sex trafficking or not, he wasnt, he was charged with conspiracy to misuse a passport.

Anyway we have been asked to move on from that and I will do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans