Shannan Gilbert's 23 Minute 911 Call

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI - A certain ranking officer who would have had a lot of inside information on this case was supposed to have had a girlfriend that worked as a lawyer in Spota's office. I was told he would never tell the truth of what he may know because Spota would have fired her. I can only tell you of what I was told by others with ties to the SCPD.

I am also of the belief this officer was a well regarded officer in SCPD, but when Burke became Chief Thief in Charge that officer was taken out of homicide squad and re-assigned back to regular detective duties and resigned.

more lATER if you are interested....

FYI - A certain ranking officer who would have had a lot of inside information on this case was supposed to have had a girlfriend that worked as a lawyer in Spota's office. I was told he would never tell the truth of what he may know because Spota would have fired her. I can only tell you of what I was told by others with ties to the SCPD.

I am also of the belief this officer was a well regarded officer in SCPD, but when Burke became Chief Thief in Charge that officer was taken out of homicide squad and re-assigned back to regular detective duties and resigned.

Is there any transcript of Joseph Brewer’s statement to police investigators?

It seems that the police investigators are buying Joseph Brewer’s story that Shannan Gilbert came to his in the middle of the night for a social call with a complete stranger. There were no drugs involved and he didn’t have sex with her because he thought she may have been a man. She then suddenly freaks out, he asks her to leave, she refuses and calls 911. She tells 911 that she people are trying to kill her and then runs off in the early morning and is never seen alive again, and he is cleared of being a suspect?

Are these cops or comedians?

Even a 5th grader reading Sherlock Holmes and Encyclopedia Brown can figure out that there is a lot missing from that story.

I think if one follows the tales of a former detective commander one would be asking many questions. This fellow appears to have vanished from the scene and he probably is one of a small handful that knows more about Gilgo than anyone else.

This fellow rose from the ashes of banishments to take charge of 2 of the most publicized investigations in Suffolk history: 1. Gilgo. 2. Oheka Castle/Melius shooting. This commander, IMO, is fully competent to handle both investigations and then all of a sudden he is gone like a puff of smoke ? Could it be it resented the idea that Burke and Spota were planting their guys in these cases because they needed to control the cases? I mention SCPD Criminal Intel Commander James Hickey. As you folks know by now even Spota and McPartland have said Hickey is a liar. But I have been saying that for 15 years now

Is there any transcript of Joseph Brewer’s statement to police investigators?

It seems that the police investigators are buying Joseph Brewer’s story that Shannan Gilbert came to his in the middle of the night for a social call with a complete stranger. There were no drugs involved and he didn’t have sex with her because he thought she may have been a man. She then suddenly freaks out, he asks her to leave, she refuses and calls 911. She tells 911 that she people are trying to kill her and then runs off in the early morning and is never seen alive again, and he is cleared of being a suspect?

Are these cops or comedians?

Even a 5th grader reading Sherlock Holmes and Encyclopedia Brown can figure out that there is a lot missing from that story.

White Rabbit, based on your number of postings, you maybe relatively new to this case. This sad comedy has been going on for years. I believe the SCPD would have buried this case on day 1 if it were not for the the public's awareness of the existence of the 911 tape.

BTW besides Brewer the SCPD bought the stories of Hackett and Pak as well.

The transcripts of the official statements of Joseph Brewer, Michael Pak and Peter Hackett are not available to the public due to this being “an active investigation”.

The transcripts of the official statements of Joseph Brewer, Michael Pak and Peter Hackett are not available to the public due to this being “an active investigation”.

Of course it is 'an active investigation'. The question is how one defines 'active'?

According to the following documentary the police say that the case of Shannan Gilbert is not linked to the Gilgo Beach 4. However, John Ray believes that Shannan Gilbert and the Gilgo Beach 4 were murdered by the same person. Does anyone believe that Shannan Gilbert ran through the bramble behind Peter Hackett's house, actually made it to Ocean Parkway before dawn, and then ran into the same killer as the Gilgo Beach 4? It would be the perfect storm of coincidence.

According to the following documentary the police say that the case of Shannan Gilbert is not linked to the Gilgo Beach 4. However, John Ray believes that Shannan Gilbert and the Gilgo Beach 4 were murdered by the same person. Does anyone believe that Shannan Gilbert ran through the bramble behind Peter Hackett's house, actually made it to Ocean Parkway before dawn, and then ran into the same killer as the Gilgo Beach 4? It would be the perfect storm of coincidence.

It is my understanding that the marsh/bramble, at the time, was so thick and difficult to move in no one was able to run, let alone traverse to Ocean Parkway.

It really does not matter if the LISK was involved in Shannan's death, or somebody else was. Law Enforcement has not apprehended anybody.

It is my understanding that the marsh/bramble, at the time, was so thick and difficult to move in no one was able to run, let alone traverse to Ocean Parkway.

It really does not matter if the LISK was involved in Shannan's death, or somebody else was. Law Enforcement has not apprehended anybody.
SCPD used Suffolk DPW and some of their machinery to get around the marsh. You can see it in some of the pics. Those machines make things significantly more efficient, but it is certainly not impossible for an individual to run through there in full fight-or-flight mode. Having spoken to individuals with knowledge of wetlands, the landscape on a marsh can change very quickly. You could be running on open, seemingly firm ground with low-growing vegetation and instantly be running through reeds then instantly into thick muck that acts like quicksand. Looking at the location of where she was found, most of that appears to be that low lying and level vegetation. She likely would have been able to run quite a bit, until she couldn't.

While I do believe the SG case to be related to LISK, I do not believe her to be a homicide victim in the usual sense.

Last edited:
There are 3 separate cases here:

Shannan Gilbert
The Gilgo Beach 4 & Asian Male
Jessica Taylor, Valerie Mack, Jane Doe & Baby Doe

3 PATS - At times I wonder how many of those bodies were homicide victims in the usual sense.
I hear ya. I'm just saying, as I know you are aware, that I believe she truly did either get stuck in the marsh or faint in the marsh and subsequently expire. Drowning or not. The others? Completely different story...

There are 3 separate cases here:

Shannan Gilbert
The Gilgo Beach 4 & Asian Male
Jessica Taylor, Valerie Mack, Jane Doe & Baby Doe
Technically, yes, but I do believe SG to be tied to GB4 very closely (read: same POIs).

Just curious, why do you look Asian Male with GB4?

Technically, yes, but I do believe SG to be tied to GB4 very closely (read: same POIs).

Just curious, why do you look Asian Male with GB4?

With the understanding that my theories on these cases comes from researching information that is available to the public and using deductive reasoning I believe:

1) Shannan Gilbert was a victim of involuntary manslaughter. Shannan Gilbert is scared out her mind at Joseph Brewer's house and runs down the road to Gus Colletti's house. She then runs from Gus Colletti's house down Anchor way, and Michael Pak interacts with Gus Colletti. After the interaction with Gus Colletti Michael Pak follows Shannan Gilbert down Anchor way. Shannan Gilbert knocks on Barbara Brennan’s door and when there was no answer she runs across the street to the house of Peter Hackett. Perhaps Michael Pak catches up to Shannan Gilbert here. Peter Hackett advises that he is a doctor and invites them into his house. He then administers some type of medical treatment (perhaps an injection of some type of barbiturate) to Shannan Gilbert with Michael Pak present. The treatment calms Shannan Gilbert enough that she is able to leave with Michael Pak. She has a subsequent reaction to the treatment administered by Peter Hackett, on top of the other substances in her system, in Michael Paks SUV shortly after leaving Peter Hacketts house. Michael Pak panics at an unreponsive Shannan Gilbert. Michael Pak remains in Oak Beach until he feels the coast is clear and Law Enforcement has left. He subsequently dumps Shannan Gilbert’s body into the marsh (she may still be alive and unresponsive or may have already succumb to a lethal mix of drugs in her body). He takes her belongings and places them within the vicinity of Peter Hacketts house. He then leaves Oak Beach.

2) The Gilgo Beach 4 were murdered by Unsub.. The time frame matches and the modus operandi is identical. Asian Male was not strangled but was murdered by blunt force trauma to the head. My theory regarding Asian Male is that he was the first to meet up with Unsub in 2006. Unsub realizes Asian male is a transvestite and in a fit of rage beats him to death as opposed to strangling him. Maureen Brainard-Barnes is then killed in 2007. In 2008 Unsub possibly has a traumatic event in his life, i.e. loss of parent, injury, incarceration, etc.. In 2009 Melissa Barthelemy is killed. In June, 2010 Megan Waterman is killed. In September 2010 Amber Lynn Costello is killed. In December 2010 the first victims are discovered and Unsub stops using Ocean Parkway to dump his victims. I believe Unsub is still killing and using a different area to dump victims.

My psychological profile of Unsub partially based on the FBI profile:

a. He is a white male in his mid-30s to mid-late-40s.

b. He is financially secure.

c. He lives or used to live on or near Ocean Parkway on the South Shore of Long Island

d. He may have had a domineering mother.

e. He is very charming and attractive to women of the victims age group.

f. He has an explosive temper and a history of violent episodes.

g. He may suffer from limerence and have a history of heartbreaking relationships with women.

h. He has a history of drug abuse.

i. He may have relatives or close friends who are in law enforcement.

j. He was familiar to Megan Waterman and Amber Lynn Costello prior to the night he murdered them.

3) Jessica Taylor, Valerie Mack, Jane Doe No. 7, Baby Doe were killed by John Bitrolff. The modus operandi murder (dismemberment) is identical and the links to Manorville fit here.

Please let me know what you think.

IMO from what I have learned over the years James Burke is a good fit for all the categories from A - J

I believe James Burke is corrupt, but I’m having a hard time believing you can be chief of police and a serial killer at the same time. Also, James Burke being a public figure, Amanda Barthelemy surely must have been able to hear his voice and know whether or not it is the same as the person who tormented her over the phone.

With the understanding that my theories on these cases comes from researching information that is available to the public and using deductive reasoning I believe:

1) Shannan Gilbert was a victim of involuntary manslaughter. Shannan Gilbert is scared out her mind at Joseph Brewer's house and runs down the road to Gus Colletti's house. She then runs from Gus Colletti's house down Anchor way, and Michael Pak interacts with Gus Colletti. After the interaction with Gus Colletti Michael Pak follows Shannan Gilbert down Anchor way. Shannan Gilbert knocks on Barbara Brennan’s door and when there was no answer she runs across the street to the house of Peter Hackett. Perhaps Michael Pak catches up to Shannan Gilbert here. Peter Hackett advises that he is a doctor and invites them into his house. He then administers some type of medical treatment (perhaps an injection of some type of barbiturate) to Shannan Gilbert with Michael Pak present. The treatment calms Shannan Gilbert enough that she is able to leave with Michael Pak. She has a subsequent reaction to the treatment administered by Peter Hackett, on top of the other substances in her system, in Michael Paks SUV shortly after leaving Peter Hacketts house. Michael Pak panics at an unreponsive Shannan Gilbert. Michael Pak remains in Oak Beach until he feels the coast is clear and Law Enforcement has left. He subsequently dumps Shannan Gilbert’s body into the marsh (she may still be alive and unresponsive or may have already succumb to a lethal mix of drugs in her body). He takes her belongings and places them within the vicinity of Peter Hacketts house. He then leaves Oak Beach.

2) The Gilgo Beach 4 were murdered by Unsub.. The time frame matches and the modus operandi is identical. Asian Male was not strangled but was murdered by blunt force trauma to the head. My theory regarding Asian Male is that he was the first to meet up with Unsub in 2006. Unsub realizes Asian male is a transvestite and in a fit of rage beats him to death as opposed to strangling him. Maureen Brainard-Barnes is then killed in 2007. In 2008 Unsub possibly has a traumatic event in his life, i.e. loss of parent, injury, incarceration, etc.. In 2009 Melissa Barthelemy is killed. In June, 2010 Megan Waterman is killed. In September 2010 Amber Lynn Costello is killed. In December 2010 the first victims are discovered and Unsub stops using Ocean Parkway to dump his victims. I believe Unsub is still killing and using a different area to dump victims.

My psychological profile of Unsub partially based on the FBI profile:

a. He is a white male in his mid-30s to mid-late-40s.

b. He is financially secure.

c. He lives or used to live on or near Ocean Parkway on the South Shore of Long Island

d. He may have had a domineering mother.

e. He is very charming and attractive to women of the victims age group.

f. He has an explosive temper and a history of violent episodes.

g. He may suffer from limerence and have a history of heartbreaking relationships with women.

h. He has a history of drug abuse.

i. He may have relatives or close friends who are in law enforcement.

j. He was familiar to Megan Waterman and Amber Lynn Costello prior to the night he murdered them.

3) Jessica Taylor, Valerie Mack, Jane Doe No. 7, Baby Doe were killed by John Bitrolff. The modus operandi murder (dismemberment) is identical and the links to Manorville fit here.

Please let me know what you think.

Regarding MP, I believe he left Oak Beach before the Police arrived. Even if SG passed out in his SUV after PCH treated her, I doubt MP could carry her body into the marsh. It is very difficult to lift and carry a comatose body any distance, unless you are highly trained.

We’ll never know what really happened without knowing the contents of the 911 call. But what is known for sure is that her body was found in close proximity to the GB4. If you believe that that is purely coincidence, I’ve got a really nice bridge—it’s used, but in excellent condition— that you might be interested in purchasing...

SCPD-gilgo-beach-evidence.jpg

Is there any information as to which crime scene this was retrieved from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova