Sheriff Rupf

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I remember reading, and I have no idea where or when, that the SO computers were down and that he should have checked later when they were back up, but didn't.
hmmm that is one idiot's excuse, what is the other idiots excuses for not following up on anything?

Whomever it was that was "supposed" to give that info to the officer obviously didn't. Point is, in this day and age with the technology that is out there, he could have simply got it himself. If the Berkeley campus cops can do it, why can't the CC Sheriff's dept???? There is NO excuse for NOT knowing that this guy was a registered sex offender........NONE! Holy cow, you'd think it would be their homework if nothing else!!!!

Seems that they have only one objective...:furious:
show up - don't do much....when you turn 40 you can get a pension.

They too should be fired.
Lots of good people out of work that really want to do work.

You could probably take anyone with half a brain off the street and put them in one of the jobs of these many failed people of LE. They could go to PG house and would know without any available knowledge (of anything for that matter), that something wasnt normal and all they would have to do is walk into the frontdoor to figure it out. Really this guy deserves 200k? a year? Get 4 guys with no knowledge and pay them 50k each for better results IMO. Instructions: Keep an eye on bad guys...

You could probably take anyone with half a brain off the street and put them in one of the jobs of these many failed people of LE. They could go to PG house and would know without any available knowledge (of anything for that matter), that something wasnt normal and all they would have to do is walk into the frontdoor to figure it out. Really this guy deserves 200k? a year? Get 4 guys with no knowledge and pay them 50k each for better results IMO. Instructions: Keep an eye on bad guys...

i fear even if the laws are changed to stop people like garrido from being able to pull this off again (meaning sex offenders are locked up for good) poice incompetence and corruption will never be wiped out.

penstion at 40? sign me up :dance:

:laugh: Firemen get them at 40. Not sure about LE maybe 45?
But I love your reaction are you trying to prove my point :laugh:
that is what they do: ."Sign me up" work? what work?

cindysue :) with all due respect I do understand what you mean really I do. and I agree - sort of......
Well :waitasec: I don't know about the 1/2 brain part :waitasec:
They already have enough of those. There are some basic people out there who do want to use their brain and do a well rounder job as a PO. look up files, records, fake names. etc.
I would bet you that there are people right here on WS that have an inquisitive mind, and care about a case enough to do a good job.
And yes a few neigborhood guards would be better then what they have.
I am afraid they already have enough :loser: there with a half a brain.

The 200K is a pension, their pay starts at about 60K and goes up depending on their job and years worked.

cindysue :) with all due respect I do understand what you mean really I do. and I agree - sort of......
Well :waitasec: I don't know about the 1/2 brain part :waitasec:
They already have enough of those. There are some basic people out there who do want to use their brain and do a well rounder job as a PO. look up files, records, fake names. etc.
I would bet you that there are people right here on WS that have an inquisitive mind, and care about a case enough to do a good job.
And yes a few neigborhood guards would be better then what they have.
I am afraid they already have enough :loser: there with a half a brain.

The 200K is a pension, their pay starts at about 60K and goes up depending on their job and years worked.

i think saying anyone in LE involved in this case, (other then the berkley officers) has half a brain, is giing em way too much credit

i fear even if the laws are changed to stop people like garrido from being able to pull this off again (meaning sex offenders are locked up for good) police incompetence and corruption will never be wiped out.

What made me think that we can change anything, maybe we should not fire them,
just let them be. :crazy::crazy:
sadly enough I think you are right, there is a certain amount of corruption and always will be :(

but it seems to me that from the top and from the start it was a neglected case for all that time. WOW

What made me think that we can change anything, maybe we should not fire them,
just let them be. :crazy::crazy:
sadly enough I think you are right, there is a certain amount of corruption and always will be :(

but it seems to me that from the top and from the start it was a neglected case for all that time. WOW

its not any of there faults of course :banghead:

Who exactly was supposed to give him the info that Garrido was a sex offender? It's not like someone is going to follow him around giving him the information on all the people he is asked to check on.
He's not done the background check, obviously. The campus cops did the background check on Garrido when he showed up there to distribute literature. Why didn't this officer just do the same thing?

Also, as I just posted in another thread with the link, that officer just warns Garrido that the tents could be a code enforcement issue. So, I think a couple of points can be made about that - one, is there any obligation to report such a code issue (for code and because that area was specifically identified, or at least the backyard was by the neighbor). Given the seriousness of the accusations, a code issue could also have given them access to the backyard perhaps. Secondly, I think the fact that the officer warns him about the tents means he should have or could have known about the fenced off area in the backyard. It seems if anyone who went to his house later (like the sheriff's office in 2008), they should have them checked on any reports regarding Garrido. So, it is not just one miss in my mind.

2sisters: Since you live in Antioch, hence Contra Costa County, I can understand your wanting to know more about your elected Sheriff. I don't live there, although I am in the general area, and I have to admit that my life is not really directly affected by him or the Department.

I have been carefully reading those posts at The Contra Costa Times forum, and I it seems to me that the poster RuffNtuff is actually the same guy that appears on that video at yesterday's Board of Supervisors meeting. He is the same guy I pointed out on that other thread last night. He has his own agenda, and honestly I just can't get behind his cause. Frankly, I think he is lying. But, that's just me.
He was awarded a large 5 figure settlement (or, if he is to be believed, he was forced to settle). A large 5 figure settlement could be as much as $99,999.00. So, was he filing suit for more than that? I really can't figure out why exactly he is soooooo disgruntled. And, his real beef is with some Lieutenant, now Captain.

The other shocking things that I think the same RuffNtuff refers people to is another forum where the people are all talking about how bad all the area Sheriffs are because they do not support what they call CCW, which I believe is about permits to 'Carry Concealed Weapons'. Just what you need in Antioch, right?

I will keep looking, but I can't find anything that would make me think that Rupf has been detrimental to Contra Costa County. And, as far as the pension goes, well it goes with the job. I think its a little high myself, but it is up to the voters to get active about all that stuff.

The fact that a deputy screwed up that visit really wasn't good. But, I don't think its something that anyone should get fired over. Maybe the deputy should get some kind of penalty, but unless, he has a history of bad performance or continues to make poor decisions, then I just don't think he should be fired. Those are my current thoughts.

I am not related to the poster you are talking or the person who presented at the meeting. I have read those board also and did do some research on the gun issue. I believe the man's argument is that a far higher percentage of gun permits were okayed for the members of the Sheriff's Posse/Auxillary than for other citizens. That some citizen had trouble getting the permits even though there might not have been a viable reason. If this is true, then it is a viable issue of concern. I'm not standing up for either side in this case in this post. And, there are many people who are not happy about Sheriff Rupf and it is not just because of Jaycee's case. From what I have seen there is at least enough to have someone consider an external investigation of the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Dept.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catluva247
Back