Should Casey Receive Counseling in Jail?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you want Casey to receive counseling?

• Yes, I'd like her to receive counseling.

Votes: 115 23.8%
  • No, I don't want her to receive counseling.

Votes: 134 27.7%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 234 48.4%

• Total voters
This sounds rather mean. I'd like to see her mouth duct taped and left in her cell hooked up to enough I.V fluids to keep her living, and with noone to interact with her.

This sounds rather mean. I'd like to see her mouth duct taped and left in her cell hooked up to enough I.V fluids to keep her living, and with noone to interact with her.

Not so mean. There is tons meaner. :):innocent:

Counseling for ICA? Whatever for? She's the MOTY don'chs know?
To borrow from the defense - it would be a huge waste!

But I am totally OK with either drip~drop or sumbunny's suggestions!

Would it be cruel and unusual to have a computer station set up right off her cell, turned so she can't see the screen?

I'd like to see all the audio tapes of CA, GA and LA piped into her current and future cells on an endless loop. Playing 24/7. Volumne low enough so others aren't wigged out by it, but enough so ICA hears it.

Counseling ... naw but this ... definitely.

I'd like to see all the audio tapes of CA, GA and LA piped into her current and future cells on an endless loop. Playing 24/7. Volumne low enough so others aren't wigged out by it, but enough so ICA hears it.

Counseling ... naw but this ... definitely.

Could it be done in such a way that "no one else hears those voices" that ICA pleads to "make it stop"?

"Make what stop; we don't hear anything..." teeheehee.

I think someone who would confess would be more worthy of counseling and more likely to be rehabilitated. Casey too full of herself and denies everything so whats the point?
Shes too far gone IMO. She probably needed it yrs ago and even then wouldve fought it. Dont forget, she was on baby #2. (miscarriage)
Jesse G was willing to marry her, think its pretty big of him but she turned him down saying: you love Caylee more than ME.
So,counseling would be a waste. It cost taxpayers enough to keep her where shes at:furious:

Baby number 2 was a figment of her imagination - read the Annie D transcript, with a calendar at hand. ICA's dates don't work. ICA leaves boys, it was not in her plans to be left (dumped) by B.S. so she gave him the boohoo what you did to me line.

Actually I wouldn't mind if someone came along and studied her. With or without her permission....stick her in a cell with one 2-way mirror wall so students can come along and watch her go about her daily routine and take notes, they could drop in certain stimuli and see how she responds, make her TV go on the blink suddenly during General Hospital and watch her reactions, that kind of thing.

Alternatively I would not have a problem with her being used for medical experiments, as a guinea pig for new and experimental medications.

Basically do to her what she did to her own precious child but in a controlled environment and with a useful purpose :)

This case has brought out a mean streak, that I never knew I had - I love everyones suggestions. Experiments, 2 way mirrors, guinea pig - just out and out fracking with her - works!

I voted, Yes, I'd like her to receive counseling.

Not that it would necessarily help her but we could learn more about the personailty type.

if it was a young female counselor...no. if it were a male counselor.... heck to the no!!!..but if it were an older female counselor, one who preferably raised a family and had grandchildren...sure why not. but I voted "I don't care" because I've seen Miss Casey play to her audience and I think if it's a young female or any male she would not be getting help, she'd be same old Casey playing her same old Casey games and no help or understanding would be forthcoming.

(2) Mental health services shall be available to all inmates;
(b) Priority for mental health treatment services shall be given to inmates who are experiencing or who are at risk for developing symptoms of mental disorder, which symptoms significantly impair ability to function adequately within the general inmate population.
http://www.flrules.org/gateway/readFile.asp?sid=0&tid=1591205&type=1&File=33-404.101.doc

I've seen a lot of prisoner's mental health records (part of my job, don't ask lol). I see them being treated for depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, anxiety. I have never seen a record of a prisoner being treated for a personality disorder. A personality disorder may be listed as one of their diagnoses, but, not as something that is being treated.

Just my :twocents:

RBBM--I think these two posts nicely amplify one another. Far from "impairing her ability to function adequately" in gen pop, ICA's personality disorder would be a positive boon to surviving prison life.

The only thing that would seriously impair her ability to function adequately in general population would be the other prisoners, IYKWIM...

Counseling for ICA? Whatever for? She's the MOTY don'chs know?
To borrow from the defense - it would be a huge waste!

But I am totally OK with either drip~drop or sumbunny's suggestions!

Would it be cruel and unusual to have a computer station set up right off her cell, turned so she can't see the screen?

Not cruel enough. Now add a cell phone right next to it and that'll do it.

Not cruel enough. Now add a cell phone right next to it and that'll do it.

Actually I read that counselling for a sociopath and a psychopath at this stage only serves to give them more ways to work their manipulation. This has to be caught at a young age and apparently it was not, because she was stealing when she was 13 and her brother said it was no big deal, just $200.

Ever notice in the interviews with Lee or Cindy, when they don't want to answer, they say well that was between KC and her brother or KC and my mother.

Well, now it is between KC and the State of Florida.

I said yes, but I would like to equivocate. I believe that she will be convicted and receive either the DP or a life sentence, and I believe that any inmate under either sentence should be offered counseling to help them come to terms with their new status. I feel that way because even though such inmates have violated the social contract under which we live, we are still part of a civilized society, and as such, can offer convicts a chance to come to terms with their heinous acts and if possible, make amends.

With that said, I also believe that KC is an unrepentant sociopath who would offend again given the opportunity. I am reminded of an episode on The Sopranos, where Dr. Melfi was forced to acknowledge that the "talking cure," i.e., the method of counseling she had been giving to Tony Soprano, would not benefit him because it was proven that sociopaths can't be cured and often hone their skills through counseling sessions. So while I believe it should be offered to her as to all inmates in her position, I harbor no illusions that it will do her any good.

Sociopaths cannot be rehabilitated. It is my fervent hope that ICA never sees the light of day again as a free woman so counseling would not benefit society in the least, even if it could be effective for ICA which I disbelieve.

So my answer was

I really don't care.

I vote no, It will be a complete waste, just another opportunity for this narcissist to offload another ton of lies.
To benefit from therapy you have to be prepared to (a) be honest and (b) do some work. ICA would not be able to do either, as HHJS said, she and the truth are strangers. She is also a stranger to work.

She needed counseling prior to the murder of Caylee. Cindy knew it and did NOTHING about it. Its too late now.

I voted yes simply because KC is obviously not a normal human being. You may think she's cruel and heartless, but it's also clear that she's mentally unstable. Inmates have the right to medical treatment, and mental health is definitely a medical issue.

To clarify, I do agree that sociopaths can't be rehabilitated. Narcissistic personality disorder is one of the most difficult psychiatric disorders to treat because those affected do not think they are ever in the wrong. I do feel that KC is evil, and although she is mentally ill I don't believe she can plead insanity here. And even with counseling, I don't think KC could ever be "cured" no matter what. I do not think it's possible to do something as heinous as murdering your own child without being mentally damaged for life. I can't imagine how a sane person could ever begin to reconcile that.

No mentally healthy person could possibly get into this situation. My daughter was an infant when Caylee was first reported "missing" :rolleyes: and now she is 3 - just a couple months older than Caylee was when she died. I can't even fathom it. I can't even bring myself to even READ all of the details of the murder. Meanwhile, KC actually DID it. You really need to be bat***** crazy to even consider doing such a thing to your own child.

So she's clearly totally screwy in the head, and while my blood boils when I think of how poor Caylee was treated during her short life, I also think that untreated mental health problems are often why we see cases like this. I can't help but wonder what kind of family the A's would be if they had all been seeking treatment for their obvious psychiatric issues rather than whitewashing, and what that could have meant for little Caylee. I don't think it benefits anyone to allow such harmful psychiatric disorders to go untreated. Even if treatment does nothing for KC herself, maybe we can get some insight into sociopaths/narcissists and get closer to figuring out how to identify and protect their children from suffering a similar fate as Caylee.

JMO. :angel:

Ya know, maybe the question to the poll should be:

Will ICA request counseling???

Nadda, zippo and nope because to request counseling would require ICA to realize she has problems and issues and wants to amend her past actions to conform within society's standards and laws.

Even if ICA is required to attend counseling sessions, she won't get a thing from them and in her mind they would be a waste "a huge waste".

It would be a waste-a HUGE waste!!
For it to benefit Inmate 08049710 she would have to admit she killed Caylee-Not gonna happen! IMO
If it's counseling to help her adjust to her new life in prison-I don't really care if she ever adjusts!
If it's an exam by someone like Dr. Stone of Most Evil-then yeah I'd like to see his evaluation of her for future reference-cause unfortunately ICA is not unique. Just look at children murdered cases here on WS and those are just the ones we know about! Look at the bodies and bones found that aren't identified!!
My gosh-we do share a planet with some atrocious monsters don't we?:snooty:

I really don't care if KC receives counseling in jail. IMO it would not be beneficial to her. One has to really want help and want to change and IMO she has shown no remorse for what she's done. She's only told lie after lie. I'm not a psychiatrist, but from what I've read, (IMO) she fits the criteria for narcissist personality disorder, and from what I understand, counseling doesn't help. I hate to sound mean, but I say put her away and let her rot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back