Should Casey Receive Counseling in Jail?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you want Casey to receive counseling?

• Yes, I'd like her to receive counseling.

Votes: 115 23.8%
  • No, I don't want her to receive counseling.

Votes: 134 27.7%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 234 48.4%

• Total voters
If the taxpayers are going to have to foot a bill for counseling, let it be for her VICTIMS in this.

She deserves NOTHING but a syringe (and I would be willing to help them with that)

I dont think counciling will hurt I doubt it will help much either.
Sociopathy isnt really 'treatable' in any real sense.
However people who have this disorder it should be pointed out do know the difference between right and wrong and have free will as to their actions.
It isnt as though it makes them any less responsible.
Its not as though she was a delusional schizophrenic who thought Caylee was a demon and actually believed the world would crown her queen of the universe for killing her.
Many sociopaths go their entire lives without commiting criminal acts that would land them in jail.
If they find something to focus on they can become quite successful at least in a worldly sense.
All of us have probably worked under one at some point.

A good psychotherapist will set extreme limits with Casey and it might help the case.

It will be very difficult, I think, to help Casey herself. She might tip over into psychosis, IMO, though, when this case gets rocking and she gets a lot of confrontation with reality. I don't think the girl knows how to cope without manipulating and lying. I think she's very borderline, JMO.

i would like to see casey get a good dose of that soduim whatever (truth serum) as well as be hooked up to a polygraph (that shocks you when you lie) and be asked for the truth.

after she spills the truth, and confesses what she knows and shows a little remorse, then maybe i would show a little compassion for her.

i honestly think she is beyond help.

How about a lovely round of shock therapy on high voltage? That would seem like the best therapy for Casey. Shock her real good every hour, but stagger the timing so she never knows when it is going to come...Now there would be some GREAT therapy for Casey.

Saying no to therapy but yes to torture, interesting.

From what I understand, therapy doesn't work for sociopaths. I don't want anyone playing into KC's craziness. She shouldn't have the attention, she'll just try to abuse it. Remember how badly she wanted to talk to "Happy" Det Appie Wells? Wonder how that went? Did she ever realize the play-ya had been played?

I would be OK with KC being "studied", kind of like a bug in a glass jar. Doubt if the state would be allowed to get away with that. It would be interesting to know how she reacts to duct tape being wrapped around her head, and anything else the state has discovered she did to that sweet, little Caylee. But no Xanex and no chloroform. I want her awake and I want her to remember.

I'm also OK with the audio from Caylee's vids being played in her cell 24/7 and Caylee vids and pictures being displayed against the cell wall. If once in prison she gets a TV, she should have access to all the Caylee vids people who loved, yet never met her made. That's all, just the all Caylee, all the time TV.

Keep her in clean underwear (for the sake of the guards), a chastity belt, birth control in case she figures out how to get out of or around the belt and bologna samiches with grits on the side. Then I hope she lives for a really long time.

I have seen the most extremely sick people get better. I have. It is not true that there is no help for any of them. It is just hard, and takes a long time.
I saw one everyone had lost hope on - who was keeping people in fits -get better and now works and has a good life. (She wasn't criminal but very, very sick.) She got a shrink that set extreme limits on her at risk to his own license - and it worked. He simply told her "everytime you try to kill yourself, I'm discharging you." And he did. And it worked after 2-3 years.

Torture is just not an option to me - geez, to do that would make us as bad as the worst one among us is.

She should have counseling. Someone to talk to might help unravel the case if they can convince her to face reality, if in fact she did do what she is accused of.

You're too kind, really too kind.

You see KC will never help to unravel this case unless she decides she will somehow benefit from doing so. In reality, the KC's of this world don't live in 'our reality' rather they live in a world that is all their own. When someone or something becomes annoying to them, they remove it. 'How' isn't important, the only thing that matters to KC and others like her (Ted B, Susan S, Scott P) is the end result.

I almot voted "don't care" but prior to conviction, counseling MIGHT help her come to realize that she needs to change her story or something.

If she is convicted, i'm not sure counseling will help.

about the Caylee videos being playes 24/7. if she is a true sociopath, she's convinced herself she is innocent. or doesn't care. not sure the videos would have much effect if she doesn't care. If she's playing martyr, she may claim comfort in seeing her daughter every day.

I have seen the most extremely sick people get better. I have. It is not true that there is no help for any of them. It is just hard, and takes a long time.
I saw one everyone had lost hope on - who was keeping people in fits -get better and now works and has a good life. (She wasn't criminal but very, very sick.) She got a shrink that set extreme limits on her at risk to his own license - and it worked. He simply told her "everytime you try to kill yourself, I'm discharging you." And he did. And it worked after 2-3 years.

Torture is just not an option to me - geez, to do that would make us as bad as the worst one among us is.

Well there you go, I have no trouble with vast amts of time and expense being given to anyone who is extremely sick, as long as they aren't criminal. I think there is a huge difference in anyone who has crossed the line. Once they cross that line and become criminal, the risk is too great they will do it again. Look how many people KC has devastated, all from 1 crime. (I'm only referring to Caylee here.)

More importantly, look at the shining light she snuffed out... Should KC ever be given the chance to do that again? That would be saying KC deserves a chance, and Caylee didn't. Is KC more deserving than Caylee? I don't think so. You cross the line, that's it. Games over, no more chances.

People who hurt themselves are a whole different story and I agree they deserve the same chance we all had for a happy live. More power to her for being strong enough to get well. :blowkiss:

I don't endorse torture either, the reason we are safe to say it here is because it will not happen.

about the Caylee videos being playes 24/7. if she is a true sociopath, she's convinced herself she is innocent. or doesn't care. not sure the videos would have much effect if she doesn't care. If she's playing martyr, she may claim comfort in seeing her daughter every day.

I don't think she would get any comfort out of seeing Caylee vids, regardless of what she claims.

To KC, Caylee was a "snot head" and possibly worse. You don't kill what gives you comfort. I'd like to know she realizes she's lost her freedom and she'll never be free from that little voice singing "Please don't tale my sunshine away..."

I voted no. She would love the attention and having a captive audience.

Mentally ill people can be fixed. The outlook for people with personality disorders is more bleak. They have to admit they have a problem andd want to change.

Antisocial personality disorders can't do either of the above.

IMO

1) I would like her to meet and be exploited by a bigger sociopath than she.

2) I would like her to be greeted by the catcalls of "baby killer" every morning she wakes up.

3) I would like her to know that her only men "prospects" are the 40+ something guards, most of whom would never consider her advances.

4) I would like her to know she will never party at a night club again.

5) I would like her to know that life outside of prison at this point may actually be more dangerous to her than life inside prison.

JMO

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

In order to get a sociopath's attention you have to understand how a sociopath sees the world.

Sociopaths are all about themselves and their egos.

If you want Casey to listen and respond, the talk has to be about Casey. Watch the videos and see how Casey perks up over being called gorgeous or talking about "her" food and how "she" is holding up.

All conversation about EVERYTHING else...especially Caylee, obviously bores Casey. Tapes of Caylee singing or pictures of Caylee's skeleton won't make Casey look up from her solitaire game. They wouldn't torture her. She would be bored.

IMO

Counseling is not recommended for Sociopath's because they have an incurable personality disorder, not a mental illness. The only recommendation for those with incurable personality disorders is incarceration. That seems to have a limited affect on changing their behavior though, but it does protect the public from their predatory ways.

There are studies hoping to find a possible treatment. But they've had extremely limited success.

ETA: I have my doubts about the supposed successes. IMO, it's professionals who have been conned by sociopath's.

Yeap! just like pedophiles and sex offenders...no cure except chemical castration...maybe.

I do want her to receive counseling! I am not trying at all to stand up for her innocence, but just her rights as an American citizen: this being that a person is "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY." Let's face it, there's a great likelyhood that she IS guilty, but we are not her jury & she hasn't gone to trial yet.

What she is so far is a suspect, and a mother who has lost a child. I'm a mother to 3 gorgeous little boys. If something happened to them, you'd better bring in a handful of therapists! Plus maybe a straight-jacket & some heavy drugs, because I would be a complete mess.

As a mother I would appeal for her to have counseling provided. Whether she can appreciate it or can be benefited by it is her own problem.

With all due respect, the emotions you describe YOU would have are normal. Yes, she is a Mother who has lost a child. But at her own hands, IMO. Do you see how distraught KC is? How hysterical she was when her child went "missing"? See all the tears and breakdowns she was having when LE was trying to find her child? I didn't either. Again, I respect your opinion, but simply can't find any sympathy for KC.

She's a sciopath like my son, wouldn't do one bit of good. Everyone I took my son told me that they were sure he couldn't "fool" them...but guess what he did. I wouldn't waste taxpayer's money. :furious:
-----------------------
Exactly!!! Amen. No

Shes beyond counseling, she needs to be visited by the ghosts of past, present, and future..oh, and given truth serum! JMHO

In order to get a sociopath's attention you have to understand how a sociopath sees the world.

Sociopaths are all about themselves and their egos.

If you want Casey to listen and respond, the talk has to be about Casey. Watch the videos and see how Casey perks up over being called gorgeous or talking about "her" food and how "she" is holding up.

All conversation about EVERYTHING else...especially Caylee, obviously bores Casey. Tapes of Caylee singing or pictures of Caylee's skeleton won't make Casey look up from her solitaire game. They wouldn't torture her. She would be bored.

IMO

I agree. I think the psychology of KC and the family dynamics are very important to this case. Probably the whole explanation for little Caylee's death.

While endearing, and kind, I worry that too many people just don't understand how truly different people with these disorders are. You cannot apply "normal" feelings or reactions to them. And they are "charming", they are often soft spoken, seem very nice on the surface. When you get close to them or watch more carefully you will see their true colors. I hope WS posters unfamiliar with disorders will read up on the family psychology thread and the more likely personality disorders that might apply to KC prior to the trial. That thread is probably a better place to discuss more than our opinion on counseling.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76453

Casey is a lost cause! She did nothing to help LE.........she deserves what she gave Caylee.... nothing more / nothing less!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back