Should Cindy and George be charged? Do They Need An Attorney?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should Cindy, and/or George be charged??

• Yes they should be

Votes: 774 62.4%
  • No They shouldn't be

Votes: 150 12.1%
  • I dunno yet

Votes: 317 25.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost sympathy for Cindy very early on in this tragedy. Her regurgitation of KC's lies, irritating ramblings and aggressive behaviour made it very difficult for me to keep a focus on what she was really doing. Now that her daughter is finally charged and jailed without bond, Cindy's involvement with LE's investigation appears to have come to a stop.

While I personally don't believe Cindy was directly involved in Caylee's demise, I do think she has tampered with evidence, misled and lied to LE, committed perjury at the Bond Hearing, and perhaps misappropriated donated funds. I believe that under any other circumstances, LE would have charged her with some, or all of these. I'm assuming they either don't want to sway public sympathy in the A's direction, or they are waiting until after the trial, when these things will be proven. On the other hand, perhaps they just have bigger fish to fry.

(snipped)
Great thread. IMO I hope LE doesn't set a precedent of her (A family) behavior for future cases. I do give kudos to LE for excellent handling of this high profile, public opinion case.

This may be the wrong place but I have a question, about Cindy parking under the bridge with Casey, meeting the bondsman and then the police.

I thought that when a person was indicted with what KC was, they went directly to jail in a law enforcement vehicle. I don't recall anyone ever getting to drive off in the sunset with their mother.

Is this common? I'm a newbie...so pardon my ignorance.

While they were expecting her to be arrested at any momment, cause they kinda expected what the GJ would say... NO ONE knows what the GJ says, until after the arrest.

So Mom wasn't taking her in to be arrested. But it is sounding like she was being turned over to her bondsman, getting ready to just take her in.. to prevent media from seeing her arrested. The undercovers that the whole think looked like she was fleeing, and snagged her because it looked like she was fleeing. At that point, she was underarrest and they could tell everyone what the GJ said.

cindy and crew might have sped things up a bit. Who knows?

I would be very interested to know the amount of manhours wasted and taxpayers money that went toward CA's antics for followup. IMO THAT should be a crime.

I wonder if LE is just giving CA more rope to hang herself. She has been detrimental to this investigation from the get go. LE has been more than lenient with CA and her lies and her convulted tales about KC being a great mom, and the babysitter having been know for years, and that her home was happy and a haven of peace wonderful family. She told Holly in her latest interview with her that there was no argument on June 15 - the neighbor said there was, LA told LP that there was huge fight that ended with CA putting her hands on KC's neck. I don't believe she is delusional, I believe she is bold faced liar and KC learned what she lives. I despise CA and think she should be charged, if nothing other than to maybe bring her back to reality. Cover ups and lying to LE are crimes.

:wave: Hi back atcha, Miracles :laugh:

:wave: Hi Nosey.

This might seem to be too much nitpicking, but having viewed the tape of Cindy leaving Baez's office with Casey, on the day Casey went back to jail this week...
Cindy has committed some heavy driving offenses which would include endangering the lives of others. Cindy did not appear to be in control of that lethal machine at all times.

316.1925 Careless driving.--

(1) Any person operating a vehicle upon the streets or highways within the state shall drive the same in a careful and prudent manner, having regard for the width, grade, curves, corners, traffic, and all other attendant circumstances, so as not to endanger the life, limb, or property of any person. Failure to drive in such manner shall constitute careless driving and a violation of this section.

In light of the fact, this wild ride has been all over the news, it seems LE is cutting her slack on this one...jmho:)

Cutting her lots of slack, IMO.

Speaking of the "getaway" - Why did KC ask for an extension until 5.30 p.m.? What reason did she give her Case Officer? Thought she had to name a specific place, and not general running around. This whole escapade is smelly to me!

I just thought of something else. Cindy has stated that she made the 911 call about car and money theft just to get LE out to the house. She has never followed through with those theft charges. Again in Canada, making false or misleading 911 calls is a crime. More nit picking lol

Cindy and George picked up the car on the 15th, and after smelling the dam@ thing they had to know something. Cindy sends George to work? Cindy's first 911 call (Casey in the car) I need someone arrested for stealing a car and money. Cindy second 911 call (from the house) Mean time George had called Lee and ask him to go to the house because Cindy is upset. What did George say to Lee about the car? Lee was in the garage with the car when he called Cindy, and she pulled in the driveway 30 seconds later. All 3 knew what was going on. Lee kept Cindy from placing the 3rd 911 call for 45 minutes. Lee then put Casey through the motions of what would happen when the police arrived. I still have problems with that, like you better stick to the script. Cindy tells dispatch that the car smells of death, but not the arriving officer. Why not? All 3 of them knew something was wrong with the smell of that car, with all of the police, detectives in that house on the 15th why was that not mentioned? All three of them have hindered the investigation. Because LE was looking at a kidnapping and not a mother that used the car in a crime against her child, that gave the Anthony's time to clean up the mess. They should all be charged with something, but because they have lost their Caylee and Casey will be going to jail, they will probably not be charged.

I still feel CA and LEE destroyed evidence and covered up for KC......YES! and GA knew the death smell...................IMO

I think they should be charged but of course they won't be. They have certainly hindered the investigation i.e. Lee's DNA having to be subpeoned. And I have always thought CA has such gall to tell LE she had checked over potential evidence documents (credit card statements, etc.) and there wasn't anything on them LE needed! I can't imagine having to deal with these people, especially CA! Oh and the meetings with KC's friends at their house amazing!

Cindy and George picked up the car on the 15th, and after smelling the dam@ thing they had to know something. Cindy sends George to work? Cindy's first 911 call (Casey in the car) I need someone arrested for stealing a car and money. Cindy second 911 call (from the house) Mean time George had called Lee and ask him to go to the house because Cindy is upset. What did George say to Lee about the car? Lee was in the garage with the car when he called Cindy, and she pulled in the driveway 30 seconds later. All 3 knew what was going on. Lee kept Cindy from placing the 3rd 911 call for 45 minutes. Lee then put Casey through the motions of what would happen when the police arrived. I still have problems with that, like you better stick to the script. Cindy tells dispatch that the car smells of death, but not the arriving officer. Why not? All 3 of them knew something was wrong with the smell of that car, with all of the police, detectives in that house on the 15th why was that not mentioned? All three of them have hindered the investigation. Because LE was looking at a kidnapping and not a mother that used the car in a crime against her child, that gave the Anthony's time to clean up the mess. They should all be charged with something, but because they have lost their Caylee and Casey will be going to jail, they will probably not be charged.
Thank you for so clearly laying it out. It's the phone call that George made to Lee to get to the house that set off my "hinky meter" right from the start. Even thinking about it now gets me riled up. I know in my heart of hearts that there was much more going on. I've had to put it out of my head because I don't think anything will ever come of these folks taking responsibility for anything.

I think they should be charged but of course they won't be. They have certainly hindered the investigation i.e. Lee's DNA having to be subpeoned. And I have always thought CA has such gall to tell LE she had checked over potential evidence documents (credit card statements, etc.) and there wasn't anything on them LE needed! I can't imagine having to deal with these people, especially CA! Oh and the meetings with KC's friends at their house amazing!
Funny how they met with the same people they should have sought out the moment Caylee left that house with her poc mother.

Hmmm, great question! Until Casey was charged with 4 counts of lying to law enforcement this week, I was under the impression (from multiple posts on this website) that lying to local LE wasn't a crime, but lying to FEDERAL LE was. Now we see that isn't true. So I would say that CA could very well be charged with lying to LE.

And I think if she keeps up her campaign of accusing LE of not doing their job, and just stopping short of accusing them of being in a conspiracy against her daughter, I think they very well may now turn their attention to her.

I believe before it is over they will be charged. I believe GA made a deal with the FBI before the GJ hearing for immunity in this case, but I believe both CA and LA will be charged.

I am not sure what they will charge LA with yet, but I believe it will be some serious charges.

Do you think Cindy and or George should be charged?? For withholding evidince, obstruction of justice, Tampering with evidence, or accessory after the fact?? With the new evidence it seems like Cindy knew all along what happened, and waited several days before telling the police that she washed clothing of Casey's that smelled of the car!

Please choose your answer, and state your reason here!

I think just Cindy should be charged with obstruction of justice and tampering with evidence. I think she knew exactly what she was doing when she washed Caseys clothes in the back of her car. If Casey didnt use cloroform to kill little Caylee(one theory) maybe Cindy used it as a cleaning agent to try and get the smell out of the trunk. She's a nurse. I imagine she could get access to chloroform. Just my opinion.

I have thought from the very beginning that Cindy and George 1) tampered with evidence and 2) obstructed justice and 3) conspired to try to keep LE busy following false leads and 4) harbored someone they know murdered their granddaughter.

While Cindy washed the clothing, wasn't it George who threw the plastic bag from the trunk over a fence?

Thank you for so clearly laying it out. It's the phone call that George made to Lee to get to the house that set off my "hinky meter" right from the start. Even thinking about it now gets me riled up. I know in my heart of hearts that there was much more going on. I've had to put it out of my head because I don't think anything will ever come of these folks taking responsibility for anything.

LA stated in his interview w/ LE that when he got to the house, "no one was there"....I still want to know- where were KC & CA then???? Very, very hinky.....

I have to say that I am a little more than confused on the time frame and sequence of events for the "trunk" evidence. Maybe someone can clear this up for me.

Wednesday night on Nancy Grace someone said that the police had in evidence a plastic bag that was found it the trunk and that the bag had Caylee's body fluids and maggots on the outside of it.
How does that fit into the time line?

So.....
6/27 -The car is abandoned by Casey.
6/30 -The car is towed from the parking lot.
-The Anthonys are notified.
-George goes and picks the car up.
-The car smells like death.
-Cindy takes clothing out of the trunk and washes it.
-Cindy finds Casey and not Caylee.
7/15 -Cindy calls police to report Caylee missing.
7/17 (?)-Police take custody of the car.

I know there was supposedly a trash bag in the trunk with pizza in it.
Cindy said there were maggots in the trunk because of the trash. Did she take the clothes out and leave a trash bag and maggots in the trunk? I just don't get how this all went down? Also did the cops find any evidence that someone had attempted to clean the trunk?

I do agree that its strange that George being a former police officer and Cindy being a nurse are now trying to deny that the smell in the car was human decomposition. Especially since Lee said it was SO overpowering.
But I do think its possible that they were in shock and denial over their discovery. I agree that they were behaving as parents and grandparents, not as professionals.....

The way I see it is that Cindy has definitely guilty of obstruction of justice and tampering with evidence and perjury should be charged and convicted.

Some have stated a belief that she has suffered and thus should be let off, but, the fact is that her lies and her tampering have cost LE loss of time and hampered the investigation and may allow murder to go free (or get a reduced sentence). Those clothes she washed could have been covered with with evidence that led to the body; and at the very least her lies have caused LE to waste a lot of time, which the Florida taxpayers have to pay for.

It’s not that I don’t have sympathy for her. I do. And unlike many other posters, I have to admit that if my son was involved in a capital crime, I might very well wash away evidence and lie to police also. But, I would do it knowing that in doing so I was guilty of a crime and should be punished.

I have to say that I am a little more than confused on the time frame and sequence of events for the "trunk" evidence. Maybe someone can clear this up for me.

Wednesday night on Nancy Grace someone said that the police had in evidence a plastic bag that was found it the trunk and that the bag had Caylee's body fluids and maggots on the outside of it.
How does that fit into the time line?

So.....
The car is abandoned by Casey.
The car is towed from the parking lot.
The Anthonys are notified.
George goes and picks the car up.
The car smells like death.
Cindy takes clothing out of the trunk and washes it.
Cindy finds Casey and not Caylee.
Cindy calls police to report Caylee missing.
Police take custody of the car.

I know there was supposedly a trash bag in the trunk with pizza in it.
Cindy said there were maggots in the trunk because of the trash. Did she take the clothes out and leave a trash bag and maggots in the trunk? I just don't get how this all went down? Also did the cops find any evidence that someone had attempted to clean the trunk?

I do agree that its strange that George being a former police officer and Cindy being a nurse are now trying to deny that the smell in the car was human decomposition. Especially since Lee said it was SO overpowering.
But I do think its possible that they were in shock and denial over their discovery. I agree that they were behaving as parents and grandparents, not as professionals.....

Bolded by me. The man at the tow yard tossed the bag over the fence into a dumpster. A detective went back and retrieved the bag.

Bolded by me. The man at the tow yard tossed the bag over the fence into a dumpster. A detective went back and retrieved the bag.

Thanks for your reply but this actually confused me more! How did the towing company guy get in the trunk? Did that happen when George Anthony went there to get the car? I though he said that he was afraid to open the trunk because of the smell.....I know some towing employee said that the car smelled like another car where someone had committed suicide but then Cindy said she went down there and was told that the car didn't smell like that when it was first brought it..........this is all so convoluted! How do the police know that the maggots didn't come from being in the dumpster?
I know they found hair and dirt and the "stain" but I never heard LE say that they had conclusive test results that Caylee's body fluids were found on the bag or in the car, I just heard it on Nancy Grace.
Does anyone know if the dirt sample was compared to dirt in the Anthonys yard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member