Should Darlie have a new trial?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should Darlie Routier be given a new trial?

• Total voters
It is on 2 different threads. I didn't try and tie the forensics into much just the motives behind it. I posted one thread called darlie did it theory and the other is on a different thread .

I'll try and be short.
The couple fights Darin either does it himself or hires it out. I'm assuming the police searched every square inch of the house but i could be wrong as the house had 2 attics and lots of hiding spots for him to put some damning evidence away for later disposal. He had to kill his sons as they overheard things Darlie might have said about his jag scam, or they witnessed some spousal abuse she was going to take kids to cops or cps in morning.She had asked for separation or divorce that night. He feared her ruining his business, a long messy divorce, child support, losing everything he worked for. He tried for Darlie but either didn't complete or set her up. If non complete set up may have been an afterthought to cover own hiney. Encourage bizarre behavior, get her to agree to keep quiet about fight.
They both now admit to fight, to whose advantage did not revealing it make look less guilty. If mundane and non important to either ones motives why not reveal it.

Darlie -I'll get you you sob I'll take from you what you love most make you pay. Darlie was in cat bird seat in a divorce she would get house, boys and 1/2 of everything. What more could she get or do get it all and make him look like he did it or feel so bad about it that he couldn't live with it. Haunt him with guilt forever.

I use more detail and psychology in long posts that is short versions

I read your hot blonde comment and you are not off base except she isn't that hot and Darlie gave her blessings and requested a divorce again as it would be better for Drake less confusing and Darin wouldn't have to hide it anymore. The girlfriend info comes from a friend who hired Darin as wedding photographer. I called Mama Darlie and they already knew she told me about blessing and second divorce request and second refusal from Darin.

I have never seen her- and franky don't care. I believe both of them cooked up a scheme to slaughter their babies, the end. It is of no consequence to me, requires zero more "noodling: she and he are serious nut jobs that deserve to rot for the crimes they have committd- I believe in karma in the enth degree for them..

That being said, until her appeals are exhausted, consider her actions "for public consumption"

MY Darin did it theory is on the do these bruises look familar thread. POSTS 28, 30, and another down the line.
I take it you think they conspired to kill together, doesn't worry you that a killer is walking free maybe not, cause 1 of the killers doesn't live in your town or know you .
Like I said before.
:eek: I'm :chicken:.

Doesn't seem a little strange to you that Darin doesn't want a divorce even considering they both have exhibited some bizarre behavior.

Never mind that last question my hubby just explained it. No man would divorce a woman who gives her blessing on his adultry, why it would only make him love her more, he gets to have his cake and eat it too.:rolleyes:

Even if Darlie is innocent and I'm right about Darin. I think she at least deserves all the time she has served and maybe some more for lying and withholding evidence. Protecting the man who maybe killed your kids and then tried to kill you :mad:.

I want her to get a new trial because then all those claiming Darlie is innocent will realize that Darlie truly is the killer of her children.

Wow, philamena. I never thought of that. What an interesting idea, and I think she murdered her children, too.

I voted, "no" because I think that she murdered her children in cold blood. I think she has a very similar personality and possible set of disorders as Susan Smith.

Lion

MY Darin did it theory is on the do these bruises look familar thread. POSTS 28, 30, and another down the line.
I take it you think they conspired to kill together, doesn't worry you that a killer is walking free maybe not, cause 1 of the killers doesn't live in your town or know you .
Like I said before.
:eek: I'm :chicken:.

Doesn't seem a little strange to you that Darin doesn't want a divorce even considering they both have exhibited some bizarre behavior.

Never mind that last question my hubby just explained it. No man would divorce a woman who gives her blessing on his adultry, why it would only make him love her more, he gets to have his cake and eat it too.:rolleyes:

Even if Darlie is innocent and I'm right about Darin. I think she at least deserves all the time she has served and maybe some more for lying and withholding evidence. Protecting the man who maybe killed your kids and then tried to kill you :mad:.

I think that there is something more to him not wanting to divorce Darlie. So she has actually requested this twice and he has refused. hmmmm
Doesn't make much sense to me.

I think that there is something more to him not wanting to divorce Darlie. So she has actually requested this twice and he has refused. hmmmm

That is part of why he seemed a good suspect to me too.
Think about his girlfriend too what kind of woman would put up with that.

That is part of why he seemed a good suspect to me too.
Think about his girlfriend too what kind of woman would put up with that.

Ya know Jane I just don't see Darin doing the crime. I can still see his face from the Silly String Video and he does not look the least bit guilty unlike his wife. The Silly String Video DID NOT SEAL MY DECISION. I do remember when it first happened when I was living in Texas. I remember the first news cast. It was the talk of the my little town. I remember looking at my bf at the time and telling him, yep her husband had something do with it because the only info at the time was the fact that he and the baby upstairs was unharmed. Then a week or so later they showed the Silly String tape and I went hmmmm now that doesn't look like a person who just lost 2 of the most precious gifts anyone can get - her babies. This was when my attention focused on her. However, I never concluded she did it because I moved before the trial started. It wasn't until I read that article back in 2006 in regards to her still declaring her innocence that I became interested in the actual facts and wanted to find out for myself. I actually started out thinking this woman was wrongly charged until I FOUND THE TRANSCRIPTS and starting reading. It took me almost a year to finish reading everything. What swayed me... The first PO's testimony, the nurses testimony and the evidence discovered and laid out in the transcripts. I remember getting chills when I discovered the tiny bloody handprint, his movement (crawling to the door) and the SHOCKER the bloody knife imprint in the carpet. Of course of bunch of other things but mostly these stand out in my mind.

I never thought the reason she did it was because of money. I guess this is why I am searching for her WHY which I know I will never be privy to but I just can't seem to walk away and forget about those precious little boys that died that night at the hands of SOMEONE THEY KNEW. Haven't you ever wondered why Damon was staring at his mother but not trying to move toward her as he was gasping for air.

A lot of people wondered if she snapped. When I think of snapping, I associate it with a rubberband or bungie cord. Returning to it's original shape after the stretch. She broke.

A lot of people wondered if she snapped. When I think of snapping, I associate it with a rubberband or bungie cord. Returning to it's original shape after the stretch. She broke.

Sadly I think that it went beyond "snap" for Darlie. It's my feeling that she actually believes many or most of her own lies and deceits. JMHO

They live in an enormous home yet she chooses at 1:30 a.m. or so not to put her children in their beds and stay asleep on the floor/sofa area with them??!! I simply don't buy it summer break or not! ( I have raised 3 boys of my own) This is way too convenient for me.

No offense, but just because your family has different ways, does not make this portion of the story outrageous or unbelievable to everyone. I have daughters ages 17 and 5. I can certainly imagine myself and my children falling asleep watching a movie in the summertime, and just pulling throws off the sofa to cover us all and not bothering to take them to their beds. And I am not uneducated or lower class, I am a pediatric RN living in a 'big house' like Darlie's. Different families have different styles.

That said, I think from following the trial that Darlie Routier is guilty as all heck and that justice has been served. Or will be, when she has her appointment with the needle. I would cheerfully start the line myself.

No offense, but just because your family has different ways, does not make this portion of the story outrageous or unbelievable to everyone. I have daughters ages 17 and 5. I can certainly imagine myself and my children falling asleep watching a movie in the summertime, and just pulling throws off the sofa to cover us all and not bothering to take them to their beds. And I am not uneducated or lower class, I am a pediatric RN living in a 'big house' like Darlie's. Different families have different styles.

That said, I think from following the trial that Darlie Routier is guilty as all heck and that justice has been served. Or will be, when she has her appointment with the needle. I would cheerfully start the line myself.

I agree about sleeping in the LR. My daughter just can't seem to fall asleep anywhere but the couch. She likes to sleep in the LR and because her room is on the other side of the house, I actually prefer it because she is closer to me.

Last night in the middle of the night in my DEEP SLEEP I heard my son scream "bloodymurder" (my mom use to call it that when we screamed too loud) in the middle of the night. It jolted me awake to where I jumped up so quickly that I smashed my knee into the glass coffee table. I woke up this morning with a ugly bruise. Anyhow, I just don't see how Ms. Darlie was able to lay there sleeping with her kids and NOT HEAR THEM BEING STABBED!!!!! OFJMO

Anyhow, I just don't see how Ms. Darlie was able to lay there sleeping with her kids and NOT HEAR THEM BEING STABBED!!!!! OFJMO

I SO agree! I (and I honestly think, most mothers) would have to be under general anesthesia to sleep through any part of that. This woman's lies have had me boiling for years. I have seen too many abused and neglected children to have one drop of pity for Darlie Routier. I know the politically correct line is that no one really likes the DP and we should all pity DR when her turn comes, but in this case, I feel execution is totally warranted. Then those boys will finally have justice, imo. I only wish she could be made to feel the heart-wrenching terror she put her son through, when he realized what was going on and tried to get away from her.

I do pity her family, if they honestly believe in her innocence.

A new trial would be a waste of the taxpayers money and time, imo.

I read your hot blonde comment and you are not off base except she isn't that hot and Darlie gave her blessings and requested a divorce again as it would be better for Drake less confusing and Darin wouldn't have to hide it anymore. The girlfriend info comes from a friend who hired Darin as wedding photographer. I called Mama Darlie and they already knew she told me about blessing and second divorce request and second refusal from Darin.

According to the info on the link below, when one spouse is incarcerated, the other does not have to give consent for divorce - although the way I understood it, that applies when it's the spouse on the outside wanting to divorce the incarcerated spouse - it can be done "inproper" (without an attorney). Now, when it's the incarcerated spouse wanting the divorce, things may be totally different - even so, if Darlie wants to file for divorce she has every right to do so - but will certainly need assistance from her family to accomplish the task - in other words: Darin may not want a divorce, but that doesn't mean Darlie cannot attempt to divorce him.
http://www.womansdivorce.com/divorce-grounds.html

I guess it's that he won't be required to testify,should there be a new trial,if they're still married?
I've always thought he has something to hide,esp. after seeing him on Unsolved Mysteries.He downright lied about their money situation,saying he'd made more and more every yr,so what was the problem? Problem was,he wasn't telling the truth!
If any of you haven't seen that segment,you can rent the old UM shows thru dvd rental sites online.The way Darin is so obviously taking up for Darlie b/c he has something to hide himself (IMO) is interesting,to say the least.That's what I get out of it.
I don't think he killed them himself,I'm guessing he thinks he may have been the trigger that set off Darlie,and or he conspired to lie about it bf calling 911.

I guess it's that he won't be required to testify,should there be a new trial,if they're still married?
I've always thought he has something to hide,esp. after seeing him on Unsolved Mysteries.He downright lied about their money situation,saying he'd made more and more every yr,so what was the problem? Problem was,he wasn't telling the truth!
If any of you haven't seen that segment,you can rent the old UM shows thru dvd rental sites online.The way Darin is so obviously taking up for Darlie b/c he has something to hide himself (IMO) is interesting,to say the least.That's what I get out of it.
I don't think he killed them himself,I'm guessing he thinks he may have been the trigger that set off Darlie,and or he conspired to lie about it bf calling 911.

He wasn't required to testify the first time, but he did. His testimony and her own testimony, I believe, is a large reason why she got convicted. Juries are not stupid. The old addage that they're too dumb to get out of jury duty is a falsehood. The fact that Darlie and Darin had the gaul to get up before that jury and say that they had a perfect marriage, had perfect kids, Darlie LOVED to clean the house after three boys and that they had absolutely NO financial problems was laughable. In fact, it was worse than laughable it was disgusting. The prosecution, they HAD to know was going to come out with all sorts of unrefutable evidence that none of that was true!!!! There was document after document after document showing that they were indeed in deep financial doodoo. They had as many problems in their marriage as ANY young couple with three kids and their own business. In fact, any couple of ANY age would find that difficult unless they were seriously well off financially and could afford lots of help. The Routiers had a broken down boat, a broken down car, loads of debt, no hope of the business picking up, Darlie loosing it because of self-doubt and low self-esteem, three very time consuming children and don't forget Darlie's endless reputation of coming to the aid of all of her friends and family in need and she can no longer take care of her own family, let alone help anyone else. She's not sleeping at night, she feels "fat," most likely think that Darin is seeing someone else and they can't even get a $5,000 loan so that they can go on vacation. And, during all of this b.s., they're planning on RENEWING THEIR VOWS???? Are you freaking kidding me?????

(sorry, I'm not going off on you - just thinking this all through in my head again after many moons of trying not to think about it). I'll calm down now.

Anyway, I completely agree with you that Darin didn't have a hand in the murders, but he was there minutes after and is in deep. He's in so deep that he can't pass a lie detector examiner asking him his own name.

No, they'll not get a divorce. United we stand and divided we fall. Until Darlie is given the needle, he'll remain the devoted, loving husband we know and NOT love!! LOL

He wasn't required to testify the first time, but he did. His testimony and her own testimony, I believe, is a large reason why she got convicted. Juries are not stupid. The old addage that they're too dumb to get out of jury duty is a falsehood. The fact that Darlie and Darin had the gaul to get up before that jury and say that they had a perfect marriage, had perfect kids, Darlie LOVED to clean the house after three boys and that they had absolutely NO financial problems was laughable. In fact, it was worse than laughable it was disgusting. The prosecution, they HAD to know was going to come out with all sorts of unrefutable evidence that none of that was true!!!! There was document after document after document showing that they were indeed in deep financial doodoo. They had as many problems in their marriage as ANY young couple with three kids and their own business. In fact, any couple of ANY age would find that difficult unless they were seriously well off financially and could afford lots of help. The Routiers had a broken down boat, a broken down car, loads of debt, no hope of the business picking up, Darlie loosing it because of self-doubt and low self-esteem, three very time consuming children and don't forget Darlie's endless reputation of coming to the aid of all of her friends and family in need and she can no longer take care of her own family, let alone help anyone else. She's not sleeping at night, she feels "fat," most likely think that Darin is seeing someone else and they can't even get a $5,000 loan so that they can go on vacation. And, during all of this b.s., they're planning on RENEWING THEIR VOWS???? Are you freaking kidding me?????

(sorry, I'm not going off on you - just thinking this all through in my head again after many moons of trying not to think about it). I'll calm down now.

Anyway, I completely agree with you that Darin didn't have a hand in the murders, but he was there minutes after and is in deep. He's in so deep that he can't pass a lie detector examiner asking him his own name.

No, they'll not get a divorce. United we stand and divided we fall. Until Darlie is given the needle, he'll remain the devoted, loving husband we know and NOT love!! LOL

Any ideas on when she will be executed? Hasn't she been on DR over 10 years now?

According to http://www.fordarlieroutier.org website, She was granted a motion for Reconsideration back in Aug 06. She was also granted a motion for Stay at this time. Apparently now there is going to be an investigation into new evidence. According to this website no further action will be taken in the US Courts until this investigation is complete.

Why should he make things easier for her? Who knows, she might have a pen pal she wants to remarry, one with money? :chicken: Seriously though, even though I don't believe he was in on the deed, I think as he was trying to do cpr on the children he realized who did it quite quickly. I also think he's the type who refuses to admit he was wrong in his judgement about her and one who doesn't like being seen as a fool.

I think his reasons for not divorcing her might be more for their remaining son's sake.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudesgirl
Back