Should Darlie have a new trial?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should Darlie Routier be given a new trial?

• Total voters
He wasn't required to testify the first time, but he did. His testimony and her own testimony, I believe, is a large reason why she got convicted. Juries are not stupid. The old addage that they're too dumb to get out of jury duty is a falsehood. The fact that Darlie and Darin had the gaul to get up before that jury and say that they had a perfect marriage, had perfect kids, Darlie LOVED to clean the house after three boys and that they had absolutely NO financial problems was laughable. In fact, it was worse than laughable it was disgusting. The prosecution, they HAD to know was going to come out with all sorts of unrefutable evidence that none of that was true!!!! There was document after document after document showing that they were indeed in deep financial doodoo. They had as many problems in their marriage as ANY young couple with three kids and their own business. In fact, any couple of ANY age would find that difficult unless they were seriously well off financially and could afford lots of help. The Routiers had a broken down boat, a broken down car, loads of debt, no hope of the business picking up, Darlie loosing it because of self-doubt and low self-esteem, three very time consuming children and don't forget Darlie's endless reputation of coming to the aid of all of her friends and family in need and she can no longer take care of her own family, let alone help anyone else. She's not sleeping at night, she feels "fat," most likely think that Darin is seeing someone else and they can't even get a $5,000 loan so that they can go on vacation. And, during all of this b.s., they're planning on RENEWING THEIR VOWS???? Are you freaking kidding me?????

(sorry, I'm not going off on you - just thinking this all through in my head again after many moons of trying not to think about it). I'll calm down now.

Anyway, I completely agree with you that Darin didn't have a hand in the murders, but he was there minutes after and is in deep. He's in so deep that he can't pass a lie detector examiner asking him his own name.

No, they'll not get a divorce. United we stand and divided we fall. Until Darlie is given the needle, he'll remain the devoted, loving husband we know and NOT love!! LOL
no problem ! I get frustrated as well from reading about some of these cases,in specific I can't figure out why us taxpayers have to pay to keep ppl like Jeffery MacDonald alive! Morally he should have been gone a longggg time ago,as I'm sure Collette's family would agree.

no problem ! I get frustrated as well from reading about some of these cases,in specific I can't figure out why us taxpayers have to pay to keep ppl like Jeffery MacDonald alive! Morally he should have been gone a longggg time ago,as I'm sure Collette's family would agree.

Man, you're not joking about that!!!! That man irritates me like almost no other! Anyone who could do that just isn't worth the space.

Okay I finally got the book with all the pictures. WOW. If I haven't been so into this case I really think those pictures would give me nightmares. I have one question right now.... why did Devon have so much blood all over him. FACE, CHEST, ARMS, etc. I can see Darin going from his face to his chest but not his arms, shorts, and leg. I know he didn't move so how did it flow like that.

Okay I finally got the book with all the pictures. WOW. If I haven't been so into this case I really think those pictures would give me nightmares. I have one question right now.... why did Devon have so much blood all over him. FACE, CHEST, ARMS, etc. I can see Darin going from his face to his chest but not his arms, shorts, and leg. I know he didn't move so how did it flow like that.

Some people think that Devon did wake and stood when Damon was stabbed hence the blood flow, but Devon didn't have spurting wounds so how would all that blood flow that fast and especially if he was put down right away with the second stab. Could it be from Darin blowing into his mouth? He said blood sprayed from the chest wounds when he did that. I think a lot of the blood is from cpr. The doesn't answer the question though I know of where all that blood came from.

It shouldn't be an unanswered question for you, because Darin's jeans were made available to the defense back in August of 1996.

They obviously had no evidentiary value, because neither side admitted them into evidence.

I always love it when the defense whines about evidence that went "untested" by the police and try to claim its exculpatory. Why anyone falls for this is beyond me. The defense can test anything they want, or at worst, they can file a motion to test it, so if the judge denies them testing it becomes an appealable issue.

I always love it when the defense whines about evidence that went "untested" by the police and try to claim its exculpatory. Why anyone falls for this is beyond me. The defense can test anything they want, or at worst, they can file a motion to test it, so if the judge denies them testing it becomes an appealable issue.

The defense was not taking the approach that Darin could have been a suspect. Testing the jeans might have been the smart thing to do but the defense was forbidden by both Darlie and Darin that any finger pointing was not to be aimed at Darin.
Even if the new DNA tests prove a 3rd party was there unless that 3rd party is identified and a confession gained then Darlie will .more likely than not, still be executed.

Just check out the Jon Benet case, some posters, despite the fact that police have totally exhonorated the Ramsey family publicaly, still believe the family had something to do with it.

Even if a new suspect is named and a conviction of them gained some anti Darlie people will keep their opinions she did it. Even if this new DNA tests falls flat and actually proved Darlie did it some pro Darlie people will still keep their opinion.

I have come to the conclusion that people will never agree on this case no matter what.

No matter what happens if you are waiting for an apology from the "other side" you may have a very long wait, people in general have a hard time admitting when they are wrong.

The best any of us can expect is that we all come together to improve LE tools and tactics, our justice system in general. That way more guilty people are convicted and more innocent people go free. We are all human and we will make mistakes no matter how hard we try. Accepting that fact is how we grow and learn as members of the human race.

I agree Jane. Before the verdict, all the defense had to do with try and get some reasonable doubt flowing. Now that has all changed. She's no longer given the benefit of the doubt about anything and must actually PROVE that she's innocent, not just throw in the idea that someone else did it.

I think they should use the money for a new trial to expedite her death date. I wonder what she will say to her sons when she has to stand and look them in the eye and tell them why she choose to murder them.....

I think they should use the money for a new trial to expedite her death date. I wonder what she will say to her sons when she has to stand and look them in the eye and tell them why she choose to murder them.....
What a day that will be, how chilling.

My thought exactly! One presumes that location will be quite a bit hotter.

what is your (not you, just general) idea of Hell? Mine is the worst things you've done in your life come back to haunt you...played over and over and over again so you never have any peace...your terrible misdeeds are in front of your face daily, hourly, minutely ( is that a word, LOL).

That's what I wish for Darlie anyway.

what is your (not you, just general) idea of Hell? Mine is the worst things you've done in your life come back to haunt you...played over and over and over again so you never have any peace...your terrible misdeeds are in front of your face daily, hourly, minutely ( is that a word, LOL).

That's what I wish for Darlie anyway.
In the case of those who wantonly murder and have had no remorse while alive, having to re-experience those same events over and over as a soul may end up being akin to a prisoner, who behind the bars of their cell relives the events out of pleasure.

I'm against murderers being allowed to have photos of those they've killed as it enables them to enjoy and refresh their mind continually of the event.

As for their souls, only God or whatever entity one believes in, if any, will see to their punishment, remorse or redemption.

I am so glad these DR forums are back!

I absolutely believe Darlie should have a new trial. The more I read the more I know that a miscarriage of justice was done - as in the crime scene , as in the Ability of the Defence Lawyer to adequately defend Darlie and present the facts properly, as in the evidence having a slanted view.

NO in my mind, people made their mind up that Darlie did it. Lets face it it was going to be a LONG haul to try and find the person that did do it, and here we have a woman , hysterical woman, not getting all her facts out STRAIGHT, and a few things seemingly to be a bit off, not in the right place, a blood spot here not how it should be , a vacumn cleaner with her blood on, things just not the way it should be and Voila we have ourselves a little murderer - Lets fry her.

Two little boys carved up, And A jury sees a mother throwing a party at a grave site of them..Yup I can understand, and without having looked into things a bit deeper I certainly would be saying GUILTY. Because I am a mother and WHO does that at a grave - one week after their child is dead ?

Plenty of people do similar things when they lose loved ones. Grief does unbelievable things.

I remember Laughing at my Mothers funeral, ridiculously laughing - it was the total giggles and I was beside myself because I couldn't understand how I could possibly giggle but - then I dissolved into tears not too long after

Grief does inexplicable things.

I do not believe Darlie Routier killed her two baby boys. WHAT FOR ? there is NO REASON on this earth for her to do it. And I do not believe that " they were in her way , her life " was a reason to kill them.

Sadly I think the world is made up of mob mentality and its only the very few brave that are willing to look at the other possibilities and not follow the flock

This is JUST MY OPINION :)

I am so glad these DR forums are back!

I absolutely believe Darlie should have a new trial. The more I read the more I know that a miscarriage of justice was done - as in the crime scene , as in the Ability of the Defence Lawyer to adequately defend Darlie and present the facts properly, as in the evidence having a slanted view.

NO in my mind, people made their mind up that Darlie did it. Lets face it it was going to be a LONG haul to try and find the person that did do it, and here we have a woman , hysterical woman, not getting all her facts out STRAIGHT, and a few things seemingly to be a bit off, not in the right place, a blood spot here not how it should be , a vacumn cleaner with her blood on, things just not the way it should be and Voila we have ourselves a little murderer - Lets fry her.

Two little boys carved up, And A jury sees a mother throwing a party at a grave site of them..Yup I can understand, and without having looked into things a bit deeper I certainly would be saying GUILTY. Because I am a mother and WHO does that at a grave - one week after their child is dead ?

Plenty of people do similar things when they lose loved ones. Grief does unbelievable things.

I remember Laughing at my Mothers funeral, ridiculously laughing - it was the total giggles and I was beside myself because I couldn't understand how I could possibly giggle but - then I dissolved into tears not too long after

Grief does inexplicable things.

I do not believe Darlie Routier killed her two baby boys. WHAT FOR ? there is NO REASON on this earth for her to do it. And I do not believe that " they were in her way , her life " was a reason to kill them.

Sadly I think the world is made up of mob mentality and its only the very few brave that are willing to look at the other possibilities and not follow the flock

This is JUST MY OPINION :)
and MY OPINION, is, you need to do alot more research-:)

My husband is close friends with all of the medics that went on the call and we have all sat around and talked extensively about the crime scene and this case and believe me no one in the pd or fd has any doubt about her guilt.

and MY OPINION, is, you need to do alot more research-:)

So I take it you don't think there is a possibility that she is innocent ?
And that anyone who disagrees with your opinion should do a lot more research ?
Its my opinion as I stated. Why don't you state your opinion instead of telling me to do more research ? :rolleyes:

I have to commend you Jane for standing your ground. Its obvious you feel very strongly about this case.:clap:

I would say yes but ONLY because I think the husband is involved as well.I guess what I am trying to say is,I'd give her a chance to spill the beans.That's all.

I say "Yes" only so that hopefully we could finally get to the truth of the matter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny
Back