Should Darlie have a new trial?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should Darlie Routier be given a new trial?

• Total voters
Some truly wonderful informative posts here.

I'll admit I voted YES for a new trial only because I remain so worried she was not guilty and the DP is final obviously. What a travesty if she is truly innocent. Others have had new trials with less reason if you ask me. This is a case where I feel there is just cause for new examination using more advanced techniques and then if she is truly guilty....off with her head. That very day if possible.

I'll admit I voted YES for a new trial only because I remain so worried she was not guilty and the DP is final obviously. What a travesty if she is truly innocent. Others have had new trials with less reason if you ask me. This is a case where I feel there is just cause for new examination using more advanced techniques and then if she is truly guilty....off with her head. That very day if possible.

:clap:I love you for your post, good fighting these guys on this website... They all believe "HANG DARLIE"... !!! Thanks for your post!! Hang in there, I am sure you will get many posts to come, however, I still believe there is enough for a true trial again which hopefully won't be just about the self centered Darlie, and not the character assasination or the BS at the gravesite that seems to have convicted her, however, the true evidence that I still contradict!! Good Luck Hunting!!! Most don't like me here, so good luck for you!!!

Don't worry Mrs. P. The state proved to a jury that Darlie is guilty and 13 years of appeals have upheld their verdict. All of the physical evidence proves she did it. Investigators let the evidence lead them to the guilty party and that's what happened here. I know some people like to think that Darlie was targeted in 15 minutes but that's not true. An experienced CS investigator knew almost right away there was no intruder but they had no idea who committed the crime until the evidence started coming back. They actually had targeted Darin at first.

Holy Cow, I've totally forgotten about this stuff until now, as I watch a rerun on the We channel of an old 20/20 episode. I'm gonna have to purchase this episode, because she is a poster child for for spotting someone who is lying....

Anyhoo, as I said over a year ago, the Fingerprint/DNA appeal came back as nothing. Just another goose chase. Wonder why there are no updates on her site about it? It doesn't take a year and a half to get results back. (Although I'm sure they want to think we all forgot about it).

Deny. Check

Blame it on the pros. Check

Con good people into believing you? Check

Flirt with a millionaire in hopes he will help? Check

Throw your husband under the bus. Check

Con your way into an appeal based on "new evidence". Check

Tests come back as nothing new. Check Mate

Is Darlie guilty? Certainly. Is she sorry? Yes, undoubtably. What happened that night, so long ago, was the act of a very sad, very troubled woman. I don't think she cries as much for being caught, as she does for actually having done it.

Just my two pennies.

Holy Cow, I've totally forgotten about this stuff until now, as I watch a rerun on the We channel of an old 20/20 episode. I'm gonna have to purchase this episode, because she is a poster child for for spotting someone who is lying....

Anyhoo, as I said over a year ago, the Fingerprint/DNA appeal came back as nothing. Just another goose chase. Wonder why there are no updates on her site about it? It doesn't take a year and a half to get results back. (Although I'm sure they want to think we all forgot about it).

Deny. Check

Is Darlie guilty? Certainly. Is she sorry? Yes, undoubtably. What happened that night, so long ago, was the act of a very sad, very troubled woman. I don't think she cries as much for being caught, as she does for actually having done it.

Just my two pennies.

Dasqal, welcome back....

Deny. Check

Just my two pennies.

Well that it's then, the defense's whole ball of wax just melted. They were counting on those prints to prove someone else was in the house. Well we knew there wasn't and that those are Darlie's prints. I even speculated they should be careful what they wish for. What if those prints came back from AFIS matched to Darlie? Then what?

I agree with your assesment. I think being locked up really brought it home to her. ITA she was troubled, she was unstable really at the time of the murders. Too bad she didn't allow Mulder to use mitigating factors at the sentencing phase of the trial, she would have received life I believe.

I have emailed the website several times to ask for an update on the dna tests but I never get an answer. They'll have to release them sometime. Is the end of her appeals? Anyone know?

MOO

If it's the end of her appeals,does that mean that execution will come anytime soon (if at all?) I just have my doubts it will ever happen.I know the female Tucker killer (can't recall her whole name right now) was executed in tx,I just feel that somehow,Darlie may escape the same fate and stay locked up for the rest of her life instead.

If it's the end of her appeals,does that mean that execution will come anytime soon (if at all?) I just have my doubts it will ever happen.I know the female Tucker killer (can't recall her whole name right now) was executed in tx,I just feel that somehow,Darlie may escape the same fate and stay locked up for the rest of her life instead.

I do too, if they are not going to execute Cathy Henderson, then they won't execute Darlie. I think this is the end of her appeals..except to the Supreme Court. What's appealable now if these dna tests didn't help her.

Either way...life in prison without parole or the DP...is fine with me. Two observations:

Even several of the Manson women have made some positive contributions to female education and mental health while in prison (whether they are sincere or posturing is not for me to say). I have never heard Darlie talk about anything or do anything that doesn't concern Darlie.

I should have anticipated my own feelings concerning the execution of the DC sniper. I didn't feel any sense of justice. I just felt exteme sadness for the victims and their families. I am guessing I won't feel much different (I support the DP) if they execute Darlie. Just sadness and lives wasted.

IMO...there is no feeling OK nor any sense making things right when innocent victims are killed.

I saw a Forensics File show on this case and they seemed to wrap it up pretty well. I did see an American Justice (?) on this case and they said there was a print in the house that didn't belong to anyone there. That gives me pause enough to spare her the death penalty.

Also, wasn't there a sock found outside the house? I've heard it was in between her house and the neighbors and I've also heard it was a couple of houses down. I still think she's guilty but IMO, the evidence adds up to 90% chance of being guilty not 100%

Karla Faye Tucker

What's interesting to me about her is the number of people who were protesting her execution. IMO, it's because she was a white woman who turned to Christianity. I don't think there would be a lot of protesters for a black man that turned to the teachings of Islam.

:cow:

What's interesting to me about her is the number of people who were protesting her execution. IMO, it's because she was a white woman who turned to Christianity. I don't think there would be a lot of protesters for a black man that turned to the teachings of Islam.

:cow:

The months preceding Karla Faye's execution were difficult for me to watch on the news. One always hopes that an evil person sees the light (pardon the pun--NOT), but there is no escaping the fact that actions have consequences. For me, IMO, JMO, I hope that she was at peace, but the sentence is what it is. I felt the same way for Aileen Wuornos who expressed NO higher thought levels beyond her own anger.

I understand what you are saying about the protesters. Christian, Islamic, atheist...life isn't fair and the death penalty sentenced may never betreated equally. The protesters bothered me, but they weren't the families of the victims, so I tried not to give them much thought or mental energy.

I don't want to hijack this thread. The peeps have done pretty well staying on topic. I guess I hope Darlie finds some peace for her soul, but I don't really care what happens to her as long as she isn't free.

After years of feeling sorry for Darlie some people in this thread pointed me in the direction of reading the transcripts and viewing photos a couple of months ago. I saw the picture of the garage, window screen, and outside of that window area and I didn't see any blood. That alone convinced me that Darlie is the one who murdered those precious boys.
Darlie should have thought of the DP before she even considered doing what she did. Darlie lives in Texas for Gods sake. I will never know why she thought she would get away with murdering her boys. So my point is she made that decision and now she needs to face the consequences of her actions.
I no longer have any pity for this woman what so ever. Her execution cannot come soon enough for me.

I saw a Forensics File show on this case and they seemed to wrap it up pretty well. I did see an American Justice (?) on this case and they said there was a print in the house that didn't belong to anyone there. That gives me pause enough to spare her the death penalty.

Also, wasn't there a sock found outside the house? I've heard it was in between her house and the neighbors and I've also heard it was a couple of houses down. I still think she's guilty but IMO, the evidence adds up to 90% chance of being guilty not 100%

American Justice is incorrect as they are on most of the crimes they present.

IMO, you need to look at what leads up to and what surrounds these two bloody prints. The only blood trail leading to the print on the back door comes from Darlie, and the only blood beyond the door in the Utility Room is Darlies. Darlie swore she never entered the utility room, yet her blood is in there on the floor and on the appliances. Both prints are small, have small ridges and according to a froensics anthropologist, they have a 60% of being an adult womans. They do not compare with an over 6 ft, 200 lb man.

So I ask myself, how did this intruder leave one bloody smudged print on a glass table and on a door without a blood trail in between. If his hands were that bloody where is the rest of the blood? Why isn't there any on the wine glass or the rack, in the garage, on the window, outside on the pavement?

These prints have been classified as unidentifable as they are partial prints, that's mannah for the defence, they can claim they don't belong to the family.

Darlie has not been excluded from these prints..except by her defence..not the state.

Only Darlie can explain that sock since she put it there. And she's not talking.

IMO, of course she should have a new trial. Her defence team should be allowed the opportunity to have access to, and to test, evidence. Then they should have the opportunity to present this evidence infront of an unbiased and uninfluenced jury. After all a womans life is at stake here, and if it so happens that she didnt commit this crime im sure that everyone would be relieved that they found this out BEFORE they executed her!

Thank you Nicola, SO VERY TRUE and the only right thing to do with so much speculation hanging out there. Let's just commence a new trial and then we can finally put this case to rest hopefully.... JMO!!! :woohoo::twocents::applause:

Darlie did it. No, she should absolutely not have another trial. not jmo

American Justice is incorrect as they are on most of the crimes they present.

IMO, you need to look at what leads up to and what surrounds these two bloody prints. The only blood trail leading to the print on the back door comes from Darlie, and the only blood beyond the door in the Utility Room is Darlies. Darlie swore she never entered the utility room, yet her blood is in there on the floor and on the appliances. Both prints are small, have small ridges and according to a froensics anthropologist, they have a 60% of being an adult womans. They do not compare with an over 6 ft, 200 lb man.

So I ask myself, how did this intruder leave one bloody smudged print on a glass table and on a door without a blood trail in between. If his hands were that bloody where is the rest of the blood? Why isn't there any on the wine glass or the rack, in the garage, on the window, outside on the pavement?

These prints have been classified as unidentifable as they are partial prints, that's mannah for the defence, they can claim they don't belong to the family.

Darlie has not been excluded from these prints..except by her defence..not the state.

Only Darlie can explain that sock since she put it there. And she's not talking.

This obviously very one sided but here's her website.

http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/HerProof/#1

Here's a TruTV synopsis; http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/women/routier/1.html

Here's their house.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...J6e9Cp3SZhE5WwOcw_ZIdQ&cbp=13,284.53,,0,-10.3

Darlie did it. No, she should absolutely not have another trial. not jmo

Good for you!

Darlie had a fair trial in 1997. She's had 13 years to prove her actual innocence, and hasn't even come close.

Despite what some people believe, she was not convicted on circumstantial evidence. There was indisputable forensic proof that she murdered her boys.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back