Should Darlie have a new trial?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should Darlie Routier be given a new trial?

• Total voters
I believe that there is nothing for Darlie to seek a deal with. I believe that Darrin was only involved in the cover-up of the crime. Darlie knows that Darin is dating other women. She can't squeal on herself....

whity- I respect your opinion, and it has been awhile since I re-reviewed this case, however, I don't know anyone that would agree to a cover up in the minutes following his sons' slaughter. Imo, once the appellate process for the first son is exhausted, there will be a grand jury indictment for both of them on the second son and she will cut a deal to testify, just my gut.

whity- I respect your opinion, and it has been awhile since I re-reviewed this case, however, I don't know anyone that would agree to a cover up in the minutes following his sons' slaughter. Imo, once the appellate process for the first son is exhausted, there will be a grand jury indictment for both of them on the second son and she will cut a deal to testify, just my gut.

It will never happen. Things just don't work that way, especially here in Texas. If they had anything they could charge Darin with, he'd be in prison right now. There simply isn't enough evidence to charge him with anything. Since the State does reserve the right to charge Darlie at any time with the murder of the second son, there is always the chance that she could be charged with that, but don't look for it to happen unless things go her way on her appeal, which no one expects. If her appeals are denied, the State will not bring charges in the death of the second son.

I know what you are saying... however the Routier's are not of the norm. After reading and reading and reading some more, I truely believe that Darin went into cover up mode shortly after LE arrived. I know that it is hard for you and I to fathom but if you go back and read his "accounts", you can "see" the beginnings of a cover-up, of course IMO. :)

I know what you are saying... however the Routier's are not of the norm. After reading and reading and reading some more, I truely believe that Darin went into cover up mode shortly after LE arrived. I know that it is hard for you and I to fathom but if you go back and read his "accounts", you can "see" the beginnings of a cover-up, of course IMO. :)

well said, I think they are both wacky (clinical term). I will review again at some point, and maybe a fresh look will change my thinking, but either way, I hate that he is free.

well said, I think they are both wacky (clinical term). I will review again at some point, and maybe a fresh look will change my thinking, but either way, I hate that he is free.

Yea I agree but I think about the "guilt" he has to deal with every time he goes to visit their graves and talking to their brother about it. I would not want to deal with that kind of torment for the past 11.5 years. But then again, Darlie is able to sleep at night.

Sometimes I wish I could "turn stuff off" like some people seem to be capable of.

right? would be nice. But your assuming he has guilt which I do not believe. I think if you can cover up the slaughter of your babies for any reason you are incapable of guilt.

right? would be nice. But your assuming he has guilt which I do not believe. I think if you can cover up the slaughter of your babies for any reason you are incapable of guilt.

Yes, I have to agree. Just wishful thinking on my part. I just don't know though about Darin. If you watch the infamous silly string tape and pay attention to Darin, you see the pain (or whatever he is feeling) on his face. He def. looks "upset" esp. if you compare his reaction to his wife's.

If they were able to prove that Darin did in-fact help with the "cover-up", he should also be sitting in jail. How long??? I could not answer that question. Someone people believe he did what he did because of his LOVE for Darlie. ME, I could not defend anyone who would harm my babies. I don't care how many years we were together. But as we all have read in other places, apparently allot of "partners" protect each other like that. The Jason Midgette case comes to mind.

Yes, I have to agree. Just wishful thinking on my part. I just don't know though about Darin. If you watch the infamous silly string tape and pay attention to Darin, you see the pain (or whatever he is feeling) on his face. He def. looks "upset" esp. if you compare his reaction to his wife's.

If they were able to prove that Darin did in-fact help with the "cover-up", he should also be sitting in jail. How long??? I could not answer that question. Someone people believe he did what he did because of his LOVE for Darlie. ME, I could not defend anyone who would harm my babies. I don't care how many years we were together. But as we all have read in other places, apparently allot of "partners" protect each other like that. The Jason Midgette case comes to mind.
Not familiar with JM, and respectfully, googled with zippo response?

Not familiar with JM, and respectfully, googled with zippo response?

I spelled the name wrong...sorry.... Google Jason Midyette. Very Very sad...

Long story short, one of those parents killed their son and they both are protecting one another. Which is what I believed happened with Darlie and Darin. Darin realized that there was no way "someone" came in and "intentionally" killed those two little boys. I believe that was why he started or tried to start the "rape" theory.

No I don't think Darlie should get a new trial. Darlie chose to take the stand AGAINST her lawyer's advice. Next up- Darlie was fully 100% aware that her attorney also had represented and worked her husband. IMO this excludes a negligent or conflicted defense. Lastly on the bruising-all of those pictures were available and presented during the trial.

Sure I'd like to know how they got there but the truly don't raise reasonable doubt for me. ( I have actually considered the Darlie may have gotten them climbing herself over the fence to run and plant the sock with the small amount of blood)

On the silly string video, I really dont get what the big deal is and don't find it disturbing in the least. People all grieve differently. My best friend had us all release balloons on her daughter's b-day at her grave and have cupcakes and bubble blowing! Besides they had a memorial beforehand.

My reason for not buying any intruder theory is simple:
Criminals don't come to homes in order to commit crimes and savage murderous attacks unarmed and taking the victims own kitchen knives to commit the crimes. Darlie wasn't raped, they weren't burglarized. They live in an enormous home yet she chooses at 1:30 a.m. or so not to put her children in their beds and stay asleep on the floor/sofa area with them??!! I simply don't buy it summer break or not! ( I have raised 3 boys of my own) This is way too convenient for me.

I am a firm believer that evidence speaks for itself. Especially when it's blood and lot's of it. Even if we take the luminol issue with the sink and the proposed clean-up off the table, and only are looking at that counter/sink area you cannot miss the fact that someone stood there bleeding. It looks as if her throat was slit right there. Not to mention the fact that the struggle appears to have taken place after the attacks.

I'll also be the first up to admit that there are amoral cops and prsecutors out there. But in this case IMO they've done a fine job. I also don't believe that Darren had anything to do with the attacks.

IMO Darlie was an overwrought, severely unstable young mother suffering from post-partum depression who was looking for a way out.I think that she was also spoiled rotten! I really in believe my heart it was planned in advance and when it came to herself she just couldn't follow through. IMO it wasn't for money or anything of the sort.

No I don't think Darlie should get a new trial. Darlie chose to take the stand AGAINST her lawyer's advice. Next up- Darlie was fully 100% aware that her attorney also had represented and worked her husband. IMO this excludes a negligent or conflicted defense. Lastly on the bruising-all of those pictures were available and presented during the trial.

Sure I'd like to know how they got there but the truly don't raise reasonable doubt for me. ( I have actually considered the Darlie may have gotten them climbing herself over the fence to run and plant the sock with the small amount of blood)

On the silly string video, I really dont get what the big deal is and don't find it disturbing in the least. People all grieve differently. My best friend had us all release balloons on her daughter's b-day at her grave and have cupcakes and bubble blowing! Besides they had a memorial beforehand.

My reason for not buying any intruder theory is simple:
Criminals don't come to homes in order to commit crimes and savage murderous attacks unarmed and taking the victims own kitchen knives to commit the crimes. Darlie wasn't raped, they weren't burglarized. They live in an enormous home yet she chooses at 1:30 a.m. or so not to put her children in their beds and stay asleep on the floor/sofa area with them??!! I simply don't buy it summer break or not! ( I have raised 3 boys of my own) This is way too convenient for me.

I am a firm believer that evidence speaks for itself. Especially when it's blood and lot's of it. Even if we take the luminol issue with the sink and the proposed clean-up off the table, and only are looking at that counter/sink area you cannot miss the fact that someone stood there bleeding. It looks as if her throat was slit right there. Not to mention the fact that the struggle appears to have taken place after the attacks.

I'll also be the first up to admit that there are amoral cops and prsecutors out there. But in this case IMO they've done a fine job. I also don't believe that Darren had anything to do with the attacks.

IMO Darlie was an overwrought, severely unstable young mother suffering from post-partum depression who was looking for a way out.I think that she was also spoiled rotten! I really in believe my heart it was planned in advance and when it came to herself she just couldn't follow through. IMO it wasn't for money or anything of the sort.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: very well said and I completely agree.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: very well said and I completely agree.

Well thank you very much. I just cannot help myself. Every dang time I see an interview with Darlie, Darrin, her mother or other supporter my stomach turns and I feel like vomiting.

Like I said in my post above I am a mother of three boys who are now 18, 22 & 23. I can remember those exact years of 5 & 6. Mine were thirteen months apart to the day. I simply cannot imagine what must of been going through their poor little hearts and souls while their mother murdered them. It absolutely breaks my heart. :mad: I honestly believe in my heart that she thought she'd get away with it and have everyone in America crying for Her.

My uncle is also an extremely seasoned (veteran) Chicago homicide detective and has worked many a crime scene before. He's said that the word is many of those personnel will never recover from what they saw when they were @ Routier's that night.

BTW I did forget to add that we're also being asked to believe that more than 21 people lied or stretched the truth when begging for her innocence!

Well thank you very much. I just cannot help myself. Every dang time I see an interview with Darlie, Darrin, her mother or other supporter my stomach turns and I feel like vomiting.

Like I said in my post above I am a mother of three boys who are now 18, 22 & 23. I can remember those exact years of 5 & 6. Mine were thirteen months apart to the day. I simply cannot imagine what must of been going through their poor little hearts and souls while their mother murdered them. It absolutely breaks my heart. :mad: I honestly believe in my heart that she thought she'd get away with it and have everyone in America crying for Her.

My uncle is also an extremely seasoned (veteran) Chicago homicide detective and has worked many a crime scene before. He's said that the word is many of those personnel will never recover from what they saw when they were @ Routier's that night.

BTW I did forget to add that we're also being asked to believe that more than 21 people lied or stretched the truth when begging for her innocence!
Thats a given, I seen the crime scene pics and I cant get the picture out of my mind. My son is going to be 7 next month and I cant imagine what the boys went through. Its horrific.

<<I really in believe my heart it was planned in advance and when it came to herself she just couldn't follow through. IMO it wasn't for money or anything of the sort>>

That's exactly what I think too. I posted elsewhere that I think she pulled a "Susan Smith", meaning exactly what you just said. She chickened out when it came to herself. Look at the wounds suffered by both boys. She wanted to make sure they wouldn't survive.

<<I don't know anyone that would agree to a cover up in the minutes following his sons' slaughter.>>

I don't either; which is why I believe that deep down Darren knows she did it, but he'll never admit that. I think that's why he failed the lie detector because he knows deep down she did it.

thanks for the snip from my post, obviously I dont "own" that theory, but there is no way he was not involved from the beginning. Not necessarily saying it didnt go wrong in the meantime, but he KNEW

I think you're right ... I think he knew too. He may not have said so and he probably never will. But I think he knew how Darlie was and just what she was capable of. Darlie had a history of dramatics when things didn't go her way. Look how she acted at Darrin's graduation party when he wouldn't leave with her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny
Back