Should Don Imus be fired?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm proud to say Snoop Dogg is barred from UK forever!

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/Snoop+Dogg+barred+from+UK+forever-9830.html

here's what makes me laugh:

Snoop Dogg was denied a British visa this week. He says he is shocked but remains hopeful authorities will allow him to share a “message of love and harmony.”
“I was shocked by the decision but am optimistic that the British authorities will soon realize my global efforts to promote peace and grant me the opportunity to come back for my fans,” the rapper said.

http://www.tltnews.net/2007/03/31/snoop-dogg-not-welcomed-in-britain

I'm proud to say Snoop Dogg is barred from UK forever!

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/Snoop+Dogg+barred+from+UK+forever-9830.html

here's what makes me laugh:

Snoop Dogg was denied a British visa this week. He says he is shocked but remains hopeful authorities will allow him to share a “message of love and harmony.”
“I was shocked by the decision but am optimistic that the British authorities will soon realize my global efforts to promote peace and grant me the opportunity to come back for my fans,” the rapper said.

http://www.tltnews.net/2007/03/31/snoop-dogg-not-welcomed-in-britain

That's hilarious Floh. It's a colossal lie ( promoting love, harmony, peace) who does he possibly think he's fooling?

I posted his gripe about 2 or 3 posts above. Yeah, apparently it's Snoop Dogg's world, and we all just live in it.

Yeah, I read that crap. IMO, he doesn't seem too opressed so what does he have to gripe about? Nothing.

"A brawl ensued and seven officers were left with minor injuries, including cuts and bruises. One suffered a fractured hand." http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/Snoop+Dogg+barred+from+UK+forever-9830.html

How can a man who harms, or allows his entourage to harm, seven officers feel that he is qualified to judge anyone? Oh, I forgot, once again, us ordinary people "aren't in the same league" as him.

"A brawl ensued and seven officers were left with minor injuries, including cuts and bruises. One suffered a fractured hand." http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/Snoop+Dogg+barred+from+UK+forever-9830.html

How can a man who harms, or allows his entourage to harm, seven officers feel that he is qualified to judge anyone? Oh, I forgot, once again, us ordinary people "aren't in the same league" as him.

Sure does conflict with his messages of love, harmony and peace, huh?

MO, after much contemplation, and following it up after putting Floh's bonnet on (she said it was alright), my bee holds onto the fact that Imus and those that use the air waves to promote their "toilet mouths/total disrespect towards others than themselves, should ALL be held accountable for their RACIST (including blacks mouthing off chit about other blacks, etc.) and GENDER bashing ways.

How much more verbal moral decade are we going to tolerate before we get it? Hateful and denigrating remarks are the very fiber that pits people against people and yet we have a MINORTIY that thinks that's funny and okay and makes these airwave toilet brains/mouths laugh all the way to the bank.

Ask yourselves why this is going on. My opinion (not worth anymore than the next person's), it justifies the very bullchit folks, like Imus, spout out in hopes of justifying their daily life; to make themselves feel superior to the MAJORITY that thinks and treats others as if they were that very MINORITY. The difference . . . Imus et al are filling their bank accounts spewing racial and generic demeaning rheotoric while the majority endlessly toil, barely making ends meet, and yet . . . they STILL continue to make an effort being respectful towards those they cross paths with.

Bout time Imus and his ilk are called to the plate . . . and may this continue into the black community calling their own race to task . . . the white calling the whites to task, etc., etc., etc..

I PRAY Howard Stern is the next to be hung out to dry.

[QUOTE Bobbisangel
Until I got on this thread I didn't understand what hos meant! I understood what nappy head meant but not nappy headed hos. Now I get it...nappy headed ho's. What a thing to say. Even Imus should have known better than to say something like that. Why didn't he just say "nappy headed *advertiser censored*?"
That is what ho's means isn't it? Shame on him. That was way over the line in my opinion. He was talking about young girls who are doing something wonderful. What is wrong with him :banghead:[/QUOTE]

The remark Imus made breaks down in to two categories.

"nappy headed"/ "ho's"

Sadly, the focus is NOT on the second one which has to with the intimate reputation and moral integrity of each girl, white or black.

Rather? The focus is on the first part of the term which addresses the "condition" of hair of "most" of the girls but not all (some are white) and can be defined racially. That is what the womens basketball team and the media are focusing on. Shame on them both.

If this were Imus slipping up for the first time I would suggest he get his act together and stay home for a couple of weeks without pay. This isn't the 1st time in fact it isn't the 10th time. He needs to go. As a woman I am sick of being disrespected by every low life that can make a buck from it. These young women have grace and show the right way to handle a jeck like Imus. Talk to him, stand up for yourself, and not in the totally classless way guys like this operate, but with class. Then fire his *advertiser censored**.

so, here's thr 10 million dollar question:
what i wanna know is how come people like eminem haven't been chastized or attacked for trying to imitate a stereotypical black ghetto ? seems like he's making a mockery of them, don't you think? (along with about 75% of kids under the age of 20 nowadays.. white, hispanic, even american indian)... why aren't they offended by that? if he said 'nappy headed ho' in a song, do you think anyone would care?

He has been. A year or two ago a tape was discovered with an Eminem demo track where he degraded black women. He was definitely nailed to the wall on that one. He apologized, and then it went away. He obviously has a much better publicist than Don Imus.

Also, I don't think he's imitating black hip-hop culture. He's living it. He grew up in the not so nice streets of Detroit. His whole crew is black. If there was any issue with him being a white boy, they've definitely gotten over it.

Imus should not be fired, he said something bad yes. But hes apologized about it, he cant do anything else .He cant turn back time and never say it , he made a mistake and has apologize. People need to learn how to let things go. People make mistakes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back