Should False Leads and "Sightings" be Prosecuted?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And they would have to lockup the 5000 or so people who sent in psychic tips.

Bingo!

I believe in such things. Also I know that some folks think they can, but don't. And then there are the others who have had a dream and think that this one time it might be related.. cause they heard such things happened with someone else.

Not reporting such things, makes some folks feel guilty. Like they know something and are holding it back. No way to know what is truth or not. The reality is, they get so much of such calls, it makes it see like unrealistic leads. And it is. 5,000? Way to many to check out on limited funds. However, if someone gets it right, they just made themselves the target of investigation. AFter seeing so many such leads that are false, no way will they believe the person just 'knew' it. So they are going to think the caller is involved.

Personally, I think I wouldnt' ever call such a thing in. I would be afraid I was right. I couldn't afford the stress of the cops trying to pin it on me.

I think that we have to look at the bigger picture here - the long term effect of prosecuting people that report sightings (even if they turn out to be false) of missing people. Wasting the time of LE is wrong but prosecuting would set an unwanted precedent.

Do not prosecute those that called the tip line, but DO prosecute the so called tips called into to CA.

I think if they could prove that the false sightings came as a request from either the A fam or the defense...they should be charged for Obstruction. Besides that, they would have nothing to charge them with, imo. Sad to say.

No. Don't prosecute. Like others have said, I'm afraid that would discourage people from reporting when an amber alert goes out.

I think most of these people have good intentions, even if they really don't believe it's the child. Better safe than sorry. I would rather report something I wasn't quite sure of then find out later a murdered child could still be alive if myself and others would have only reported the sighting.

And they would have to lockup the 5000 or so people who sent in psychic tips.

LOL.........for sure!!! :clap:

That's a little different from this guy. He went into great detail.......oh like four months after Caylee disapeared. LE actually forbid him to search for Caylee, and I bet they told him to stay away from the media too. JMO

Lots to discuss here. Please watch TOS violations, things like being rude to each other, snarkiness and name calling of anyone are all earning holiday vacations.
Please review all rules if you don't know what constitutes a violation.

Lots to discuss JB.....yuppers!!!!

GoChargers!!!:blowkiss:

No -- the airport tipster said the little girl said something like "The girl told me her name was Cay--lee Anthony" --

Which obviously was a load of crap.

I agree 100%. Unfortunately sooo many wackos came out of the woodwork, for this case!

Just maaaaybe if the A family didn't have false leads, they might have leaned on KC a bit harder.

UM...NO.

How many children have been saved by reported sightings that very well could have been false or mistaken? Do you think there would EVER be another child sighting reported if the person reporting it has to worry about being prosecuted? Not to mention, in order to start prosecuting, we would have to do away with the anonymity usually awarded to witnesses. So no, if LE has to spend millions on false tips in the hopes of finding a real one, that's fine by me. I pay taxes like the rest of us. I'd rather see it go to this, than see it go to padding a governors pockets. IMO.

The guy who says he saw Casey with the straw/floppy hat didn't bother to get a plate number. That shows it is bogus.

Why would he have gotten the license plate number? He said his sighting was around June 27th, which would be about 20 days before Caylee was reported missing. It was apparently an odd, memorable scene.

He also said that he had reported it (twice?) on the tip line, but never got a call back, which it why he apparently later mentioned it to the media.

Has anyone verified if he did, in fact, report it to the tip line based on the document dumps? Personally, I read through the first 50 or so "tips", and EVERY ONE of them was a psychic vision, a dream, a feeling, a hunch, or something of the sort. So, I didn't read any more beyond those.

If they can prove that any of the sitings were "staged/planned" then yes! But, for the rest of us doing what we thought was best... how cruel to even suggest that.

NO !!
If my child were missing, I wouldn't want anybody to be afraid to call in a tip out of fear of being prosecuted if they're wrong. If this were to happen, missing children that could be found, won't be.

I said this in another thread a few days ago. The lady who claims the little girl at the airport said "my name is Caylee Marie Anthony" is clearly LYING. What are the odds, when you add in Puerto Rico, the name, the age, the size, the date??? I think LE should definitely file charges against her. I also think they should look into her background to see if there's any way to link her to the family.
BTW...
another coincidence, the dogs (yorkies)

Where did Puerto Rico come in ? Check the facts... also no ties to the family and she doesn't have Yorkies. Prosecuted ?? Please... Good Samaritin... YES !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro