SIDEBAR #13- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge Stephens of most equable temperament is now looking at counsel who finds something more important to do than represent her client in a matter of life or death. Willmott is already engaged July 18, the day Arias's sentencing trial was to begin. Furthermore, she wants to postpone the whole procedure until fall. I posted about this sorry tactic when the news first broke but none of us, and certainly not the judge, has spit nails in outrage. I'm going to reserve an hour to do just that, this weekend. Maybe join in one of the mob scenes that seem to be taking over the town center malls all across the country. Judge Stephens has ordered the defense attorneys to remain as counsel to Arias. Since they are on the case, they should be taking part in this final trial. Why not compel them to do so! Suddenly finding something better to do is flouting the judge's orders and their own responsibilities.

I completely agree. Why all the stalling. Just get it over with already.

I think this has already been addressed by azlawyer in the legal questions thread. It's as normal as the day is long. No need to ruin your weekend over it :)

Well we already knew they would delay delay delay. It should not come as a surprise or an outrage to people.

Hey Sister, wanna go for a ride? ;)

picture.php

MUSTANG SALLY - WILSON PICKETT. - YouTube

Maybe a Magic Carpet Ride?? Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride (HQ 1080p HD Upscale) - YouTube

Well we already knew they would delay delay delay. It should not come as a surprise or an outrage to people.

I can't blame the defense for this one. The trial went way longer than expected and the jury didn't render a verdict in the penalty phase. That's not Wilmott's fault. If she has another trial scheduled, she's at the mercy of the docket and unless the court changes her schedule by moving another trial, all she has to do is tell the court she's "on her feet" in another matter. That's how the court operates. Same is true if she filed a notice of unavailability for that time frame. Plus, it's the defendant's right to a speedy trial, and she's waived that. So here we are. jmo

I can't blame the defense for this one. The trial went way longer than expected and the jury didn't render a verdict in the penalty phase. That's not Wilmott's fault. If she has another trial scheduled, she's at the mercy of the docket and unless the court changes her schedule by moving another trial, all she has to do is tell the court she's "on her feet" in another matter. That's how the court operates. Same is true if she filed a notice of unavailability for that time frame. Plus, it's the defendant's right to a speedy trial, and she's waived that. So here we are. jmo

Mmmmmmmm...

Eff it. I'm gonna let this one go...

Judge Stephens of most equable temperament is now looking at counsel who finds something more important to do than represent her client in a matter of life or death. Willmott is already engaged July 18, the day Arias's sentencing trial was to begin. Furthermore, she wants to postpone the whole procedure until fall. I posted about this sorry tactic when the news first broke but none of us, and certainly not the judge, has spit nails in outrage. I'm going to reserve an hour to do just that, this weekend. Maybe join in one of the mob scenes that seem to be taking over the town center malls all across the country. Judge Stephens has ordered the defense attorneys to remain as counsel to Arias. Since they are on the case, they should be taking part in this final trial. Why not compel them to do so! Suddenly finding something better to do is flouting the judge's orders and their own responsibilities.

I can't tell you how delighted I am every time I come across one of your posts, Tuba. :)

Sheryl and Stevie - Are You Strong Enough to Be My Man?

Sheryl Crow & Stevie Nicks "Are You Strong Enough..." - YouTube

I met Stevie back in 1981, she used to come into my dad's store down on 5th Avenue in Scottsdale. It was so cool, she always had tennis shoes on, jeans and a t-shirt, tiny little gal just like me. A few years later, I was invited to do a booth at Camelview Plaza during Christmas, with my bread dough ornaments. It's getting close to 9:00 pm and closing time for the mall on a holiday weekday and who strolls up but Stevie, out doing some late night gift shopping. She remembered me, bought quite a few ornaments that I personalized for her.
I don't know what she's like around fans, but one on one, she is such a sweetheart, really down to earth.
He dad played country music at a little hole in the wall bar about a 1/2 mile away from my dad's store back in the 50's-60's.
Just some trivia.......:seeya:

Seal is so not dead afiak. Having loved and lost Heidi Klum might be worse than death in the eyes of some, he's still "technically" alive. lol

I know. Was responding to a post that responded to a link to a Seal video.:rockon:

Ok... who are these "potential witnesses" for PP phase?
Sorry if been discussed.

6/3/2013 023 - ME: Order Entered By Court - Party (001) 6/3/2013
6/3/2013 NOT - Notice - Party (001) 6/4/2013
NOTE: NOTICE OF POTENTIAL WITNESSES FOR TRIAL (PENALTY PHASE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member