SIDEBAR #13- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know many people who thought CMJA wouldn't get Murder 1? That is stunning to me. The jury, without much of the information that we have, all voted guilty for 1st degree premeditated murder. The premeditation was obvious. IIRC, you are a lawyer, but not verified? If that is true, do you think the burden of proof was met for premeditated murder? If not, why not?

The DP is another matter. We do not have it in Canada, but in this case, I would agree if the DP was the sentence, but I'm okay with LWOP too. The reason that DP is okay for me is the route CMJA decided to go for her defense. She has no conscience. She enjoyed dragging Travis through the mud with unfounded lies (there is no way to verify her version of events, except for taking the word of a proven liar). It was a scam that everyone was supposed to buy.

In Jodi's "personality disordered" mind, she may have felt abused because Travis did not want her in his life. She wasn't abused in the mind of any non-personality disordered person. Perception is reality, and Jodi's perception is impaired, so much so that she is a danger to society. I hope she never leaves prison, whether it's DP or life.

I am obviously not Karmady, but JA was not the only liar in this case. Did you see Lisa Andrews Daidone's testimony? She thought TA was a virgin..His own brother Steve Alexander said he loved telling his friends that his brother was a 30 year old virgin. (Yuck, but NOMB). Lot of lies going around.

""I loved telling all my friends ... my brother is a 30-year-old virgin," said Steve Alexander." http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18559_1...s-on-trial-for-brutal-murder-of-ex-boyfriend/

[video=youtube;xBh1FjOq_9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBh1FjOq_9w&list=FLTpRqy4cQF0YhTTFlaTy0BQ[/video]

Who watched Dr. Drew on HLN yesterday? Everyone on his panel has already said that Zimmerman is guilty. What's with that? The jurors haven't even been selected yet. Is HLN politically driven? If they are covering this case and televising it, how can they come to a conclusion in this case before it even starts?

Who watched Dr. Drew on HLN yesterday? Everyone on his panel has already said that Zimmerman is guilty. What's with that? The jurors haven't even been selected yet. Is HLN politically driven? If they are covering this case and televising it, how can they come to a conclusion in this case before it even starts?

Think of them as entertainers first and lawyers second.

[video=youtube;95RPczLZXRQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95RPczLZXRQ[/video]

I had similar thoughts.
I could be on that jury with an open mind at this point. How about you?

Let us celebrate my last antibiotic taken today with one of my favorite songs Evah -- and I no longer have that sulphur smell eminating from my bod:

[video=youtube;hEeOX8fG-_c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEeOX8fG-_c[/video]

That's shocking, especially considering how they (HLN) treated CKJA with so much deference. I don't have television and now get most news here.

I had similar thoughts.

Of course I could. We shall see how this plays out. If I was getting my head slammed into the concrete with no physical ability to control the situation, and had a gun, well, I am choosing life. JMO

You know many people who thought CMJA wouldn't get Murder 1? That is stunning to me. The jury, without much of the information that we have, all voted guilty for 1st degree premeditated murder. The premeditation was obvious. IIRC, you are a lawyer, but not verified? If that is true, do you think the burden of proof was met for premeditated murder? If not, why not?

The DP is another matter. We do not have it in Canada, but in this case, I would agree if the DP was the sentence, but I'm okay with LWOP too. The reason that DP is okay for me is the route CMJA decided to go for her defense. She has no conscience. She enjoyed dragging Travis through the mud with unfounded lies (there is no way to verify her version of events, except for taking the word of a proven liar). It was a scam that everyone was supposed to buy.

In Jodi's "personality disordered" mind, she may have felt abused because Travis did not want her in his life. She wasn't abused in the mind of any non-personality disordered person. Perception is reality, and Jodi's perception is impaired, so much so that she is a danger to society. I hope she never leaves prison, whether it's DP or life.

yeah, for sure. I'd say about 70/30, best, thinking first degree -- and less when the defense got the heat of passion charge. And almost no one thinking she'd get the DP. Only one person I know.

I think the chat room ruined our family imo...
:sigh: I personally miss the slooowww grooove...

You mean you miss the sloooowwww grooove of what, this thread ? I'm sorry, I'm kinda wrung out and in zombi mode tonight. :seeya:

First of all isn't Dr. Drew a psychiatrist. IMO he has taken over the role as legal consultant. How they can voice an opinion of guilt before the trial has even started baffles me. Both Mr. Zimmerman and Mr. Martin are entitled to a fair trial. They are making a mockery of our legal system. They did this during the O.J. trial and a lot of people lost their jobs. I guess enough time has went by and they have forgotten. I think this show is giving Dr. Drew a big head. I still like him though. He's does good work and has to work with the worst of the worst.

I had similar thoughts.

I could too. I don't know what happened and want to know everything. (Though I doubt we will ever see a case put on like JM's!)

Signing on for a quick prayer request.

My mom stopped to check on my sister and she's taking her to the ER. Hopefully she's just dehydrated but, she's my sister, and I worry.

I'm off to pick up my nephew (her son) from daycare and I'll keep him overnight. I'll sign on with an update as soon as I can.

TIA

Hopeful One PM'd me and everything's going well, she'll update later and thanks you all for the prayers and positive thoughts!

Yes chat is the other woman...:floorlaugh:

Ok, I perked up a little (very little) , and yeah, I get your point. Chat is different, not much comparison really. But there are more options here, uploading music, photos, links, etc. I guess each has it's advantages and disadvantages.

Prolly not a good idea to bring this up...it is a sore subject and not appropriate here. There have been many a poster banned for this....
Not to mention whole threads deleted....just a fair warning.

This is a quote from segue9 about the Florida Zimmerman case ...it is not allowed here. Please contact mods if you have questions about this. We don't want this thread closed down. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member