SIDEBAR #17- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would of loved to sleep in, something I rarely do. It was impossible today to do that. A nap would of been nice, but I was watching a 1 year old and a 5 year old, (my grand children) and napping was not an option. You can't even blink with toddlers running around. It's raining tonight. Did that on and off throughout the day, making me even want a nap more. Well, since I have the kids everyday until Tuesday, I can't even think of sleeping in until Wednesday. Oh, the joys of children. LOL

It's football season here, and unless something happens in the crime trial world in the near future, .....War Eagle !!! :seeya:

I think that it will start in Sept and maybe take a few weeks but I think by 2014 we will have an answer. I don't think it will be death though. I certainly am not eager for someone to die, But I know that it means if she is on death row she will be more restricted.
I just feel so bad for the Alexander family. I still say that JSS has been protecting the case and the record well. She has given no room for appeal.

SS - I do agree about September.

Why don't you think JA deserves death? You do realize that JA planned this murder and really tortured Travis and probably even screamed some things to him while she was slashing him with that knife...

Night all! :seeya: Kensie I hope you're enjoying your son being home :)

I tell you, this job searching is really frustrating. I have signed up with so many online job sites it's getting confusing. I have applied for so many jobs and no hits, no phone calls or e-mails back. I know the age is getting in the way. I have signed up with an employment agency recently...still nothing. I have been looking for over a year and have been feverishly pursuing it the last few months. If I don't find a job soon I will be in a real pickle. Severance almost gone, unemployment done. They cut the 4th tier because they claim the economy has picked up and they say unemployment is down. Well, I just don't seen that. Unemployment is down IMO because unemployment has run out for people. Most are still unemployed. My rant for the night. This is the pits. Most days I am on line looking, revamping my resume, reading articles on job searching help. Many articles on age discrimination. I am bored sitting home, discouraged and wondering if I will ever have a decent job again.

I tell you, this job searching is really frustrating. I have signed up with so many online job sites it's getting confusing. I have applied for so many jobs and no hits, no phone calls or e-mails back. I know the age is getting in the way. I have signed up with an employment agency recently...still nothing. I have been looking for over a year and have been feverishly pursuing it the last few months. If I don't find a job soon I will be in a real pickle. Severance almost gone, unemployment done. They cut the 4th tier because they claim the economy has picked up and they say unemployment is down. Well, I just don't seen that. Unemployment is down IMO because unemployment has run out for people. Most are still unemployed. My rant for the night. This is the pits. Most days I am on line looking, revamping my resume, reading articles on job searching help. Many articles on age discrimination. I am bored sitting home, discouraged and wondering if I will ever have a decent job again.

Who did you vote for?

Anyone have any tips on trying to get our kitty to eat?

Shes at the vet just now being kept in and I've to call back at 1pm but im so worried about her. She hasn't eaten or been to her litter box in two days. Shes isn't just a pet she's one of my kids, I'm distraught thinking of the worst outcome.

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

Oh boy :facepalm:

Does this mean NG and JVM will be back in Arizona to testify? Must be killing their network that those 2 can't "discuss" this on their shows :floorlaugh:
Guess they have a different standard for "bombshell" coverage when it's one of their own. Who's camped out in front of NG's and JVM's residences? Where's the back story? What about the dissection of the "crime scene"? What, no retired LE or attorneys weighing in? How has this affected the "twins"? Who's running down the street after JVM to get a comment?!?!?!?! Will this cause JVM to compromise her sobriety? When do we get to see the "smoking gun"? When will Dr. Drew analyze the victims and where is his body language expert?!?!?!?! And what about "After Dark"? No re-enactments?!?!?!?!
:floorlaugh:

Seriously, I'd like to see HLN treat NG and JVM EXACTLY like they treat other "victims". Maybe they can find a JVM "sex tape" and play it at the beginning of each segment. And bring on their old pals from grade school.

Beth Karas did herself a favor by getting out of that tabloid circus. She has more integrity in her little finger than the bulk of their correspondents combined.

JMO

Just read about Beth Karas new job! She's joining "Wild About Trial".

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb10981475.htm

Oh boy :facepalm:

Does this mean NG and JVM will be back in Arizona to testify? Must be killing their network that those 2 can't "discuss" this on their shows :floorlaugh:
Guess they have a different standard for "bombshell" coverage when it's one of their own. Who's camped out in front of NG's and JVM's residences? Where's the back story? What about the dissection of the "crime scene"? What, no retired LE or attorneys weighing in? How has this affected the "twins"? Who's running down the street after JVM to get a comment?!?!?!?! Will this cause JVM to compromise her sobriety? When do we get to see the "smoking gun"? When will Dr. Drew analyze the victims and where is his body language expert?!?!?!?! And what about "After Dark"? No re-enactments?!?!?!?!
:floorlaugh:

Seriously, I'd like to see HLN treat NG and JVM EXACTLY like they treat other "victims". Maybe they can find a JVM "sex tape" and play it at the beginning of each segment. And bring on their old pals from grade school.

Beth Karas did herself a favor by getting out of that tabloid circus. She has more integrity in her little finger than the bulk of their correspondents combined.

JMO

Just read about Beth Karas new job! She's joining "Wild About Trial".

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb10981475.htm

Ricki:

I can sympathize with you. Job hunting is so different now in this electronic age. I have been both a job seeker and an employer looking to hire within the recent past, so I understand.

I see that you are in CT. I'm in southeastern CT, which has been hit hard and job growth is non-existent. When I finally found jobs, I had to travel outside of the county, as there was nothing here.

When I was hiring, I received a lot of resumes that were just thrown together and did not make the applicant stand out from the pool. It seemed as if many of the applications were submitted just to meet eligibility requirements for unemployment compensation. Do you tailor your resume and cover letter to the position for which you are applying? It takes time to do this, but it shows a clear interest on the applicant's part. When there are more than 100 candidates for a position, the employer needs a way to filter the selection.

I did tailor both my resume and cover letter and was generally successful in getting interviews and going onto the next round of interviews.

Some suggestions for you:
  • When tailoring your resume, be sure to address the experience requirements in the job listing.When hiring, I ranked the skills on a resume based on our position description. If the applicant did not address a skill, I rated it a zero.
  • Do use a cover letter. Show that you know something about the company hiring and your interest in being an employee of that particular company. Make sure to proofread your cover letter; I received some generic cover letters where the wrong company name was used! Ooops...those applicants were thrown out.
  • Your cover letter should also highlight some career accomplishments that make you a good fit for the job. Again, this shows interest on your part and sets you apart from the pool of applicants. I had asked for this in the application and if it was not addressed, the applicant lost points. If you can't tell me what it good about you, why should I hire you?

Unless it is a very small business, I would say that most employers do use some kind of applicant ranking system so that age does not become a factor. Employers do not want to face any kind of discrimination charges. Employers are more concerned about work history and want to understand gaps in employment or brief periods of employment.

I do understand that sometimes it can be difficult to even find openings. If you send me a PM, I can try to give you some suggestions based on where you are and the type of work you seek.

So I'm at my sons swimming lesson and there is a man in his 40's with his young gf here who looks so similar to JA I nearly broke my neck in a double take. I so want to take a pic. Is that awful?

So I'm at my sons swimming lesson and there is a man in his 40's with his young gf here who looks so similar to JA I nearly broke my neck in a double take. I so want to take a pic. Is that awful?

Dooo it :floorlaugh:

Just make sure the flash is off :innocent:

I don't want to be a negative Nelly but don't expect the trial to start until January of 2014. We'll be lucky to have a verdict (or one of those non-verdict verdicts) by March.

If we find it so tough I can't imagine how Travis' family is coping. Lots of prayers for each and every one of them...

:seeya: Hi rose !

I don't think you are being negative at all -- I think you are correct, considering the "snail's pace" of the trial ...

Also, the defense is doing anything and everything they can do to delay this ...

:please::please::please: for Travis and his Family !

Anyone have any tips on trying to get our kitty to eat?

Shes at the vet just now being kept in and I've to call back at 1pm but im so worried about her. She hasn't eaten or been to her litter box in two days. Shes isn't just a pet she's one of my kids, I'm distraught thinking of the worst outcome.

Hugs! I'm sure the vet will find out what's wrong with her. I used to work in a vet clinic and it's amazing what they can do :)

I totally understand...my two fur babies are like my children.

I just read KCL's blog about putting her cat down and it is heartbreaking. For anyone who has ever lost anyone, human or animal, I suggest reading it. I don't know her, but I feel her pain so acutely.

I have lived the last 31 years trying to prevent that gut wrenching pain I felt the night of August 12, 1982. The searing pain that goes into your soul that is unbearable. KCL speaks of the anticipation of death and loss as being the worst. All I can say is that she is right.

If you get a chance to read her beautiful tribute to her cat, please do so.
two innocents.wordpress.com.

I think she has a message we can all identify with on some level. The bonds we share with animals are very powerful.

Ricki:

I can sympathize with you. Job hunting is so different now in this electronic age. I have been both a job seeker and an employer looking to hire within the recent past, so I understand.

I see that you are in CT. I'm in southeastern CT, which has been hit hard and job growth is non-existent. When I finally found jobs, I had to travel outside of the county, as there was nothing here.

When I was hiring, I received a lot of resumes that were just thrown together and did not make the applicant stand out from the pool. It seemed as if many of the applications were submitted just to meet eligibility requirements for unemployment compensation. Do you tailor your resume and cover letter to the position for which you are applying? It takes time to do this, but it shows a clear interest on the applicant's part. When there are more than 100 candidates for a position, the employer needs a way to filter the selection.

I did tailor both my resume and cover letter and was generally successful in getting interviews and going onto the next round of interviews.

Some suggestions for you:
  • When tailoring your resume, be sure to address the experience requirements in the job listing.When hiring, I ranked the skills on a resume based on our position description. If the applicant did not address a skill, I rated it a zero.
  • Do use a cover letter. Show that you know something about the company hiring and your interest in being an employee of that particular company. Make sure to proofread your cover letter; I received some generic cover letters where the wrong company name was used! Ooops...those applicants were thrown out.
  • Your cover letter should also highlight some career accomplishments that make you a good fit for the job. Again, this shows interest on your part and sets you apart from the pool of applicants. I had asked for this in the application and if it was not addressed, the applicant lost points. If you can't tell me what it good about you, why should I hire you?

Unless it is a very small business, I would say that most employers do use some kind of applicant ranking system so that age does not become a factor. Employers do not want to face any kind of discrimination charges. Employers are more concerned about work history and want to understand gaps in employment or brief periods of employment.

I do understand that sometimes it can be difficult to even find openings. If you send me a PM, I can try to give you some suggestions based on where you are and the type of work you seek.

Gee, gcharlie thank you. Sent you some info via pm.
Regarding cover letters.: most on line job sites do not even tell you what company the job being applied for is with. They are confidential. Sure would help for one to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lupa