Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello :)

Hoping jss denies this ridiculous motion.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 2

I think she will.

It is entirely ridiculous - because if it were to be approved, then the DT would have grounds to compel the jurors to reveal email passwords, make facebook pages totally public, allow all their snail mail to be opened etc ... because by what logic is Twitter the only way a 'juror could be influenced' or 'comment on the trial' - it's absurd. It's just a lame delaying tactic.

Pay close attention to the dates on those exhibits that Nurmi attached to his motion. If my eyes are working correctly, both of the twitter exhibits are dated after JSS declared a mistrial. The FB posts are after the guilty verdict.

Juan will dispatch this nicely in his objection. I cannot imagine any judge allowing a defendant to have information identifying a juror.

What makes this motion even more ludicrous is that one of CMJA's fanatics is sitting in jail now awaiting trial for sending threats to kill Nancy Grace and JVM via twitter. bbm

This really was a stupid move on Nurmi's part. Stupid, stupid, stupid. And frightening, if it were ever to be allowed.

Really????? (Not that I haven't wanted to throttle - or at least gag - NG at times). Astonishing how gullible missy's 'fans' are. Do you have a name or something I can google to read about that? - never mind, just found the post with that info.

Last night YoN wanted something to make her laugh, and I'm a day off, but I hope you enjoy this...

[video=youtube;QMKIE8vjBQI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMKIE8vjBQI[/video]

I think she will.

It is entirely ridiculous - because if it were to be approved, then the DT would have grounds to compel the jurors to reveal email passwords, make facebook pages totally public, allow all their snail mail to be opened etc ... because by what logic is Twitter the only way a 'juror could be influenced' or 'comment on the trial' - it's absurd. It's just a lame delaying tactic.

How about wire-tapping your home phone????? You expect jurors to be honest. JA has already been found guilty. This is no longer an issue. It's already out there. What this jury needs to decide is if her crime reaches the level of the DP, LWOP (any possibility) or Life with a possibility of parole. Obsessing about twitter accounts has nothing to do with jurors talking about the case it has to do with her controlling them. She is not to be trusted, ever.

omg my husband sent me this article today after i told him about this. I am so sorry Linda. as a parent i can't even imagine. you did the right thing by involving the authorities. if you want to look him up on the pa webdockets site you can google the site by typing in "pa webdockets" and enter his name and Chester County as the county (thats the county West Chester, Pa) is in. I wonder if he has a record...I will check later when the kids go to bed.. God bless you and yours. Hug your son extra tonight, thinking of you here in philly!

Anyone see the new Jodi story on radar online?

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...rs-twitter-monitored-travis-alexander-murder/

Sent from my iPad

Although doubtful, if this motion were to somehow be granted, wouldn't that then make cmja subject to a new charge of attempted jury tampering, with her tweets? Maybe even an conspiracy charge, for inciting threats of violence by the person who was arrested for tweeted threats? If Twitter is so persuasive that a single word can alter a trial, surely she'd be found guilty?

Jurors are not prisoners, and shouldn't have less rights than convicted murderers, or be punished for serving. It's probably even possible to find jurors who don't 'tweet'.
Of course, cmja should probably have access to all personal juror information - those crafty jurors could possibly read a mind-changing word in the rest room - we have to consider her rights, (to the fair trial she already had).
I'm wonder why they didn't try to preclude any juror that had access to a computer, television, or any other possible news source that might have interviewed her, or even reported about interviews she gave press during trial?
Any pearl of wisdom from her mouth could have reached a juror, which would surely change everything (kind of like a 'butterfly effect, but more like a 'Silence of the Lambs' butterfly). I'm sure that was what she was trying to accomplish - didn't she even say 'good luck finding an untainted jury pool"?

How ridiculous is this motion? I was hoping the last phase would be streamed, but I do kind of hope it will not be, if only to deny her even one more moment of the 15 minutes of fame she's already had.
Poor Travis, how could anyone have seen this much evil could be in a person?

along with the twitter motion there's this on the Docket

8/21/2013 REQ - Request - Party (001) 8/21/2013
NOTE: MS. ARIAS’ RENEWED REQUEST FOR INDIVIDUALIZED VOIR DIRE FOR BY COUNSEL

so does this mean Arias wants to personally question each of the potential jurors???

I found this on individualized voir dire

In capital cases, most courts allow some form of individualized sequestered voir dire on prospective juror's beliefs concerning the death penalty.

I would hate for the defense to have access to the jurors twitter accounts. After the stunt with them leaking the jury foreman's number to Kiefer while they were still deliberating I wouldn't put it past them to have someone purposely tweet a juror to get them thrown out. A mistrial for Jodi the second time around would surely throw the verdict to the judge IMO.

I would hate for the defense to have access to the jurors twitter accounts. After the stunt with them leaking the jury foreman's number to Kiefer while they were still deliberating I wouldn't put it past them to have someone purposely tweet a juror to get them thrown out. A mistrial for Jodi the second time around would surely throw the verdict to the judge IMO.

Whoa, that's new information to me! Do you have a reputable source for that leak of the foreman's number? I would not put it past the DT, yet at the same time I don't want misinformation to be spread on WS.

Is it true that Tara Kelley was tweeting during the trial?

If so, that could be an issue. Fortunately, she was an alternate. But still...

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=581998948523930&id=485866588137167

yes but it was in between the aggravation and penalty phase i believe...and the penalty phase was a mistrial anyway. i have some concerns as well but who knows. ultimately, JA is never going to be put to death, even if she is sentenced to it i will be shocked if it happens, even though thats exactly what she deserves, imo

Whoa, that's new information to me! Do you have a reputable source for that leak of the foreman's number? I would not put it past the DT, yet at the same time I don't want misinformation to be spread on WS.

gcharlie: You can find pages of the discussion on the Katie, Cool Lady holds Court thread #31. A real eye opener. jmo

omg my husband sent me this article today after i told him about this. I am so sorry Linda. as a parent i can't even imagine. you did the right thing by involving the authorities. if you want to look him up on the pa webdockets site you can google the site by typing in "pa webdockets" and enter his name and Chester County as the county (thats the county West Chester, Pa) is in. I wonder if he has a record...I will check later when the kids go to bed.. God bless you and yours. Hug your son extra tonight, thinking of you here in philly!

Oh thank you! I've been trying to figure out how to do it with no luck!

yes but it was in between the aggravation and penalty phase i believe...and the penalty phase was a mistrial anyway. i have some concerns as well but who knows. ultimately, JA is never going to be put to death, even if she is sentenced to it i will be shocked if it happens, even though thats exactly what she deserves, imo

Well, if it was between the aggravation and penalty phases, then hopefully that's not too big a deal, especially being that she was an alternate. She shouldn't have done it, though. Also, I read in those comments that the message about Jodi being Latin was to her not from her, which really isn't her fault. The other jurors said they were not discussing the case and honoring the admonition. Hopefully that's enough.

It's a weird motion though. If they are worried about tainting a jury pool (they aren't, that is something that's too their advantage), then tell Jodi to stop tweeting. Asking for all potential jurors' twitters is just weird. This seems like it's just a motion to get it out there the Tara Kelley info, which is weird. Why wouldn't they just ask for a mistrial or something?

Well, if it was between the aggravation and penalty phases, then hopefully that's not too big a deal, especially being that she was an alternate. She shouldn't have done it, though. Also, I read in those comments that the message about Jodi being Latin was to her not from her, which really isn't her fault. The other jurors said they were not discussing the case and honoring the admonition. Hopefully that's enough.

It's a weird motion though. If they are worried about tainting a jury pool (they aren't, that is something that's too their advantage), then tell Jodi to stop tweeting. Asking for all potential jurors' twitters is just weird. This seems like it's just a motion to get it out there the Tara Kelley info, which is weird. Why wouldn't they just ask for a mistrial or something?

MeeBee, you can see copies of the tweets and her FB comments on the last pages attached to the motion as an exhibit: http://wildabouttrial.com/court_documents/arias-defendants-motion-to-compell-juror-twitter-accounts/

Tara was spot on in with her tweets. The copies are of poor quality so I can't read the dates, but it does appear as if one set may be in March.

Evening everyone :seeya:
Internet was down for a while.
Here's a great gift to send to missy :jail: for Christmas :facepalm: :floorlaugh:

picture.php

Bleh. I bet you never thought you'd be directly involved with a perp who could potentially end up with a thread here. :(

Linda, I read the article from the link that you posted. :eek: They set a pretty stiff bail for the guy, so the judge obviously felt the guy is a serious threat. I'm so glad that your son had the wherewithal to react the way that he did and was able to escape and have the guy caught. Now I hope that the guy pleas so that and your son can just put this behind you.

Sending positive thoughts to you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mojojojo