SIDEBAR #21- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Princess checked in yet? I hope she is doing okay and just recovering peacefully.

Princess we are thinking about you! Get recovered soon!

New article in Psychology Today on CMJA:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/reading-between-the-headlines/201311/whats-new-jodi-arias

Have only skimmed the first few paragraphs, but it is full of snark!

I thought this statement in the article summed it up nicely for me:

"Jodi is a criminal and a murderer and is acting and thinking exactly as we would expect when facing the possibility of lethal injection. True, Jodi is thinking only of Jodi. But what would any other convicted murderer do at this point? Simply, everything conceivable to delay, distract and fight the death penalty. The only victory possible is to stay off death row and hope for the possibility of parole 25 years down the road..."

I also read this on the website in another article:

"As much as we want to place her in a nice psychiatric diagnostic box, complete with a bow on top it just doesn’t work. The DSM system was never designed to explain criminal behavior and for all the “experts” using it, you are just plain misguided. Here’s the simple analysis: Arias was a spoiled, selfish brat, unable to handle Alexander's rejection. She, like many in this day and age, wanted what she wanted -- NOW, and didn’t care what it took to get it. When she finally realized Travis would never be hers, she calmly decided, “well, if I can’t have him, then nobody else will, either” and planned his death..."

"Arias will never show remorse for killing another human, will never say a kind word to Alexander's family, will remain defiant and in denial to the end. There is no personality disorder or psychosis that explains her actions. She is evil and a murderer and now will be held accountable. Justice was served..."

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...di-arias-guilty-murder-1-psychiatric-analysis

Morning Molly :seeya:

How are you feeling?

Good Morning everyone. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Any word from Princess????

I am in a major funk, have a headache and am congested.

On the good side, I think my daughter's new baby will be born this week. The baby is due next week but things seem to have started to happen.

:floorlaugh: I just clicked on the link gcharlie provided ^^ and on the side it had an elephant!! It said something like "elephant in the room"!! You of course all know what the elephant symbolizes - right??!!
If you don't know - I've attached a picture!

Morning everyone!! :seeya:

Attachments

• myjusticeelephant.jpg
    myjusticeelephant.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 9
Hi Friends,

I haven't been able to find any news about the convicted murderer's hearing that was supposed to have been held November 1st. Does anybody know anything about it? Thanks.

Hi Friends,

I haven't been able to find any news about the convicted murderer's hearing that was supposed to have been held November 1st. Does anybody know anything about it? Thanks.

It was a closed hearing and absolutely nothing has been leaked or reported, other than the scheduling of two more court dates this month. One will be a status update and another date has been set aside for more oral arguments.

"If I were the attorney representing Jodi Arias, I could not have defamed Travis Alexander by accusing him of things that I did not believe to be true. I know under our American judicial system, the attorney for the defense is required to and expected to be an advocate of the accused. It is an advocacy system. Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott fulfilled their obligation as attorneys in the American judicial system.

They advocated so hard, that in my mind they were guilty of immoral conduct, not as attorneys, they did nothing wrong there, but as human beings. I bet if you hooked up both Jennifer and Kirk to a lie detector, and ask them if they really believed that Travis was a pedophile and abuser, you’d find that they really didn’t and don’t believe that he was...." :drumroll:

http://kristinarandle.com/blog/jodi-arias-petitions-superior-court-of-arizona-to-fire-kirk-nurmi/

Old Folks Rule!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0PekTUmBdY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0PekTUmBdY[/ame]

Here in Connecticut today, we had a college campus on lockdown for three hours. The situation ended with a person taken into custody and no shots were fired.

The news coming out now is that the student was going back to his dorm wearing a costume from Halloween and was perceived to be a threat.

Holy moly.

Here in Connecticut today, we had a college campus on lockdown for three hours. The situation ended with a person taken into custody and no shots were fired.

The news coming out now is that the student was going back to his dorm wearing a costume from Halloween and was perceived to be a threat.

Holy moly.

Crazy! Something (somewhat) similar happened here today. Iowa State University is only about 30 miles north of Des Moines...car chase and shots fired on campus. It was just released that the guy died at the hospital.

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...ed/-/9357080/22793198/-/12xvou4z/-/index.html

Trying to make sense of what I've read online about the trial...so the convicted heifer probably won't be back in front of a jury before 2014? I get a lot of my info lately from the Facebook page, I really hope this is wrong. Ugh.

*crickets* Goodnight all....love and miss you!

Crazy! Something (somewhat) similar happened here today. Iowa State University is only about 30 miles north of Des Moines...car chase and shots fired on campus. It was just released that the guy died at the hospital.

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...ed/-/9357080/22793198/-/12xvou4z/-/index.html

omg that is so crazy, the community college near me yesterday was on lockdown for basically the same thing. 3 posters with the 3 colleges near them in the same day with this happening

*crickets* Goodnight all....love and miss you!

Aw. Just saw you were here last night and no one else was. We love and miss you too! :grouphug: Don't know where all the night owls were, but I am never on at night.

Was thinking about holiday jobs. Sometimes the Post Office needs holiday help. It may not be light duty though. It should pay well, although it will not end up being a full time year round job. Worth checking into, depends on your area though, since the Post Office is such a mess now.

Hi everyone! :wave:

I just read in my local paper that our high school was on lock down yesterday! Some crazy guy didn't take his meds... :scared:

Since Fall is here - here's something to brighten up your day!

Attachments

• Thanksgiving.png
    Thanksgiving.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics