SIDEBAR #39 - Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was painful pertaining to the retrial. I have a killer headache probably from clenching my teeth.

This retrial looks more like a modern day lynching of the victim. It's appalling.

Thank you everyone who keeps us up to date with links, especially YESorNO and Bernina for all the tweets :tyou: :yourock:

I think New Zealand is beautiful! It's where they filmed the Lord Of the Rings. Marc McGee is just using the distance as an excuse to not have to testify in person, while spouting his lies all over the Internet.

And isn't he a "transplant" from the USA?:thinking:

Whatever the case...........I couldn't possibly lump NZ's all in the same bucket. They have Kiwis, they're country is GORGEOUS, kudos for "Lord of the Rings", and McGee is nothing more than a nasty skid mark across their beautiful country that will soon be forgotten.

He's "AFRAID"? :facepalm:

OF WHAT???????????????
Did he bring this so called incident to the attention of his Bishop way back in the early 2000's, because that's what you're supposed to do. Was it verified? If there's a pedophile (child *advertiser censored*, whatever) among the church congregation, THEY take it VERY seriously.
My (now ex-LDS) brother's 2 1/2 year old son was raped by a LDS pedophile. The man was known to the church as having "unnatural" feelings for young men, but the church authorities only cautioned the leaders of the young men's group to keep a watchful eye. They did not think to warn the congregation at large, so this "guy" and his wife were free to babysit the children of their neighborhood. The church was singing a different tune when he was arrested, charged, and convicted.

And this happened in MESA in the early 1990's.

I'm calling MAJOR BS. TA's membership record would have been "flagged" and it would have followed him.

Nurmi is defending this murderer the only way he knows how: defending her as a wrongfully charged sex offender.

Which comes down to: The victim was asking for it.

Sick, sick, sick.

Headaches must be making the rounds cause I've got a doozy going on.:gaah:

[FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Once this trial is over can the alexanders silence JA from ever speaking his name again? Is there something like a restraining order?
this awful woman is going to continue until her last breathe to attack his character.
That would be a real victory silencing the murderer.

Hi! :seeya: I haven't commented in quite awhile because honestly, for a few weeks there were nothing but delays and bull excrement happening in this retrial. Has Geffner been questioned now by the defense for four days or five? I've lost track. The computer stuff, etc...I've had internet probs at home and loads of work here in the workplace.

So now things have begun to happen again via a crazy affidavit from the guy in NZ? And more affidavits to come? Thanks for the info., peeps. I'm watching from a distance, checking my phone when I can, etc.. These affidavits could take a very long time if the defense has its way, and especially if they want Geffner to read all of them... :floorlaugh: I really don't expect to see much from the prosecution for a long time yet--and it's obvious that the killer is calling the shots, proclaiming what is true vs. untrue, and as AZL has pointed out, the defense is obligated to go with that.

I suspect this is quite the learning curve for all of us.

As always, thanks for the info. :blowkiss:

I'm reading 12:45 for trial time today off of BK's site. I will be here for tweets.

I posted this article on the Dzhokhar Tsarnaev trial thread

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ssion-thread&p=11412601&posted=1#post11412601
-----------------------

I thought some would like to read it here- very interesting, IMO:

Defending those accused of unthinkable crimes

The cases of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, Jared Loughner, Whitey Bulger, and others demand a special breed of lawyer.

"...The outcome, to those who follow her career, was vintage Judy Clarke: Take on someone accused of a terrible crime, get to know his background intimately, and then persuade the judicial system to spare his life, on the basis that no one should be judged solely on his worst act. “It’s a hell of a fight as a defense lawyer,” she once said.

That fighting spirit — challenging prosecutors, striving for understanding, sticking by people society has turned on — is what drives Clarke and defense lawyers like her to take on the most reviled defendants....

Leaving Dedham that day, Carney pulled onto Route 128 and headed north to go home. He began to think about what it would be like if his own daughter had been one of Salvi’s victims. He started to sob uncontrollably. He had to pull over to the side of the highway. It was pouring rain. He started berating himself. “Look, you’re a criminal defense lawyer. This is the business you chose,” he told himself. “Just do your job.”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/magazine...able-crimes/voOv6Kay9rCI1a8leGPkVP/story.html

The Jodi Arias Death Penalty Retrial: A Juror’s Perspective
by The 13th Juror MD

DAY 24
“ONE STEP FORWARD, TWO BACK”

"There is a decision that the jury will one day have to consider. The law that is given to them when they enter the deliberation room states, in part, “If there have been past acts of domestic violence against the defendant by the victim, the state of mind of a reasonable person shall be determined from the perspective of a reasonable person who has been a victim of those past acts of domestic violence.”..."

https://www.facebook.com/JuanMartinezProsecutorSupportPage/posts/342469795946603

-------------------------

And for those of you with migraines- this was in my inbox this AM, coincidentally :) (lots of articles on this site on migraines)

sTMS: Promising Migraine Therapy

sTM.JPG

"Migraine is a primary headache disorder that affects over 1 billion worldwide.1 Despite its prevalence, there are a small number of treatment options, each with side effects and contraindications. Recently, single-pulse transcranial magnetic stimulation (sTMS)—a novel nonpharmacologic, well-tolerated, and safe therapy—has shown promise for the treatment of migraine..."

http://www.neurologytimes.com/heada...DB-A524-3BABF3528BD0&rememberme=1&ts=21012015

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 5m5 minutes ago
Why would you decide 2 verbally & physically abuse your girlfriend or ex girlfriend or sometimes girlfriend at a Bishops house? #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 4m4 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
Bishop Parker took wedding photos of this witnesses and when witness tried to open the folder child *advertiser censored* popped up on the screen. #jodiarias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 4m4 minutes ago
Same witness claims when he opened download file of communal computer at bishop's house, child *advertiser censored* popped up, Alexander's name on file

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 4m4 minutes ago
This witness also claims he checked Bischop's comp for engagement pix & found a "Downloads" folder with child *advertiser censored* belonging 2 TA.

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 5m5 minutes ago
#JudgeSherryStephens presides over the #JodiArias sentencing retrial in Maricopa County Superior Court Tues in PHX

B71HWTpIUAAuU7h.jpg

I haven't been posting much the past few weeks as this re-trail is infuriating, I just read tweets (thank you Bernina and T/Y, btw) and go on with my day. But I have to comment here. So this mystery witness #1 says that he/she was using a Bishop's laptop to find a wedding pic, but then found a folder of child *advertiser censored* titled with TA's name? So they want the jury to believe that TA would borrow a Bishop's laptop to use to look at child *advertiser censored*?? That makes absolutely zero sense and is quite possibly the dumbest line of BS I have heard in this trial so far, and believe me, we have heard/read/seen A LOT!
If there is child *advertiser censored* on that Bishop's laptop, the authorities need to be notified. How this garbage can even be entered as testimony is really, really stupid. I would love to read the arguments going on at that record-length sidebar. What possible reason could JSS give to allow these affidavits??

So frustrating and I am walking away for a bit before I pick up reading again.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 14m14 minutes ago
Nurmi and The Geff have arrived #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 11m11 minutes ago
Willmott and Maria are here #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 3m3 minutes ago
Jurors have arrived and one was wearing a huge cowboy hat and boots. He looks like a country western singer #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago
Geffner's testimony is like a bad country song so it's fitting lol #jodiarias

I'm here, but..... I hope it doesn't start with a sidebar. Would not bet on that though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 114
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors