SIDEBAR #43 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 2m2 minutes ago
Defense attorney Kirk Nurmi gives final closing argument to save the life of #JodiArias Wed in PHX. Now up to jury

B-ts0XxUUAAdxAO.jpg

Seems like Nurmi always looks angry in these photos.

It is so hard to believe that again we are in Verdict Watch. I do think we will have a verdict this week. Much as I did not like a lot of what Mr. Nurmi said he did a very good closing this morning in his actual fight (the parts without the bashing of persons connected to the trial and the victim) for Life for his client.

I do believe we will not have a hung jury, some of them know the out come of the last trial and will share that for those who do not know. I do feel so sorry for jurors 2 and 13. Juror 1 made it on the jury and she is the one who was discussed the most on this forum. It just seems hard to believe that this jury also will hang. It will be so frustrating after all this time and huge expense.

I believe the verdict will be for LWOP, I will be totally shocked if the vote is the DP. I feel for the Alexander family and I do understand as far as I can without walking in their foot steps. At least Jodi will die in prison and hopefully that will be of some comfort to them.

My emotions are all over the place and I cannot begin to imagine what the Alexander family must be feeling. Take care everyone. Thank you for allowing me to share as it is not an easy thing for me to do in public.

BBM I don't remember discussing juror 1 ?????

What's the scoop?

I love all the tweets about the jury deliberating...they went to lunch at noon so nothing has happened yet except they discussed schedule @ 11:45 and then went to lunch.
They've basically decided where they want to eat.

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 4m4 minutes ago
#KirkNurmi tells jury #JodiArias does not deserve to die because she has personality disorder and history of abuse

B-tvYlKUIAAuIyS.jpg

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 8m8 minutes ago
#JodiArias and her defense team listen to Kirk Nurmi plead with jury to save her life. Fate now in the hands of jury

B-tuxPpUIAAHj7u.jpg

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 6m6 minutes ago
#JudgeSherryStephens gives instructions to the jury after defense closing arguments ended Wed in trial of #JodiArias

B-tvrrRUEAAoBzo.jpg

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom 36s36 seconds ago
I am thinking “life” based on the fact there are only 2 women on death row here and the “mental illness” testimony. YOU? #JodiArias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 1m1 minute ago
#JodiArias' mom & sister leave court after defense's closing arguments.

B-tw8IsUEAAYtOn.jpg
B-tw8JoUcAAlYQn.jpg

BBM I don't remember discussing juror 1 ?????

What's the scoop?

When Geff was testifying about how asinine Dr. D was.. apparently (that whole ridiculous day) he was moving his seat and body toward Juror number 1 and was trying to get cozy with all of them. Similar to the way CMJA did when she testified. When Juan crossed him he brought it up several times.

Knowing JSS, she'll write down the verdict, seal it and won't reveal it.

I'm not a Sherry basher but this made me snort coffee through my nose! That's why I love Websleuths; serious about justice for victims but able to find the humor in any situation. You folks are full of awesomesauce.

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom 2m2 minutes ago
Jurors leaving the courthouse...maybe for lunch #JodiArias

Conflicting tweet from earlier that jurors left for lunch...hummm

Thanks to both Bernina and YesorNo for all your hard work, you guys make the sidebar thread the best.

:loveyou::loveyou::tyou::loveyou::loveyou:

:yourock:

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 45s46 seconds ago
Alexander family leaving court today. #JodiArias

B-tyFVeVIAAH-UC.jpg

Thanks to both Bernina and YesorNo for all your hard work, you guys make the sidebar thread the best.

:loveyou::loveyou::tyou::loveyou::loveyou:

:yourock:

Double that! With whipped cream and a cherry on top!
:cupcake:

Nicole Goodman Esq ‏@msesquirette 4m4 minutes ago
Even the judges in Los Angeles County are on Twitter following the #JodiArias verdict!

B-txZAGUcAAPZGH.jpg

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 1m1 minute ago
#JodiArias' mom & sister leave court after defense's closing arguments.

B-tw8IsUEAAYtOn.jpg
B-tw8JoUcAAlYQn.jpg

Is that Donovan in the yellow shirt? Someone had tweeted that she had a new haircut.

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision 10m10 minutes ago
I'm putting the odds at 6:5 for LWOP in #JodiArias sentencing. Women outnumber men on the jury and historically women skew away from death.

Does this add up - LOL!

We have to remember, this jury never heard ALL of the details we are privy to, and they didn't even hear as much testimony about the crime itself as the first jury did. If that jury couldn't sentence her to death, I see no way this jury will. There are too many things going against it..

1) She's a woman, and women rarely receive the DP.

2) This sentencing phase was one chaotic joke of a proceeding. Between the ridiculous drawn out schedule, the disjointed testimony due to numerous motions, delays, witness unavailability...the jury was given bits and pieces of a jumbled mess of testimony which mostly consisted of paid opinions.

3) The defense was allowed so much latitude to bash the victim (with no basis in fact), and at least one juror, if not more, will believe Jodi was abused...either by Travis or in her childhood and will think that is a mitigating factor.

4) This jury has to be tired and ready to be done, and won't want to deliberate or try to convince their fellow jurors until they have a unanimous agreement.

All I can do is pray that IF this jury does give her life, JSS will redeem herself (because I think she's been awful and hasn't been authoritative or controlled this proceeding as she should) and give her LWOP.

We all have to remember...we did get JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS when the first jury said she was guilty of 1st degree murder. We can't lose sight of that fact, regardless of what decision this jury arrives at.

Prayers for Travis and the Alexander family, and thanks to Juan and Detective Flores for their hard work and dedication to this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem