SIDEBAR #48 - Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is This the End of Lethal Injection in America?

"...In Oklahoma, the state Senate judiciary committee has also recently approved a substitute for lethal injection: death by nitrogen asphyxiation. Nitrogen gas has never been used in executions in the United States, but in theory it should cause a peaceful death. Lawmakers in Louisiana are considering a similar measure.

"Nitrogen is not a 'poison' in the traditional sense," writes the U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board, on its notice of the dangers of nitrogen gas. "Breathing an oxygen deficient atmosphere can have serious and immediate effects, including unconsciousness after only one or two breaths."

http://www.nationaljournal.com/dome...e-end-of-lethal-injection-in-america-20150325

You Can Now Live Inside Shopping Mall for $550 a Month

But there's already a waiting list for these new micro apartments.
"As more Americans turn to the internet to buy what they need, shopping malls across the country are closing their doors. But one historic mall has found a creative way to repurpose its former retail space: America's first shopping mall, the Westminster Arcade in Providence, Rhode Island, has now been turned into micro lofts, offering people the chance to truly live inside a piece of history..."

http://www.redbookmag.com/home/a21120/shopping-mall-micro-homes-in-rhode-island/

1427503465-syn-11-1427471701-the-micro-lofts-at-the-arcade-providence-kitchen-bedroom-photo-credit-ben-jacobsen-copy.jpg

Deanna Reid Testifies @ #JodiArias Penalty Phase Retrial 1/2

[video=youtube;rFftDKrCfw0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFftDKrCfw0[/video]
-------------------------

Deanna Reid Testifies @ #JodiArias Penalty Phase Retrial 2/2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_rLnAak6lU

Mormon Bishop Vernon Parker testfiies @ #jodiarias retrial

[video=youtube;Liy03M4wJLM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Liy03M4wJLM[/video]

Beth Karas testifies about Juror # 9 approaching her [Penalty Phase Retrial]

[video=youtube;310Qr4t3-wI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=310Qr4t3-wI[/video]

I feel your pain! I went through purchasing a washer in 2012. Long story ...

I did quite a bit of research on machines. I was adamant that I didn't want an energy saving machine, I wanted it to fill with water also :blush: . I found the machine that I wanted, and ended up where you are as to the water level issue. I actually sent emails to the president, VP of marketing, VP of product development for the company. Low and behold, the VP of product development called me with another person on the line that was a technical person. I voiced my opinion that the levels for the wash and rinse weren't high in the tub even on the super cycle, and that if I threw a sock on the top of what I considered a "normal load" during the cycle, I could close it for 60 seconds, and there wasn't enough water to even "agitate" the sock into the water. Well, after round and round with them - they shared with me the new governmental regulations that went into effect mid 2011 iirc. They stated that all machines now are restricted by the government as to gallons of water that can be used, not just the energy star models which I had thought would be low water.

So, what I did was have my washer returned, and they helped find me a 2011 model at another store! Same washer but since was manufactured a few months earlier - it didn't have the new water restrictions. Here's a link to glean info perhaps http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704662604576202212717670514

I'm with you, I didn't want a front loader :gaah: as front loaders...they take so long, and I usually do all my laundry in back to back loads. So I hope that my washer lasts a long time as I like my old fashioned simple one with the simple dials vs. the new fangeled stuff too. ( I get to practice uploading photos I have taken :giggle: )

View attachment 72006

View attachment 72007

As to the hot water, that should be corrected, unless the government has put restrictions on that too :laughcry:

I read that article about water restrictions- thanks.

So maybe the water problem may not be able to be fixed to my liking, but how does it save energy if I have to do 2 loads instead of 1

because there is not enough water, I would like to know??? :gaah:

According to the article, front-loaders have problems with mold! ICK! They were too expensive for me anyway. :sheesh:

I do like how my new machine is very quiet- just a lot of funny clicky noises that my old one didn't have. I actual had to look to make sure the machine was

working when the machine was spinning- that's how quiet it was. :floorlaugh:

lamby/Zuri I did see the Whirlpool Cabrio, but it didn't have the agitator, so, not for me. How does it wash the clothes without one? Does it do something different, like

toss the clothes about somehow???? How is the water level and the water temps?

My new machine is a Hotpoint, made by GE.

If the repair man can't fix the temp problem, I could probably return it. I bought it at Lowes and they are very good about returns and customer satisfaction in our store.

The repairman is suppose to come between 8:00 to 5:00 today.

I'm crossing my fingers.:crossfingers:

Thanks everyone who commented. :seeya:

ETA: The repair man just called and he said he will come between 3:30 and 5:00. He kinda warned me about the new washing machine "problems" and "energy saving" bull, so we will see. :gaah:

Here's a campaign that was started when folks rebelled as to water levels in washers lol. Send your underwear!

[video=youtube;WcW0PoREDj8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcW0PoREDj8[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcW0PoREDj8

:floorlaugh:

I know about the lightbulbs. Those new ones don't put out enough light for me :( (so I stockpiled the old ones before they stopped selling them :secret: -don't think I have enough
to last my lifetime tho' :( )

I guess I'm just a selfish, wasteful Baby Boomer (like everyone calls us).
-------------------------

Thanks for the coffee and cute giraffe Coffeejunkie :seeya:

:floorlaugh:

I know about the lightbulbs. Those new ones don't put out enough light for me :( (so I stockpiled the old ones before they stopped selling them :secret: -don't think I have enough
to last my lifetime tho' :( )

I guess I'm just a selfish, wasteful Baby Boomer (like everyone calls us).

Too funny! I stockpiled the light bulbs I like, too.
And I found that it really helps to wash clothes as usual, and then set the machine back to rinse and do a second rinse before drying. So add me to the list of SWBB's...selfish wasteful baby boomer. Ha! :)

I read that article about water restrictions- thanks.

So maybe the water problem may not be able to be fixed to my liking, but how does it save energy if I have to do 2 loads instead of 1

because there is not enough water, I would like to know??? :gaah:

According to the article, front-loaders have problems with mold! ICK! They were too expensive for me anyway. :sheesh:

I do like how my new machine is very quiet- just a lot of funny clicky noises that my old one didn't have. I actual had to look to make sure the machine was

working when the machine was spinning- that's how quiet it was. :floorlaugh:

lamby/Zuri I did see the Whirlpool Cabrio, but it didn't have the agitator, so, not for me. How does it wash the clothes without one? Does it do something different, like

toss the clothes about somehow???? How is the water level and the water temps?

My new machine is a Hotpoint, made by GE.

If the repair man can't fix the temp problem, I could probably return it. I bought it at Lowes and they are very good about returns and customer satisfaction in our store.

The repairman is suppose to come between 8:00 to 5:00 today.

I'm crossing my fingers.:crossfingers:

Thanks everyone who commented. :seeya:

ETA: The repair man just called and he said he will come between 3:30 and 5:00. He kinda warned me about the new washing machine "problems" and "energy saving" bull, so we will see. :gaah:
Good morning. Just adding my thoughts. I had to buy a new washer two years ago. I bought an Amana. It is not energy efficient. Holds lots of water and is a top loader. I love it.

I bought a whirlpool first and it was energy efficient. I returned it after first use. Hated it. No water in it!! My friend bought an energy efficient front loader. She hates it. Also, I am allergic to mold and the salesman told me that front loaders always retain just a small amount of water so you must thoroughly dry them after each use.

My energy efficient washer is NOT quiet! I thought it had something wrong with the first use, it was so loud. As for any mold problem ..... you are supposed to clean them periodically with "their" product made specifically for that purpose. Add another expense to that. My solution has been to put vinegar into my bleach dispenser, makes the clothes pretty soft, too. There is no softener dispenser -- it came with a Downey ball to put the rinse product in and toss on top of clothes when starting the load. Cannot find a replacement for that darned Downey ball either!

It "may" be energy efficient on water, but not so on finances or the time it takes to wash. :stormingmad:

Just wanted to express my feelings about government no longer "of the people" telling us what we must do....I hate it!!!!! Telling us what to eat. What lightbulbs to use. Cannot use enough water to wash clothes. Don't want us driving SUV's. And all the while they ride around in their limos or SUVs or jets and we are paying for them to live well. UGH!!!!

And don't forget the water efficient new toilets that don't always flush! :gaah::shame: real water saver there.

And don't forget the water efficient new toilets that don't always flush! :gaah::shame: real water saver there.

Aren't those a treasure? A neighbor renovated her baths, and put in...you guessed it, water efficient toilets. After the third time of having the plumber out due to problems, the plumber told her that folks have far fewer problems with those new toilets if you just flush twice. Progress? :thinking:

Aren't those a treasure? A neighbor renovated her baths, and put in...you guessed it, water efficient toilets. After the third time of having the plumber out due to problems, the plumber told her that folks have far fewer problems with those new toilets if you just flush twice. Progress? :thinking:

or invest in a good plunger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member