Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 76817

This was taken last night around 8pm. These storms have been rolling through each evening for the last 4 days! It was 3 miles from my house and a friend posted it on FB and said I could use it.

That is absolutely fantastic and amazing... I do hope and pray no one was in it's path. :(

Me too, Wagara! When I first game to SC there were hurricane warnings and everybody headed away from the coast. The highways were at a standstill for hours and hours. But I stayed home and played in the wind ... dang nearly blew me over! It was fun! But wouldn't want to experience too much more than that.

I'm sitting on that crazy seat right beside you! I can't say this out loud but I love hurricanes! Not when they hit...Hugo was enough...but the wind, rain, and trees dancing are soothing to me!

I love storms, too. At the moment we are getting one hellacious storm ..... winds are whipping the water in swirls down the streets, power has flickered out a few times, thunder is loud and BOOM-ing ! Lightening galore. The front porch is flooded and my feet are wet from trying to close the windows out there. And one dog is hiding out in her crate ..... wonder how long before she is under the bed or off to a corner.

Good morning :seeya:

Looks like rain today- the wind is whipping (and maybe no internet today :( )

Blustery%2BDay.jpg

Link: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BbiM6ubFzmg/VLQcvCDBkrI/AAAAAAAAA8c/CFmYnhz7x2k/s1600/Blustery+Day.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three men in viral video of One World Trade BASE jump were just convicted of multiple crimes

"Three men who parachuted from the top of One World Trade Center were just convicted of criminal charges.
On Monday, a Manhattan jury found them James Brady, 33, Andrew Rossig, 34, and Marko Markovich, 28 guilty of reckless endangerment, reckless endangerment of property and unauthorized climbing, jumping and suspending oneself from a structure...."

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-th...mp-from-new-yorks-1-world-trade-center-2015-6

:scared::scared::scared:

base-jumpers-4.jpg

1wt%20jump.gif

1wt2.gif

1wt3.gif

--------------------------------

[video=youtube;nz7sxt9xeJE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz7sxt9xeJE[/video]

Parts of Western NY on Lockdown as Authorities Chase Escaped Convicts

[video=youtube;FHgSAO0bj1w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHgSAO0bj1w[/video]
--
What happens if escaped prisoners aren't caught? (video)

"Police are still searching for two convicted killers who escaped from an upstate New York prison June 6, but one lingering possibility remains: what if the pair are never caught? NBC's Stephanie Gosk reports."

http://www.today.com/video/what-happens-if-escaped-prisoners-arent-caught-468756547836
------------------------------

NY escapees: WS thread
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...vid-Sweat-amp-Richard-Matt-Dannemora-4/page15

James Garbarino: "Listening to Killers" YTube

""Listening to Killers: Bringing Developmental Psychology into the Courtroom in Murder Cases"...

This presentation is based upon James Garbarino’s 20 years as a psychological expert witness in murder cases. It focuses on his efforts to bridge the gap in legal proceedings between the "social history" typically provided by social work and the "diagnosis" provided by clinical psychology. It offers a "developmental analysis" that seeks to explain detailed accounts of how killers travel a path that leads from childhood innocence to lethal violence in adolescence or adulthood. The presentation places the emotional and moral damage of each individual killer within a larger scientific framework of social, psychological, anthropological, and biological research on human development. In doing so, the presentation highlights the humanity we share with killers and the role of understanding and empathy in breaking the cycle of violence..."

[video=youtube;5OrTbL5G9RQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OrTbL5G9RQ[/video]

One of his papers:

Lost boys: Why our sons turn violent and how we can save them

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2722594/

Jeralean Talley, World's Oldest Person On Record, Dies At Age 116 In Her Michigan Home

"Jeralean Talley, previously listed as the world's oldest living person, has died at the age of 116, according to friends and family.
Longtime friend Michael Kinloch told The Huffington Post that Talley died Wednesday at her home in Inkster, Michigan. Talley had been in the hospital for about a week due to heart problems, but came home over the weekend and spent her last days with her loved ones..."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...lley_n_7614112.html?utm_hp_ref=fifty&ir=Fifty
---------------------------------------

RIP Jeralean. :candle: It's time to rest now.

Serial Pursuit
Crime Trivia Quiz

"How much do you know about the most famous murder cases and serial killers in history? Have fun testing your knowledge of history's infamous killers -- from Jack the Ripper to the BTK strangler -- by taking our "Serial Pursuit" trivia quiz"

http://crime.about.com/od/quiz/a/quiz_serial.htm

My score:
"You answered 17 items out of 20 correctly.
Your score is 85%..."
--------------------------------------

Famous Mugshots Quiz

"This quiz presents the police mugshots of famous celebrities who were arrested and some of the most infamous criminals in history. How many can you identify?"

http://crime.about.com/od/quiz/a/mugshots_quiz.htm

My score:
"You answered 23 items out of 35 correctly.
Your score is 66%. Not bad."

:wave:

Okay tried to quote YESorNO's post 634 - but it didn't work... and my Thanks button is going screwy! :gaah: By the way I did :gthanks: EVERYONE's post! :D

on Y/N - post - but it isn't over, we still need to see Sheriff Joe's reports, plus all the sealed documents/hearings/sidebar stuff! :judge: where are they??!!

I've been busy over at the McStay thread. I did a timeline with all the stuff gathered into one post. :pcguru: It was all here and there and I decided I wanted everything on one sheet! :lol:

Okay - I think I'm going to sign off for the day... :online:

See you later, friends! :seeya:

BBM

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 7h7 hours ago
Judge orders @JodiArias to pay restitution to Travis Alexander's family https://shar.es/1q3sjN via @abc15

Memarie's Muse ‏@MemariesMuse 2h2 hours ago
@BethKaras @jodiarias @abc15 Did Sheriff Joe ever release his report on her behavior t Estrella? I've been waiting to read it!

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 23m23 minutes ago
@MemariesMuse @jodiarias @abc15 He gave it to the County Attorney. As far as I know, it's not public yet.

That little jumping off the building video made my stomach heave!! I hate heights!! I'm bad about heights...that's why I will never ride in airplane...too high in the sky for me!!!!!!!!

One more post and I'm off to make breakfast:
-------------------------------------------------

MaryEllen Resendez @maryellenabc15 · 1m1 minute ago
‪#‎JodiArias‬ Atty read 2 restitution:"when U send someone 2 prison for life getting restitution is slim to none" ‪#‎abc15‬ :(

MaryEllen Resendez @maryellenabc15 ·
Atty Jennifer Wilmott: ‪#‎JodiArias‬ is working hard to behave herself -- so she can get more visits -- has great attitude PFTTT

Chris Williams @chriswnews ·
Looks like ‪#‎JodiArias‬ was ordered to pay $32,115.63 to ‪#‎TravisAlexander‬ siblings. According to #JodiArias atty Willmott, that's apx 1/3 of what #TravisAlexander family asked.
Pros Martinez said in court #TravisAlexander family did not want to travel to AZ to take part in hearing. #JodiArias atty says def asked #TravisAlexander family for expense breakdown but they didn't hand them over.

DID YOU KNOW

The colder the room you sleep in, the better the chances are that you’ll have a bad dream.
Tears and mucus contain an enzyme (lysozyme) that breaks down the cell wall of many bacteria.
Your body gives off enough heat in 30 minutes to bring half a gallon of water to a boil.
Your ears secrete more earwax when you are afraid than when you aren’t.
It is not possible to tickle yourself
The width of your armspan stretched out is the length of your whole body.
Humans are the only animals to produce emotional tears.
Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do.
Women burn fat more slowly than men, by a rate of about 50 calories a day
Koalas and primates are the only animals with unique fingerprints.
The indentation in the middle of the area between the nose and the upper lip has a name. (It is called the philtrum).
Human lips have a reddish color because of the great concentration of tiny capillaries just below the skin.
Your body has enough iron in it to make a nail 3 inches long.
Every tongue print is unique.
Every day an adult body produces 300 billion new cells.
Three hundred million cells die in the human body every minute.
The feet account for one quarter of all the human body’s bones.
Bone is stronger than some steel.
The tooth is the only part of the human body that can’t repair itself.
You use 200 muscles to take one step.
The hardest bone in the human body is the jawbone.
We are about 1 cm taller in the morning than in the evening.
Humans can make do longer without food than sleep.
A baby’s head is one-quarter of it’s total length, but by age 25 will only be one-eighth of its total length.
Nails and hair do not continue to grow after we die.
Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
After eating too much, your hearing is less sharp.
Earwax production is necessary for good ear health.
A full bladder is roughly the size of a soft ball.
The human body is estimated to have 60,000 miles of blood vessels.
Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails.
Blondes have more hair.
The fastest growing nail is on the middle finger.
80% of the brain is water.
Information travels at different speeds within different types of neurons.
Scientists say the higher your I.Q. the more you dream.
The brain is much more active at night than during the day.
The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as the Encyclopedia Britannica.
The brain operates on the same amount of power as 10-watt light bulb.
Nerve impulses to and from the brain travel as fast as 170 miles per hour.

Did You Know

A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor.
A cat is pregnant for about 58-65 days.
A cat's IQ is only surpassed by that of monkeys and chimps in the world of animals.
A cat's nose pad is as unique as a human fingerprint. No two nose prints are identical.
A cat's sense of smell is about 14 times stronger than ours.
A litter of kittens is called a kindle, and a group of cats is called a clowder.
Ancient Egyptians shaved their eyebrows in mourning when their cats died.
Cat urine glows under a black-light!
Catgut comes from sheep not cats.
Cats are members of the Felidea family.
Cats are the only animals that purr. They can purr at around 26 cycles per second, which is the same frequency as an idling diesel engine.
Cats cannot taste sweet things.
Cats do not think that they are little people. They think that we are big cats.
Cats get an average of 16 hours of sleep per day.
Cats have 32 muscles in each ear and can turn their ear very quickly to catch noise.
Cats have five toes on each front paw, but only four toes on each back paw.
Cats make over 100 different vocal sounds; dogs can make about ten.
Dogs and cats, like humans, are either right or left handed... or is that paws?!
Domestic cats hate lemons or other citrus scents.
In the cat family, only cheetahs cannot retract their claws.
Jaguars are the only big cats that don't roar.
Julius Ceasar, Henri II, Charles XI, and Napoleon were all afraid of cats.
Most cats have no eyelashes.
Mother cats teach their kittens to use the litter box.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the cat door.
Today there are about 100 distinct breeds of the domestic

DID YOU KNOW

A dog's sense of smell is about 1000 times better than a person's.
Alexander the Great is said to have founded and named a city Peritas, in memory of his dog.
All but two breeds of dogs have pink tongues. The Chow Chow and the Shar-pei, both have black tongues.
Boxers are named for their playful habit of using their front paws in frolic.
Chained dogs are 3 times more likely to bite than unchained dogs.
Contrary to popular belief, dogs do not only sweat by salivating. They also sweat through the poors on their feet.
Dogs and cats consume over $11 billion worth of pet food a year!
Dogs can hear sounds that you cant!
Dogs have 42 teeth, cats about 30.
Dogs have far fewer taste buds than people ? probably fewer than 2,000 compared to human's 9,000.
Dogs have lived with humans for over 14,000 years. Cats have lived with people for only 7,000 years.
Dogs hear sounds up to four times the distance that humans are able to.
Greyhounds have the best eyesight of any breed of dog.
In the movie 'The Wizard Of Oz', Toto the dog's salary was $125 a week, while Judy Garland was $500 a week.
It was once against the law to have a pet dog in a city in Iceland!
Nose prints are used to identify dogs, just like humans use fingerprints!
Over one million stray dogs live in the New York City metropolitan area.
President Franklin Roosevelt created a minor international incident when he claimed he sent a destroyer to the Aleutian Islands just to pick up his Scottish Terrier, Fala,who had been left behind.
Saint Bernards were trained to rescue lost travelers in the Swiss Alps.
The average city dog lives three years longer than the average country dog.
The average dog can run about 19 mph. Greyhounds are the fastest dogs on Earth and can run at speeds of 45 mph.
The Basenji is the world's only bark-less dog.
The best time for taking a puppy from its litter, psychologically and physically, is when it is 49 days old.
The bloodhound is the only animal whose evidence is admissible in an American court.
The Canary Islands were not named after a bird called the canary. They were named after a breed of dogs!
The Chow and the Chinese Shar-Pei are the only dogs that have black tongues.
The earliest European images of dogs are found in cave paintings dating back 12,000 years ago in Spain.
The first two years of a dog's life are equal to 24 human years.
The most dogs ever owned by one person were 5,000 Mastiffs owned by Kubla Khan.
The most popular dog breed in Canada, U.S., and Great Britain is the Labrador retriever.
The most popular male dog names are Max and Jake. The most popular female dog names are Maggie and Molly.
There are 701 types of pure breed dogs.
There are an estimated 400 million dogs in the world.
There are over 58 million dogs in the U.S!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edlynch