SIDEBAR #57 - Travis Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I thank you both Hope4More and Spellbound. I have now followed Spellbound's advice for stopping the upgrade and if that is not successful given I have already downloaded it, I will try Hope's suggestions for uninstalling and reverting back to Windows 7.

I may do this 10 upgrade at some point but decided to wait and see how it works for others who have upgraded from Windows 7. So far I have only found upgrades from 8 and since 8 was such a problem for most, the upgrade has been for the most part positive. I run Windows 7 Home Premium and like it a lot so I see no reason to upgrade. I may not have a choice for long and if that turns out to be the case I can do the free upgrade through July of 2016. By then hopefully I can get some feedback on what to expect before I actually have to work with a new system.

:)

KRK...

Try this this to STOP installation of win 10.

1. Click on control panel
2. Choose " windows update"
3. Choose " check for updates"
4. Choose " important "
5. Choose "view uninstall"

RIGHT click on any and all of these :

KB3035583
KB295.....
KB30........

then click on (halt?) ...update for each.

Over my head......but after a quick skim, it sounds like Microsoft is determined to give you 10 whether you want it or not. They've disabled the "stop auto download" option (thanks, guys), and it seems possible MS will keep sending you auto updates even if you manage to dodge that first download.

There are ways to put a stop to the whole enchilada, but they involve tinkering with system settings....way above my paygrade.
If all else fails maybe you can call an Office Depot kind of store and ask for advise?

I uninstalled KB3035583 and it is now gone, but the prompt is still coming up that my upgrade will install as soon as I restart.

So time will tell I guess. I will try uninstalling after the fact per your suggestion, if need be.

THANK YOU. And, I was serious about the brownies... :)

Never thought about how scary a kid might find that movie! I know my son would have had nightmares too if he had watched it when young-young (he hasn't seen it).

Have you ever seen the Polar Express? I LOVE that movie. We saw it in the theater when my son was 7 or 8. I thought he might be scared of the ghost on top of the train, or the sequence when the train careens down the roller coaster mountain onto cracking ice, but he barely blinked at either.

What made him burst into tears was the little girl's ticket being swept away and seemingly lost. He cried nonstop until the ticket returned to her; he thought it was beyond heartbreaking that she might be thrown off the train and miss seeing Santa Claus. :)

I don't recall ever watching that movie, but it sounds lovely. My kids really liked The Santa Clause, and (even though it was old even then), A Christmas Story, (probably because we lived in an old house much like the one in the movie), so charming...

1988 - Roy Orbison dies of heart failure at age 52, and Barbara Orbison, his second wife died 23 years to the day after her husband.

[video=youtu;cwqhdRs4jyA]http://youtu.be/cwqhdRs4jyA[/video]

I loved The Wizard of Oz when I was a kid and watched it every time it came on. And I also loved Amahl and The Night Visitors.

What I didn't like was Old Yeller and Bambi. Those movies, now adding the Lion King, haunted me and still do. It bothers me terribly to think of watching them and my stomach is all nervous thinking of them. They were traumatic to me as a young child. I was 6 when I saw Old Yeller at the movies.

I am probably in the minority on this, but I DID watch The Wizard of Oz as a child and it traumatized me! I found it to be very creepy and scary. I had nightmares about it for years. I have never watched it again and wouldn't allow my kids to watch it when they were young (not that they wanted to).

So, maybe you were lucky that you didn't see it through a child's eyes...

Those dang monkeys--and woods. Shiver--watched it each year still scary!!

I loved The Wizard of Oz when I was a kid and watched it every time it came on. And I also loved Amahl and The Night Visitors.

What I didn't like was Old Yeller and Bambi. Those movies, now adding the Lion King, haunted me and still do. It bothers me terribly to think of watching them and my stomach is all nervous thinking of them. They were traumatic to me as a young child. I was 6 when I saw Old Yeller at the movies.

Sleeping beauty as well. I'm still afraid to be mean to doll--sunflower creep me out. Thank you Alfred Hitchcock and twilight zone.
Over thanksgiving I watched gone with the wind...

Where was the fox? And do you only do it on misty mornings?

I came across something last night Zuri, that was really disturbing.

[video=youtu;gxVlxT_x-f0]http://youtu.be/gxVlxT_x-f0[/video]

1965 - The Rolling Stones record "19th Nervous Breakdown" and "Mother's Little Helper."

htts://youtu.be/13olfeD026g

I uninstalled KB3035583 and it is now gone, but the prompt is still coming up that my upgrade will install as soon as I restart.

So time will tell I guess. I will try uninstalling after the fact per your suggestion, if need be.

THANK YOU. And, I was serious about the brownies... :)

It's back!! I uninstalled this thing and next time I turned the machine on automatic updating reinstalled it. So I uninstalled it again and it reinstalled it AGAIN !

This is the main reason I do not want to do this free upgrade to Windows 10 right now. I resent having Microsoft forcing things on users like this. It's fine to ask if we want it and let us decide but they are making this decision for me no matter how often I decline their offer. I do not like this, not one bit!

I will not be surprised if they infect my computer with some sort of bug if I decline the installation or attempt to stop it in progress. Spyware and Nagware oh yes...so why would Malware be a surprise?

Does anyone else find it creepy that Microsoft has so much control over our machines?

Well, I thank you both Hope4More and Spellbound. I have now followed Spellbound's advice for stopping the upgrade and if that is not successful given I have already downloaded it, I will try Hope's suggestions for uninstalling and reverting back to Windows 7.

I may do this 10 upgrade at some point but decided to wait and see how it works for others who have upgraded from Windows 7. So far I have only found upgrades from 8 and since 8 was such a problem for most, the upgrade has been for the most part positive. I run Windows 7 Home Premium and like it a lot so I see no reason to upgrade. I may not have a choice for long and if that turns out to be the case I can do the free upgrade through July of 2016. By then hopefully I can get some feedback on what to expect before I actually have to work with a new system.

:)

It's back!! I uninstalled this thing and next time I turned the machine on automatic updating reinstalled it. So I uninstalled it again and it reinstalled it AGAIN !

This is the main reason I do not want to do this free upgrade to Windows 10 right now. I resent having Microsoft forcing things on users like this. It's fine to ask if we want it and let us decide but they are making this decision for me no matter how often I decline their offer. I do not like this, not one bit!

I will not be surprised if they infect my computer with some sort of bug if I decline the installation or attempt to stop it in progress. Spyware and Nagware oh yes...so why would Malware be a surprise?

Does anyone else find it creepy that Microsoft has so much control over our machines?

Did you follow only what I quoted? Be sure to continue down that article and follow the rest of the suggestions, too. I suspect what I labeled as #4 is the reason is keeps coming back. (#1is what I had quoted above)

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-10-download-windows-7-8/

1: Stop the Automatic Upgrade to Windows 10
2:
Stop the Windows 10 Installation File Download
3:
Reclaim System Drive Space
4:
Stop Microsoft from Messing with You Like This

Eek. No, I can't imagine that anyone could find that insult funny or appropriate. You're right, though, context is everything.

And about that context. Travis said that her call earlier, before he sent her those stinging texts, was "disgusting." I've wondered recently if she told him during that call she'd slept around while in Mesa, or even that she had been paid for her services.

Maybe there was a factual reason why he chose some of the words he did. BTW, apparently Travis posted on his MySpace that "*advertiser censored*" were one of his chief dislikes.
I had never taken the idea that she sold herself seriously because it didn't seem to fit with her self-image, but as explanation for the fight at the end of May it makes a lot of sense: It was never put in print, it hurt TA greatly, it was apparently something that caused Arias to be concerned about the law, she always seemed to have money without having a job, and as long as she could keep it secret it wouldn't bother her non-existent conscience.

Good Morning and remember SMILE!

Never forget these important things:
Home is not a place, but a Feeling.
Time is not measured by a clock, but by Moments.
Heartbeats are not heard, but Felt and Shared.

May your day be filled with sunshine and happiness :grouphug:

I find it very creepy. And obnoxious as all get out.

Read up some more on how to put a stop to the win 10 auto updates. Caveat: I see that Spellbound has offered advice about removal. I have no idea how to evaluate what solution works best. The one below is MSoft's way of saying...we're gonna make you accept Win 10, but we don't want to pizz you off too much, so if after we've put win 10 on your system we'll allow you to go back to your previous OS if you really really want to.

I'm not sure how you get win 10 back if you want it, but I suspect MSoft makes that easier than trying to prevent it from invading your PC in the first place.

Here's what to do:

1. Surrender and allow Win 10 to download - completely.

2. Reboot.

3. Go to "settings"

4. Click on "update & security, " then " recovery"

5. Look for and choose "go back to Windows 7"

6. Click "get started"

7. Follow prompts.....

Please let us know how it goes, and what works. I've been putting off dealing with this on my PC (I use my phone for most everything, but Win 10 is lurking, waiting for me to click on it). :)

I had never taken the idea that she sold herself seriously because it didn't seem to fit with her self-image, but as explanation for the fight at the end of May it makes a lot of sense: It was never put in print, it hurt TA greatly, it was apparently something that caused Arias to be concerned about the law, she always seemed to have money without having a job, and as long as she could keep it secret it wouldn't bother her non-existent conscience.

She may have been stealing johns' ID's... Perhaps the reason she needed the attorney was for identity theft? And Travis was one of her other victims? She could also have got ID's from work. If all she stole from these people was there identity cards, they're lucky.

These broken quotes are so confusing lol. They seem to be just on the Side Bar and I am wondering if there is something wrong with this thread when we quote another post. Alas, I get confused pretty easily. Has anyone else had trouble following?

ETA: I sure sound smart in the above post, which is attributed to me, but was written by Steve44. That is good for me, but poor Steve44 if he gets my posts attributed to him lol.

She may have been stealing johns' ID's... Perhaps the reason she needed the attorney was for identity theft? And Travis was one of her other victims? She could also have got ID's from work. If all she stole from these people was there identity cards, they're lucky.

I think Travis would have reported her to police or at least told Taylor if she confessed to Travis she had committed that kind of crime.

He told her on the 22nd that he knew what she had done and wasn't angry with her, and that was on the same day she'd told him she'd done something wrong enough to warrant calling an attorney.

It's also possible that Travis on the 22nd thought he knew what she'd done but wasn't aware of the details or scope of the thing or some such.

I still think whatever it was she had termed so "dire" was not necessarily consequential to anyone but Travis. He told her it was "disgusting," he didn't tell a single friend what it was, and in the text/chat exchange the question he most needed her to answer was why she was trying to ruin him.

Two possibly unrelated tidbits I'd forgotten about....Travis installed Spybot after the May 26 exchange (I think it was on May 27), and on May 28 the killer opened a YouTube account.

She didn't upload any videos until a few days after his body was found. When she did, she uploaded a single video of Travis doing his Ed Snell routine at a PPL event.

These broken quotes are so confusing lol. They seem to be just on the Side Bar and I am wondering if there is something wrong with this thread when we quote another post. Alas, I get confused pretty easily. Has anyone else had trouble following?

ETA: I sure sound smart in the above post, which is attributed to me, but was written by Steve44. That is good for me, but poor Steve44 if he gets my posts attributed to him lol.

LOL. Yes, I find it berry berry berry confuthing. :D

Just noticed I seem to have quoted myself in last post but it was really Rickshaw.....

:shame:

:thinking:

Could be, or could be that as well, but TA's outrage and sense of betrayal seemed to hit him on a very personal level, and he seemed to think she was truly morally bankrupt after this. I'm not sure he would have reacted like that just to credit card fraud given his forgiving nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarmenSanDiego314