Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Just wanted to thank you all again for your encouraging words last week. My prayers have been answered career wise. On Sunday night I was watching the eagles game (which was a miracle by itself) when one of my best friends who is a district attorney called and told me that his good friend has an immediate need for a paralegal. I have always wanted to be a paralegal and have a lot of experience in court with my previous career but never went to paralegal school, just have my bachelors degree in something else. His friend called me yesterday, I interviewed and got the job! I'm very excited and feel like my prayers have been answered. Even better is that she followed this case (we were talking about it) and totally understands my interest in the criminal mind. I'm really excited and so grateful to my good friend for thinking of me. It will be nice to be working with other adults and feeling like I'm providing for my kids again. Thank you all for your positive energy!

:applause::applause::applause:

Well good for you! :congrats:

And good luck on your new job. :crossfingers:

Sweetiemon just posted this on the Lawrence book thread:

Seems that he has cancer (that's why he's bald again and has gained some weight back - chemo :( )

http://nurmilaw.com/cancer/

Sending jingles to Nore. I hope she is feeling better. Does anyone have an update?

She has a Dr appointment on Wednesday. She's having troubles moving around and is feeling weak. JINGLES Nore and Prayers!

1980 - John Lennon, former member of the Beatles, was shot and killed in New York City by Mark David Chapman.

[video=youtu;yRhq-yO1KN8]http://youtu.be/yRhq-yO1KN8[/video]

L. Kirk Nurmi ‏@_nurmilaw 2h2 hours ago
Sharing this publicly was a tough personal decision but out of the hope that my story would help someone #cancer

Legally Speaking: Kirk Nurmi Interview - Part 2

[video=youtube;9-9Ut9GESOI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-9Ut9GESOI[/video]

Hi all,

Just wanted to thank you all again for your encouraging words last week. My prayers have been answered career wise. On Sunday night I was watching the eagles game (which was a miracle by itself) when one of my best friends who is a district attorney called and told me that his good friend has an immediate need for a paralegal. I have always wanted to be a paralegal and have a lot of experience in court with my previous career but never went to paralegal school, just have my bachelors degree in something else. His friend called me yesterday, I interviewed and got the job! I'm very excited and feel like my prayers have been answered. Even better is that she followed this case (we were talking about it) and totally understands my interest in the criminal mind. I'm really excited and so grateful to my good friend for thinking of me. It will be nice to be working with other adults and feeling like I'm providing for my kids again. Thank you all for your positive energy!

Wow! Super dooper wonderful news, Mollyandme!! So glad you have a job you are going to enjoy..... will be hard work, but so rewarding, I think. I am excited for you and do hope this is the beginning of a wonderful path for you and your family. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

:snowflake::congrats::snowflake:

Sweetest Nore..... thinking of you. Hope your appointment goes well and you are back in good health soon.

Sorry to hear about Nurmi's cancer. As much as I don't care for his lawyering, I don't wish this on him.

Morning all!

Sorry this post is soooo long, but got caught up in Government red tape yesterday...

all quotes snipped by me!

YESorNO said:
Gmail Ending? Google Starts Migrating Users

"Something rather interesting is happening at the Gmail.com domain right now. Google has started notifying users of its experimental ‘Inbox By Gmail’ service that this has replaced their Gmail account…

The pop-up appears when Inbox users login and states “Thanks for trying Inbox! To make it easier we’ve updated Gmail to redirect you here”. In plain URL terms this means the standalone inbox.google.com address for the beta service disappears and Inbox instead resides at gmail.com..."

:waitasec: I have gmail, but haven't received any kind of notice... I guess I better read that link you provided... I hate change!! :(

YESorNO said:
The United States Postal Service will now email you your mail

"The US Postal Service is testing a “notification” service that emails customers images of the envelopes of their letter-size mail.

The service, called Informed Delivery, will send out an email to customers each morning with that day’s mailbox contents. The images are only of the exterior front side, and the mail will not be opened.

Informed Delivery has been live in seven Northern Virginia zip codes since 2014 and is now expanding to the New York City metro area, with more coverage planned in 2016. The service is free, but customers have to sign up online. It is not available to businesses and will not apply to packages, though the agency said it may include scans of catalogs and magazines in the future...."

I don't know about this... I like my catalogs and magazines be delivered, and ALL my mail!! :thinking: I wonder "how" it went over in No. Virginia?? Did people like it? What do you all think about this?

YESorNO said:
Santa Isn't Dead! Newspaper Says Sorry For Fake Obituary
Saint Nick passed at the age of 226, according to the announcement in Norway's Aftenposten

"Don't worry, kids, Santa isn't dead!

But a newspaper in Norway is sure to be on this year's naughty list after it accidentally published a fake obituary for Father Christmas.

The hoax announcement in Aftenposten claimed Saint Nick died at the age of 226 in the country's most northern point of Nordkapp on Dec. 3, the BBC reported.

It also revealed his funeral would be held at the North Pole Chapel on Dec. 28, according to the Evening Standard.

His birthdate was given as Dec. 12, 1788 -- but no cause of death was stated..."

Let me think here :thinking: Maybe of old age?? BUT! Santa can't die... :santahat: He's in your heart! :luv:

YESorNO said:
RIP

(Hey Niner- have you read any of his books?)

Nope - never heard of him! :D I tried reading another older author about a police officer, and now can't remember his name - Oh - last name Chandler - just couldn't get thru his books, so thinking this might be the same... I'll look up his books though and "see" if my library has any of his books. I like to read ALL the books from one author in the order they wrote them. Thanks for the suggestion! :tyou:

YESorNO said:
L talks about "this is your brain on drugs" because he called the murderer "Jodi"

"take the egg but do not crack it, smash the egg into the pan, shell and all....find some fecal matter, throw it into the pan, add a chopped up dead rat and scramble the whole mess up. Once completely cooked this concoction would approximate the effect Ms. Arias would have on my brain"

:laughcry: Too funny!

On the video of the cat jumping on the Christmas tree - so far both my :cat: :cat: have NOT jumped on or played with the ornaments YET!! Ripped a couple of Christmas presents, but that's okay...
:christmastree:

YESorNO said:
Don't ever stop coming here You are part of the Sidebar- we are all important here.
A reply to Susza

Yes - you ARE a part of our Sidebar here Susza!! Your English doesn't matter to us - we understand (at least I do :D) what you're saying!! :happydance:

Hatfield said:
I consider this Sidebar thread as my "home" WS thread. I know when I come here I will always be safe and I always get a smile from the other wonderful people here. No other WS thread is like it.

Come anytime and lurking is ok too.

Ditto!! my "home" WS thread too! :skip:

coffeejunkie said:
Our lovely Nore is not feeling well...would everyone keep her in your thoughts, prayers, jingles?

Oh NO!! JINGLES!!!! to you Nore!! Hope you feel better! :hug:

coffeejunkie said:
Took me total of about 13 hours color this. The adult Coloring Books are fun and relaxing :)

Oh I wanted to get one of those coloring books for myself for Christmas! That's a GREAT picture colored!!

YEA!! :cheers: Mollyandme to your new job!! Yes positive energy!!

YESorNO said:
This 'Wizard Of Oz' Theme Park Opens Its Doors Just For You

"During the summer of 1970, North Carolina's Land of Oz theme park welcomed a whopping 400,000 visitors in a matter of months. For a time, it was the second most-visited amusement park in the eastern United States, playing runner-up to Disney World, according to a local magazine.

So what happened, and why have you almost certainly NEVER heard of this place?..."

I've certainly NEVER heard of this place...

Okay - I've reached the end of page 5 and am going to post this and continue reading! It IS a long post...

:seeya:

Hi all,

That sounds great, Molly! When will you start?

Hey!

YESorNO said:
Sweetiemon just posted this on the Lawrence book thread:

Seems that he has cancer (that's why he's bald again and has gained some weight back - chemo )

Oh that's sad to here... wonder if "stress" is involved of him getting cancer...

ILikeToBendPages said:
1980 - John Lennon, former member of the Beatles, was shot and killed in New York City by Mark David Chapman.

Can't believe it's been 35 years...

Regarding the Government red tape I had to go thru yesterday... well, got a notice that our "no-cost share" on MediCal is ending, and we will have to pay about a little over $1000 a MONTH to our medical costs... there goes my hip replacement; there goes the Huz cancer treatments; there goes his new pacemaker... I think they are trying to kill my Huz! He will NOT take his pills - about 9 to 10 now - if he has to pay for them every month! One alone is $400 a month!!! :gaah: We definitely can NOT afford this $1000 a month towards our medical bills... I'm running :scared: now... And now I don't meet the requirements of the "Specific Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB) program!! That means Soc. Security will be taking out $105 towards my Part B of Medicare from my check... I can NOT afford losing another hundred from my check! We can barely pay for food, let alone now medications!! Oh and we are up for review for our food stamps also - a whole $16 a month! I can't live this way! Before I lost my great job I had for over 20 years before being laid off in 2008 - we were in the "middle-class" category... now below poverty... and we make too much to be in the "poverty" section! :sigh:

I guess I'll have to call Medicare today and find out IF I can do something about this extra $100 coming out of my checks! All was going so great! another :sigh:

Okay - off to run some errands - at least I got caught up with all your posts from yesterday and this morning!

Later! :wave:

MERCI BEAUCOUP, les amis, for your friendly words and encouragement.
So precious! Oh yes, I'm really impatient to make you discover the country I'm living in.
Zuri recently added some places, didn't she... Grindelwald, Zermatt, Courmayeur.
Who was it who seemed to apprehend snow? Was ist you, Ilike?
Don't worry, you'll sit in a horse buggy queen-like, you'll make a tour and then we'll have coffee & tea & some Black Forest cake in the eldest Chalet-Restaurant of the place; I've made already a SB-reservation for the special room with the fire place.

We'll also spend a week end here:
(Hope the link works.)

Any special wishes I should negociate with the hotel manager????

Nore, JINGLES are coming your way. You're in my thoughts. Hope you'll be able to come back here soon.

Niner, is your husband a veteran? My husband gets all his meds for $9 a month each from the VA. One of these drugs would cost $9,000 a month.
Also drug companies offer humanitarian prices if you can't afford them.

Hey!

Oh that's sad to here... wonder if "stress" is involved of him getting cancer...

Regarding the Government red tape I had to go thru yesterday... well, got a notice that our "no-cost share" on MediCal is ending, and we will have to pay about a little over $1000 a MONTH to our medical costs... there goes my hip replacement; there goes the Huz cancer treatments; there goes his new pacemaker... I think they are trying to kill my Huz! He will NOT take his pills - about 9 to 10 now - if he has to pay for them every month! One alone is $400 a month!!! :gaah: We definitely can NOT afford this $1000 a month towards our medical bills... I'm running :scared: now... And now I don't meet the requirements of the "Specific Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB) program!! That means Soc. Security will be taking out $105 towards my Part B of Medicare from my check... I can NOT afford losing another hundred from my check! We can barely pay for food, let alone now medications!! Oh and we are up for review for our food stamps also - a whole $16 a month! I can't live this way! Before I lost my great job I had for over 20 years before being laid off in 2008 - we were in the "middle-class" category... now below poverty... and we make too much to be in the "poverty" section! :sigh:

I guess I'll have to call Medicare today and find out IF I can do something about this extra $100 coming out of my checks! All was going so great! another :sigh:

Okay - off to run some errands - at least I got caught up with all your posts from yesterday and this morning!

Oh Niner, I am so sorry you are going thru this. Do you have Part D of Medicare? That is the prescription drug part. IIRC, You have to have Part D, otherwise you get fined. THe Part D ought to cover the cost of the meds, or at least make them very cheap. If you still have Medicare A and B, your DH and you should be able to get your operations. What is the alternative to MedCal? Can you check out the Obamacare Website and see if you qualify for an alternative insurance?

Niner, is your husband a veteran? My husband gets all his meds for $9 a month each from the VA. One of these drugs would cost $9,000 a month.
Also drug companies offer humanitarian prices if you can't afford them.
Excellent idea. Your doctors should be able to help with that part Niner.

Molly, will you still have issues with childcare with your new job? I am also so thrilled you got a job you will love. Very exciting!

She has a Dr appointment on Wednesday. She's having troubles moving around and is feeling weak. JINGLES Nore and Prayers!

I hope the MD can help her. Jingles and prayers sent up. Xo

L. Kirk Nurmi ‏@_nurmilaw 2h2 hours ago
Sharing this publicly was a tough personal decision but out of the hope that my story would help someone #cancer

Sorry to hear Nurmi has cancer.. Chemo is not fun.

My brain isn't working well at all. Could someone please explain the part about his hope of going public would help someone else? I am confused on that part. Thanks in advance.

Took me total of about 13 hours color this. The adult Coloring Books are fun and relaxing :)

My daughter, Anna, and I do coloring books too. We both have Inkys Secret Garden and Enchanted Forest etc, and we do Mandela's, flowers and pasiey's. You can also find just coloring pages that you can print out online. And you can doodle anywhere, all you need is a pen or pencil.

Hey!

Oh, Niner, that's terrible news. It's so different from how it works here. What a big shame for such a fabulous country. Well, excuse me for judging as I don't know at all the US health care, but what you say sounds so bad!!!
I really hope that the suggestions that some of our friends here did will work out for you & your huz.
JINGLES coming your & your huz'sssss way!

Niner ... before you go for the food stamp review, go to your pharmacy and get a print out of all your medications for this year. Take it with you and they might adjust your allotment. I did this and got a little increase.

And don't forget to watch Hunting Hitler tonight. :loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member