Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
L. Kirk Nurmi ‏@_nurmilaw 2h2 hours ago
Sharing this publicly was a tough personal decision but out of the hope that my story would help someone #cancer
http://nurmilaw.com/cancer/

So, Nurmi is going out with a big slam at ms. arias? Letting all her dirty little secrets out for all to see? What does he think revealing he has cancer will do? Garner some symphony from us "trialwatchers" that don't have any for him? He was her mouthpiece and spewed her lies. It seems like he is clueless when he *****'s and moans about how convict arias and her games she tried to manipulate and threaten him, but nada about all she put Travis went through. It's like he was the only one.

Hey!

Oh that's sad to here... wonder if "stress" is involved of him getting cancer...

Can't believe it's been 35 years...

Regarding the Government red tape I had to go thru yesterday... well, got a notice that our "no-cost share" on MediCal is ending, and we will have to pay about a little over $1000 a MONTH to our medical costs... there goes my hip replacement; there goes the Huz cancer treatments; there goes his new pacemaker... I think they are trying to kill my Huz! He will NOT take his pills - about 9 to 10 now - if he has to pay for them every month! One alone is $400 a month!!! :gaah: We definitely can NOT afford this $1000 a month towards our medical bills... I'm running :scared: now... And now I don't meet the requirements of the "Specific Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB) program!! That means Soc. Security will be taking out $105 towards my Part B of Medicare from my check... I can NOT afford losing another hundred from my check! We can barely pay for food, let alone now medications!! Oh and we are up for review for our food stamps also - a whole $16 a month! I can't live this way! Before I lost my great job I had for over 20 years before being laid off in 2008 - we were in the "middle-class" category... now below poverty... and we make too much to be in the "poverty" section! :sigh:

I guess I'll have to call Medicare today and find out IF I can do something about this extra $100 coming out of my checks! All was going so great! another :sigh:

Okay - off to run some errands - at least I got caught up with all your posts from yesterday and this morning!

Later! :wave:

Have you checked on AARP? My sister and her husband are on it along and he has the VA that sends him his meds. So far they both are happy with it.

Some drug companies will give reduced cost or free meds. Check and see. Our dr.s have also given us like a coupon that reduced the cost on one prescription from 800 down to 35. Also the other day on the news? They said to call around, the difference between CVS and Costco was several hundred bucks. You don't have to be a member to get the ones at Costco. The newsperson also said to ask if they can give you a better price, that I'm not sure about.

Hi all,

Just wanted to thank you all again for your encouraging words last week. My prayers have been answered career wise. On Sunday night I was watching the eagles game (which was a miracle by itself) when one of my best friends who is a district attorney called and told me that his good friend has an immediate need for a paralegal. I have always wanted to be a paralegal and have a lot of experience in court with my previous career but never went to paralegal school, just have my bachelors degree in something else. His friend called me yesterday, I interviewed and got the job! I'm very excited and feel like my prayers have been answered. Even better is that she followed this case (we were talking about it) and totally understands my interest in the criminal mind. I'm really excited and so grateful to my good friend for thinking of me. It will be nice to be working with other adults and feeling like I'm providing for my kids again. Thank you all for your positive energy!

That is wonderful news! :happydance: God is Good :)

I take 75,000 units of D3 a week. Made a big difference in how I feel! My crazy body will not keep me supplied in Vit D. Sun does not help. My D levels were at a all time low of 11 (norm is 25) and after being on D3 for months and months and upping the dose, it stays around 21-22. Still have some bad days, but most of the time, I feel ok.

I'm sorry to hear that Nurmi has cancer, would not wish that on anyone. May not think much of the man, but this is awful for him and his family.

Oh no, Niner! I am so sorry you have to go through all these hoops to get this mess straightened out. I hope some of the suggestions here will work for you. It is so complicated trying to figure out medical care at our age.... they don't make it at all easy. Good luck to you, my dear.

Sorry to hear Nurmi has cancer.. Chemo is not fun.

My brain isn't working well at all. Could someone please explain the part about his hope of going public would help someone else? I am confused on that part. Thanks in advance.

My heart goes out to Nurmi. What an ordeal he's been through! First JA, now, after thinking he'd have a good life in front of him, a cancer dx.

With this new knowledge of his health predicament, I can see things from his POV much more clearly. Despite the dire warnings about damage to his career, speaking out about JA has certainly been very cathartic for him. I think in his mind, it was worth it. Perhaps he is purging the evil energies from JA that were so toxic they invaded his very being on a cellular level. If I were him, that's how I would see it.

Speaking out publicly has potentially helped other people facing the same kind of bad news. A diagnosis of cancer has to be very scary, and most of its victims, unfortunately, suffer in silence. I think he was trying to say that due to his high visibility and being in the public eye, he can offer hope to those who find themselves rather hopeless; in a lonely place, isolated from support. And also, perhaps, give reassurance that it is not necessarily a death sentence. How ironic is that? JMO

That sounds great, Molly! When will you start?

Thank you Susza, tomorrow!

Also, I wanted to tell you that a lot of the time I just read here too but I really enjoy your posts! Please keep posting here !!

Hey all! :wave:

Susza said:
MERCI BEAUCOUP, les amis, for your friendly words and encouragement.
So precious! Oh yes, I'm really impatient to make you discover the country I'm living in.
Zuri recently added some places, didn't she... Grindelwald, Zermatt, Courmayeur.
Who was it who seemed to apprehend snow? Was ist you, Ilike?
Don't worry, you'll sit in a horse buggy queen-like, you'll make a tour and then we'll have coffee & tea & some Black Forest cake in the eldest Chalet-Restaurant of the place; I've made already a SB-reservation for the special room with the fire place.

We'll also spend a week end here:
(Hope the link works.)

Any special wishes I should negociate with the hotel manager????

Nore, JINGLES are coming your way. You're in my thoughts. Hope you'll be able to come back here soon.

Just a "little" off topic - but my Huz' grandmother (all these are mother's side) is from Stein, Toggenburg, St. Gallen, Switzerland; his grandfather was born in Corgemont, Bern; his great-grandmother born in Wattwil, Toggenburg; his great-grandfather is from Emmen, Lucerne.
I've been to Lucerne - Beautiful!! My mother and I took a bus trip and we're having fondue - unknown by my mother that is was just bread and cheese - she got tried of eating all that cheese - so we took the bread to the lake and fed it to the geese! And Black Forest cake - yummy!!! Love that stuff! What is the older Chalet-Restaurant and what city?

franquerolane said:

No, unfortunately not - or would that be fortunately! :waitasec: LOL! We did get a phone # for a group called "Impact" which deals with men with prostate cancer, so my Huz is gathering all the info they need for their help. He has another appointment on Monday to see his cancer doctor and will get all the right letters for Impact; plus other letters the lady at MediCal asked for to "see" if she could do "something" for the Huz, so we would not have to pay that $1000 a month. I don't know "how" she will able to do that, so we wait and see for now. Also, yes, I know about the drug companies that offer free meds; I used Pfizer for my Celebrex until I got on MediCal, but now I'll have to see about that again! Only had to pay $3.60 a month for them, as they go for $104!!! Yikes! Also Huz used Aztrasenaca for free meds. A company my sister used to work for in Sweden! :)

Zuri said:
Oh Niner, I am so sorry you are going thru this. Do you have Part D of Medicare? That is the prescription drug part. IIRC, You have to have Part D, otherwise you get fined. THe Part D ought to cover the cost of the meds, or at least make them very cheap. If you still have Medicare A and B, your DH and you should be able to get your operations. What is the alternative to MedCal? Can you check out the Obamacare Website and see if you qualify for an alternative insurance?

I do have Part D! As mentioned above ^^ but the Huz won't get Medicare until he turns 65, which is 2 years from now... From what I understand the lady at MediCal is going to put the Huz separate from me, and will wait until I get a notice of sorts regarding him not qualified and than she'll help us get him on CoveredCalifornia - which I guess IS Obamacare. So :waiting: for all red tape, paper work to go thru...

Susza said:
Oh, Niner, that's terrible news. It's so different from how it works here. What a big shame for such a fabulous country. Well, excuse me for judging as I don't know at all the US health care, but what you say sounds so bad!!!
I really hope that the suggestions that some of our friends here did will work out for you & your huz.
JINGLES coming your & your huz'sssss way!

first bold - yeah, it sucks!! LOL!
2nd bold - :tyou:

daisymae said:
Niner ... before you go for the food stamp review, go to your pharmacy and get a print out of all your medications for this year. Take it with you and they might adjust your allotment. I did this and got a little increase.

And don't forget to watch Hunting Hitler tonight.

Oh - good idea! I'll do that - plus our rent got increased by $50, but we haven't had in oh so long - maybe like 5 to 6 years now.
I'm watching Part 3 I think, about the tunnel escape! And will watch tonight's episode! Thanks for the reminder!

ILikeToBendPages - how can AARP help? I am a member! It' unbelievable what they can charge for meds these days! Disgusting, if you ask me!

Thanks for the Good Luck Spellbound! :luv:

On the Medicare charging me again for Part B - I'm thinking NOT to do anything about that, as the lady at MediCal said their computer hadn't updated anything since 2013. So if they go back to 2014 and see that I wasn't eligible than, they'll make me pay back the $105 twelve times!!??!!! I don't need that! But I will call the phone # I got at Soc. Security office this morning. It's called HICAP Services of No. California - a program of Legal Services. See what they suggest!

and THANK YOU ALL for the help! I really did forget about the drug companies giving free meds! We'll see which drug cos. can help the Huz with his meds!

okay - sorry - another LONG thread! :lol:
Going to sign off for the night - but first have to check out Teresa Sievers thread for the "new" info released!

Take care everyone! :seeya:

Zuri said:
WTH does oops mean?

:laughing: I was wondering the same thing, since it was my post!! LOL!

Oh - I took a picture of my :christmastree: last night! If you way to the top you'll see Homer Simpson with a santa hat and a beer; than on the left side you'll see I believe it's Kevin, a minion! And Mickey Mouse in the center! :D

Attachments

• ChristmasTree2015.jpg
    ChristmasTree2015.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 68
Good evening all...I believe I owe someone some brownies but at this point I am not sure who...

Still using Windows 7 although 10 did attempt to install this morning when I turned the computer on for a minute to check email before heading out on the road.

My friend's cat with the troublesome growth on his back foot will lose his leg. He is being kept at the clinic overnight until they can fit him in to their surgery schedule on either Wednesday or Thursday. We would not have been able to get him back there by 6 AM on Thursday so decided to leave him there today. We can bring him home Friday or Saturday. He is super healthy other than the tumor. They did x-rays and found nothing suspicious elsewhere so whatever it is has not spread. It is just on his foot but they said removing the entire leg was preferable to removing just a foot as he will get around better with nothing there rather than a partial limb.

I hope the little guy does OK. He is such a beautiful little kitty, not just in appearance but in personality. A real sweetheart. The world needs more gentle souls like his.

Hope everyone had a good day. I'm hopping over now to find out what, if anything, happened with Pistorius.

Hey all! :wave:

Just a "little" off topic - but my Huz' grandmother (all these are mother's side) is from Stein, Toggenburg, St. Gallen, Switzerland; his grandfather was born in Corgemont, Bern; his great-grandmother born in Wattwil, Toggenburg; his great-grandfather is from Emmen, Lucerne.
I've been to Lucerne - Beautiful!! My mother and I took a bus trip and we're having fondue - unknown by my mother that is was just bread and cheese - she got tried of eating all that cheese - so we took the bread to the lake and fed it to the geese! And Black Forest cake - yummy!!! Love that stuff! What is the older Chalet-Restaurant and what city?

No, unfortunately not - or would that be fortunately! :waitasec: LOL! We did get a phone # for a group called "Impact" which deals with men with prostate cancer, so my Huz is gathering all the info they need for their help. He has another appointment on Monday to see his cancer doctor and will get all the right letters for Impact; plus other letters the lady at MediCal asked for to "see" if she could do "something" for the Huz, so we would not have to pay that $1000 a month. I don't know "how" she will able to do that, so we wait and see for now. Also, yes, I know about the drug companies that offer free meds; I used Pfizer for my Celebrex until I got on MediCal, but now I'll have to see about that again! Only had to pay $3.60 a month for them, as they go for $104!!! Yikes! Also Huz used Aztrasenaca for free meds. A company my sister used to work for in Sweden! :)

I do have Part D! As mentioned above ^^ but the Huz won't get Medicare until he turns 65, which is 2 years from now... From what I understand the lady at MediCal is going to put the Huz separate from me, and will wait until I get a notice of sorts regarding him not qualified and than she'll help us get him on CoveredCalifornia - which I guess IS Obamacare. So :waiting: for all red tape, paper work to go thru...

first bold - yeah, it sucks!! LOL!
2nd bold - :tyou:

Oh - good idea! I'll do that - plus our rent got increased by $50, but we haven't had in oh so long - maybe like 5 to 6 years now.
I'm watching Part 3 I think, about the tunnel escape! And will watch tonight's episode! Thanks for the reminder!

ILikeToBendPages - how can AARP help? I am a member! It' unbelievable what they can charge for meds these days! Disgusting, if you ask me!

Thanks for the Good Luck Spellbound! :luv:

On the Medicare charging me again for Part B - I'm thinking NOT to do anything about that, as the lady at MediCal said their computer hadn't updated anything since 2013. So if they go back to 2014 and see that I wasn't eligible than, they'll make me pay back the $105 twelve times!!??!!! I don't need that! But I will call the phone # I got at Soc. Security office this morning. It's called HICAP Services of No. California - a program of Legal Services. See what they suggest!

and THANK YOU ALL for the help! I really did forget about the drug companies giving free meds! We'll see which drug cos. can help the Huz with his meds!

okay - sorry - another LONG thread! :lol:
Going to sign off for the night - but first have to check out Teresa Sievers thread for the "new" info released!

Take care everyone! :seeya:

It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I think that is the best thing is to try to address each of the main costs one-by-one to see if there is some way to get it reduced or to get some help for it somehow. I am going to save everyone's suggestions to keep as a reference as in a few short years I expect some of the same type of financial concerns mainly with healthcare costs.

Its so frustrating when our government helps some that purposely abuse the system (like having kids just for more benefits) and then for people that really need the help and are struggling our Government claims we don't qualify for one reason or another.

Sincerely wishing you the best for plowing through all the forms and all the different places to get the help you need.

Just home from the grocery store and the cashier tells me I have an EBT balance of about $284. WHAT? I then went to another store because Publix didn't have brussel sprouts and this cashier tells my my balance is 277. That's one heck of an increase as I get about 90. a month. I'm sure it's an error but if I find out it's not an error, I would love to get a buggy full of turkeys and pass around to churches for their food pantries. But certainly it's an error.

I'd love to ride in a sleigh through the snow. We're not used to it here in Texas. Today it's seventy degrees, and will be almost eighty this weekend.

Black Forest cake is one of my favorites. I look forward to our visit, and to see your country. Will we have hot buttered rum and eggnog on our sleigh ride? And sit under warm blankets as merrily dash on our way. We will have jingle bells won't we? It's a must have.

Zuri posted a photo of a beautiful black Frisian stallion, and GigiG was more familiar with the stockier (?) and had more hair on their legs. I think they might be like theses?

[video=youtu;txuYKN0sbgQ]http://youtu.be/txuYKN0sbgQ[/video]

How lovely! That definitely gets me in the holiday spirit. Yes, Friesian horses are a bit stocky and notable for the feathering on their lower legs, but if you'll notice, they also have a very elegant and dignified gait. It almost looks like they're dancing! Quite handsome animals. Seems like the ones in this vid have the holiday spirit as well!

I'd love to ride in a sleigh through the snow. We're not used to it here in Texas. Today it's seventy degrees, and will be almost eighty this weekend.

Black Forest cake is one of my favorites. I look forward to our visit, and to see your country. Will we have hot buttered rum and eggnog on our sleigh ride? And sit under warm blankets as merrily dash on our way. We will have jingle bells won't we? It's a must have.

Zuri posted a photo of a beautiful black Frisian stallion, and GigiG was more familiar with the stockier (?) and had more hair on their legs. I think they might be like theses?

[video=youtu;txuYKN0sbgQ]http://youtu.be/txuYKN0sbgQ[/video]

BBM

I am so ENVIOUS! It's not too, too cold here, but I so wish I could have temps in the 70s in December! How awesome!

Dec. 8, 1941, the United States entered World War II as Congress declared war against Imperial Japan, a day after the attack on Pearl Harbor.

[video=youtu;_yQyCTTPGuQ]http://youtu.be/_yQyCTTPGuQ[/video]

My heart goes out to Nurmi. What an ordeal he's been through! First JA, now, after thinking he'd have a good life in front of him, a cancer dx.

With the knowledge of his health predicament, I can see things from his POV much more clearly. Despite the dire warnings about damage to his career, speaking out about JA has certainly been cathartic to him. I think in his mind, it was worth it. Perhaps he is purging the evil energies from JA that were so toxic, they invaded him on a cellular level. If I were him, that's how I would see it.

Speaking out publicly has potentially helped other people facing the same kind of bad news. A diagnosis of cancer has to be very scary, and most of its victims, unfortunately, suffer in silence. I think he was trying to say that due to his high visibility and being in the public eye, he can offer hope to those who find themselves in a lonely place, isolated from support. And also, perhaps, give reassurance that it is not necessarily a death sentence. How ironic is that? JMO

It is early in his treatment to be reassuring. Also in all that long article about his contracting the disease and the treatment, he never once mentioned his faith. I have found that prayer and faith help tremendously. Even the Cancer Centers of America have it on their curriculum. Faith is a part of the treatment. Yet he never mentions this.

It is early in his treatment to be reassuring. Also in all that long article about his contracting the disease and the treatment, he never once mentioned his faith. I have found that prayer and faith help tremendously. Even the Cancer Centers of America have it on their curriculum. Faith is a part of the treatment. Yet he never mentions this.

I hear you. "Faith" is important to me, too. But I'm fine leaving that between him and his maker. It's a personal thing and I'm not going to judge him should he choose not to address it in writing. JMO

NINER, your husband may be eligible for Disability Medicare benefits due to his "illness". http://www.cahealthadvocates.org/disabilities/overview.html == If you are age 18 to 64, your eligibility for Medicare is tied to your eligibility for Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) benefits. == To qualify for SSDI, you must be unable to work for a least one year because of a qualifying physical or mental impairment, a combination of impairments or a terminal condition resulting from an impairment. You can apply for SSDI at your local Social Security Administration office. Once you are approved for SSDI, you must wait 5 months for your income benefits to begin, and an additional 24 months before Medicare benefits begin.

KKRJX.... I am sad for the kitty, but from what I understand, our animals can recover and do nicely minus one appendage. I hope that is the case for kitty. How wonderful that he is getting the operation and a chance to continue his loving life. Best of luck to his recovery and prognosis.

Daisymae.... I hope your "windfall" is accurate and yours to keep!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hell Yeah