SIDEBAR #58 - Travis Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the New Year - 2016 - brings you all Good Fortune, Good Health and Happy Memories!!

:toastred: .. :confetti: .. :toast:

Attachments

• HappyNewYear.gif
    HappyNewYear.gif
    92.9 KB · Views: 90
Morning all! :wave:

Since our YESorNO can't be here - here's a little trivia to make you seem smart! :D

Glass takes one million years to decompose, which means it never wears out and can be recycled an infinite amount of times.

Gold is the only metal that doesn't rust, even if it's buried in the ground for thousands of years.

Your tongue is the only muscle in your body that is attached at only one end.

If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. When a human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off.

Zero is the only number that cannot be represented by Roman numerals.

Kits were used in the American Civil War to deliver letters and newspapers.

The song, Auld Lang Syne, is sung at the stroke of midnight in almost every English-speaking country in the world to bring in the new year.

Drinking water after eating reduces the acid in your mouth by 61 percent.

Peanut oil is used for cooking in submarines because it doesn't smoke unless it's heated above 450F.

The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear.

Nine out of every 10 living things live in the ocean.

The banana cannot reproduce itself. It can be propagated only by the hand of man.

Airports at higher altitudes-require a longer airstrip due to lower air density.

The University of Alaska spans four time zones.

The tooth is the only part of the human body that cannot heal itself.

In ancient Greece tossing an apple to a girl was a traditional proposal of marriage. Catching it meant she accepted.

Warner Communications paid 28 million for the copyright to the song Happy Birthday.

Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.

A comet's tail always points away from the sun.

The Swine Flu vaccine in 1976 caused more death and illness than the disease it was intended to prevent.

Caffeine increases the power of aspirin and other painkillers, that is why it is found in some medicines.

The military salute is a motion that evolved from medieval times, when knights in
armor raised their visors to reveal their identity.

If you get into the bottom of a well or a tall chimney and look up, you can see stars, even in the middle of the day.

When a person dies, hearing is the last sense to go. The first sense lost is sight.

In ancient times strangers shook hands to show that they were unarmed.

Strawberries are the only fruits whose seeds grow on the outside.

Avocados have the highest calories of any fruit at 167 calories per hundred grams.

The moon-moves about two inches away from the Earth each year.

The Earth gets 100 tons heavier every day due to falling space dust. Due to earth's gravity it is impossible for mountains to be higher than 15,000 meters.

Mickey Mouse is known as "Topolino" in Italy.

Soldiers do not march in step when going across bridges because they could set up a vibration which could be sufficient to knock the bridge down.

Everything weighs one percent less at the equator.

For every extra kilogram carried on a space flight, 530 kg of excess fuel are needed at lift-off.

The letter J does not appear anywhere on the periodic table of the elements.

:giggle:

Off to run some errands and get another book from my library!

:seeya:

My tiny house reeks of garlic because I'm cooking beef bourguignon (aka fancy stew) for my friends who are coming over tonight. It's softly snowing right now and I'm feeling winter-cozy as I'm humming to myself Cole Porter songs--sheer bliss.

To all my WSers: a happy new year and may 2016 bless you all! :newyear:

Happy New Years Ever everyone, and yes even you lurkers.

Susza, is it 2016 there yet? This morning the first was Auckland (?) New Zealand. How does your part of the world celebrate?

[video=youtu;v7n_DWxJTwQ]http://youtu.be/v7n_DWxJTwQ[/video]

My tiny house reeks of garlic because I'm cooking beef bourguignon (aka fancy stew) for my friends who are coming over tonight. It's softly snowing right now and I'm feeling winter-cozy as I'm humming to myself Cole Porter songs--sheer bliss.

To all my WSers: a happy new year and may 2016 bless you all! :newyear:

Aww, Becky, this sounds wonderfull: a tiny little house, Cole Porter and boeuf bourguignon. I wish you & your friends a happy evening and
A PEACEFUL, HAPPY & HEALTHY 2016 TO YOU AND ALL OUR SB FRIENDS HERE.

Evening to all, I missed y'all today. Yesterday, I took Anna to the doctor for a sinus infection, and while I'm waiting and reading, a small child decides he want to stand close to me. Very close. Like on my toes. His mother is seated across the room texting away, while her child with a green snotty nose won't leave me alone. You want to say My God wipe his poor nose for his sake, and for everything and one he comes in contact with. I woke up at two this morning coughing.

[video=youtu;_nNXi66N2oc]http://youtu.be/_nNXi66N2oc[/video]

It's too bad there are mothers like that isn't it? Why is there so much neglect these days, has it always been that way? I don't think so, but jmo. Hope you get over your illness soon, I've had it for a week now. Went to the doc on Monday but didn't start the meds, Methylprednisolone, until Tuesday. Thought at first I had a sinus infection, but no antibiotics because it's viral. I'm just now starting to feel better, get well soon, BendPages. :hug:

Squeaks would like to wish you a Happy New Year!!

What a precious baby, CJ. A Happy New Years, and best of wishes to you and to all my sidebar friends !!! You to YesORNo, even though you can't be here! Love all you guys!!! :newyear: :fireworks:

Happy New Years Ever everyone, and yes even you lurkers.

Susza, is it 2016 there yet? This morning the first was Auckland (?) New Zealand. How does your part of the world celebrate?

Thanks Bpages, reminded me of another song. :)

[video=youtube;3GwjfUFyY6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M[/video]

Happy New Year, everyone! I will probably be asleep long before the clock strikes 12 :newyear:

This is about all I do for New Years Eve. I'd like to go to sleep early, but we have neighbors that set off firecrackers and stand out side yelling, which makes the dogs bark, and Eve goes and hide in her basket in my bathroom's linen closet.

In over a month and half my pear and peach trees will be blossoming, and a month after that it will be spring.

[video=youtu;8697G9RAi-Y]http://youtu.be/8697G9RAi-Y[/video]

Happy New Year Sidebar Friends!!!!!!!

:loveyou:

Happy New Year!

Do you ever wonder when someone sets off firecrackers early if they're celebrating with someone in a different time zone, or just jerks?

[video=youtu;ytCt8WrxDj4]http://youtu.be/ytCt8WrxDj4[/video]

Happy new year everyone! I hope this next year is better for you all!

Good morning and SMILE. The start of a new year. Here's hoping everyone finds peace and happiness. Love to all my friends close and far away. :grouphug: :loveyou:

Do you ever wonder when someone sets off firecrackers early if they're celebrating with someone in a different time zone, or just jerks?

[video=youtu;ytCt8WrxDj4]http://youtu.be/ytCt8WrxDj4[/video]

Jerks....I hate fireworks of any kind. 4th of July hate. My language can really be bad over this. We get the big booms at my house....

Sometimes it seems like I fell off the face of the WS earth but I really didn't. Erry once in awhile I just need to drop in and say hi to my fellow weirdos.

Hi, weirdos!!! :D

Good morning 2016 everyone. It was an almost quite New Years Eve, you try to decide if the bangs you're hearing are firecracker or some dumb sob firing off a rounds into the air which they don't understand what goes up will come down, sometimes killing people blocks away.

Just spoke with my good looking son, they are still smoking and feeding many. He said they were about to go into Darlie Routier's old neighborhood.

Good Morning to a new day in the year 2016!! :fireworks:

I went to bed my usual time - 11pm - so missed any fireworks or gun shots around here! Did see the ball drop in New York City though! :D

Will be Skyping with sisters and brother today! :happydance:

Sharing another picture with you all!

:seeya:

Attachments

• NewYearResolution.jpg
    NewYearResolution.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online