SIDEBAR #58 - Travis Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a notice from Amazon that Juan's book will be downloaded middle Feb. Seems it's be a long time since I pre ordered it...

Nore ~ So glad the snow missed you! Missed us also, we got less than an inch.

My thoughts and prayers are for those that are in the path of the storm. Was watching the Weather Channel and showing all the people that are stranded on I 75 in Kentucky over 3000 cars! :(
Dmacky ~ Are you okay?
All of our SB friends doing ok that are in the path of the storm?

Yes mam, thank goodness we underachieved our "blizzard like" prediction. It snowed all day long, however it was only light snow. The wind gusts would hit you in the face with blowing snow.

Gigi I know what you mean about differing snow amounts. Our local airport where snow is "officially measured" received 1.9". I live about 10 miles away and my area got 4 inches. My sis lives in the east end only had a dusting???? Snow totals are all over the place.
I can't imagine 31 inches :thud: It's wonderful to have your snow angels :heart:

And Zuri 12-18 inches is a lot of snow! Are you able to open the doggy door with all those drifts behind your house? I don't have a doggy door and have to take Chase out on a leash. Shoot I've never had a DD, they sound wonderful to me! I've always hated putting on coats/hoods/gloves and boots to take my dogs out in the snow...and then they take forever to find the right spot.

Glad to see everyone made it through this much anticipated blizzard.

Far behind with reading as always, but sending love to everyone :loveyou:

Thank you, Coffeej !
I can only confirm: I use s-hooks everywhere. My jackets, daypacks, bicycle helmet, scarfs, shopping basket, other bags, tennis racket, gloves (in a small basket) are s-hooked on 2 metal strings (2.5 m each) one below the other at about 1m distance in my entrance. I love it as it's a light and cheap way of storing this stuff.

I also love magnetic hooks; you can fix them on the fridge & stove and hook up a towel, oven mitts, or a little trash bin.
I have lots of them in my car, too, as I often use it as a camper...
They are really magic helpers.

I received a pre-recorded/robot message twice yesterday.
Saying: The reason for this call is to inform you that IRS is filing a lawsuit against you.
They told me I needed to call them back at this number 505-718-4650.
I was at home and they called on my landline. I didn't recognize the number and I didn't answer the phone. I will admit it really did scare me at first. I googled it and apparently this scam has been going around for a couple of years now. It's heartbreaking to read that many people do fall for it, and give their SS #'s to them. Some even sent money :frown:

glad the snow wasn't as bad as we expected for most. Be extra careful if you do your own shoveling.

Off to visit MIL today. See ya later, peeps.

Dmacky, I see that IRS scam going on a lot lately. Good thing you didn't fall for it! IRS never calls, they would send snail mail if they needed to contact us.

Hooks are one of my favorite organization items. I use them everywhere!

I know a lot of people use the trackpad mouse that is right on the laptop but I have got so accustomed to using external mouse with mine that I use my USB=plugin Mouse with my laptop instead of my laptop supplied mouse. My new laptop has 3 USB ports so I use 1 for a USB Mouse and sometimes when I need to do a lot of typing I will even plug in my USB keyboard into a 2nd port instead of using the laptop keyboard.

I just don't like the latop mouse and laptop keyboard makes me crouch over too far. Using the external plug in mouse and keyboard is kind of nice but you have to be on a desk type area for it.

Works good if the laptop supplied devices give you trouble.

The neat thing about my plug in mouse is I ended up getting an infrared type mouse. It doesn't have a moving ball or anything. It has a red type light on it. And what is really nice about it is I have gotten used to using it on my leg. LOL

So I can sit back and just move the curor around by moving the mouse around on the side of my leg. LOL
Its real comfortable that way and I don't have to lean over at all in my chair. LOL

I use my mouse with my laptop, I though everyone did! hahaha But, I can't do the 'leg thing-y' like you can...YOU are so talented :giggle:

Saying: The reason for this call is to inform you that IRS is filing a lawsuit against you.
I was at home and they called on my landline. I didn't recognize the number and I didn't answer the phone. I will admit it really did scare me at first. I googled it and apparently this scam has been going around for a couple of years now. It's heartbreaking to read that many people do fall for it, and give their SS #'s to them. Some even sent money :frown:

We are getting them also on house phone. Seems like once a week they call. grrrrrr

My dear Aunt fell yesterday and fractured her back. She is 85 yrs old. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.

On a happy note, my 2 daughters, granddaughter, and great granddaughter are flying out to Disney World today. They have already left and will be home next Saturday. Lizzy gets to eat with Cinderella and then she gets the full treatment of dressing up like her favorite princesses. In her case it will be Queen Elsa from Frozen. They are staying at the Disney 'Toy Story' Hotel. Some little girl is sooooo excited!!! I know the bigger girls are just as excited, too!!!

Have them write thank you notes to characters---if Disney has their address they should get something in mail. We got letters and autographed pictures. It was fun for my ladies especially since they believed

Dmacky, I see that IRS scam going on a lot lately. Good thing you didn't fall for it! IRS never calls, they would send snail mail if they needed to contact us.

Hooks are one of my favorite organization items. I use them everywhere!
-----------
Hi , I received a call like that once. I let the "guy" rattle on , then told him "hey call me back when you learn how to speak English!" I slammed the phone down. :laughcry:

Thank you for sharing. Could we start a thread on the Holocaust somewhere on WS? It's been a strong interest of mine for most of my adult life.

______
There is a book out. "The Day The Thunderbird Cried".. Thunderbirds are 45th Infantry, 179th Regt. My Dads unit. one of first into Dachau. The men were sick. My Dad had been KIA not long before.

1960 - Go, Jimmy, Go - Jimmy Clanton tops the charts on this day. Niner, do you have this one? I honestly don't think I've ever heard it before.

How our snowbound friends? Everyone nice and warm? A big pot of spicy hot chili (there are no beans in Texas chili) on the stove, and a pan of cornbread in the oven? I've made fresh green tea and made my 32 ounce mug just right with lemon and sweet and low and a spring of fresh crunched mint. If have trouble getting enough fluids (eight glass of water a day) if you have a 32 ounce mug sip/drink two of them through out the day and you'll feel better. It may seem hard at first, but start sipping on it and it you'll surprised at how good you're feeling, you face may break out getting rid of crude in your body, but you feel great. I also keep a mug with ice water on my nightstand at night for when I wake up for just a sip, or the one where your thirsty. Any other fluids are included in that 64.

In spite of the blizzard, it seems many are enjoying all this snow. On the news they're showing kids out in the sunshine sledding and having fun. Now, we'll get to see how all this snow will cause flooding.

Daisymae, do you know the reason for the Holocaust?

[video=youtu;-7DCsV-5IaM]http://youtu.be/-7DCsV-5IaM[/video]

WOW GIGI...31 inches of snow...unreal!!

Yeah, now I'm starting to think I DID measure in somewhat of a snowdrift. When I went out this morning and measured in pretty much the same place, it was only 26 inches.

Have to take into consideration that the winds yesterday were quite strong and likely "redistributed" a lot of the snow.

On another note, my snow angels came back and I now have a beautifully cleared path that goes from my front porch right down to the street ... which now has a 4 ft+ wall of snow from where the plows piled everything up.

Since I live on a corner and lent my car to my SIL, I guess they thought my usual parking space would be the perfect place to dump all the snow from the side street (which is a cul de sac). :/

I laughted till I cried reading this! I know Niner will get a kick out of it LOL

The Fart That (Almost) Altered My Destiny

http://hahasforhoohas.com/the-fart-that-almost-altered-my-destiny

This was hysterical :floorlaugh:

We had tried some new treats for our dog about a month ago. It took us awhile to make the connection that whenever we gave him this certain treat then we were "treated" to his version of Fabreeze.

In the trash those treats went. :floorlaugh:

Morning all! :wave:

all quotes snipped by me! :)

daisymae said:
Thank you for sharing. Could we start a thread on the Holocaust somewhere on WS? It's been a strong interest of mine for most of my adult life.

Yes, thank you for sharing Hope4More! And if you find a link to the Holocaust here daisymae - please share the link. I too have a strong interest in this. Have read ALL the books in my library about the Holocaust. On my visit to Latvia one year, my mother and brother took me to the Latvia concentration camp "Salaspils". Very moving...

Glad to hear you are safe GigiG! Yes! Girl power!!!!

coffeejunkie said:
My dear Aunt fell yesterday and fractured her back. She is 85 yrs old. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.

Oh No!! JINGLES!!! to your Aunt!! A speedy recovery for her!!!! :luv:

coffeejunkie said:
I laughted till I cried reading this! I know Niner will get a kick out of it LOL

:gaah: I can't see it - the cursor just keeps going in circles!! I guess I'll have to try later...

Dmacky said:
I was at home and they called on my landline. I didn't recognize the number and I didn't answer the phone. I will admit it really did scare me at first. I googled it and apparently this scam has been going around for a couple of years now. It's heartbreaking to read that many people do fall for it, and give their SS #'s to them. Some even sent money

It is terrible! We have commercials on TV (local) warning about this scam!

ILikeToBendPages said:
1960 - Go, Jimmy, Go - Jimmy Clanton tops the charts on this day. Niner, do you have this one? I honestly don't think I've ever heard it before.

Nope - don't have that one - but I have heard the song! I do have 16 Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford, though! :D

Okay - will post this and see if there are anymore posts!

:seeya:

Yeah, now I'm starting to think I DID measure in somewhat of a snowdrift. When I went out this morning and measured in pretty much the same place, it was only 26 inches.

Have to take into consideration that the winds yesterday were quite strong and likely "redistributed" a lot of the snow.

On another note, my snow angels came back and I now have a beautifully cleared path that goes from my front porch right down to the street ... which now has a 4 ft+ wall of snow from where the plows piled everything up.

Since I live on a corner and lent my car to my SIL, I guess they thought my usual parking space would be the perfect place to dump all the snow from the side street (which is a cul de sac). :/

Still! 26" is a mountain of snow and a 4ft + wall of snow. I don't think we would ever dig out of that mess till summer rolled around! This area is not equipped to handle that much snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
upstairsmeow